Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I know it's only a PPTQ but lol at this Modern Top 8 featuring Infect, Cheerios, and MonoG Stompy.

Also someone refresh my memory on the KotR/Retreat to Coralhelm combo- get both in play, repeatedly sac lands to Knight and untap it with Retreat until you have a really big Knight? Are you trying to empty the typed lands and fetches out of your deck in one go, or is that you can pump your Knights for basically free whenever you want to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
It gives you a knight that should be able to swing for lethal

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

C-Euro posted:

Also someone refresh my memory on the KotR/Retreat to Coralhelm combo- get both in play, repeatedly sac lands to Knight and untap it with Retreat until you have a really big Knight? Are you trying to empty the typed lands and fetches out of your deck in one go, or is that you can pump your Knights for basically free whenever you want to?

Personally, I'd run a fun-of Goblin Charbelcher for maximum rub-ins, but yeah I think Knight beatdowns is Plan A.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

It also runs utility lands like the white ETB protection from a color land to help the Knight get through or pump it more.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
So now that they fussed with how Blood Moon effects work, is there anything cool we can do with it?

As soon as my FBB Taigas show up, this baby will be complete. So let's not do all the cool Blood Moon things, ok?

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 13, 2017

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

C-Euro posted:

I know it's only a PPTQ but lol at this Modern Top 8 featuring Infect, Cheerios, and MonoG Stompy.

Dump 15 lands in the graveyard with a bird out, make 15 Mana and kessig the Knight right over everything. Or tap big blockers instead of untapping the bird a few times.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

C-Euro posted:

You also net mana from going off because Knight brings in the new lands untapped, and you can search for fetchlands to double-up on your untap triggers and uptap other mana dorks or tap down blockers.

You finish the combo by getting a Kessig Wolf Run, which combined with your floating mana and the pile of lands in your yard to give you a huge trampling Knight that kills them that turn.

EDIT: beaten!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thanks, I'm working towards one of these GW Company decks with KotR and Ramunap Excavator and I've seen a couple of them include Retreat. Tempted to include a Retreat or two since I have a Breeding Pool and some Mistys that aren't being used elsewhere

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

eSporks posted:

It also runs utility lands like the white ETB protection from a color land to help the Knight get through or pump it more.

It very rarely runs that, it's such a bad card to draw.

C-Euro posted:

You run out all your lands at once, tap your opponent's board down and swing with a 20/20 Knight, probably generating extra mana off of a mana dork to funnel into a Kessig Wolf Run for lethal.

I like that the deck runs Ramunap Excavator and Azusa but holy poo poo do I not want to pay 50 dollars apiece for two copies of that mediocre card :rip:

But I'm pretty sure Ghost Quartering someone 4 times in a turn is good game on it's own

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

TheKingofSprings posted:

You run out all your lands at once, tap your opponent's board down and swing with a 20/20 Knight, probably generating extra mana off of a mana dork to funnel into a Kessig Wolf Run for lethal.

I like that the deck runs Ramunap Excavator and Azusa but holy poo poo do I not want to pay 50 dollars apiece for two copies of that mediocre card :rip:

But I'm pretty sure Ghost Quartering someone 4 times in a turn is good game on it's own

Yeah I won't buy Azusa because she is worth nowhere near 50 bucks, and I can wasteland/ghost quarter someone 3 times a turn in legacy with lands, so that scratches that itch

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 13, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah the price of Azusa is real depressing, but I might be able to get one for cheap here so I'm gonna try it with one to start. It's not great here if you can't get an Excavator into play so I'd rather go up on those.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Early builds did, I haven't been keeping up with it at all.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

eSporks posted:

Early builds did, I haven't been keeping up with it at all.

Yeah it was common early on but the fusion of vizeir knightfall is a better deck.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

EvilBeard posted:

So now that they fussed with how Blood Moon effects work, is there anything cool we can do with it?

