Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That actually reminds me of a Micro Machines set I had as a kid. It came in a little toolbox with 2 Nascar looking cars, several bolt on engines, multiple sets of wheels including monster truck ones and the axles were adjustable so you could if you wanted, put the racing slicks on the front and jack up the back end with the monster truck wheels.

...so for this guy to basically be driving around cool toy poo poo from my childhood, I can't hate this. It just needs a massive V8 out the bonnet and a huge spoiler on the back :allears:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That actually reminds me of a Micro Machines set I had as a kid. It came in a little toolbox with 2 Nascar looking cars, several bolt on engines, multiple sets of wheels including monster truck ones and the axles were adjustable so you could if you wanted, put the racing slicks on the front and jack up the back end with the monster truck wheels.

...so for this guy to basically be driving around cool toy poo poo from my childhood, I can't hate this. It just needs a massive V8 out the bonnet and a huge spoiler on the back :allears:

Man, that was a great toy. Used to do pit stops all the time

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I think it's still at my parent's house with all the parts.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

ComfyPants posted:

It was a crash. Apparently the truck changed lanes and didn't notice another car there and still didn't notice for about a mile: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/04/20/caught-on-video-car-dragged-by-dump-truck-for-miles/ (edit: autoplay video in link)
Kind of related, but how often do you guys check your mirrors? I am constantly scanning mine... don't know if it's a side effect of being a bike rider or what but I can't imagine not noticing that for 3/4 of a mile, even if you didn't feel the impact.

donut
Feb 4, 2001

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than all the prerunner posers I see driving around with their noses in the air.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's called rake, scrubs. It helps with downforce. Look it up!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's terrible but hilarious.

donut posted:

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than all the prerunner posers I see driving around with their noses in the air.

Definitely better than cencal style

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

Kind of related, but how often do you guys check your mirrors? I am constantly scanning mine... don't know if it's a side effect of being a bike rider or what but I can't imagine not noticing that for 3/4 of a mile, even if you didn't feel the impact.

Constantly, but honestly I can't imagine missing something like that just from the way it feels. I know the sense of impact/scale is different in a big truck but holy poo poo. If you scale it down I think I'd notice hitting a motorcycle.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Olympic Mathlete posted:

God drat that was one of my top toys. I wonder how many wheels and tires I still had as of whenever it was finally donated/sold at a garage sale. It was one of my few toys that I actually attempted to keep neat, tidy, and organized.

:dogbutton:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Machines-Speed-Shop-Custom-Set-V4-/272839909957?hash=item3f8686a245:g:Xw0AAOSwcYxZj9Sb

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The brotruck is impressed by it's suitor's ability to pull the fattest vape clouds in "The 619", and after commencing the ritual of chugging Rockstars, readies itself to receive its mate.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's a good thing they're wrong about how stuff like toys influence children, otherwise I'd have grown up to have several tiny cars and parts of them all over the place.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

InitialDave posted:

It's a good thing they're wrong about how stuff like toys influence children, otherwise I'd have grown up to have several tiny cars and parts of them all over the place.

I would have dozens of cars buried in shallow graves all over the back yard.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I definitely traded a kid some baseball cards for that

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Powershift posted:

Looks like when a roofer with his jacked truck actually tows a trailer.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

StormDrain posted:

Looks like when a roofer with his jacked truck actually tows a trailer.

Huh so that's a thing in other places too, eh? Lots of small-time contractors around here drive company-logo'd brodozers and it looks pretty funny when they actually have gear in the bed and/or are towing a construction trailer.
It's easy to pick out the legit outfits as they maintain a couple (a fleet?) of regular work trucks - i.e. stock wheels, stock rims, probably ugly light green, and definitely not lifted.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

TotalLossBrain posted:

Huh so that's a thing in other places too, eh? Lots of small-time contractors around here drive company-logo'd brodozers and it looks pretty funny when they actually have gear in the bed and/or are towing a construction trailer.
It's easy to pick out the legit outfits as they maintain a couple (a fleet?) of regular work trucks - i.e. stock wheels, stock rims, probably ugly light green, and definitely not lifted.

All over Colorado but probably all making a pilgrimage down to TexaFlorida by now. A small factor in choosing a roofer for me was his regular sized truck even if it was wrapped front to back in advertising vinyl, it was a work truck first and foremost. I also saw him later helping clean up with the roofers which was nice, since these guys are generally just piece workers.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

xzzy posted:

Aren't texas' new plates just a sheet of plastic with some printing on them? What is there for inmates to do?

Aluminum. Printed lettering, but still stamped for a strengthening rib.

The legislature also sold all our roads to toll collection agencies, so pretty much every road being built, and any being widened or improved are becoming tollways/lanes. "Texpress" lane my rear end. You've been loving up the road(s) I have to travel on for YEARS, and now you want me to pay for it above and beyond my taxes?

Uh. Huh.
...That's a Texas plate, isn't it? poo poo.

Powershift posted:

Yeah , I'll give you that one.

InitialDave posted:

Uh. Well, now I know what caused *that*. Also, I still have like 70% of my Hot Wheels from childhood plus a whole shitload of newer ones because I refuse to grow up. It's also cheaper than collecting real cars, still.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darchangel posted:

The legislature also sold all our roads to toll collection agencies, so pretty much every road being built, and any being widened or improved are becoming tollways/lanes. "Texpress" lane my rear end. You've been loving up the road(s) I have to travel on for YEARS, and now you want me to pay for it above and beyond my taxes?

No sympathy here! :v:

(hint: avoid Illinois if tollways make you mad)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

AI:SS taken care of.

