Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

He'd cost a 1st rounder next year, so basically no. Though i already have Jordy (8th) and Diggs (7th) that i could keep for next season.

If you have a championship contender, I'd probably pull that trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ben Nevis posted:

Maybe in a league with optimists. Man, that wasn't a pretty game.

I expect things to get worse. I have a really bad feeling about Washington this year. I would try to wrap him into a 2 for 1.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

.5 PPR should I go through with either of these trades?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

kiimo posted:

I think the second is worth it, the first probably is too but it'd be better imo to drop Elisha since there will be a similar QB to fill in with out there when the bye week comes.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I put DJ on IR and 125$/500$ bid in for Buck Allen. Seems like a lot but even with Williams on my bench I feel like I need the depth.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

kiimo posted:

Why not drop Eli for Cohen and go with both?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Good idea about Eli.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
welp gently caress it im biting hard on Cohen

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Matt Zerella posted:

I put DJ on IR and 125$/500$ bid in for Buck Allen. Seems like a lot but even with Williams on my bench I feel like I need the depth.

I may be in the same boat. With DJ and Woodhead gone, my RBs are now Crowell, Coleman, and Powell (.5 PPR).

Cohen went late in the draft in my league so Allen will be one of the bigger targets and I need all the help I can get in this league. Currently trying to decide how much to bid on Allen, Kamara, and Williams.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I expect things to get worse. I have a really bad feeling about Washington this year. I would try to wrap him into a 2 for 1.

It could always be worse. Could be the Texans...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Somebody in my league is about to spend 800/1000 free agent dollars on Kerwynn Williams lol.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm about to spend 120 of 300 on Cohen.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Alright I need to lay out my RB situation and get some opinions. Two 14 team leagues. 1 PPR.

Team 1: Montgomery, Ingram, Mixon

Team 2: Montgomery, Hunt, Blount, Riddick, Duke Johnson

These dudes are available: Cohen, Kerwynn, Ellington, Buck Allen, Marlon Mack, Carson.

What should my waiver order be for both my teams?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I am a little torn on Golladay. Had lots of mental mistakes on the field on film. Also of note, he always going against the 3rd option in Arizona's secondary...

...but with Marvin Jones & Tate, he's gonna keep drawing the 3rd best guy on the opposing secondary....

Dude is 6'4". Had an amazing preseason. First game? 2 TDs.

....Babytron.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Do i want to drop Hunter Henry for Austin Hooper? Standard

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

the_american_dream posted:

Do i want to drop Hunter Henry for Austin Hooper? Standard

I wouldn't panic on Henry yet. I'd be waiting to see how he goes against a Defense that isn't from Denver.
I think Hooper will be competing more for receptions than Henry will be long term.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Good to hear all these high-ish bids for FAAB guys.
Go freaking HARD on a guy if you really want them. It's so rare a FA talent develops later in the season when compared against the talent shift that happens during week 1.
I'd rather end up crippled on FA with a guy I like than start week 2 with a fistfull of FAAB and a hole in my roster.

Thoughts? I'm really trying to form a full-opinion on FAAB because it's the wild west of strategy advice right.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Bompacho posted:

I wouldn't panic on Henry yet. I'd be waiting to see how he goes against a Defense that isn't from Denver.
I think Hooper will be competing more for receptions than Henry will be long term.

Should I panic on Ebron? Arizona was #1 against the TE last year so maybe that accounts for the low score but Fleener, Brate, and Clay are there for the taking.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm a bit worried that Henry's breakout last season was more due to not having Keenan Allen around. Watching the game yesterday with Keenan Allen working the short and intermediate, it looked like Henry was relegated to mostly blocking.

But then again that could also be due to playing against the Broncos defense.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 13, 2017

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

on the bored wop posted:

Should I panic on Ebron? Arizona was #1 against the TE last year so maybe that accounts for the low score but Fleener, Brate, and Clay are there for the taking.

Yeah if I was going to just guess their seasons based on the talent around them and their QB's I'd say Fleener > Clay > Ebron > Brate.
I think Ebron is better than Clay, But I think Clay will get more love. I'm just going targets over talent basically.

I love Brate, but I think he's going to have to compete more for receptions this year too.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Bompacho posted:

Yeah if I was going to just guess their seasons based on the talent around them and their QB's I'd say Fleener > Clay > Ebron > Brate.
I think Ebron is better than Clay, But I think Clay will get more love. I'm just going targets over talent basically.

I love Brate, but I think he's going to have to compete more for receptions this year too.

Good call, thank you

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Should I stay with Rex Burkhead on the bench. Should I cut him lose and get best flash-pan of the week, knowing Burkhead will score like 3 TD and get 80% of the snaps the min I do? I hate Bill Belichick.

Tiffany
May 29, 2013

My RB game is weak since my only good RB is DeMarco Murray. I have Terrence West slotted as my RB2 and Paul Perkins as a backup.

For QBs I have Rodgers, Mariota, and Winston (lol QBs x3). I'm thinking about dropping Mariota and picking up Tarik Cohen. Is Tarik worth dropping a good player to the wire or is he a one off fluke? I mean it's obvious I need to get rid of at least one QB at this point but I was hoping to trade one of them but it's a bit early in the season to find people willing to start swapping dudes.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Is Golladay worth burning 1st priority on waivers?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm not sure why people who don't obsessively watch the Patriots were arguing with very active TFF Patriots posters, including a guy who has a Runningback analysis website, about whether they should draft a Pats running back

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Brownhat posted:

Is Golladay worth burning 1st priority on waivers?

I'm still torn on what to do with him or Cohen. I don't need Cohen, I'm loaded at running back, so I am leaning Golladay.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
me_irl

https://twitter.com/Brice_B_2/status/907418281832849410

Also high five to everyone else who picked up Kamara and don't have to burn a waiver to stash him :tipshat:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Spoeank posted:

me_irl

Also high five to everyone else who picked up Kamara and don't have to burn a waiver to stash him :tipshat:

I'm trying to figure out if he's worth dropping for Cohen, Allen, or Carson now

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I keep revisiting my Cohen bid and upping it. I'm up to $41

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

me_irl

I'd like to grab and stash him but can't drop anyone for him yet, so i'll have to wait until Cohen gets flattened due to his small stature i guess.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

paternity suitor posted:

I keep revisiting my Cohen bid and upping it. I'm up to $41

Same. Currently at $81/$250

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Burning first waiver on Cohen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ScottyJSno posted:

Should I stay with Rex Burkhead on the bench. Should I cut him lose and get best flash-pan of the week, knowing Burkhead will score like 3 TD and get 80% of the snaps the min I do? I hate Bill Belichick.

I'm dropping him for Cohen/Williams/Sims/Vereen/Thompson/Carson.

This will inevitably be a mistake.

Alternatively I could drop CJ Prosise, which I might do because LOL Seattle.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Is 75/200 for Cohen as the Howard owner too little? Too much? My other RBs are Abdullah, Martin, Rawls, Lewis

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I've been trying to get rid of Gillislee at a "high" value. I've tried to reach for Jordy, Evans, Cooks, Green from guys who have bad RBs. Some guys with good WRs and RBs I've not bothered. Still waiting to hear on Michael Thomas or Baldwin. Would guys like Fitz, Crabtree, Demaryius, Keenan, or Pryor a good deal for me?

Alternatively, I also have Melvin, Zeke, and Ajayi which I could trade for a top WR and keep Gillislee.

For perspective my WRs are: RIP ARob, DeAndre Hopkins, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Robby Anderson.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 13, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just realized the big pain of losing DJ in a non-FAAB league

Last on waivers :negative:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Drop Jamaal Charles for Buck Allen (.5ppr) ? JC is my least valuable RB. I have a claim for Tarik but I'm #2.

Stable:
Freeman
Crowell
Ingram
JStew
RKelly
James White
JC

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My favorite part of all of this is that my mother-in-law drafted Buck Allen after she got angry because we were starting to enforce the clock and she didn't like being pressured.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm among the many people with a broken DJ, and I'm tired of sucking rear end in my league so I'll ask for advice. I'm in an 8 man ppr league with bonus points for big plays and this is my current roster:
QB Tom Brady, Marcus Mariota,
RB Jay Ajayi, Ty Montgomery, David Johnson, Joe mixon, Ameer abdulla
WR Michael Crabtree, DeVante Parker, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Donte Moncrief, Marvin Jones Jr.
TE Gronk
KR matt prater
D steelers

I put in a waiver to drop Mixon for Cohen or jaquizz rogers, and drop moncrief for Golladay. I'm third in the waiver wire so least one of those will pass but is there someone else I should be targeting? Here's the top 5 available in each category:
RB Cohen, Steward, Thompson, Vareen, Tolbert
WR Thielen, Golladay, Agholor, Kupp, Fowler III

I'm in a 1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 1flex league if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Parallelwoody posted:

I'm among the many people with a broken DJ, and I'm tired of sucking rear end in my league so I'll ask for advice. I'm in an 8 man ppr league with bonus points for big plays and this is my current roster:
QB Tom Brady, Marcus Mariota,
RB Jay Ajayi, Ty Montgomery, David Johnson, Joe mixon, Ameer abdulla
WR Michael Crabtree, DeVante Parker, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Donte Moncrief, Marvin Jones Jr.
TE Gronk
KR matt prater
D steelers

I put in a waiver to drop Mixon for Cohen or jaquizz rogers, and drop moncrief for Golladay. I'm third in the waiver wire so least one of those will pass but is there someone else I should be targeting? Here's the top 5 available in each category:
RB Cohen, Steward, Thompson, Vareen, Tolbert
WR Thielen, Golladay, Agholor, Kupp, Fowler III

I'm in a 1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 1flex league if that helps.

I wouldn't drop Mixon, certainly not for a 3 week rental of Jaquizz. You also are in pretty desperate need of better WRs. Probably hop on Thielen and hope he's the real deal.

• Locked thread