Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jazerus posted:

the most hilarious(ly awful) thing is that while taxing the rich would be cool and good, a lot of good things could be accomplished without even doing that

the fed has been doing "quantitative easing" for a decade now, which is basically a huge hose of money to financial institutions. that huge hose of money exists not only to give the financial sector tons of money but also because if it didn't exist we would be in a deflationary spiral from the recession. that huge hose of money could literally be redirected to any kind of spending and achieve the same results more or less; it exists to compensate for the fact that the government literally doesn't spend enough money to maintain a healthy currency

thats reassuring

knowing that they're jest throwing a tantrum over it all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
happy cruz j/o page suck zone

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The tragedy of Big Brother is that everything Big Brother did just sowed Winston's mistrust in Big Brother. Sound

There are all these people saying "have you actually read the book?" as if context could in any way make these paragraphs any better

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

galenanorth posted:

the tragedy of Big Brother is that everything Big Brother did just sowed Winston's mistrust in Big Brother

sound

just like a certain country

:thunk:

:911:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RE this tweet

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/907743474082107392

You know you really have a winning political candidate when the most common statement made in their favor is "I don't understand the hate against her"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:911:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

So many deep cuts still falling through the cracks.

https://twitter.com/emmettrensin/status/907638900700667904

I mean, come on. How can you type this out and not immediately spot the contradiction?
if you take out that sneaky phrase "the leaders" it's not so unreasonable (but she didn't take it out!)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

happy benghazi/fainting page

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

If only Republicans had more input, maybe the CA prison crisis could finally be resolved. *Tries & fails to think back to ~distant~ era of Republican governorship*

Small Brain take.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

Of course, but if the GOP had more power it would only be worse.

Miniscule Brain take.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

loquacius posted:

You know you really have a winning political candidate when the most common statement made in their favor is "I don't understand the hate against her"
“It feels great being around like-minded people”

Anyone who says this needs to be slapped

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

happy benghazi/fainting page

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

i can't tell the difference between reality and parody anymore

is there even such a thing as reality anymore

well, I guess it doesn't matter. whether this is serious or some sort of elaborate troll, it's still completely indefensible

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

i can't tell the difference between reality and parody anymore

is there even such a thing as reality anymore

well, I guess it doesn't matter. whether this is serious or some sort of elaborate troll, it's still completely indefensible

She actually hired the Peggle Ironicat to be her chief campaign consultant.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gazpacho posted:

if you take out that sneaky phrase "the leaders" it's not so unreasonable (but she didn't take it out!)

"the press" and "experts who seek to guide public policy based on evidence" could just as well be state organs, and in America's case both the press and think tanks are directly controlled by the ruling class.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Don't cut back on the big pharma and medical insurance lobbyist money!

You'll regret it.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

a take so hoAAAAAA I'M ON FIRE AAAAAAAFHWSAFHASDGIOPWAEER

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
page 911...on 9/12...

:sad:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I'd respect Hillary more if she just came out and said what she's obviously thinking

"I know I suck but you morons voted for Donald Trump and thought he'd actually give a poo poo. You fuckers deserve everything you get, I'm going to billionare island. Hillary out!"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

Did Franken delete those two tweets? They're not on his feed.

Naah, they're both still there. Twitter was probably loving up the order the way it likes to do because IT KNOWS BETTER THAN YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT TO READ.

I don't see them as contradictory positions, though it'd have been nice if the 'I'm co-sponsoring Bernie's bill' one had come first.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Hmm....let me look up the author.

quote:

Bill Scher was one of the first liberal political bloggers, founding LiberalOasis.com in 2002. LiberalOasis was the first blog to conduct a formal interview with a presidential candidate.[5] In 2004, he became a regular commentator for Air America Radio's "The Majority Report"[6] hosted by Sam Seder and Janeane Garofalo. In 2006, he contributed a chapter to the book "Proud To Be Liberal"[7] and published his own book "Wait! Don't Move To Canada!: A Stay-and-Fight Strategy to Win Back America" (Rodale, 2006).[8] He later became an editor and writer for the Campaign for America's Future website OurFuture.org.[9]

Wow I guess he must be pretty left win-

quote:

Bill Scher has been known to take positions that are controversial within liberal circles. In 2012, he published a New York Times oped titled "How Liberals Win"[10] which argued that liberals should treat "corporate power as a force to bargain with, not an enemy to vanquish."

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

this man should have his kneecaps cracked by an union thug, imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Someone in my Facebook feed posted this article and, well, hachi machi

quote:

There’s some truth to at least one facet of this new Clinton backlash: For many people, these are indeed dark times and the Democratic party does need to get its act together and focus on resisting and defeating Trump. But for the most part, the criticism of Clinton’s book is just more sexist drivel from the never-ending well of misogyny and sexism that’s been being hurled in her direction during her long career of public service. Hillary Clinton doesn’t have to go out “gently”—or be otherwise schooled on how she should or should not handle her particular, unprecedented situation. She’s the first woman to win a major party’s presidential nomination in American history; she definitely doesn’t have to shut up about it, not now, not ever.

this sure is a take

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/907777123472904192
but what about the alt left?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If you're running a raucus, pluralistic, diverse democracy where there are literally millions of voices - only two of them should matter.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

PEOPLE OBSESS OVER WHAT POLITICS WILL DO BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT GETS THE loving RESULTS

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
A Clinton chooses, a voter obeys

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

...for gently caress's sake, Hillary, you even forgot to say "WOULD YOU KINDLY VOTE FOR ME".

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i'm pretty sure supporting every single war ever in your adulthood, including loving Vietnam, does not allow you to position yourself as some reasonable enlightened Centrist above it all

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"change is coming"

hillary: no i won't let it

"hillary, that's a wall. Specifically, THE wall."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

docbeard posted:

...for gently caress's sake, Hillary, you even forgot to say "WOULD YOU KINDLY VOTE FOR ME".

Anybody know if the Remastered version is worth getting? (of Bioshock; no amount of remastering will make Clinton worthwhile)

Also holy God Clinton is an idiot.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Vote or Die

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Listen up you dumb idiots. My name is Rodham and I have three things to tell you:

1. When I was senator, people talked to me, BUT NOT TO GIVE ME MONEY.

2. Anyone with any kind of ideology is crazy.

3. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

here's a gif of this take

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

I got give to hillary she read pretty much every book D&D read on politics: the devil's bargin, 538, the true believer hell she prob read shattered

she would prob be good poster

and just as bad at being elected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

have some primo succcc

https://twitter.com/armandodkos/status/907764008643637248
https://twitter.com/armandodkos/status/907764451667054592
https://twitter.com/armandodkos/status/907800244557099008

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 04:08 on Sep 13, 2017

• Locked thread