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

I was looking up small convertibles and found out that in the late 70s Coach-builders were taking Cadillac Sevilles and turning them into convertibles. They turned these:

into two door roadsters; the Seville Milan:

These cars look like optical illusions to me, is the front wheel well larger than the rear or is the car riding too low in the back, are the front wheels sticking out farther than the rears are? :raise:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

InitialDave posted:

Uhhh IDGI. What do exhausts have to do with this one?

Basically my lovely joke that the same person that would call you a snowflake would also be fine with prison slave labor. And that guy in the other thread that got upset about exhausts. Yada yada yada.

Sorry.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 12, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Luxrage posted:

I was looking up small convertibles and found out that in the late 70s Coach-builders were taking Cadillac Sevilles and turning them into convertibles. They turned these:

into two door roadsters; the Seville Milan:

These cars look like optical illusions to me, is the front wheel well larger than the rear or is the car riding too low in the back, are the front wheels sticking out farther than the rears are? :raise:

That's not even the half of it.

Disclaimer: i like some of these.

Grandeur:

Tomaso:

Silcco:

That convertible looks REALLY good.

These cars were advertised in cocaine magazines next to snorting supplies.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 12, 2017

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Powershift posted:

That's not even the half of it.

Disclaimer: i like some of these.

Grandeur:

Tomaso:

Silcco:

That convertible looks REALLY good.

These cars were advertised in cocaine magazines next to snorting supplies.

For the discerning pimp.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
There are bmw convertables from the 70's like this too. There was a coach builder that would make convertable bmw's and it was a kind of secret option so theres not that many.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DogonCrook posted:

There are bmw convertables from the 70's like this too. There was a coach builder that would make convertable bmw's and it was a kind of secret option so theres not that many.

It's still happening, too.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Hey boss, where are we taking the pictures for the new website?

Oh I dunno, how about in front of the dead trees out front?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Truly a car fit for a horse.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Yeah now that i think about it gmc and ford have special editions that are customized by coach builders but are kind of a regular model you buy through the dealership. Like do yall have like the lariat editions and king ranch's or is that a texas thing?

Those gmc trucks in the 90's that had the sort of body kit blended into the running boards deal going on and the interior out of a boat were all coachbuilt.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DogonCrook posted:

Yeah now that i think about it gmc and ford have special editions that are customized by coach builders but are kind of a regular model you buy through the dealership. Like do yall have like the lariat editions and king ranch's or is that a texas thing?

Those gmc trucks in the 90's that had the sort of body kit blended into the running boards deal going on and the interior out of a boat were all coachbuilt.

The king ranch is just a regular model built at the factory. the first and second gen used king ranch leather. Now it's just a styling thing. https://king-ranch.com/

The Laramie is just a ram trim level, They tried a similar thing to ford with the Resistol edition, with styling from the cowboy hat company.

what you're thinking with the older gm trucks is starcraft, ford had a similar thing with centurion(who also made coachbuilt crewcabs/suvs out of ford 1 tons)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That Tesla convertible looks like something a 5 year old would make.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You Am I posted:

The Tesla looks like something a 5 year old would make.

Fixed that for ya.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Powershift posted:

The king ranch is just a regular model built at the factory. the first and second gen used king ranch leather. Now it's just a styling thing. https://king-ranch.com/

The Laramie is just a ram trim level, They tried a similar thing to ford with the Resistol edition, with styling from the cowboy hat company.

what you're thinking with the older gm trucks is starcraft, ford had a similar thing with centurion(who also made coachbuilt crewcabs/suvs out of ford 1 tons)

Yeah starcraft is what i was thinking of.

The king ranch edition cracks me up, shooting an animal in that petting zoo for billionaires is pretty much instant revocation of your man card. You would most definetly want to hide the fact you have ever set foot there if you live in texas.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I had no idea king ranch was an actual ranch/corporation and not just a trim level.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

It's been done:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

rdb posted:

I had no idea king ranch was an actual ranch/corporation and not just a trim level.

Its really pathetic hunting for millionaires who want to play outdoors and put a trophy on the wall. You pay for a deer of a certain size, go to a field that has a herd of deer and a guy points out the ones you are allowed to shoot. You could club the drat things if you wanted to. They also have exotics. Its expensive too, like 10k a deer sometimes way way more. Its terrible poo poo, and people are rightfully scorned for going there. Its easy to see why ford thought it was a good idea, its exactly the type of person that would buy a king ranch edition and putter around the suburbs in it but they "need" that 4wd for when they go "hunting" lol.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Car pulled a P1141 today.

How does a person decide to not attach a oxygen sensor connector to anything at all?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DogonCrook posted:

You didn't even mention the GM "Texas Edition" and Ram "Lone Star" trucks, which I'm starting to see a lot of in Colorado. Yet nobody offers a Rocky Mountain High edition with pot leaves embroidered into the seats and extra ashtrays and alcantara trays.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

puberty worked me over posted:

Car pulled a P1141 today.

How does a person decide to not attach a oxygen sensor connector to anything at all?

Previous owners. Not even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

StormDrain posted:

You didn't even mention the GM "Texas Edition" and Ram "Lone Star" trucks, which I'm starting to see a lot of in Colorado. Yet nobody offers a Rocky Mountain High edition with pot leaves embroidered into the seats and extra ashtrays and alcantara trays.

One of these days I need to go to the chevy dealership and have them order me half a dozen texas edition trim badges. All my vehicles forever more will be texas editions. Mazda 6 Sportwagon Texas Edition. :cool: