Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Corky Romanovsky posted:

That's a very reductive view on how it works.

the electoral college is loving idiotic and yes hillary did lose by essentially a football stadium don't goon out about this please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lol @ the fact that a full 5 million additional voters in any state of real importance would be absolutely meaningless but a handful of obese, addled boomers can stumble into a voting both in some hellish, decaying exurbs and flip the election

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

election by combat would consistently result in genuinely better presidents at this point, lmao

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

lol @ the fact that a full 5 million additional voters in any state of real importance would be absolutely meaningless but a handful of obese, addled boomers can stumble into a voting both in some hellish, decaying exurbs and flip the election

we did it

we saved america

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

stack the court.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Vox Nihili posted:

election by combat would consistently result in genuinely better presidents at this point, lmao

president dwayne johnson body slams kim jong un and stops the nuke launch with seconds to spare

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

SKULL.GIF posted:

the electoral college is loving idiotic and yes hillary did lose by essentially a football stadium don't goon out about this please

:ironicat:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

logikv9 posted:

president dwayne johnson body slams kim jong un and stops the nuke launch with seconds to spare

this scenario is 3-5 times more plausible than the 2016 election cycle & aftermath

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

They'd have to get rid of the birthright citizenship clause so Connor McGreggor can enter the primary.

e: Howabaout a reprieve from Hillary:

https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/907821272075264001

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

loquacius posted:

Someone in my Facebook feed posted this article and, well, hachi machi

this sure is a take

I always find it hilarious when people talk about Hillary's history of "public service." Like, the lady was literally compensated tens of millions of dollars for her political career, it's not like she's selflessly sacrificing her time for the well being of America.

Office Pig posted:

thus, by a continuous shifting of loving whatever these people need knives in their skulls

The idea that any ostensibly left-wing person would find the "regular" right-wing preferable to the "far-left" is hilarious. Like, even if a liberal doesn't agree with the far left, they should still be able to acknowledge that the far left is better than the Republicans (if they actually gave a poo poo about their expressed values, that is).

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 06:36 on Sep 13, 2017

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vox Nihili posted:

shieet considering how depraved our society is, might as well go fer it

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/907829240128733184

oh those poor insurance companies whatever will they do because everybody is being so unfair and futhermore

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/roqchams/status/907839640199159809

I still can't believe this poo poo. Every one is like a new torture.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It seems a little hypocritical for the candidate who is too "pragmatic" to support single-payer to respond to "I don't have the money to pay for healthcare to find a caregiver for my mom, who has Alzheimer's" with "we should find a cure for Alzheimer's"

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

In a stunning display of prescience Hillary Clinton warned us that Donald Trump would be a bad president. She knew this all along because she picked him!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

whats amazing is that expanding medicare to help with long term care issues such as these never crossed her mind

like that should fit perfectly in her idiotic wonky worldview but nope the response to this guy's problem is telling your sycophants "guys think bigger on curing Alzheimers"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i mean the presence of trump affirms it every day but holy poo poo hillary was the worst goddamn candidate

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
guys, reading some of these recent posts, i'm kind of getting the impression... and i could be wrong here... but it kind of seems like hillary's a goddamn idiot? and a lovely dem?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Majorian posted:

He is really just a host for the soul of Fred Dutton, who the libs just won't ever let die.

Reading this is like watching a horror film. You know the type with a small virus that keep spreading until it destroys everything.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

in the meme the small brain takes are the ones that are actually correct & sane, fyi

Small Memes for small minds. I'm more of a galactic brain take myself.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

whats amazing is that expanding medicare to help with long term care issues such as these never crossed her mind

like that should fit perfectly in her idiotic wonky worldview but nope the response to this guy's problem is telling your sycophants "guys think bigger on curing Alzheimers"

her website had the alzhy cure all along, we were too sexist to vote to cure it!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
so in special election news the Democrats picked up the open rep seat in Belknap here in NH. Flipping a GOP +12 town that went +16 for Trump in 2016 and tonight went +13 for the Dem.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

OhFunny posted:

so in special election news the Democrats picked up the open rep seat in Belknap here in NH. Flipping a GOP +12 town that went +16 for Trump in 2016 and tonight went +13 for the Dem.

that was redpill guy's seat by the way

i don't wanna make a bluepill joke

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Streak posted:

guys, reading some of these recent posts, i'm kind of getting the impression... and i could be wrong here... but it kind of seems like hillary's a goddamn idiot? and a lovely dem?

In a pre- 11/9 world you'd be probated for saying things like that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nanomashoes posted:

In a stunning display of prescience Hillary Clinton warned us that Donald Trump would be a bad president. She knew this all along because she picked him!

All the "she warned us!" stuff is dumb as hell because most of the Bernie Sanders voters they're attacking (and let's not kid ourselves, that's the intended group these tweets are meant to condemn) actually voted for her and did, in fact, think Trump would be bad. They're just so absorbed in this whole narrative of Hillary, covered in rags, being whipped and beaten by the frothing masses as she selflessly sacrifices her entire life for the good of America.

edit: They basically unironically view Clinton as a Christ-like figure.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

isn't fb petty important to politics nowadays

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/roqchams/status/907831514121031680

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oh god now i remember her stupid cross country trip to iowa as her "the american people want me to run" photo-op

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh god now i remember her stupid cross country trip to iowa as her "the american people want me to run" photo-op

just chilling

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

just chilling

that was after she announced

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I...I don't think we survived election night, guys.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/568056615355740160

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

incredibly dumb

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
hillary going to chipotle was the only time her campaign ever managed to generate positive press. maybe her entire campaign should have just been visits to fast food chains

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Democrats nominated the only person in the party more out of touch with normal people than a billionaire real estate developer.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Look, in 2015 the first year of our Trump, we all knew Donald Trump would be a bad president and we also knew Hillary Clinton would be a bad candidate. But even the biggest cynic among us couldn't even fathom how bad they would be. This book helps shed some light on the latter.
Thank you for the enlightenment Missus Clinton.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MaxxBot posted:

Has any Hillary foreign policy position not been a hilarious disaster?

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/907756942851842048

Eh, pretty much everybody was infatuated with ASSK, it's not Hillary's fault she turned out to be a milkshake duck.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

hillary going to chipotle was the only time her campaign ever managed to generate positive press. maybe her entire campaign should have just been visits to fast food chains

The rest of her political career shod just be visits to fast food chains

To fight for 15, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Eh, pretty much everybody was infatuated with ASSK, it's not Hillary's fault she turned out to be a milkshake duck.

"liberal reformer" is usually code for a genocidaire who wants market access

• Locked thread