Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

The Management posted:

do it. that A11 CPU is a loving monster

its more because of the fun animoji ad tbh but *does military salute* thank you for your service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Management posted:

lmao I had to take a laser safety training class before being allowed to have an early iPhone X prototype.

"oops our projector was actually class 3b sorry about your eyesight"?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol i just realized that if you have to be careful when you put your phone on the charging ping pong paddle because if you aren't the camera wart will keep it from charging

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Stymie posted:

lol i just realized that if you have to be careful when you put your phone on the charging ping pong paddle because if you aren't the camera wart will keep it from charging

they're bad phones, stymie.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

he means the cutout on x i guess

"our vision is to create an iphone that is only screen"

still looks really cool tho

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

that's cool and all but it's just not worth sacrificing Touch ID and a headphone jack for

guess you hosed up timb

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it still boggles my mind that they'll have no fewer than FIVE completely different phone lines available at one time, with a total of EIGHT different models, not to mention all of the different colors for each

is even sarnsung this bad when it comes to it's own product fragmentation?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I guess gold and rose gold didn't sell enough? The new gold seems to be a combination of them. same thing with black and jet black. I guess the sales numbers didn't justify keeping them around. I assume production constraints are why the X is silver and space grey only?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

no 600mhz lte support in the new iphones. pretty big ding against them if you plan on keeping your $800+ phone for a couple of years since the gsm carriers are already rolling it out

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Stymie posted:

it still boggles my mind that they'll have no fewer than FIVE completely different phone lines available at one time, with a total of EIGHT different models, not to mention all of the different colors for each

samsung is worse because theres a shitload of budget models but when it comes to flagships no samsung only sells three "good" models

(there are no good samsungs)

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

ughhh I held off on the S8 because glossy back and now both new models are also shiny :mad:

Is the 7 expected to drop more in price following availability of the 8/x???

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

im gonna wait til next year's model when it adds touchid back

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the glass back is really nice actually.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

idk I had the 4 and never remembered being bothered by it (maybe because phones weren't clown sized back then??) but the S8 demo units in stores were absolutely loving disgusting with all the grime and fingerprints

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
i'm glad theyve added super-wide viewing angle screens, because the one thing i don't like about the 7 is that when im sitting next to someone using one i can't qutie read what they're typing without leaning towards them in a kind of obvious way

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

sudo rm -rf posted:

im gonna wait til next year's model when it adds touchid back
iPhone XS

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

XL

XXL

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

r u ready to WALK posted:

The lumia has garbage pentile oled with fuzzy pixels

Has anyone verified yet that the iPhone x has non-garbage rgb oled with properly square pixels?

if history is any indication, yes, the Apple phone will be less garbage than a Nokia phone

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Stymie posted:

tim can't help it, he's a lean manufacturing guy

i saw this coming the year after Steve died, with his obsession with customer satisfaction

he just can't stop optimizing processes and has to move inventory and bah gawd he'll use every last chip available

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

the glass back is really nice actually.

its the only good part of the new iphones.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The_Franz posted:

no 600mhz lte support in the new iphones. pretty big ding against them if you plan on keeping your $800+ phone for a couple of years since the gsm carriers are already rolling it out

it's just tmobile so unless you use them it's irrelevant to you because you probably use 700mhz

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

and even then they still have 700mhz spectrum too so 600mhz is mostly for rural areas and/or those missing 700mhz coverage

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

i don't believe this, it's too distracting from the image

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
What's up with that new copper colo[u]r? Looks awesome but not available on the site.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

has the high sierra gm dropped?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

The Management posted:

wtf tim why do I have to wait a week for iOS XI?

Install the beta profile and get timb’s bespoke Golden Master then delete the profile

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
iPhone X looks hot but full of compromises. the apple store gave me a brand iPhone 6S last month, so I'm gonna ride this out for another year. even if the Face ID works reliably, it looks like a pain in the rear end compared to what might be under-the-display Touch ID next year.

Necronomoticon fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 13, 2017

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

honestly the presentation just made me want an se more, and to spend that extra money on a new subwoofer or something

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/marcoarment/status/907670072256233472

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

honestly the presentation just made me want an se more, and to spend that extra money on a new subwoofer or something

there's a HomePod coming out in December

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

this joke was too obvious but ok

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Millstone posted:

Install the beta profile and get timb’s bespoke Golden Master then delete the profile

I'm done installing betas. for the first time in many years I have a phone that works

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the gm was released to beta testers incl public beta testers

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ars posted this:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

there's a HomePod coming out in December
i already have an audiophile sytem and dont want a mic constantly listening to me jerk it

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

qirex posted:

cool if true

lmao if you think this is "cool". apple has had over a decade and a half to support any true free audio format, rejoicing at this news is some really sad stockholm syndrome poo poo

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I still have a 5S and there is very little that I ever do that makes me curse how slow it is. I am not even sure what the point is of having a phone with 10x more computrons or whatever it is by now

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

the main thing I learned today was that touchid has a dupe rate of 1:50,000 I'd thought it would be way higher than that

yeah that stuck out

The Management posted:

lmao I had to take a laser safety training class before being allowed to have an early iPhone X prototype.

hauscome

Stymie posted:

every photo of imat has it hanging off the edge, lol

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lmao if you think this is "cool". apple has had over a decade and a half to support any true free audio format, rejoicing at this news is some really sad stockholm syndrome poo poo

what's a true free audio format?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Management posted:

you don't gently caress around with ir lasers. even class 1 ir lasers

also, has anybody figured out how face id handles poo poo like facial hair?

if i don't shave for a couple days can i still unlock my phone?

• Locked thread