Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Grey Fox posted:

Yeah but having to score five consecutive headshots on Fireman Ed with your most powerful rifle every time you rounded a corner just felt like the developers didn't really know what to do at the end.

But this isn't the case.

DrNutt posted:

These apples and oranges are the same thing, I totally agree.

You're getting bent out of shape over something that isn't actually the case, mate. Don't start farting about realism and then throw your hands up when called on it, lol.

You can like Destiny without needing to vent this weird Division grudge all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

poptart_fairy posted:

Nope. At their worst it's a clip or two of ammo.

That's a lie and you know it. The legendary mode dungeons (akin to strikes but have the story stripped out) have basic trash soldiers that takes four or five magazines from each 256 set geared party member to kill. They are awful.

When you make arguments under the assumption that we don't play the game either, you are in for a bad time friendo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm the guy at Bungie doing an extremely inefficient update statement on everyone's characters that have the pepe gauntlets

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Tei posted:

I think the raid will have a laser section, *does some googling*

Something like this game:
https://jayisgames.com/games/reflections/

Two notes of interest:

- Ratking seems interesting for the raid.
- We have not seen or hear about a epic weapon that is really good for the raid yet (like Touch of Malice), could be a quest we already have.

well there's the quest item in the heavy slot that right now basically just says "wait for the raid" so I bet that'll be something

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Soulex posted:

Auto rifles feel really good for some reason to me. I used to hate them.

IMO, ARs are top-tier right now. Uriel's Gift and Origin Story absolutely rip and tear from an absurd distance and they're very easy to control.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Say what you will about The Division, but at least you can play it now

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's a lie and you know it. The legendary mode dungeons (akin to strikes but have the story stripped out) have basic trash soldiers that takes four or five magazines from each 256 set geared party member to kill. They are awful.

When you make arguments under the assumption that we don't play the game either, you are in for a bad time friendo.

Ultra poopsock content that is not indicative of what Nutts whines about all the time.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You're a big strong muscle man hacking at a dude for 30+ strokes with an ancient cursed fire-sword in diablo, it's a freaking video game

Not everyone wants to play a twitchy shooter, ymmv bro
lol what are you even talking about

The progression hit a brick loving wall (and it sounds like there've been tweaks since then?) and the gameplay suffered for it. You can work around that stuff in ways that aren't just throwing more poo poo at you haphazardly.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Moving the goalposts now.

Edit: I'd like to add that we are now firmly in the 'consuming each other' phase of Destiny downtime

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
why are you all talking about the division like it's an actual game?

you some off-brand cola youtube reviewers or some poo poo?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Division Chat is $10

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Moving the goalposts now.

Not at all. I brought up similarly terrible examples in D2, but Nutts continued to whinge about low level mobs. If you can tolerate bullet sponges in end game stuff here, you can keep your dick in your pants about it existing elsewhere.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Rat King seems easy this week. We finished with 4 minutes to spare and we weren't even trying. The rings gimmick wasn't all that interesting compared to getting more time for murdering.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

Ultra poopsock content that is not indicative of what Nutts whines about all the time.

Yo, I get that it's fine for some people, but I really can't stand games that go for an extremely down to earth milsim sort of presentation and then have the typical rpg structure built on top of that. It seems much dumber to have to get +10 M16 of fire damage or whatever than in a sci-fi/fantasy setting. Like, what does going from level 1-10 in a game like the Division even represent? More training? Headshots are still headshots. In Destiny at least it's all explainable via light and the traveler and hand wavey sci-fi bullshit.

And actually it probably wouldn't have even bugged me that much if the shooting mechanics weren't complete garbage to begin with.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Downtime is definitely my fault tho :rip:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

Yo, I get that it's fine for some people, but I really can't stand games that go for an extremely down to earth milsim sort of presentation and then have the typical rpg structure built on top of that. It seems much dumber to have to get +10 M16 of fire damage or whatever than in a sci-fi/fantasy setting. Like, what does going from level 1-10 in a game like the Division even represent? More training? Headshots are still headshots. In Destiny at least it's all explainable via light and the traveler and hand wavey sci-fi bullshit.

And actually it probably wouldn't have even bugged me that much if the shooting mechanics weren't complete garbage to begin with.

It's fine to dislike the Division. Jusr drop the bullshit about the same things being acceptable here due to realism. Bullet sponges are poo poo regardless of fan wank.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

poptart_fairy posted:

It's fine to dislike the Division. Jusr drop the bullshit about the same things being acceptable here due to realism. Bullet sponges are poo poo regardless of fan wank.

Well it's a moot point anyway because they're not a problem in Destiny 2: Electric Boogaloo. The only things that are even slightly bullet spongey are strike bosses which seems pretty fairly balanced.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I came here to complain about Destiny, I’ve done my fair share of complaining about the Division

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

On the bright side, there's probably going to be an opening in the Bungie art department soon

Can't wait until the fired Bungie guy does a podcast with the fired Google guy

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

Well it's a moot point anyway because they're not a problem in Destiny 2: Electric Boogaloo. The only things that are even slightly bullet spongey are strike bosses which seems pretty fairly balanced.

