Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Kim you are a good guy but you get way too emotional and then try to convince everyone that you aren't upset about something no really you aren't

Every time I've played with you - wushu and ark and conan and god knows what other dumb wastes of time - it's been a decent experience but you are prone to getting mad at games

I'm sorry that my criticism of your bot network made you mad, I don't care and am only posting this because I'm literally on the shitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kimsemus posted:

I don't care, it's just a lot fun to shitpost about it because it never fails to get a pretty funny response :toot:

my posting in this thread is kind of like albion itself: really really terrible, except you didn't have to give me any money.

a dont care-off and puppetmastering? you got me bro :smith:

maybe one day, SI will give albion reasons to be posted about

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
Albion Online: who doesnt care the most about discord bots

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Kimsemus posted:

it's just a lot fun to shitpost about it because it never fails to get a pretty funny response :toot:
:same: but especially when people desperately spin mocking one-liners as a 'meltdown'

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Jackard posted:

:same: but especially when people desperately spin mocking one-liners as a 'meltdown'

nice meltdown

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Ruggan posted:

nice meltdown
:yeah:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Jackard & Co.: Crying About Discord Bots Since June

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Taylor Swift posted:

Jackard & Co.: Crying About Discord Bots Since June

look what you made me do (post bad)

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

interesting how fast any criticism about gdn is met with scrambling over each other to its defense. why do you guys care so much if me, forge and few other losers dont like your sketchy bot?

alternatively, what if this thread was about a bad and dead video game? no? alright

We don't really, its just that forum pvp is better than albion pvp, that is why we all hang here pvp'ing rather than the game, come on man you know this...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Taylor Swift posted:

Forge & Co.: Crying About Discord Bots Since June

you mean butthurt...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Alternatively, you can our super secret database of content stored in pixelated land of Goondor

http://goondor.everythingisgoon.com/?s=default

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Tempus Thales posted:

Alternatively, you can our super secret database of content stored in pixelated land of Goondor

http://goondor.everythingisgoon.com/?s=default

is there one where every cube is my bank account info and/or shitposts?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Ruggan posted:

Kim you are a good guy but you get way too emotional and then try to convince everyone that you aren't upset about something no really you aren't

Every time I've played with you - wushu and ark and conan and god knows what other dumb wastes of time - it's been a decent experience but you are prone to getting mad at games

I'm sorry that my criticism of your bot network made you mad, I don't care and am only posting this because I'm literally on the shitter

That's fair, video games are usually a (un)healthy outlet for me, which most of the time I enjoy but 5% of the time gets me really salty.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hi yes i care deeply about goon state secrets so just fyi my bot (brobot) logs petabytes of goon conversations about which anime is the least tsundere for my perusal

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shut the gently caress up retards

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Stuntman posted:

shut the gently caress up retards

whoa dude chill out???

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Albion Online: taking the bait EVERY TIME

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

hi yes i care deeply about goon state secrets so just fyi my bot (brobot) logs petabytes of goon conversations about which anime is the least tsundere for my perusal

Do we need to issue a Goon Security Bulletin and remove all these unlawful bots from our Goonunism Discord Initiative? What are we coming to... Oh dear poor me pity me. rip.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Tempus Thales posted:

Do we need to issue a Goon Security Bulletin and remove all these unlawful bots from our Goonunism Discord Initiative? What are we coming to... Oh dear poor me pity me. rip.

quote:

[BOT] BroBot Ya, RIP
[BOT] BroBot
:rip:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
:gary:

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

the game loop got stale to me. kill mans, loot poo poo, sell it, rinse repeat forever. i need some variety in my mans killing. grinding up new weapons for hours in blighted bog aint really it. idk what dodgin's gang is doing though. i guess theyre still playing

This is the bad part of Albion, highlighted. The gameplay is good, but the loop is a bit shallow.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

This is the bad part of Albion, highlighted. The gameplay is good, but the loop is a bit shallow.

