Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Slackerish posted:

My PS4 is having an issue that when I google yields a lot of different answers, so I'll be specific:

Twice in the last week playing Destiny 2 (digital copy) the screen will go black and the PS4 will make a horrible buzzing sound almost like it's eating up a disc for like three seconds, then the screen will black out. It sounds like the PS4 shuts off but the light stays on, and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to start up again.

Here are my guesses

1. I haven't dusted it in too long, so maybe it's a heat issue.
2. It's connected to a kinda faulty power chord.
3. It's also really old

Also worth noting that inbetween these crashes I've probably had ~5 hours of playing that weren't a problem at all

So if this has ever happened to you or you're aware of a solution to the problem in any capacity I'd appreciate any insight. I'd also like to know if it's 1 or 2 if it's too late to fix the issue with dusting or finding a better power source. Thx.

Pop the lid off and really get into it with a can of air, get a cord that probably isn't shorting. If the issue continues, it might be the power supply which is like $50 and slots right in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
@Wario64 on Twitter is a pro follow. There are some good deals on PSN right now.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Also ThatGameCompany (Flower, Flow, Journey, Abzu) is releasing a game exclusively on iOS.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Morby posted:

Also ThatGameCompany (Flower, Flow, Journey, Abzu) is releasing a game exclusively on iOS.

:rip:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Morby posted:

TGC didn't make Abzu, but yeah...ouch.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Apparently it's not Apple exclusive but will release there first. So...yeah.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/9/12/16296568/sky-reveal-teaser-thatgamecompany-iphone-ipad-apple-tv

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I was thinking about picking up NHL 18 since it has the expansion modes, but Amazon only has digital codes for it. I have some gift cards and ideally would want to get it through them, but it seems odd they don't have physical copies for preorder. Has that become more of a thing lately or just an anomaly?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm gonna buy destiny 2 like a big idiot

I did because my roommate and his friends said they wanted more people to play with but it turns out they just solo all the time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lakbay posted:

I did because my roommate and his friends said they wanted more people to play with but it turns out they just solo all the time

My friends who I played a lot of 1 with are huge Destiny nerds and already at Lvl20 :gonk:

I ordered it anyway. €50 and I can always sell the disc if it sucks.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Destiny is a cool game Quantum, i can see even you having a good time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

Destiny is a cool game Quantum, i can see even you having a good time

Is there a boat level

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Is there a boat level

I don't want to spoil it for you

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
It's been so long since that argument happened, I don't even remember which game it was that we weren't supposed to say had a boat.

Was it The Witness? Or maybe it was Human Fall Flat. One of those has a boat.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was the second half twist of Knack 2

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It was RE7.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

veni veni veni posted:

It was *snip*.
God dammit, tag your spoilers.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ryoga posted:

God dammit, tag your spoilers.

I'm on the same boat as you, tag that!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Titanfall 2 is 11.99 right now. Seems almost unfairly cheap for this gens best shooter, but anyone who hasn't picked it up already would be nuts not to for that price.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's worth that price for the campaign alone, I payed $20 for the campaign + coop and would have payed double if I knew how fun it was

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, a lot of praise for Life is Strange's character relations has some really uncomfortable "jailbait lesbians are awesome" undertones, goddamn.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

My friends who I played a lot of 1 with are huge Destiny nerds and already at Lvl20 :gonk:

I ordered it anyway. €50 and I can always sell the disc if it sucks.

You can get to level 20 by already playing the story. It's the grind to 260 that I just don't find fun even with podcasts going. This game feels like work. I was out of gaming for Destiny 1, so I got to find out if Destiny was for me with the sequel. It probably isn't! Should've spent that gift card on Yakuza 0.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, there's a lot of grinding in D2 but the initial campaign isn't at all bad. The main storyline is fairly short and you don't hit 20 before it's over you get boosted to that anyway.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Schremp Howard posted:

I was thinking about picking up NHL 18 since it has the expansion modes, but Amazon only has digital codes for it. I have some gift cards and ideally would want to get it through them, but it seems odd they don't have physical copies for preorder. Has that become more of a thing lately or just an anomaly?

Physical should be out Friday?

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

RE5 had a loving terrible series of boat levels. Worst part of the entire game tbh (though it does eventually pay off to a great boss fight with Wesker

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, a lot of praise for Life is Strange's character relations has some really uncomfortable "jailbait lesbians are awesome" undertones, goddamn.

The internet will be the internet. But the game is pretty drat good. I haven't tried the new one yet though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Titanfall 2 is 11.99 right now. Seems almost unfairly cheap for this gens best shooter, but anyone who hasn't picked it up already would be nuts not to for that price.

everyone who is thinking about getting Destiny 2 should get titanfall 2 instead. TF2 is really, really great.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Anyone looking for a PUBG type game on PS4 should check out Fortnite. They began testing their Battle Royale mode yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K4T0nGU4pg

Worth the $29.99 imo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

anyone thinking of getting titanfall 2 i think you should get breath of the wild and bloodborne instead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tf2 is real good

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress do fortnite and pubg have in common?

If pubg is also pay to win garbage, I'll be much less interested when it eventually comes to ps4.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its super funny to read "what do two battle royale games have in common" after you just suggested people interested in a loot grinding mostly pve shooter buy a mostly pvp focused shooter instead. and yes i know titanfall 2 has a story mode but that's also not in the same vein.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

bug chaser chaser posted:

Anyone looking for a PUBG type game on PS4 should check out Fortnite. They began testing their Battle Royale mode yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K4T0nGU4pg

Worth the $29.99 imo.

Up until this post, all I have seen written about Fortnight is that it runs poorly and the micro transactions are awful. Say more about why it's good?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

its super funny to read "what do two battle royale games have in common" after you just suggested people interested in a loot grinding mostly pve shooter buy a mostly pvp focused shooter instead. and yes i know titanfall 2 has a story mode but that's also not in the same vein.

Titan Fall 2's grindy coop pve mode is almost all I play...

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Schremp Howard posted:

Yeah I noticed this too, which sucks because I usually get new games on amazon because if you have prime they're $48 for the physical copy.

They didn't have physical Maddden either until like the day before release I think, so EA and Amazon seem to not be playing nice with each other.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I think I can help some of the more confused posters in this thread.

Titanfall 2 is great.

Destiny 2 is great.

Diablo 3 is great.

Dragon Age Inquisition is dogshit.

Hope this helps.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

doingitwrong posted:

Up until this post, all I have seen written about Fortnight is that it runs poorly and the micro transactions are awful. Say more about why it's good?

Sounds mostly like PUBG, to me.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

they havent added micro transactions for pvp yet.

Runs fine on my PS4 Pro, there might be some lag at the start of games but it's tolerable. Biggest complaint is the travel time on bullets.

I don't have a PC for PUBG so being able to play a battle royale was the main selling point.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Gigante posted:

Crystal Sage reappears in the Grand Archives later on
I don't think that technically counts because there were two crystal sages lore-wise and both of them are basically bosses because they both stay dead when you kill them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Renoistic posted:

The internet will be the internet. But the game is pretty drat good. I haven't tried the new one yet though.

Despite all the ways the prequel could have been terrible it's appropriately Life is Strangey so far, against all odds. That being said you can probably afford to wait until Episode 2 & 3 because the story doesn't really pick up until the final moments of the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

rabidsquid posted:

anyone thinking of getting titanfall 2 i think you should get breath of the wild and bloodborne instead

Hm... Titanfall 2 for $15 or buying a whole new console plus a full price Zelda game. Tough call.