Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Ok so here's something:

if you make an alt, the questlines that lead to you getting mida mini and drang are not available, if you've done them already- they seem to be account based

BUT if you transfer mini/drang over, you'll get the quest that leads to getting mida multi and sturm again. So you can get another chance at high power exotics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mazerunner posted:

Ok so here's something:

if you make an alt, the questlines that lead to you getting mida mini and drang are not available, if you've done them already- they seem to be account based

BUT if you transfer mini/drang over, you'll get the quest that leads to getting mida multi and sturm again. So you can get another chance at high power exotics.

Huh? Those quests are all available on my alt.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I feel like I've had the most amazing luck so far. I now have all but one of the titan exotic armors and I've only got a duplicate once. I guess they're fine with exotics being relatively common so you don't feel bad about using the lovely ones to power up your normal stuff.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

strangemusic posted:

MIDA Multi/Mini combo is pure :rice: and I love it.

I got these tonight and I never want to use anything else ever again. Every single drop I get is going to be ground up and smooshed into them.

I’m tempted to spec into as much mobility as my armor can provide just to see how fast I can go

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

During the ddowntime I wrote a lengthy and pretty boring few paragraphs about the PvP changes specifically no rader for 2 seconds post zoom or while jumping. I just got my MIDA-Multi and it has the radar always on perk. The point of my post was essentially about Activision's involvement and they'll be pushing D2 on the back of what they've helped build for Overwatch with Blizzard. GL with that guys. Either way that one of the many game breaking things that'll need to change, however I logged off right after I got it but I imagine it works exactly the same as it did in D1.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 13, 2017

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I can't ever see this game being some MLG PRO GAMING spectacle

Also I got 2 exotics in a little over an hour tonight so I logged off cus I couldn't do any better than that

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
What loadouts are people planning on for the raid tomorrow? I am gonna use the vanguard scout with explosive rounds(nameless sight???) and sunshot for energy weapon. Not entirely certain when it comes to power weapons but leaning towards arc/void because Sunshot will rip any solar dudes. For armor just going with my highest LL stuff, which luckily includes Mask of the Quiet One.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Republicans posted:

I feel like I've had the most amazing luck so far. I now have all but one of the titan exotic armors and I've only got a duplicate once. I guess they're fine with exotics being relatively common so you don't feel bad about using the lovely ones to power up your normal stuff.

lol i've been playing enough to turn in about a dozen brights or so and I've gotten all of 2 exotic engrams and one purple that turned in to a yellow on decode. They've all been dupes of my preorder coldheart :suicide:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
My first three exotic engrams were ... more lucky pants.

Don't get me wrong, i still wear them. The last one was a lvl 20 pair, but ...
drat, man. That's not lucky at all.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

96 spacejam posted:

During the ddowntime I wrote a lengthy and pretty boring few paragraphs about the PvP changes specifically no rader for 2 seconds post zoom or while jumping. I just got my MIDA-Multi and it has the radar always on perk. The point of my post was essentially about Activision's involvement and they'll be pushing D2 on the back of what they've helped build for Overwatch with Blizzard. GL with that guys. Either way that one of the many game breaking things that'll need to change, however I logged off right after I got it but I imagine it works exactly the same as it did in D!.

Yeah, everyone has figured it out already too so now quickjoin matches are full of coordinated teams locking down every open space with those drat Multis lol.

There is no way in hell this is going to be an esports game without some drastic overhauls, even though it's fun as hell when all the stars align.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think, out of the ten games i just solo dropped for call to arms, five of them were against a full fireteam. it's dumb.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Also I haven't seen of or heard of firefly on any legendary weapons, I gotta assume they will add this with DLC because it was the coolest perk in D1 as far as pve goes.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i saw it on a...scout rifle? tone patrol i think?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I had an energy weapon that made enemies explode in arc energy.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Is not called firefly.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

TBH I really want firefly on a kinetic HC

Dwitzl
Feb 4, 2008

You got dem orrrrbs?

texaholic posted:

What loadouts are people planning on for the raid tomorrow? I am gonna use the vanguard scout with explosive rounds(nameless sight???) and sunshot for energy weapon. Not entirely certain when it comes to power weapons but leaning towards arc/void because Sunshot will rip any solar dudes. For armor just going with my highest LL stuff, which luckily includes Mask of the Quiet One.

