Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Varance posted:

Latest update on the JP side brings us Tactician Nichol. He brings the buffs and puts Roy to shame. +110% partywide buffs that also increase burst stone rate, dualcastable. Spells are Blizzaja and Waterja, doublecast of course. LB is all stats up +134% at max level + protection from stat debuffs + healing + MP recovery. Can mana battery as well as Ace, plus it's dualcastable for double the return (can also buff and mana battery at the same time).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hga7_aQLvc&t=130s

by mana battery as well as ace, do you mean he's a decent but not top mana battery?

but yeah if it's dualcastable then that makes it much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cry Havoc posted:

by mana battery as well as ace, do you mean he's a decent but not top mana battery?

Who is a better mana battery than Ace? Ace is top mana battery currently. Enhanced, of course.

Shoenin posted:

What the gently caress is this meme of putting WoL on PVP

He accomplishes nothing but completely drags the fight out immensely.

That's the point. To annoy you. Seriously, it's to annoy people.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Who is a better mana battery than Ace? Ace is top mana battery currently. Enhanced, of course.
If you're using items then salve glitch Ilias, who can max out everyone's mp with as many elixers and ether/turboether/megaethers you can bring, then if you run out, spend two turns to restore 50 mp. Though if you need more then 15 full mp restores on even the longest trials, you got some problems.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 13, 2017

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Dana Crysalis posted:

This is false, there are some that have their uses, dependent on your situation.

Firion is a TM machine, if you are loaded with good TMs to staple to him he is pretty dang good damage.
Cecil is a good offhealer and budget tank.
Rydia will be one of our strongest finishers shortly, when Bahamut comes around. Only 5* though, and will get replaced when Garnet gets 6*.
Cerius is actually decent enough for bar-gas, if you have no Marie.
Butz is.... a guy. He does some things. Mostly kill himself to give someone else MP.
Exdeath is a great budget mage if you have the swordmage gear for him (Enhancer, Letters and Arms)
Camille will be an excellent chainer when she gets 6* (not available for us yet)
Timothy is one of the best breakers in the game, even though he only has 5* max. People without a 9S will want Tim.

Exdeath can be great for a newer player to use for arena too if they have no other mages.

Apparently Shantotto is a monster when she gets her buffs in the future too.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

beergod posted:

I have like a billion units man, I'm not sure. My favorite games are iv and vi but I have no idea if they're any good.

Is there like a list somewhere?

What the good people that came before probably assumed you had
https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Get some space rox.

:tipshat:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Cry Havoc posted:

40x2 MP, or 40 MP and one of his AoE stat buffs. His abilities are dualcastable.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Shoenin posted:

What the gently caress is this meme of putting WoL on PVP

He accomplishes nothing but completely drags the fight out immensely.

He's my recovery/support unit thanks to a Discernment, and Rikku's Pouch. I can win with the rest of the party, but I need someone durable to cure statuses and res when I get flasked or wrecked first turn.

This week he's not able to toss out Chaos Grenades, so he's just sort of derping around with breaks or cover.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dragonturtle posted:

More like in two days!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Shantotto is getting some good equipment soon, too.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
This banner sucks but you gotta get at least 1 Werei for his GS TM. It's such a ridiculously good TM.

Dropped an 11 roll on the banner for another chance at OK #2, got a Rainbow...My 4th Dark Fina. I get the feeling my next Rainbow is going to be Olive #4.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 13, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Just drew a Mercenary Ramza on the daily half-price draw, from gold to rainbow. Looks decent (definitely not gamechanging) now, great with Enhancements. He's more of a tanky support than an actual tank.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Just drew a Mercenary Ramza on the daily half-price draw, from gold to rainbow. Looks decent (definitely not gamechanging) now, great with Enhancements. He's more of a tanky support than an actual tank.