As soon as my FBB Taigas show up, this baby will be complete. So let's not do all the cool Blood Moon things, ok?

Kind of the opposite: under the new rule, if you Dark Depths with a Blood Moon in play it enters with no counters, so blow up the Moon nets you an instant Marit Lage. If anything, this makes your Moon matchup better.

What's interesting is that this ruling also applies to other static effects, so cards like Humility actually turn off as-enters effects on creatures, like Painter's Servant and Clones.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Yeah it was common early on but the fusion of vizeir knightfall is a better deck.

Is it actually, though? The deck lacks the synergies Junk Vizier or Elves Vizier does and loses out on a lot of the tempo beatdown plan in exchange. What does it gain?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is it actually, though? The deck lacks the synergies Junk Vizier or Elves Vizier does and loses out on a lot of the tempo beatdown plan in exchange. What does it gain?

It is. You have the T3 knightfall combo on occassion and the threat of having a Knight out and dropping a retreat. You also have the ability to go inifnite, grab a kessig and run over them with any creature. And then you have the inifnite ballista combonandbways to get it with chord and duskwatch.

It folds to enough removal but so does knightfall. I think the new hard counter for 1 creature and the SB utility creature slots put it in a good place.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Kind of the opposite: under the new rule, if you Dark Depths with a Blood Moon in play it enters with no counters, so blow up the Moon nets you an instant Marit Lage. If anything, this makes your Moon matchup better.

What's interesting is that this ruling also applies to other static effects, so cards like Humility actually turn off as-enters effects on creatures, like Painter's Servant and Clones.

Yeah, but the issue is that it wrecks all the utility lands that you use to stay alive. If they do literally nothing you can kill them with Molten Vortex and Loam, but you still need options other than drawing Grip. Otherwise, you're just drawing blanks.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Made it back to Modern night after missing the last one or two, piloted Deck: Titan Breach to a 2-2 finish...

R1 vs Gifts Storm (win die roll)
G1 my opening hand is ramp + Breach, but I fail to draw a kill card and get Storm'd out T4. [OUT- Sweltering Suns, Explore, 2x Baloth; IN- 2 Relic of Progenitus, 2 Sudden Shock]. G2 I mull to 5 but I get a Relic out and he can't find the combo, but does find a Blood Moon, so we both stall out for a while. I bolt his cost-reducers to slow him down while he Grapeshots the one Titan I manage to land. Eventually I get up to 15 mana (thanks Blood Moon!) but he finds the necessary cards for a huge Empty the Warrens and I don't find an Emrakul in time. 0-1 (0-2)

R2 vs 8-Rack (lose die roll)
G1 he has early discard and Smallpoxs my T1 Valakut so I'm really unhappy, but I manage to Breach out a Titan and burn him out with the other three Valakuts with a The Rack and Shrieking Affliction about to kill me next turn. [OUT- 2 Bolt, 1 Suns, 2 Summoning Trap; IN- 2 Reclamation Sage, 2 Pithing Needle, 1 Woodfall Primus]. G2 we both start a little slow until he gets a Lili and Phyrexian Vatmother(!) into play. I Breach out the Primus to nuke the Lili, hit him for six, and then blow up an Inkmoth Nexus on the Persist trigger with a 5/5 blocker left over. He then plays another Lili to kill the Primus and me two turns later. G3 I get to pitch an Obstinate Baloth to a T2 Wrench Mind and beat him down with it and Sakura-Tribe Elder support. 1-1 (2-3)

R3 vs UW Control (lose die roll)
G1 I Breach out a Titan T3 and he has no response to it. [OUT- 2 Explore, 1 Farseek; IN- 2 Sudden Shock, 1 Summoning Trap]. G2 goes on for about 40 minutes when I have a possible T3 Breach+Emrakul but hold onto it waiting for him to tap out and going with STE beats. Meanwhile he first names Valakut with Runed Halo and then Spreading Seas' a couple of Valakut so I can't ding any of his threats. He Cliques the Emrakul out of my hand and we spend several turns of me playing threats and him drawing just enough answers, but not enough cards to pull ahead. I finally pull ahead when I'm able to stick an Obstinate Baloth and Valakut away an animated Colonnade. Also at one point he countered a hardcast Titan and I cycled Sweltering Suns into a Summoning Trap, which felt sweet. 2-1 (4-3)

