Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't think that's technically missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

DisDisDis posted:

Someone said shonen romance so here's my twice yearly read Prunus Girl post

Speaking of Prunus Girl, Vampiress updated again. We learn Rin's sleeping habits, and Yuunagi gets called out on her harem.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

I have no idea who that guy is. This is starting to become a problem in Horimiya.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It was the guy who had a thing for Hori's friend (Yuki? Forehead Girl) which caused her and Toru to pretend-date and later go out for real.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Nalin posted:

I have no idea who that guy is. This is starting to become a problem in Horimiya.

I have no idea who that girl ist.

e: wait is that Sengoku's girlfriend? Did he even have a girlfriend?

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 11, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

HenryEx posted:

That is Sengoku's girlfriend, yes. She's the mascot/useless third member of the student council. She likes bugs but pretends she's scared of them so he can feel better.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

HenryEx posted:

Remi! She's been there as his girlfriend from the beginning.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Love continues to be hard, for otaku.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

(Read Cheerful Amnesia.)

(Also Mari's mom totally knows.)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mikl posted:

(Also Mari's mom totally knows.)
And she's having fun with it. :3:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Tonari-no Robot updated, with a time skip and androids becoming far more common.

e: Oh, this and the bonus after it, are the end.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 12, 2017

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
drat I really didn't want this to end.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The Takagi spinoff has gotten unbelievably cute since Nishikata started showing up again: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Karakai-Jouzu-no-Moto-Takagi-san/Ch-009?id=383705

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sindai posted:

The Takagi spinoff has gotten unbelievably cute since Nishikata started showing up again: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Karakai-Jouzu-no-Moto-Takagi-san/Ch-009?id=383705

I like how the daughter sorta switches between the Takagi/Nishikata roles in the teasing dynamic (she seems to be sorta between Takagi and Nishikata in the teasing hierarchy; she loses when it's her vs. Takagi but wins when she's against Nishikata).

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I found something I think the thread will like.

The Strongest Girl.

High school girl with Saitama's powerset (super strong, super fast, nigh-indestructible) tries to get the boy she likes to like her back, while keeping her powers hidden.

It's extremely :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah poo poo, I forgot to preorder.

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/903730219948924928

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Around the time I received my vol2 copy I went to preorder vol3, only to realise I'd already preordered it when I ordered vol1.

Though this reminded me to go preorder vol4, which is up on Amazon (at least in the UK).

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Mikl posted:

I found something I think the thread will like.

The Strongest Girl.

High school girl with Saitama's powerset (super strong, super fast, nigh-indestructible) tries to get the boy she likes to like her back, while keeping her powers hidden.

It's extremely :3:

This was great, extremely :3: and very funny.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cool interview with Akiko Higashimura's (and others) editor Yumi Sukimune

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci-fi-fantasy/shojo-beat-interview-manga-editor-yumi-sukimune/

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
This week's Kaguya sent me to the hospital.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Being Hayasaka is suffering.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Tarezax posted:

This week's Kaguya sent me to the hospital.

Ok that was funny as gently caress but they probably shouldn't have had the doc diagnose 'lovesickness' until after they did tests. Could have just been a real condition that just exacerbates with stress.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Pavlov posted:

Ok that was funny as gently caress but they probably shouldn't have had the doc diagnose 'lovesickness' until after they did tests. Could have just been a real condition that just exacerbates with stress.

I just sorta assumed they did some preliminary checks to make sure she didn't have the same condition as her mother without pulling out the big machinery

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

My heart

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Mikl posted:

Being Hayasaka is suffering.

:yeah:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Help me goons I lost my list of manga I wanna someday read in a hard drive crash and there's a specific comic I wanna find:

I forget what it was called but it was a slice of life josei manga about 3 middle aged office worker women who drink and joke about random poo poo in a bar? thanks in game boy advanced

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Help me goons I lost my list of manga I wanna someday read in a hard drive crash and there's a specific comic I wanna find:

I forget what it was called but it was a slice of life josei manga about 3 middle aged office worker women who drink and joke about random poo poo in a bar? thanks in game boy advanced

Sounds like Nomi Joshi, which is very good.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

:negative:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Yesss that's it I remember the cover art. Thank u

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
This has been mentioned before but I finally got around to reading it: AniTomo - My Brother's Friend

It is incredibly cute and funny and the main couple is too pure for life :3:
The side characters are all fantastic too.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/bwiyurin/status/906308777434943488

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I approve of that hat.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
TWO! Chapters of Real Clothes!

I'm thinking Chapter 100 is probably the end of the series. Seems like a natural conclusion point with how the story is going, at any rate.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Anyone else reading Ninja Shinobu-san no Junjou? Cute chill series about a shy girl named Shinobu (who is definitely not a ninja) and a nice guy named Hitoyoshi (who is convinced the girl is a ninja) who she has a huge crush on. It's nothing super serious and it's not drama heavy nor does it have any fanservicey moments. But it's fun.

It even introduced the boy's childhood friend, and in a twist of things she becomes Shinobu's friend and starts to feel guilty about hanging out with the guy because she doesn't want to make Shinobu feel jealous. She seems to have recently found her own romantic interest, a guy at her school who is also Definitely Not A Ninja.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I like that one a lot because it actually gives you ample demonstration of why someone might care about Hitoyoshi rather than just asserting that he is a nice person.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

RubberLuffy posted:

Anyone else reading Ninja Shinobu-san no Junjou? Cute chill series about a shy girl named Shinobu (who is definitely not a ninja) and a nice guy named Hitoyoshi (who is convinced the girl is a ninja) who she has a huge crush on. It's nothing super serious and it's not drama heavy nor does it have any fanservicey moments. But it's fun.

It even introduced the boy's childhood friend, and in a twist of things she becomes Shinobu's friend and starts to feel guilty about hanging out with the guy because she doesn't want to make Shinobu feel jealous. She seems to have recently found her own romantic interest, a guy at her school who is also Definitely Not A Ninja.

The childhood friend character is a standout for me because in literally any other shounen romance, there would be a love triangle where she'd be butting heads with Shinobu all the time, but no she honestly is just a chill girl who happens to have a lot of guy friends and it's so refreshing.

I really liked that chapter with her female friends going 'Hey, if you're always spending time alone with those guys their girlfriends will get the wrong idea' because the solution to that problem with Hitoyoshi is... she becomes friends with Shinobu and they all do fun stuff together!

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

VibrantPareidolia posted:

The childhood friend character is a standout for me because in literally any other shounen romance, there would be a love triangle where she'd be butting heads with Shinobu all the time, but no she honestly is just a chill girl who happens to have a lot of guy friends and it's so refreshing.

I really liked that chapter with her female friends going 'Hey, if you're always spending time alone with those guys their girlfriends will get the wrong idea' because the solution to that problem with Hitoyoshi is... she becomes friends with Shinobu and they all do fun stuff together!

I appreciated that as well! And the way the author executed everything made the fact that everyone remained/became friends felt organic on top of being a nice change of pace.

It' may not have the most complex plot or characters, but it's a fun and quick read. It's a shame it's ending so quickly, but the whole story has been moving at a pretty nice clip. Dragging it out would probably undermine it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's super cute and good and I'm sad it's going to be over in a few chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

not gonna lie I would keep reading if it continued to 'Hitoyoshi must now deal with his girlfriend's Totally Not Ninja family.'