Merc Ramza is odd. he doesn't really... DO anything. But he can sure sit there and take a hit. After enhancements, full immunity (including Charm, even), 15% elemental resists, hefty +DEF%, and a guaranteed ST cover that you select... he's interesting, but not really what you'd call 'good'.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Merc Ramza is odd. he doesn't really... DO anything. But he can sure sit there and take a hit. After enhancements, full immunity (including Charm, even), 15% elemental resists, hefty +DEF%, and a guaranteed ST cover that you select... he's interesting, but not really what you'd call 'good'.

Sometimes you just need a damage sponge. I can see how something like that would be useful for more than a few trials.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

KataraniSword posted:

Sometimes you just need a damage sponge. I can see how something like that would be useful for more than a few trials.

He absolutely could make use of Iris's TM (Moogle Plushie, light shield, 30% Draw Attacks), combined with GOlem provoke to be a 100% provoke tank. But Wilhelm would do a better job there, unless you absolutely needed the resists.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
I pulled a Reberta who apparently is pretty good if that spreadsheet is anything to go by? I can't figure out what makes her so good though. Is this a case where I need a specific unit/a second Reberta to chain with her to really make the most out of it?

edit: For reference, these are the units I have that are currently 6* or base 5*

Rikku
Veritas of the Fire
Veritas of the Earth
Victoria
9S
A2
Refia
Agrias
Reberta
Ramza
Wilhelm

I've only been playing for a month so I have next to no TMRs. I've got one pod 153 with a second one at 86ish% and one mechanical heart at a similar percent. Oh, and whatever Adam's TMR was. Everything else is fairly low. I set up macros the other day but I only run them sometimes.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Sep 13, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Alakaiser posted:

I pulled a Reberta who apparently is pretty good if that spreadsheet is anything to go by? I can't figure out what makes her so good though. Is this a case where I need a specific unit/a second Reberta to chain with her to really make the most out of it?

edit: For reference, these are the units I have that are currently 6* or base 5*

Rikku
Veritas of the Fire
Veritas of the Earth
Victoria
9S
A2
Refia
Agrias
Reberta
Ramza
Wilhelm

I've only been playing for a month so I have next to no TMRs. I've got one pod 153 with a second one at 86ish% and one mechanical heart at a similar percent. Oh, and whatever Adam's TMR was. Everything else is fairly low. I set up macros the other day but I only run them sometimes.

Reberta can chain with a lot of things. Click here and scroll down to the 10 frame section.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6q2nji

Fohlen and Ashe are the main highlights, but if you have a 9S pod or the Acid Rain materia, they work too. To maximize her ATK, you need to snag Veritas of the Heavens TM as it acts as a spear mastery.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Decided to do an 11 roll.. got another Gilgamesh. :suicide:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

you can get 110+mp a turn with lunera, bran a bit less as his spr/mag isn't as high

you'll basically get more mp with the bards since they scale with stats but for a one and done ace is very good

Cry Havoc fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 13, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MohShuvuu posted:

Decided to do an 11 roll.. got another Gilgamesh. :suicide:

Unless you have three already your not allowed to bitch about getting another genji glove.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

anyone else sitting on a pile of moogles with nothing great to use them on?

i guess there are a few but i'd prefer to tm grind for now and wait for some awesome tms to moogle

but guess we'll have to clear a bunch of unit space for this upcoming raid

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

i guess there are a few but i'd prefer to tm grind for now and wait for some awesome tms

My rule is to sit on a minimum of a combined 100% in case I pull something like an Onion Knight or Aileen whose TM is immediately equipped right back onto itself. Anything else gets spent as needed.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cry Havoc posted:

i guess there are a few but i'd prefer to tm grind for now and wait for some awesome tms to moogle

but guess we'll have to clear a bunch of unit space for this upcoming raid

I would have said this a few hours ago but I finally pulled a Desch so he'll probably get mine.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Lol at not using your Moogles within an hour of getting them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Sitting on something like 250% worth of moogles right now. :chord:

(should probably burn 100% on the 2nd Fryevia's TM)

Dragonturtle posted:

Exdeath can be great for a newer player to use for arena too if they have no other mages.