This is the Division as well now, you weenie.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Destiny 2 is a great video game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Grey Fox posted:

Destiny 2 is a great video game.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I've said it before and I've said it again, the divisions problem isn't having Ar-15 of +4 Damage but not managing expectations for an audience that is super into guns.

It's actually fun to play gun diablo but people want/expect persistent world CoD

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Waffle House posted:

Downtime is definitely my fault tho :rip:

It's okay, waffle. You're not the hero we deserve. You're the hero we could afford.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Division is actually pretty good these days. :shrug:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Did you guys get the mission where you have to shut down the Hive's lovely DJ? How much do you want to bet they only listen to the finest gold plated analog crystal? They sound warmer you know.

For real though this was rad because it was clearly a dance party room.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Tei posted:

- We have not seen or hear about a epic weapon that is really good for the raid yet (like Touch of Malice), could be a quest we already have.

It's called Legend of Acrius, it's an exotic shotgun, the quest currently hangs up on a step called "await the world eater," but will eventually require doing something in the raid, then completing last week's nightfall, then completing a bunch of strikes.

Its an arc shotgun that overpenetrates.

https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Legend_of_Acrius

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Has anyone seen something yet that pulls match summaries like you used to be able to get from the app for crucible and or strikes?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mikey-San posted:

IMO, ARs are top-tier right now. Uriel's Gift and Origin Story absolutely rip and tear from an absurd distance and they're very easy to control.

Drops?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Funkmaster General posted:

It's called Legend of Acrius, it's an exotic shotgun, the quest currently hangs up on a step called "await the world eater," but will eventually require doing something in the raid, then completing last week's nightfall, then completing a bunch of strikes.

YES! This looks fun!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Origin Story is a possible main quest reward.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

On the bright side, there's probably going to be an opening in the Bungie art department soon

Can't wait until the fired Bungie guy does a podcast with the fired Google guy

Oh heck yeah time to brush up on my art skills.

Here's my new boss fight, warlocks nova bombing a monster swastika.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
turns out bungie is insanely good and so is wafflehouse

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

You have to complete The Arms Dealer with 7 minutes remaining. That's going to suck.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Uriel's is from gunsmith rep packages and Origin is one of the rewards for doing the "complete two strikes" milestone. I think it should also come from vanguard rep packages.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Mazerunner posted:

apparently the thing with not getting loot out of chests is there is a hidden soft-lock on chest farming. Something like 3 in a minute or 5 in 5 minutes (for a whole fireteam) means you don't get loot for a bit. which is very :bungie:

now thing is public event/important target chests don't count, but cayde chests do. Which is extremely :bungie:

Maybe that's why I got stuff out of all the boxes and my fireteam buddy got an empty box. drat :(

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Thanks. This is a bit too much information, somehow I expected something more funny.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Floppychop posted:

You have to complete The Arms Dealer with 7 minutes remaining. That's going to suck.

Since it doesn't say "complete the nightfall" it may be a special strike variant with rules we haven't seen yet. A few quests in TTK worked like that.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

That side quest with Failsafe's crew was kind of creepy. Going after the Captain...

I don't want to die and have my memories harvested and parroted out by an outcast robot 500 years later. "I have that memory" put off this whole "I have this, it's mine now" vibe, but it's not clear the Harpy actually understood what it had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
This get posted yet?

Bungie Removes Destiny 2 Glove With Hate Symbol On It

quote:

Bungie is changing a gauntlet in Destiny 2 that was based on an alt-right symbol, the developer said today.

“It’s come to our attention that a gauntlet in Destiny 2 shares elements with a hate symbol. It is not intentional. We are removing it,” the company said on Twitter this afternoon. “Our deepest apologies. This does NOT represent our values, and we are working quickly to correct this. We renounce hate in all forms.”

Although Bungie did not specify the gauntlet—and the company has not returned a request for comment—Redditors quickly discerned that the “Road Complex AA1,” pictured above, fits the bill. The design on these gloves bears a striking resemblance to the Kekistan flag, an alt-right symbol that itself is based on Nazi symbology

Although the word “kek” originated as a World of Warcraft meme, it has since been repurposed by alt-right internet denizens as a symbol of white nationalism, not unlike Pepe the Frog. As the Southern Poverty Law Center points out, alt-right protesters have carried this flag at various rallies and demonstrations.

“The banner’s design, in fact, perfectly mimics a German Nazi war flag, with the Kek logo replacing the swastika and the green replacing the infamous German red,” writes the SPLC. “Alt-righters are particularly fond of the way the banner trolls liberals who recognize its origins.”

It’s not yet clear whether Bungie will remove the gauntlets entirely or simply alter the design.

So I'm assuming this was unintentional, or am I giving the devs too much credit?

Edit: been talked about. Move along.

Zipperelli. fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 12, 2017