R4 vs Bant Spirits (lose die roll)
Paging Mezzanon! Game 1 I get knocked around by some Spirits before I'm able to Summoning Trap out an Emrakul. I tap out for it and he mega-punts by not saccing a Mausoleum Wanderer to counter, then dies. [OUT- 2 Baloth; IN- 2 Anger of the Gods]. G2 I get Breach + Titan in hand and try to bait out the countermagic, but in doing so I slow myself down enough for him to win a turn before I can go off. [OUT- 2 Summoner's Pact; IN- 2 Baloth]. G3 I have Breach + Emrakul in my opener and try to draw out a Mausoleum Wanderer with Sweltering Suns...which get Spell Queller'd instead. I get out a Titan which is immediately Path'd, giving me the Valakut triggers to kill the Queller and wipe his board, but he flashes in Selfless Spirit to save it. I think I have enough Valakut triggers to at least stabilize next turn but he drops a Moorland Haunt and creates a Spirit token, pumping him Wanderer to swing for exactly lethal. I thought I was favored in this matchup as a "go over the top" deck but he bounced back really well from that terrible punt so hats off to him. 2-2 (5-5)

Other decks present: Affinity, GW Ramunap, Grixis Death's Shadow, BW(?) Death & Taxes, Eldrazi Taxes, U Tron. The GW Ramunap guy won and I chatted him up about the deck since I'm trying to build it. He likes it and his list is pretty close to the one I was building, but I need to practice it!

Maybe this is just hindsight speaking but I think I need to get better at sideboarding. Looking at it now I would change how I boarded in each match. Thoughts on any of these?
R1- Relic was clutch but I'm not sure if Sudden Shock was correct, I think my reasoning at the time was to zap an Electromancer mid-combo and screw up his math. Maybe Anger of the Gods (for Warrens) next time, or Rec Sage as a countermeasure for Blood Moon (and Leyline which he also got out).

R2- The Primus was cute but a third Baloth is probably better in this matchup, especially since I already had artifact/enchantment removal in the Sages and could burn out Lili if needed. Plus the Pithing Needles I brought in could have handled Lili and Inkmoth.

R3- Pretty happy with the Shock and Trap. Maybe I need to get a little more creative with what I board out, since it's usually just the Explores unless there's an obvious bad card for a matchup.

R4- Don't know why I boarded out the Baloths against a tempo beatdown deck. Maybe I figured because a lot of Spirits have flying? I wised up and put them back for G3 in while taking out the Pacts, which seems like a bad card in a tempo matchup.

Also, I've had two Crumble to Dust in my SB and am not sure that I've ever used them. Any recommendations on how to replace them, or a reason why I shouldn't replace them?

E: Also also, I have never played against Storm before tonight. What approach should I take to Gifts piles? I generally let them have regular rituals while binning any Manamorphose, cost-reducers, or Past in Flames that I saw.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 16, 2017

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
There are no good gifts piles. Giving them two rituals means they just cast them both and then flashback past in flames, repeating everything they've done. Giving them past in flames and manamophose is an option if they don't have a ton of mana floating, but they always will. They'll flashback all the rituals, repeat the process, and kill you.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It will always be funny how they "fixed" yawgmoth's will by giving it flashback.

