Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Considering how I went bananas when I had my first real job as a 17/18 year old and spent all my money on Dreamcast stuff I'm so glad that I have a wife and kid now that VR is a thing because I would be aaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll in otherwise, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

CJacobs posted:

I actually don't go anywhere without my Rift. VR is the future of technology and the future of gaming. It provides a perfect virtual space to inhabit and conduct my daily life in and it shelters me from the harmful world surrounding my physical body in many ways. I feel safe with the helmet on. I feel protected with the helmet on. The helmet gives me joy and life.

CJacobs posted:

HELP ME IT'S CONTROLLING ME SOS SOS I CAN'T SEE OR FEEL I'VE SEEN THINGS BEYOND THIS NATURAL WORLD DON'T WEAR THE OCULUS RIF

https://youtu.be/GM5fw5UYNjo

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 13, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nasgate posted:

While I agree with your sentiment, I think your concept of the time it will take is a little off since technology advances exponentially.

see though that's the thing: to get to the point where we have great vr tech, like how we have great normal computer game tech right now, we need to go that much exponentially further. otherwise, we're just playing nintendo in an opaque helmet.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've never been to Korea, is that really how Korean laughter sounds like??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Considering how I went bananas when I had my first real job as a 17/18 year old and spent all my money on Dreamcast stuff I'm so glad that I have a wife and kid now that VR is a thing because I would be aaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll in otherwise, baby.

You should divorce her and leave the kid and jack in to the Net and never leav e

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

wwwwwwwwwwww

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

fufufu

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

after 3 hours of ys 8, game of the month im sad to say the tl for the pre demo section of the game is just as bad. I forgot to screenshot but I've had an instance of a character introducing herself with "My name is Alison. You can just call me Alison"

it's serviceable in that you'll get the plot but characters don't really have distinct voices and feel like they aren't even consistent during a conversation. also any time the game tries to go with a character expressing complex thoughts the tl doesn't hold together. it feels like different people were translating per line because thoughts just don't follow

also the term for magic is fuckin' Energy and im gonna be mad when i find out the jpn script uses the english word Energy

anyways everyone already knew the tl would be bad and soulless but the gameplay owns and has a million collectables to hand in for upgrades for your tiny lizard brain to enjoy

also fishing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
KEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH.........

*kills an important character*

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

In Training posted:

You should divorce her and leave the kid and jack in to the Net and never leav e

No :mad:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Give me the rich girl "Oh Ho Ho Ho" or give me death

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUzsVy9HdL4

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Gotta have the right music for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7PkZ6VRf1M

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzBCBIVC7Qg

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GxARm_QiCo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_MwMSX0qqw

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this scared the poo poo out of me, and was why I didn't like zelda 2 as a kid. I'm glad now as a fully grown adult my tastes have matured I can not like zelda 2 on its own merits

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I'm glad now as a fully grown adult my tastes have matured I can not like zelda 2 on its own merits

It's time for Link Returns: a Zelda II remake

e: i should've said ganon returns please don't ban me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

KEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH.........

*kills an important character*

C-CJacob-kun...?? They... they got to ya too, huh?... heh... always knew it'd be you. *rips shirt off*

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Everyone in korea is that evil dog from wacky races

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/907684129461870592

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The translation might be stiff but Ys scripts have always kinda sucked to me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The translation might be stiff but Ys scripts have always kinda sucked to me.

They hit every cliche in the most boring way. But them tunes and bosses? Mmmmmm

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the best line in an ys game has always been

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXl8yC5Ao-4&t=16s

tbh oath in felghana was the best written ys game and actually had some pretty funny dialog even outside of the dub vas just loving around but i played about half of seven lately and on top of burning out on the gameplay the script does just seem a lot more bland so modern ys might just be worse

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 13, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wasn't Oath also a fansub based script that may have just been punched up anyway.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

Wasn't Oath also a fansub based script that may have just been punched up anyway.

it was based off a fan tl but they hired one of the people who worked on the fan tl onto the company as an editor and the guy is obsessed with accuracy so i doubt it strayed too far. same guy worked on ys seven's tl, too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah cool, ok.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's kind of a bummer that the plot stuff in ys is always really bland cause falcom does have writers who are good at weaving together serious time plot stuff and actually funny and interesting character writing, it's just, that doesn't really happen with ys because it's not a series that can take the time to do it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i wasn't really feeling ys 7 but 8 is awesome

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8 is real good so far. The prologue was kinda lame tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't like walking around that boat talking to people but once you get to the island it's straight fire

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

In Training posted:

I didn't like walking around that boat talking to people but once you get to the island it's straight fire

Don't tell me the game opens with another goddamn shipwreck.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Poops Mcgoots posted:

hahahaaaa

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Yup. I kinda hope the next game can get much much larger zones between loads but otherwise its really taking me back to my happy ys place.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

The entire plot of the game is trying to build another ship so he can leave an island he crashes on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The entire plot of the game is trying to build another ship so he can leave an island he crashes on

To likely just crash immediately in ys9

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

lets hang out posted:

i wasn't really feeling ys 7 but 8 is awesome

is there anything specific that makes 8 better cause i just stopped having any feelings towards ys seven's gameplay after a while

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Ys: a neverending series of getting on and off boats

The anti-Berserk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Is it pronounced "ee-s" or "why-s"

• Locked thread