Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

MixxMaster posted:

They are already naming the Diving Elbow the Insane Elbow, lol WWE.

Didn't they just name it Sailing the Seas a couple episodes ago, or am I misremembering things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

Glad to see we've got the next complete non-issue to moan about lined up.

This is why I say some people in here are like the people in D&D. Seriously goddamn.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it is a miracle that they accidentally made the correct person win however They hosed it all up by calling her finisher the Wacky Elbybow

MixxMaster
Sep 15, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

Glad to see we've got the next complete non-issue to moan about lined up.

With WWE especially, there's always plenty to moan about...it's one of the best parts of watching it!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
She calls it the Elbow Turner

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MixxMaster posted:

With WWE especially, there's always plenty to moan about...it's one of the best parts of watching it!

Actually the fact that wrestling is fun is a good reason.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Hellbow

El Elbow

Skyri Sane

X Marks The Spot

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MixxMaster posted:

Not a good match considering the hype. At least it didn't have the run-ins that most speculated, but having Shayna play a big monster as green as she is just didn't work well for me. They are already naming the Diving Elbow the Insane Elbow, lol WWE.

I wouldn't take a single word from Lita or JR to heart. We're lucky they didn't call it a knee dropping.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

She's Got Elbows, She Knows How To Use Them

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I wouldn't take a single word from Lita or JR to heart. We're lucky they didn't call it a knee dropping.

jr called asuka, summer, becky, and charlotte "fans at ringside" and referred to a random woman seated near ronda and jessamyn "marina shafir"

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Cavauro posted:

The Hellbow

El Elbow

Skyri Sane

X Marks The Spot

The Old Sea Dog at the Admiral Elbow

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Yacht Enthusiast Elbow

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The Yachtsperson's vengeance.

e: poo poo beat to the punch on the yacht joke

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Thar She Elblows

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice
I actually thought JR and Lita were better and didn't detract from the action in the ring. The booking was spot on in the lead up to this, having the naturally lovable face versus the naturally unlikable heel. If there was a meta-storyline leading into this match, it was whether brand exposure (the often suggested 4HW finish) or pure wrestling booking was more important to WWE. In fact for me, the meta storyline made the heel/face dynamics even more elevated. In this case, the right call was made and now Kairi Sane is an instant star and the MYC goes down in the history books as a success rather than a wasted opportunity.

Edit: Also Kairi's finisher should be called the Blunderbuss

jred250 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 13, 2017

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah JR and Lita weren't as bad, few slip ups, but not too many miscalls in the ring. There was one pretty bad one where JR praised the stomp to the solar plexus when she was working the elbow, but Lita was there to correct him instantly and he caught the hint and corrected it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
The Anchor Drop

or

Elbows Aweigh

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Broadside.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
"Sane just planted the Seaward right onto her chin."

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/20687257/wwe-mae-young-classic-kairi-sane-defeats-shayna-baszler-finals

kairi gets a shot at the vacant title next takeover

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEonESPN/status/907803867571683329

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

owned

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Like Meltzer who said this would be Shayna going over and there would be a Horsewoman prison brawl.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Plans change. Like you say whenever you're wrong with poo poo but never admit it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Plans change. Like you say whenever you're wrong with poo poo but never admit it.

Far less wrong about current stuff than Meltzer is.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Our Mae Young Classic winner standing in the ring in front of the trophy

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
My thoughts on Kairi being in the title hunt now: She should lose, but get the title either at the Royal Rumble Takeover or Wrestlemania Takeover at the absolute latest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Meltzer never picked a winner.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

My thoughts on Kairi being in the title hunt now: She should lose, but get the title either at the Royal Rumble Takeover or Wrestlemania Takeover at the absolute latest.

that's an awful idea

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

that's an awful idea

It's a multi-women match, right? Probably best for Kairi to look good in it but not win because Peyton and Billie cheat or someone else interferes against Kairi. It'll be a lot more impressive to win it from a single's match, and waiting until Wrestlemania season would probably be the best idea to make that happen.

I mean, unless you want Kairi to go undefeated like Asuka.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

that's an awful idea

Considering its a multi person title match supposedly, its not a bad idea. Kairi doesn't have to eat the pin.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Match was entertaining and I thought both women did good work. I'm happy the win went to the better wrestler of the two, and incredibly happy there were no stupid four horsewomen things or interference.

More of this kind of stuff. A lot more.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Codependent Poster posted:

It's a multi-women match, right? Probably best for Kairi to look good in it but not win because Peyton and Billie cheat or someone else interferes against Kairi. It'll be a lot more impressive to win it from a single's match, and waiting until Wrestlemania season would probably be the best idea to make that happen.

I mean, unless you want Kairi to go undefeated like Asuka.

I am so tired of people saying things should wait until Wrstlemania. This is why we never got Undertaker/Sting.

We should just be getting the best matchups possible, and not suffering through garbage 11 months out of the year because something needs to go on Wrestlemania weekend.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Had hoped Alison would be invited as she lives locally.

Alison worked Japan and the UK when few women did and (re)opened communication channels 15 years or so ago.

https://twitter.com/allisondanger/status/907852696216113152

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I too was hoping Alison Brie would be there.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
OK.

Wish the semi formal recognition on JR's initial podcast that Johnny Ace screwed the pooch for a whole generation of women continued on in the MYC. Like each loser kicking him in the nuts or something like that.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cavauro posted:

X Marks The Spot

that's actually a pretty great name for a pirate-loving wrestler's finisher congratulations

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012

rovert posted:

Like Meltzer who said this would be Shayna going over and there would be a Horsewoman prison brawl.

He was making a prediction based on the angle they were developing on tv. He didn't really position Shayna winning as an insider scoop.

Kairi is super fun so I'm glad she won, though it wouldn't have bothered me if it went the other way.

Giant Murderbaby fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Sep 13, 2017

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Astro7x posted:

Our Mae Young Classic winner standing in the ring in front of the trophy

I'd be down to see Kairi drop the elbow on someone off the Agro Crag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KAIRI WON! YAY!

The binge format didn't really work for me but the tournament was cool, the best heel and best face made it to the final, and the face won. Hooray :)