Tornado is a multi-hit wind spell that reduces wind resist and can chain. She'll still be a fragile 5* unit but yes she can put the hurt on people in the arena.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
To be more specific, Tornado is black magic and she gains dualcast black as soon as you awaken her to 5 star.
It's also 12 hits. So 2 Shantottos can get you up to 48 hit chains.
She's pretty much a glass cannon personified.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
So I've gotten lucky with some decent summons and my first round of TMR gear is almost done , I've been eyeing up machina of destruction elt since that fist is like best in slot for anyone that can use it.

What kind of team do I need and what bare.minimums should I have before thinking about making serious attempts at it?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hi posted:

So I've gotten lucky with some decent summons and my first round of TMR gear is almost done , I've been eyeing up machina of destruction elt since that fist is like best in slot for anyone that can use it.

What kind of team do I need and what bare.minimums should I have before thinking about making serious attempts at it?

do you have two 1K+ attack 2B or A2, do you have a massively TMR'd Freyvia

do you have a Rikku

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hi posted:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

and bedile

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If you want to see how a trial fight goes you can watch one of the clear videos on the wiki to see a team loadout and what kind of numbers a trial boss throws at you. Aigaion throws a lot of big numbers at you including a single target attack that will always kill who it hits (whoever has the highest ATK unless provoked). Also depending on your approach to the fight it can take four hours as you kill giant mean HP sponges 14 times. He's also completely immune to light and dark elements as a response to Orlandu's chains wrecking bosses.

If you haven't already I'd suggest working your way up through the older trials. They basically ascend in difficulty as the power creep of the game increased and they have a bunch of TM-grade gear and materia. It should also give you an idea of what to expect from future trial fights in terms of numbers, although Aigaion is still a big jump from the previous trial bosses.

I totally cheesed the Aigaion fight during the first week of the Nier banner where a glitch made it possible to one-shot him so I can't give specifics

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Scrublord Prime posted:

He's also completely immune to light and dark elements as a response to Orlandu's chains wrecking bosses.

Meanwhile, Fryevia.. :v:

e: Orlandu/DV perfectly chain easier than her, or maybe I'm just that used to him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Fluffy posted:

Meanwhile, Fryevia.. :v:

e: Orlandu/DV perfectly chain easier than her, or maybe I'm just that used to him.

balance is why Ramza may not exist but Freyvia must

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

and free summons exist for some right after rollover

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Yea I have poor (unlucky but rich?) Mans orleandu Agrias (3 of them actually) , 2 chizuru , Gilgamesh, OK, DV, and WoL. So even just auto attacking makes everything I've encountered so far die instantly while my attacks chain another 30 times into overkill so I was feeling over confident I guess. Almost all my damage is holy or dark tho so I'm pretty unprepared.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hi posted:

Yea I have poor (unlucky but rich?) Mans orleandu Agrias (3 of them actually) , 2 chizuru , Gilgamesh, OK, DV, and WoL. So even just auto attacking makes everything I've encountered so far die instantly while my attacks chain another 30 times into overkill so I was feeling over confident I guess. Almost all my damage is holy or dark tho so I'm pretty unprepared.

you just straight up can't do the trial unless you have a unit with a reraise because of the attack that kills the highest attack team member every turn.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

you just straight up can't do the trial unless you have a unit with a reraise because of the attack that kills the highest attack team member every turn.

That seems like such an bizarre and completely arbitrary way to gate something

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hi posted:

That seems like such an bizarre and completely arbitrary way to gate something

You can do it without a re-raise unit but your margin of error goes way way down and it's really loving hard and tedious.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

basically just wait until ramza enhancements and use him as a friend unit :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Aigaion is the Gumi equivalent to flipping the desk because they broke their own game with power creep

• Locked thread