Yeah, I'm thinking something along similar lines, i just got Nameless Midnight and I love it, and my sunshot is high enough level that I won't drop much below my highest light level (although I have a high power coldheart I might run depending on engagement range, or graviton lance). Also just got curtain call which I'm excited to use with the hunter auto-reload. Otherwise, I'm spec-ing my armor for resilience.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

texaholic posted:

Also I haven't seen of or heard of firefly on any legendary weapons, I gotta assume they will add this with DLC because it was the coolest perk in D1 as far as pve goes.

I have it on a sniper rifle

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, everyone has figured it out already too so now quickjoin matches are full of coordinated teams locking down every open space with those drat Multis lol.

There is no way in hell this is going to be an esports game without some drastic overhauls, even though it's fun as hell when all the stars align.

As I mentioned in my other post I work in the industry with everyone from org CEOs to devs to players on a daily basis and the only people talking about a D2 esport is Activision. Literally no one cares, the game retains plays mainly through the FPS/Diablo loot + raiding hybrid along with the easy pliability unlike the tier 1 esports. Any org that has the slightly interest in Destiny will get a Quake Champions team first. The only this going for them is having access to the godawful Overwatch fanchises and new broadcast studios around the globe.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It might just be time to face it, but Firefly's never coming back. Blame Fox.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Totally not intentional lmao

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

lol i've been playing enough to turn in about a dozen brights or so and I've gotten all of 2 exotic engrams and one purple that turned in to a yellow on decode. They've all been dupes of my preorder coldheart :suicide:

Yeah, my finishing exotic was coldheart, like I said. Free shards I guess at least. I want to dual wield them. Bungie get at me, hell at least let me halo it up with dual sidearms, smg, and hand cannons!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

DrNutt posted:

It might just be time to face it, but Firefly's never coming back. Blame Fox.

I'm still pissed about Firefly.

I will probably stay pissed until I die.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rumor has it if you want legs from an exotic drop put exotic legs on when you go to decrypt.

I tried it yesterday and it worked x2 so your mileage may vary but if youre getting doubles and triples of exotics try taking them off.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Totally not intentional lmao

The quote plus the hate symbol is either next level AI construction or Bungie will search their network logs and fire the employee who surfs 4chan all day and claim victory.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want my vex legs back on my warlock. C'mon Asher, do an exo a solid.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Here's the Nightfall boss getting punked like a chump today. I couldn't believe how easy this was.

https://youtu.be/F0RTvvftcr8

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i really want to know what Momentum is as a modifier because boy this week's NF felt easy with Prism

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If I was Bungie I'd change it to 켘 just to mess with everyone involved.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Leet titan pro tip: use strafe jump. It owns.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

DrNutt posted:

Huh? Those quests are all available on my alt.

really? maybe you have to do some adventures or something to unlock them, because I don't see them

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Rumor has it if you want legs from an exotic drop put exotic legs on when you go to decrypt.

I tried it yesterday and it worked x2 so your mileage may vary but if youre getting doubles and triples of exotics try taking them off.

I just got an exotic helmet from a Legendary Engram while having an exotic helmet equipped so maybe it does work.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the exotic quests are the last ones unlocked on the planets, maybe that's why your alts can't see them

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Nightfall was crazy easy this week, much easier than the normal strike with the burns. My team had a full wipe twice and lost about a minute of time, missed most of the rings, and finished the boss at 5:08. We could've easily gained 2-3 minutes.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So am I missing something or is personal clan xp contribution not incrementing? Is it impossible to hit the milestone if you logged on and your clan already hit the weekly cap?

Because that kinda sucks

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

VanillaGorilla posted:

So am I missing something or is personal clan xp contribution not incrementing? Is it impossible to hit the milestone if you logged on and your clan already hit the weekly cap?

Because that kinda sucks

No, bone krew has been capped for hours (at 100k lmao) and my alt has gotten to 2/5k tonight.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

BlindSite posted:

Thks actually kind of makes sense. The smart loot system is designed to make it easier to raise yoir light level, so giving you an exotic in the slot you already have occupied by an exotic means yoi can equip.it right away without juggling stuff around and maybe losing LL overall.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress I wish I could play this from my phone at work.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
legendary engrams are dropping at 279 for me right now, pretty cool. guess it doesn't cap as low as we expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mazerunner posted:

really? maybe you have to do some adventures or something to unlock them, because I don't see them

They popped up for me just like normal once I finished the campaign and did my victory lap around the tower. Did you make sure to talk to all the NPCs after you were done?