Isnt this the loop in all sandbox MMOs? Kill mens, take their poo poo, take their homes, and drink their tears?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
They announced the first content patch to be released on September 27th:

https://albiononline.com/en/update/Joseph

quote:

Joseph is our very first post-release content update coming to you on September 27. We are bringing you an action-packed Arena mode filled to the brim with thrilling fights, impressive rewards, and plenty of ways to earn bragging rights.

On top of that, there will be additional open world PvP opportunities with the new “Treasure Sites,” two new Tier 6 group expeditions, Improvements to UI/UX, easy-to-use Smart Casting, and new weapon abilities to add even more variety!

Head out, Adventurer. The Arena awaits!

ENTER THE ARENA
The Arena is a new mode where you are matched against worthy opponents in a 5v5 control point battle. Be in the team to capture the most Runestones, maintain a high score, and you will be granted redeemable Arena Sigils for great rewards. Ready to put your skills to the test? Need to practice for higher Tier PvP battles? Enter the Arena and prove yourself with your friends, guild mates, or on your own.

ARENA REWARDS
Should your team be victorious, Arena Sigils will be awarded. Arena Sigils can be redeemed for rewards or traded with others. Each character can collect three Arena Sigils for the first three winning matches per day with a maximum of nine Arena Sigils per day. Rewards are mostly of the vanity-variety and will make characters stand out.

TREASURE SITES
The old Relic Locker sites around Albion have been replaced with Treasure Sites. More than ten of these locations, uniquely designed to fit their respective biomes, can be found throughout the yellow, red and black zones. These sites are littered with silver, literally.

Enter this area with a small party or alone to keep the riches for yourself, if you dare, as it is not without risk. Those who enter these sites are automatically flagged as “hostile” and should alert to ruthless looters.

Not only can players collect the silver laying around, but also smash Urns for more. Attempting to destroy a Sarcophagus will unleash a ghost. Those who defeat the Sarcophagus Ghost are rewarded with even more silver. The old Relic Lockers are now located in the center of each Treasure Site and will be on a one-hour cooldown after being looted.

SMART CAST
The eagerly-awaited Smart Casting mechanic will be added as an option in game settings. Select from two new options based on your playstyle.

With ”Quick Cast on Button Press” selected, ground-targeted abilities will be cast in the direction of the cursor when pressing down the skill button. Or, with the ”Quick Cast on Button Release“ setting, a spell area indicator will appear at the position of the mouse when pressing and holding an ability key. When the pressed key is released, the ability will be cast. The “Normal Spell Cast” will remain as the default setting. These will be adjustable under: Settings > Game Settings > Mouse Control.

THREE SISTERS EXPEDITION
Through an expedition to find a lost Royal Guard suspected of being a traitor, you are lead to an old monastery where three age-defying sisters of Morgana’s cult await intruders. These sisters lust for minds of weak men to corrupt and intelligent women for stimulating conversations.

ETERNAL BATTLE EXPEDITION
An ancient city, was formerly used as a satellite of Caerleon that is now overrun by undead soldiers from a battle which happened ages ago. An expedition is sent out to drive out the undead, end the Governors eternal duty to defend the city, and bring and reclaim the city for the living. However, the Governor is not so willing to relinquish his duties, and must be defeated!

UI IMPROVEMENTS
Joseph brings some wonderful face-lifts to some of our menu interfaces. Feast your eyes on the improved appearances of the Island merchant menu and the social menu. Additionally, there will be user experience improvements to the social menu such as directly sending whispers to your friends and adding them to a party within the menu.

NEW ABILITIES
Five new abilities have been added for Bows, Daggers, Cursed Staffs, Swords and Spears starting at Tier 5. These give even more variety to these weapons’ playstyles. One of these abilities is the new Ray of Light ability for Bows which will root the enemy on successful arrow contact. Daggers now have a sneaky ability, called “Shadow Edge,” to teleport to an enemy or ally on contact. Successfully hit your enemy, and they will be rooted for a short period of time.

ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENTS
New Effects for the Ice Storm and Armor Piercer abilities
Additional Ability effect improvements
Dungeons and Mob Camps have treasure chests added for looting
Essences can be used in potion crafting
Dozens of minor improvements and countless bug fixes
BugFixes_changes.jpg
CHANGES AND BUG FIXES
This update also includes many changes and bug fixes such as:

Open world/Hellgate fame has been increased.
Reduced the channeling time to exit dungeons.
Rebalanced some bosses.
Expeditions now have a gear cap dependent on tier.

Im not super thrilled about more expeditions but you gotta keep solo players happy-ish. I do like the arenas as it will give newer players/teams a way to actually practice GvGs and the chest changes seem pretty dope.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a bow dagger curse user, patch seems good. Reluctantly will do arenas so we can learn how to take peoples houses.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Have they added more ways to get to the BZ besides like 8 portals?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
arenas are dumb as gently caress, do hellgates if you want 5v5 experience

they already have yellow zones and yellow hellgates for risk free pvp, why the gently caress do you need more of it?

BadLlama posted:

Have they added more ways to get to the BZ besides like 8 portals?

why is this needed?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Suxpool posted:

arenas are dumb as gently caress, do hellgates if you want 5v5 experience

they already have yellow zones and yellow hellgates for risk free pvp, why the gently caress do you need more of it?

HGs are a good way to get into the idea of 5v5 but theyre still pretty different from GvG.. arenas will be exact replicas of GvG.

quote:

why is this needed?

I dont think it is -- i like the current moongate system tbh.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
there need to be actual open world objectives, that's the thing, there is no reason to go anywhere, other than to pvp unless you're the top .5% of the playerbase.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

FormerFatty posted:

Isnt this the loop in all sandbox MMOs? Kill mens, take their poo poo, take their homes, and drink their tears?

I mean, yeah, it is. The trick is whether or not there's nuance in the combat, and Albion has that.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

I mean, yeah, it is. The trick is whether or not there's nuance in the combat, and Albion has that.

:smugdon:

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Joseph changes:

MAKE GANKING GREAT AGAIN

"Mount despawns if attacked while unmounted. "

:horse:

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

vermeul posted:

Joseph changes:

MAKE GANKING GREAT AGAIN

"Mount despawns if attacked while unmounted. "

:horse:

I mean -- cant you stop someone from mounting now just by attacking them? Its hard for me to find a scenario where this changes things greatly for PKing

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Don't loving crash my party bro

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FormerFatty posted:

I mean -- cant you stop someone from mounting now just by attacking them? Its hard for me to find a scenario where this changes things greatly for PKing

It's hard when solo to prevent someone from mounting..

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People usually gather or farm mobs with their mount out for protection. It will now be a race for them to mount before you can hit. Max range whispering bow is really gonna shine here.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

forge posted:

It's hard when solo to prevent someone from mounting..

solo? tha fucc is that?

soy posted:

People usually gather or farm mobs with their mount out for protection. It will now be a race for them to mount before you can hit. Max range whispering bow is really gonna shine here.

Yea -- I can see it in these cases but people are praising this like its removing the 3 second timer on autoattacking post dismount.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

FormerFatty posted:

solo? tha fucc is that?

Yea -- I can see it in these cases but people are praising this like its removing the 3 second timer on autoattacking post dismount.

It's a good change for those of us that like small group or solo ganking. Mount speed is so fast that people can mount even when getting pounded on.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Ruggan posted:

It's a good change for those of us that like small group or solo ganking. Mount speed is so fast that people can mount even when getting pounded on.

Word -- makes sense to me.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Hopefully the arena stuff turns out good. It is great seeing people crying on various forums (not here though, seems to be mostly internal drama here instead :v: ) how the open world will die because of it and that they have no intention of adding more open world stuff when the main focus on the next patch is both gvg and open world pvp. For now it is all words on a page at this point so who knows if they deliver but come on, do people not read? The future addition of being able to steal resources from claimed land like a filthy leech sound entertaining to me at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

removing the only reason to be in the open world (pvp) is dumb, and anyone who supports that is dumb.q