Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I expect all women I'm interested in to be boring.

Because they're barely people, and even that only legally speaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
These guys literally are the pool from which serial killers are drawn.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

quote:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Lmao

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Pick posted:

Nah, being a serial killer is just another form of cope. It involves going outside- no thanks. A bunch of normie bullshit.

Plus it's giving God/Satan another female when they have billions already, cuckoldry of the highest order.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

drat, you could roost a falcon on that nose

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
really gotta stop mining for material at work

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!

McGiggins posted:

That is an interesting video, but I can't help but feel like you didn't do any breakdown on how much of what they say they actually mean. People exaggerate and hyperbole all the time, especially in low effort posts about things that they view negatively. :irony:

I feel very few people would actually genuinely hold the "all women gamers are attention-sluts" hill, state that they take that position, and then be willing to die on that hill. It would be more of a reactionary statement wherein, if you actually ask pointed questions to them about what they actually believe, and why they believe it, the answers will change.

Someone did a study on it once in relation to religion or something similar to this, which showed that people will often say what they don't completely mean, because it is easier than explaining at length the position they actually hold, and why they hold it.

I got a little impatient with this one. But I do have a video planned that's all about how serious the subreddit is as a whole. Lots of incels being facetious to try to trigger inceltears and also probably normies posting hosed up poo poo just to see incels agree with it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

When you play the Game of Bones, you either cum or u die.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

china bot posted:

really gotta stop mining for material at work

Isn't this like straight up sexual assault in some capacity?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Furia posted:

Isn't this like straight up sexual assault in some capacity?

in an extremely straightforward "it's sexual assault" capacity, yes

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

in an extremely straightforward "it's sexual assault" capacity, yes

Is it now? I recall there were calls for it to be made such but it wasn't last year. http://nbc4i.com/2016/12/15/high-school-boys-trick-female-home-economics-teacher-into-eating-semen/

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I am a marine geoscientist and do extensive field work and there are some total babes that sail with us at times.

Maybe geosciences aren't "hard" sciences though and that's why we get all the Stacys.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

hyphz posted:

Is it now? I recall there were calls for it to be made such but it wasn't last year. http://nbc4i.com/2016/12/15/high-school-boys-trick-female-home-economics-teacher-into-eating-semen/

spitting in someone's food is battery, jizzing on or in someone against their wishes isn't a lesser offence and is inherently sexual. Those kids got charged lightly because they were kids, and because it's fuckin Nebraska, where the punishment for being a creepy sullen rapist incel probably involves a Joburg necklace

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 12, 2017

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Pick posted:

Actually, some serial killers are good at women

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

What color is the sky?

Everyone else: blue
Incels: :arghfist::spergin: YOU'RE hosed!!! :arghfist::spergin:

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

My Linux Rig posted:

What color is the sky?

Everyone else: blue
Incels: :arghfist::spergin: YOU'RE hosed!!! :arghfist::spergin:

Nice non-sequitur

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Benny Harvey posted:

Actually, some serial killers are good at women

Overall it's actually very few, and they tend to be the ones who get disproportionate media attention because they make for an amusing narrative (and one which is effective to exploit). In reality, most serial killers are overall impotent, dim-witted losers who have terrible coping skills.

Those also don't tend to make good stories from the true crime side either, because they tend to get caught as soon as anyone takes the crimes seriously.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pick posted:

Overall it's actually very few, and they tend to be the ones who get disproportionate media attention because they make for an amusing narrative (and one which is effective to exploit). In reality, most serial killers are overall impotent, dim-witted losers who have terrible coping skills.

Those also don't tend to make good stories from the true crime side either, because they tend to get caught as soon as anyone takes the crimes seriously.

Yeah, the sociopaths are much better at grifting people. And they tend to do it.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pick posted:

Most serial killers probably serial kill because they don't have much else going on in their life other than the thrill of serial killing, anger problems, and poor impulse control. It's not really glamorous.