You basically always give them Past in Flames, because if you give them a ritual instead, they'll just flashback past in flames and end up in exactly the same spot but with more mana and storm count. (I guess you could make an exception if you think you can fight over the past in flames, but in that case why aren't you fighting over the gifts?). The real decision is whether you give them Manamorphose or not, which basically comes down to figuring out whether they're more likely to fizzle by running out of mana, or by being short on cards. (If they have a cost reducer in play it's probably "neither" and you shouldn't stress over the decision too much, but if they don't you can look at what they already have in their graveyard and try to figure it out).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jabor posted:

It will always be funny how they "fixed" yawgmoth's will by giving it flashback.

You basically always give them Past in Flames, because if you give them a ritual instead, they'll just flashback past in flames and end up in exactly the same spot but with more mana and storm count. (I guess you could make an exception if you think you can fight over the past in flames, but in that case why aren't you fighting over the gifts?). The real decision is whether you give them Manamorphose or not, which basically comes down to figuring out whether they're more likely to fizzle by running out of mana, or by being short on cards. (If they have a cost reducer in play it's probably "neither" and you shouldn't stress over the decision too much, but if they don't you can look at what they already have in their graveyard and try to figure it out).

I was able to Relic away his yard in response to a PiF Game 2, after he had casted both of his Grapeshots to deal with a Titan. He Gifts'd a couple of times after that when I knew that he didn't yet have the kill, so I definitely didn't want him to have the card draw from Manamorphose there.

Is Grafdigger's Cage good in this matchup, or is too redundant with Relic? I just remembered that I have a couple of copies, and it's also good against CoCo decks like the Spirits deck I lost to. Could be what I replace Crumble to Dust with.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Re: storm gift piles: usually I just give them cards to their hands that require the most Mana to do anything, it is one way you can make them fizzle out.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Molybdenum posted:

Re: storm gift piles: usually I just give them cards to their hands that require the most Mana to do anything, it is one way you can make them fizzle out.

yea your options are put both rituals in the yard to deny them mana, or put ritual + manamorphose in the yard to deny a card draw and hope they whiff. neither option is very good

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
If they play gifts with a cost reducer and three open mana, you're deterministically dead regardless of what you pick.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

Is Grafdigger's Cage good in this matchup, or is too redundant with Relic? I just remembered that I have a couple of copies, and it's also good against CoCo decks like the Spirits deck I lost to. Could be what I replace Crumble to Dust with.

Cage is good even with relic, without a yard they have to draw hate or win with goblins. Best part having both is getting to pop a relic to draw while leaving a cage behind.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

uninverted posted:

If they play gifts with a cost reducer and three open mana, you're deterministically dead regardless of what you pick.
Yea. If you're playing gifts, you have instant win piles figured out. I used to love gifts tron where they stare at expedition map, mindslaver, academy ruins, crucible of worlds thinking there's a way out, or explaining the unburial rites, fatty, two-card pile.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Just got to live the mill dream against Skred Red. Turn 2 Orb, turn 3 Fraying Sanity, turn 4 double Glimpse.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

GoutPatrol posted:

Just got to live the mill dream against Skred Red. Turn 2 Orb, turn 3 Fraying Sanity, turn 4 double Glimpse.

Needs Turn 1 Hedron Crab :colbert:

What's your list? I spent the first 2 1/2 games at FNM wishing I was playing Mill instead. I also found out that one of my wife's former colleagues plays Magic and is trying to get into Modern by building that deck.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 18, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Today I borrowed Burn, went to a Modern PPTQ for the first time since RTR(well, they were just PTQs back then), went 5-1-1 and got ninth on breakers :(

