Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I...I don't think we survived election night, guys.

so optimistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Streak posted:

The rest of her political career shod just be visits to fast food chains

Ah the John Kasich strategy. Worked great for him.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

She can't even straightforwardly state the date that her campaign began, probably because of this debacle

but that's the bottom of the barrel even as far as the campaign finance subcategory of minor Clinton political debacles go. I dredged up some memories by coming across articles on the Correct the Record SuperPAC and the Hillary Victory Fund while looking for that one

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

man this book was such a bad idea politically, she really must not be planning to run because goddamn

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

safely sodomized posted:

man this book was such a bad idea politically, she really must not be planning to run because goddamn

Nobody bothered to read her books before so... :mrgw:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MizPiz posted:

People unwilling to bend the knee feeling the "Bern".

I like it.
Pictured: Bernie vs. the Yaaas Kween

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

alternatively hillary is so loving bad at politics maybe she thought this would somehow help her and everyone will beg her to run again

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's certainly a rallying point for her cult. It feels like a lot more idiots are coming out of the woodwork - attracted by the pungent aroma of her decaying public goodwill.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

safely sodomized posted:

alternatively hillary is so loving bad at politics maybe she thought this would somehow help her and everyone will beg her to run again

The book isn't for us. She just cut out the lobbyists and bankers and is ttaking her grift directly to the fans.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Not sure about unconstitutional, but some of my Bernie dreams are probably illegal in certain states :q:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

clinton "wrote" the book for the same reason she gave speeches to banks: $$$

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
While talking the merits of his UHC bill, Sanders said our current system is "wasteful and bureacratic." He's so loving fearless and good that it makes me worry how we'll manage without him.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vox Nihili posted:

clinton "wrote" the book for the same reason she gave speeches to banks: $$$

I'll need a Verrit on that.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeb! Repetition posted:

While talking the merits of his UHC bill, Sanders said our current system is "wasteful and bureacratic." He's so loving fearless and good that it makes me worry how we'll manage without him.

Hilary's gonna wait till he dies so she can run again without getting bernt

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

I'll need a Verrit on that.

Verritt code 42069420666

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

He just straight up stole terms from libertarians yet used them more more honestly and accurately. It's the same as how he totally crushed all of Ted Cruz's right-libertarian pretenses with stuff like "access doesn't mean a drat thing" and "funny how you always say rich people's freedoms are the good kind and poor people's freedoms are the bad kind"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
its amazing that nobody can defeat hillary so thankfully hillary is defeating hillary because she is the best at everything so she's doing just that :allears:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Streak posted:

Verritt code 42069420666

I'm convinced now.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

He has this perfect understanding of both his enemies' (and I mean his true ones, not Hillary Clinton) logic and how they make their evil appealing and fights it on both fronts. I hope he at least has some kind of apprentice he's been training that he'll reveal on his deathbed

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

its amazing that nobody can defeat hillary so thankfully hillary is defeating hillary because she is the best at everything so she's doing just that :allears:

But then if she continues to retain a small subset of supporters, would that not be the supporters' faults for limiting her ability to defeat herself???

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Normie Chomsky posted:

But then if she continues to retain a small subset of supporters, would that not be the supporters' faults for limiting her ability to defeat herself???

show me a person, and i will show you how they failed me

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

tbh hillary is right i do want to blow up the system and undermine the capitalist white supreme cis-patriarchy. wanna do it real bad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

safely sodomized posted:

but what if she is such a bad campaigner/candidate that she is

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

safely sodomized posted:

It would be entirely congruent with what we know of Hillary Clinton at this point if she thinks that A. this book actually helps her, and B. that she's going to run again on the back of it.

E:

The truth about Candace Aiston

https://twitter.com/buttermilkbup/status/903756262994792452
https://twitter.com/buttermilkbup/status/907379410075922432
https://twitter.com/buttermilkbup/status/907381861210398720
https://twitter.com/emeralddeevee/status/907411994105356290
https://twitter.com/emeralddeevee/status/907412990579707904

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 10:29 on Sep 13, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Before me, you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is in your nature to do one thing correctly: Tremble. But fear is not what you owe me. No, Lounds... you and the others — you owe me awe!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

whats even real anymore

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

remember when people yelled about how hillary was literally no different from bernie except less racist in this subforum for like a year

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
listened to the pod save america interview with lot's wife last night and i gotta say, she makes a strong argument for turning back

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ok, just saw the paragraph of her misreading 1984 and i'm going to go live in the woods now

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
God drat is twitter ever a lovely place full of goddamn corn cobs holy gently caress.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

meanwhile:

quote:

just 30% of Likely U.S. Voters believe Clinton still has a future in public life. Sixty-one percent (61%) say it’s time for her to retire, up from 55% just after she lost the presidential election to Trump last November.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Joementum posted:

ok, just saw the paragraph of her misreading 1984 and i'm going to go live in the woods now

When it comes to 1984 you need to think bigger.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

safely sodomized posted:

remember when people yelled about how hillary was literally no different from bernie except less racist in this subforum for like a year

the suck zone: kind of between center right and center left

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I always find it hilarious when people talk about Hillary's history of "public service." Like, the lady was literally compensated tens of millions of dollars for her political career, it's not like she's selflessly sacrificing her time for the well being of America.

The idea that any ostensibly left-wing person would find the "regular" right-wing preferable to the "far-left" is hilarious. Like, even if a liberal doesn't agree with the far left, they should still be able to acknowledge that the far left is better than the Republicans (if they actually gave a poo poo about their expressed values, that is).

your mishearing, its her history of public servants (state-supplied prison slaves)

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
so i've been catching up with the hundreds of posts since yesterday about hillary

and i just wanna say, imagine the mindset of someone who writes a book like that, reads it back to herself and then thinks "okay lets publish this it'll make me look good"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

election by combat would consistently result in genuinely better presidents at this point, lmao

:yeah:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/907776989423128576

despite bumbling around tripping on their own dicks the dems are prob going to win

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

safely sodomized posted:

despite bumbling around tripping on their own dicks the dems are prob going to win

should be easy now that we know what happened

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Joementum posted:

should be easy now that we know what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Voting for the Shillster is an indelible stain in your life. You'll spend your days in hell with her, just chillin' in Cedar Rapids

• Locked thread