Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

brothertim posted:

Before I got the cargobob, I would just drive until the phonecall with your secretary ends then park in a semi-secluded place and exit the vehicle and wait for AI to arrive so you can kill them. You might get blasted if you're not using cover, but after 4 waves (high end cars) you'll be free to drive the car at your own pace without AI attacking you.

So the enemies are time-triggered instead of distance-triggered? That's useful. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
It's distance. If you have the pier warehouse, you can drive to the end of the pier, park the car away from you and take cover and that'll get em coming.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Akion posted:

It's distance. If you have the pier warehouse, you can drive to the end of the pier, park the car away from you and take cover and that'll get em coming.

For La Mesa, you can get to about the corner where all the homies are hangin out. Just don't get stabbed

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Hugh Malone posted:

Didn't a couple of folks in here say they see design cues from the mad max interceptor mixed in with the Aston Martin? I always remember the weird firebird-like headlights/grille of max's car so it doesn't remind me of much of that but I don't know interceptors too well

Not the Mad Max Interceptor, but the Jensen Interceptor.

Super cool cars, and the Jensen FF variant was the first passenger car to have AWD.

brothertim
Mar 6, 2013

prefect posted:

So the enemies are time-triggered instead of distance-triggered? That's useful. :tipshat:

Like others have said, it's distance, I just use the phonecall duration as a way to measure distance. For my warehouse (in the southeast part of town), I drive north one block, west one block, then north one more block and park inside a construction site and the phonecall usually ends right as I'm pulling in.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
the correct way to deliver cars is in a populated session (so you can park a couple feet from your warehouse door and watch that one guy's blip chase you half way across the map) then make the delivery the second he screeches around the corner. i've lost count how many people i've made ragequit this way.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Jose Mengelez posted:

the correct way to deliver cars is in a populated session (so you can park a couple feet from your warehouse door and watch that one guy's blip chase you half way across the map) then make the delivery the second he screeches around the corner. i've lost count how many people i've made ragequit this way.

Yeah, if you can drive and have some situational awareness you won't fail any vehicle deliveries in a lobby unless there are air vehicles about, which is a lot less of a problem than it used to be.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

CascadeBeta posted:

What's the best way to funnel money to a friend? We are going to get the loyalist heist bonus for the million, but after that, is it just I&e?

Not sure if it still works but have your friend register as a ceo (or VIP) then go sell a car at LSC. Assuming they haven't fixed this, the CEO/vip should take a 90% cut from the car sale.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Not sure if it still works but have your friend register as a ceo (or VIP) then go sell a car at LSC. Assuming they haven't fixed this, the CEO/vip should take a 90% cut from the car sale.

Does that work with personal vehicles or just cars off the street?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
If the new Rapid GT Classic doesn't have missile launchers and retractable outriggers then I'm not interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMqP7v0uSFU

Fake edit: Ok yeah I'll still buy it

Real edit: There should be a right-hand drive option at LSC. Just pay GTALondon$ and any applicable currency exchange fees!

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 12, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It really is loving rad. the rear end is super loose and it has a ton of power.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Jose Mengelez posted:

This man is playing the game the right way.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
Well this sucks. Bomb bays have stopped working in any of my custom vehicles. They work on missions, but in my personal bombers (Cuban & Rogue) the button just toggles the lights on/off.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Locobono posted:

Well this sucks. Bomb bays have stopped working in any of my custom vehicles. They work on missions, but in my personal bombers (Cuban & Rogue) the button just toggles the lights on/off.

No clue if you use keyboard or controller, but with the XBox 360 controller, you have to hold the right D-pad button while the plane's flying level. Tapping the button only releases the flares/smoke.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

You fucks think if I keep sourcing hangar supplies that it will trigger the discounted rates for upcoming drip-fed planes as soon as they release? It'd be a real shame if they make me source more loving materials to unlock even though I've done like 50+ source missions at this point.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
My pubbie frand got all his unlocks, he said notifications popped up for discounts on unreleased stuff.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I've said this before but I wish Motor Wars wasn't Halftracks: Deathmatch

Like it'd be a really cool mode if there was ever a reason to use anything else

extra whine: I wish this game's free roam duels didn't always boil down people shooting themselves after every kill to save their precious k/d ratio

Thoughtless fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 13, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hugh Malone posted:

My pubbie frand got all his unlocks, he said notifications popped up for discounts on unreleased stuff.

Yeah, we know there's a bunch of stuff coming, one a week, until probably november, and they're gonna take even more bullshit source missions to get the trade price.

There's like $30 mil left to go in poo poo that's already in the files.

There are probably gonna be weeks with just the lovely seaplane that sucks and the stuff you really want isn't gonna come out until november.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Right you are sir, hellfaucet was just asking if you can get the unlocks early, and it seems you can

So you can knock out the source missions now and just :homebrew: when they're available

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some of the source missions are so bad, i think i'll just waste the money on the full price.

I ain't following the world's slowest titan around while getting sniped from a heli 3 miles away.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Powershift posted:

Some of the source missions are so bad, i think i'll just waste the money on the full price.

I ain't following the world's slowest titan around while getting sniped from a heli 3 miles away.

the hydra trivializes all of the source missions, even the bullshit titan one becomes a fun game of buzzard whack a mole if you put it in vtol mode and let rip with the explosive cannons.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Jose Mengelez posted:

the hydra trivializes all of the source missions, even the bullshit titan one becomes a fun game of buzzard whack a mole if you put it in vtol mode and let rip with the explosive cannons.

this

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Domestic Amuse posted:

No clue if you use keyboard or controller, but with the XBox 360 controller, you have to hold the right D-pad button while the plane's flying level. Tapping the button only releases the flares/smoke.

Yeah. I think it might be the Rogue and the Cuban specifically that are bugged. The Starling works fine. Speaking of which....

https://vimeo.com/233782731

...it's really the Oppressor.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Locobono posted:

Yeah. I think it might be the Rogue and the Cuban specifically that are bugged. The Starling works fine. Speaking of which....

https://vimeo.com/233782731

...it's really the Oppressor.

Clicked and was disappointed the video wasn't of my Starling you borrowed... Was massively disappointed to find I'm still not internet famous in any way

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Powershift posted:

I wouldn't mind that mission of the helicopters ever stopped spawning.

Even with a hydra and taking down at least one chopper on each strafe the hydra was in the red by the time it was in the drop zone.

I have no idea why one $10k crate is worth about 16 buzzards for the enemies.

brothertim
Mar 6, 2013
I think someone had mentioned it previously, but I had a very easy time on that mission with my own buzzard. When the enemy buzzards spawned I would just use the cannons on their tail rotor. Just a short burst and they would spin all the way to the ground, giving about 10-15 seconds of no buzzard threat.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you can do it, that's the way to go. Tail rotor hits are the best because they buy you some room between respawns, but if you're not doing that I found the Savage makes that mission even easier than the Hydra. It's just comically easy to knock them out of the sky near instantly over and over and over. And yes, you'll shoot about 5000 helicopters down. The main concern is not hitting the Titan yourself. It's not difficult at all to keep it above the red if you don't shoot it yourself, just boring.

You will take damage though. The AI cheats on that mission so hard. Even in a 360 spin falling down to the ground, I saw a Buzzard which lost its tail rotor fire its guns and the entire burst hit the Titan's belly. The direction of fire is just irrelevant to the AI helicopters, but that's been true since - at least - the import/export sourcing missions. Rockstar can't figure out how to use the Buzzard guns right without cheating. :laugh:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Haven't done a lot of the newest Smugglers missions, but on p much any of the previous ones involving AI buzzards, if you can pop the door gunner, the buzzard will follow you impotently, not spawn more, and not magically regenerate the gunner. I know this works on IE sourcing, and theres a Gunrunning sale with Marshalls in the mountains that I've done this. Some pilots will get pretty aggro but if they can't shoot it's like punching a harmless kitten.
Was Smugglers the first set of missions that the AI actually used heli and plane mounted weapons instead of just gunners.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Dang was over at Humble store and see that GTAV is $29, with some various shark card bundles discounted too

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

50% off shark cards only means 2 of the new planes are only $50 USD instead of $100 USD.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

The $8mil card is p much the bunker/hangar starter kit

Building
Workshop/MOC
Choice of new toy airplane or tank
Regret

It's like those ads in the back of old comics for the Army Men footlocker

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Was Smugglers the first set of missions that the AI actually used heli and plane mounted weapons instead of just gunners.

no, there was at least one i/e mission where it spawns gun buzzards and comes after you. Cargobob off a barge, I believe. plus there are heist setups and contact missions where helicopters and planes will fire at you also

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I wonder how sales of the game are versus sales of Shark Cards. I wonder where the turnover is when it'd be more profitable to make GTA Online free to play..

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I just hunted down and killed with helicopter rockets two people who had red map icons and bounties on them. I feel a little bit guilty, but not too much. I've decided it's okay to kill red-icon people.

Also, I love that I can deposit money in the bank using my phone, but how does that work? Maybe it's got a shredder attachment you feed the bills into.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeeessss, good, let the hate flow through you

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I can use my check deposit app for cash. Take pics of the front and back of bills then another pick of the money on fire, and it shows up in my acct

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

prefect posted:

Also, I love that I can deposit money in the bank using my phone, but how does that work? Maybe it's got a shredder attachment you feed the bills into.

it works the same way Lester wires you stolen money from one bank to another from his laptop's login screen

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
If it's red, make it dead. That's what I always say.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hexenritter posted:

Yeeessss, good, let the hate flow through you

It felt too good, following some dude on a motorcycle and shooting rockets at him until he finally ran into a palm tree and got hit. It felt evil. :ohdear:

It was, however, a lot better than those times when I'm just standing on the sidewalk and then I explode for no apparent reason. And then a flying motorcycle goes by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How do they keep breaking this goddamn game? Not only are the bombs non-functional on some planes now, but you can't emote on the ready screen anymore. Maybe they were trying to fix the bug that depleted everyone's snacks if you used those particular emotes. It's a minor thing, but it speaks to their non-existent QA on these updates.

• Locked thread