A ton of serial killers have really messed up childhoods and it's not because abuse makes you kill but it's part of why they never actually learned to handle things other ways, imo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PetraCore posted:

Most serial killers probably serial kill because they don't have much else going on in their life other than the thrill of serial killing, anger problems, and poor impulse control. It's not really glamorous.

A ton of serial killers have really messed up childhoods and it's not because abuse makes you kill but it's part of why they never actually learned to handle things other ways, imo.

Based on what I've seen I'd say it's mostly for complete lack of any kind of instruction in life on how to deal with ... anything, properly. No way of dealing with frustration, stress, confusion, anything. Zero life coping skills whatsoever. I think poor impulse control is right on the money too. Your second point is absolutely correct and I wish more people understood that.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pick posted:

Based on what I've seen I'd say it's mostly for complete lack of any kind of instruction in life on how to deal with ... anything, properly. No way of dealing with frustration, stress, confusion, anything. Zero life coping skills whatsoever. I think poor impulse control is right on the money too. Your second point is absolutely correct and I wish more people understood that.
Yeah. It's just really sad all around.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

honestly, kafka always did strike me as along the lines of these clowns but in more of a "horrifically abused by his dad so bad that he hated himself and thought he was a nothing and everything was pointless and he was better off dead and deserved to be punished" type then "women are evil cunts because they dont suck my dick when i look at them" type.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lie down and roach

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

my parents boyfriend posted:

I got a little impatient with this one. But I do have a video planned that's all about how serious the subreddit is as a whole. Lots of incels being facetious to try to trigger inceltears and also probably normies posting hosed up poo poo just to see incels agree with it.

I look forward to it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The mythical status Chad has in Incel eyes is something else.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

quote:

cumcel

dear moderators of forums.somethingawful.com, I write to implore you ...

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Palpek posted:

The mythical status Chad has in Incel eyes is something else.

The constant stream of women trying to suck my dick is harrowing, honestly

I go out to get food somewhere and it just turns into an orgy right there in the sandwich shop

Blade Runner fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 13, 2017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pick posted:

Should have left them in the pool

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I love this because they are SO CLOSE to self-improvement here. They admit that women can have the same "problems" as men, but refuse to admit that these are for the most part fixable.

Not to mention the fact that they're incels but apparently rejecting members of the opposite sex often enough for it to be a problem on par with being quiet.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's the attitude of "something isn't immediately attainable? then it's impossible to attain." Also for a community focused on simply not being able to find a sex partner they're mysteriously also lacking in every other aspect of life but sex is somehow both the cause of all that and the only cure for it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think people reach a saturation point of failure where they have to externalize their self-loathing and blame their state on

a) the government
b) capitalism
or
c) women

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

A Fancy Hat posted:

I love this because they are SO CLOSE to self-improvement here. They admit that women can have the same "problems" as men, but refuse to admit that these are for the most part fixable.

Not to mention the fact that they're incels but apparently rejecting members of the opposite sex often enough for it to be a problem on par with being quiet.

It's not, though. It's arguing that none of them are problems for women because others will adjust for them, but not for men.

It goes right back to the Gilmartin book: "envy of.. the perceived ability for women to take control of their destiny purely by exercising negative control compared to others' aggressive risk-taking."

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

General Dog posted:

I think people reach a saturation point of failure where they have to externalize their self-loathing and blame their state on

a) the government
b) capitalism
or
c) women

"Oh poo poo! A lady cop! RUNNN!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
A lady cop and a gaggle of girl scouts

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Not just women either

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
Incels forget that women don't compare every activity they do to talking to an incel. "Women would rather brush their teeth than talk to an incel." "Women would rather purchase a cell phone than talk to an incel." "Women would rather have a tonsillectomy than talk to an incel."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I'm late to this but I just wanted to say that everything in this thread is justified because of this post.

• Locked thread