Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Is there even a single person who likes Tony Blair?

Himself? Probably?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

All I can see from this is that hurricanes blow white people away.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hahahahahaha How The gently caress Are Hurricanes Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

D.N. Nation posted:

More '80s Gorrell.

Might have had something to do with jokes used eight years earlier in Bonjo From Beyond The Stars.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oxyclean posted:

Uhh, maybe my history is a little rough, but human sacrifices? Like is Branco thinking of the Mayans or something? Or a book he read?

e: lmao @ Branco having an issue with Obama's mentor but likely not with Trump's dad being literal KKK.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Can anyone explain the deal with this comic to me? I see this artist posted a lot in this thread and the topics never seem specifically political. It just seems like the most standard webcomic topics possible with like above average art for a webcomic. Is there something about it that makes it not just "megatokyo but girls" that makes it a political cartoon? Do all the girls represent like countries or something I'm missing?

So that you have better reasons to hate feckless millennials than the ones Branco gives

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Andy Marlette has moved up to being one of my least favorite cartoonists. He was never good, but his hurricane cartoons are absolutely awful. It's like he's not trying to offend the hurricanes by being to harsh on them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmKHHdqwVes

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Andy Marlette has moved up to being one of my least favorite cartoonists. He was never good, but his hurricane cartoons are absolutely awful. It's like he's not trying to offend the hurricanes by being to harsh on them.

Marlette's from the one part of Florida that didn't get hit by Irma at all too so lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/rafsanchez/status/907247161191972864

CRUSH
ANYTHING
OBAMA
DID

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Ramos posted:

All I can see from this is that hurricanes blow white people away.

My first-glance interpretation was "natural disasters disproportionately affect blacks because low-income communities can't always afford to evacuate or rebuild." But it's a Lester, so it can't mean that.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Arthur Crackpot posted:

My first-glance interpretation was "natural disasters disproportionately affect blacks because low-income communities can't always afford to evacuate or rebuild." But it's a Lester, so it can't mean that.

A Good Cartoon.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

MAC on... Tony Blair speaking out again

'I'm afraid it's one of those irritating pains in the bottom that just when you think you're rid of it, it pops back up again – we call it a Tony Blair.'

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

(So much for the tolerant left?)

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

You could say that about half those books. Except for "My Morals by Donald Trump", which would be represented by a black hole.

Well, the whole thing is rife with hypocrisy, that was just the one that first caught my eye.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

"megatokyo but girls"

Not at all.

It actually updates on a regular schedule.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

(So much for the tolerant left?)

Doesn't really work as one of the few things that people from across the political spectrum can agree on is that Tony Blair was a loving rear end in a top hat.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
The hairstyles in zelda are no where near absurd enough to be Megatokyo but Girls either.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

YEAH, NAZIS ARE BAD. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT WAS WORSE? ANTIFA.

I think everyone saw that coming from a mile away.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Honestly it's breath of fresh air to hear "antifa oppose nazis but are still bad" instead of "actually, antifa are the real nazis". It's sad when that's the fresh air and maybe it's just because his talking points are two weeks old rather than anything else

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I'm waiting for the pivot

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RuanGacho posted:

Ha ha. Hah. You fool.

You loving fool.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

If the thorax is the price gouging and the abdomen is the looters, what does the laser sight represent?

RuanGacho posted:

We all know where this is going and that is "Hunny Bunny's new book".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The effects of looters in a crisis are initially irritating, but ultimately temporary and minuscule. A good comic.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Or the opposite, like many of your ideological predecessors.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

:agreed:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fister Roboto posted:

The effects of looters in a crisis are initially irritating, but ultimately temporary and minuscule. A good comic.

Looting is only encouraged and increased by bad business practices price gouging people in a time of crisis.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I adore this, mostly for the dead climate denier.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

those are some good ol' elephants from good ol' chip bok

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 13, 2017

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Supported"? Like, during his rule?
Also yes Stalin was a huge friend of the intellectuals.

Wait so this comic is just smearing "intellectuals", right? So why is there a picture of an anti-fascist? Is he saying all intelligent people are anti-fascists? Or all anti-fascists are intelligent?
Also loving the implication of "intelligent people" as defined as people who "don't learn".

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Frankly yeah, "that's climate change I guess" has become a regular feature of casual weather discussions recently. I wonder why that is?

Also, what did you expect when discussing the weather with a meteorologist (presumably)?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Vib Rib posted:

"Supported"? Like, during his rule?
Also yes Stalin was a huge friend of the intellectuals.
Yes. Many western intellectuals supported communism in general and Stalin in particular all the way up to 1953. And yes, Stalin actually invited these people into the Soviet Union for propaganda purposes and to increase support abroad.

quote:

Wait so this comic is just smearing "intellectuals", right? So why is there a picture of an anti-fascist? Is he saying all intelligent people are anti-fascists? Or all anti-fascists are intelligent?
Also loving the implication of "intelligent people" as defined as people who "don't learn".
The point, for the willfully dense, is that opposing facists does not necessarily make you a good guy worthy of support.

You can disagree with any point of the comparison, but seriously. The reason why political cartoons are aimed at the lowest common denominator is (among many other things) that even people who read political cartoons as a hobby are apparently REALLY bad at understanding them.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Xander77 posted:

Yes. Many western intellectuals supported communism in general and Stalin in particular all the way up to 1953. And yes, Stalin actually invited these people into the Soviet Union for propaganda purposes and to increase support abroad.
The point, for the willfully dense, is that opposing facists does not necessarily make you a good guy worthy of support.
My misunderstanding was more that I thought his commentary was on modern antifascists pushing themselves as intellectuals, not comparing them to the contemporary "intellectuals" of Stalin's time. I assumed when he talked about "intellectuals" in quotes he meant modern day intellectuals, since it's a term and a lean he uses frequently. There's precedent in him talking that way. I just didn't realize he was speaking about people from before and blaming antifascists for being like them, rather than talking solely about antifascists.
So yes, that's my bad, but you don't gotta be lovely about it.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
In Wolverton's world, every president has an office laid out like this:

Actual photo of Mexican president in his office:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

drat you, price gouging looters.

• Locked thread