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

R4 vs Bant Spirits (lose die roll)
Paging Mezzanon! Game 1 I get knocked around by some Spirits before I'm able to Summoning Trap out an Emrakul. I tap out for it and he mega-punts by not saccing a Mausoleum Wanderer to counter, then dies. [OUT- 2 Baloth; IN- 2 Anger of the Gods]. G2 I get Breach + Titan in hand and try to bait out the countermagic, but in doing so I slow myself down enough for him to win a turn before I can go off. [OUT- 2 Summoner's Pact; IN- 2 Baloth]. G3 I have Breach + Emrakul in my opener and try to draw out a Mausoleum Wanderer with Sweltering Suns...which get Spell Queller'd instead. I get out a Titan which is immediately Path'd, giving me the Valakut triggers to kill the Queller and wipe his board, but he flashes in Selfless Spirit to save it. I think I have enough Valakut triggers to at least stabilize next turn but he drops a Moorland Haunt and creates a Spirit token, pumping him Wanderer to swing for exactly lethal. I thought I was favored in this matchup as a "go over the top" deck but he bounced back really well from that terrible punt so hats off to him. 2-2 (5-5)

R4- Don't know why I boarded out the Baloths against a tempo beatdown deck. Maybe I figured because a lot of Spirits have flying? I wised up and put them back for G3 in while taking out the Pacts, which seems like a bad card in a tempo matchup.

E: Also also, I have never played against Storm before tonight. What approach should I take to Gifts piles? I generally let them have regular rituals while binning any Manamorphose, cost-reducers, or Past in Flames that I saw.

AAAAYYYYYY! Moorland haunt is so taxing on the mana base, I wonder if he was running it instead of cavern or gavony. It's so tough running a third colorless land in your 3-color 21-22 land deck that wants to hit 4 mana on T3.

It sounds like after that insane punt G1 your opponent did exactly what spirits is designed to do. Present a clock while slowing down your plan and making you play around answers that may or may not be there.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

C-Euro posted:

Needs Turn 1 Hedron Crab :colbert:

What's your list? I spent the first 2 1/2 games at FNM wishing I was playing Mill instead. I also found out that one of my wife's former colleagues plays Magic and is trying to get into Modern by building that deck.

Deck: Dimir Mill

//Lands
2 Watery Grave
1 Flooded Strand
3 Swamp
1 Verdant Catacombs
2 Darkslick Shores
1 Sunken Hollow
1 Shelldock Isle
1 Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
3 Island
4 Polluted Delta
4 Ghost Quarter

//Mill
4 Glimpse the Unthinkable
4 Hedron Crab
2 Manic Scribe
3 Mesmeric Orb
3 Mind Funeral
4 Archive Trap
3 Fraying Sanity

//Other
2 Snapcaster Mage
3 Fatal Push
3 Surgical Extraction
4 Visions of Beyond
2 Crypt Incursion

//Sideboard
2 Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver
2 Dispel
2 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Crypt Incursion
1 Lost Legacy
2 Set Adrift
1 Surgical Extraction
2 Yahenni's Expertise
2 Thoughtseize

Display deck statistics

I would probably cut the Dispels for some more removal (Dismember/Hero's Downfall) because Mill folds to most PWs pretty hard. Maybe even the Ashioks as well (I was originally playing those instead of Sanity but Sanity is too good.) Maybe with that much Sanity cut a land, go up another Orb? Two Orbs and a Sanity can very quickly game over.

I beat GW Humans and Skred, lost to Affinity (unless I'm playing Recall, an almost impossible matchup) Abzan, UR Breach (I almost won the 2nd game with two Sanitys out, was able to mill 40 cards after the first trigger to remove them but just not enough) and Eldazi Tron (Game 2 had a Chalice on 3 that turned off almost of my stuff, Game 3 had a Turn 1 Chalice on 1 so I couldn't Extract the pieces.) Modern is not moving in a Mill happy direction with a Gideon emblem being impossible to beat Game 1.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mezzanon posted:

AAAAYYYYYY! Moorland haunt is so taxing on the mana base, I wonder if he was running it instead of cavern or gavony. It's so tough running a third colorless land in your 3-color 21-22 land deck that wants to hit 4 mana on T3.

I saw Cavern but don't recall seeing Township, though I thought he mentioned it in passing at one point, and did have Horizon Canopy which I don't think is standard. I have a lot more respect for the deck after seeing it in action though (I think he took 2nd place that night?), if this GW Ramunap deck doesn't work out then I might take the pieces and make :ghost:s instead.

Orb is extremely good, I actually cut out Mind Funeral entirely to run 4 Orb and 4 Sanity but I need to playtest it a little more. Gideon is a huge bummer but I've seen one deck around here running it and they didn't get an emblem out. I have Echoing Truths in my SB for PWs as well as stuff like Leyline.

How do you like Scribe? I picked up a playset but never tried them out, for me those two slots are a Murderous Cut (might become Downfall if I see more Gideons) and a Damnation, in addition to 3 Pushes.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 18, 2017

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Scribe had been nothing more than bolt fodder every time it showed up. Cutting them for more removal could be an idea.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

GoutPatrol posted:

Scribe had been nothing more than bolt fodder every time it showed up. Cutting them for more removal could be an idea.

Saffronolive did a Fraying Sanity brew a few weeks ago with zero creatures (not even Crab), and when I asked him about it he said it was to turn all of the opposing removal into dead draws game 1. I could see that as a reason to cut Scribe but Crab is way too good not to include. Also I thought Bolt was on the downswing as of late?

If you need SB ideas I think mine is
1 Damnation (1 main)
1 Surgical (3 main)
2 Fulminator Mage
2 IoK
3 Ravenous Trap
3 Echoing Truth
3 Negate

Weakest card (at least for my meta) is probably Fulminator but I don't want to trade them off. But our resident Affinity player who I thought had moved actually didn't so I might need to turn those back into Hurkyl's Recalls :argh:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Saffronolive did a Fraying Sanity brew a few weeks ago with zero creatures (not even Crab), and when I asked him about it he said it was to turn all of the opposing removal into dead draws game 1. I could see that as a reason to cut Scribe but Crab is way too good not to include. Also I thought Bolt was on the downswing as of late?

If you need SB ideas I think mine is
1 Damnation (1 main)
1 Surgical (3 main)
2 Fulminator Mage
2 IoK
3 Ravenous Trap
3 Echoing Truth
3 Negate

Weakest card (at least for my meta) is probably Fulminator but I don't want to trade them off. But our resident Affinity player who I thought had moved actually didn't so I might need to turn those back into Hurkyl's Recalls :argh:

fulis always become available during my poor times. why these things.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

AkumaHokoru posted:

fulis always become available during my poor times. why these things.

People always want them when other people post them but never when I do. :shrug:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I mean it's a good card, there just aren't a ton of decks around here where it's really effective. There's one U Tron player who shows up sometimes and then I'm the only Valakut player that I'm aware of. I'm actually taking the land destruction out of my Valakut SB since I never used it.

E: Oh hey, a couple of actual Valakut Breach decks placed top-16 at SCG Louisville. Glad I'm not the only one playing it, though I'm bummed out that they don't run Emrakul...

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 19, 2017

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

People always want them when other people post them but never when I do. :shrug:

I had stared and drooled over one of your postings but again. rent was paid.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Last week I pulled the quellers out of the Vizier Knightfall deck and tried Nissa. Dumpster fire. Went 0-5.

Removed the Nissa and went up to 3 quellers. Went 4-1 for second place. I'm liking this list right now. The SB needs help as I haven't gotten all the random utility creatures but it seems good enough right now.

I'm working on a Mardu Tokens deck right now as well. Any advice would be helpful.

4 Young Peezy
4 Mentor
4 Swiftspear
4 faithless looting
4 lingering souls
4 lightning bolt
4 path to exile
4 fatal push
3 terminate
2 purphoros
1 dreadbore

4 bloodstained mire
3 mash flats
2 arid mess
2 blackcleave cliffs
2 inspiring vantage
2 concealed courtyard
1 blood crypt
1 sacred foundry
1 godless shrine
2 swamp
2 plains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Consider anguished unmaking as part of your removal suite. In some metas, it is much better than terminate.