Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Next time I'm injured, I'm definitely going to call this guy to get the compensation I deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

H-he's only realizing these things now??

Also nice work shoddily cut-pasting the girl three times. yes I know what kind of quality I should expect in this thread

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vib Rib posted:

"Supported"? Like, during his rule?
Also yes Stalin was a huge friend of the intellectuals.

Wait so this comic is just smearing "intellectuals", right? So why is there a picture of an anti-fascist? Is he saying all intelligent people are anti-fascists? Or all anti-fascists are intelligent?
Also loving the implication of "intelligent people" as defined as people who "don't learn".

Look, it's obvious drinky-duck is anti-education and anti-intellectual as well as being anti-things that are good. But being an intellectual doesn't automatically make you intelligent or vice versa.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

someday that Prickly City strip will be reviewed by a professional at whatever inpatient care facility Stantis (Allie?) winds up at

like I'm halfway between 'lmao you doofus' and 'pls get help before you do something much stupider'

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

lmao nice.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Have you considered...not being a Republican?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
That cognitive dissonance

:discourse:

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
You guys I feel like some of you are taking this as an actual prickly city cartoon and I am honor bound to admit that it is in fact an edit, meant to illustrate how lazy Allie is. I Didn't even think about it actually presenting a coherent message, I just pasted panels of the girl yelling.

Starving Wolf fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Sep 13, 2017

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Starving Wolf posted:

You guys I feel like some of you are taking this as an actual prickly city cartoon and I am honor bound to admit that it is in fact an edit, meant to illustrate how lazy Allie is. I Didn't even think about it actually presenting a coherent message, I such pasted panels of the girl yelling.

Fuuuck, you got me. I have no excuses, exiting the thread now

toa the noradian

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
It was an edit of this, right?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Why the gently caress is Stantis still a Republican if he knows he can't question dogma anymore but he wants to question dogma?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Starving Wolf posted:

You guys I feel like some of you are taking this as an actual prickly city cartoon and I am honor bound to admit that it is in fact an edit, meant to illustrate how lazy Allie is. I Didn't even think about it actually presenting a coherent message, I just pasted panels of the girl yelling.

hahahaha it reads so genuinely, I never would have known; you cad, you

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Throwing Turtles posted:

This is some guy named Gorrell. You've probably never heard of him.

October 6 1986 Reno Gazette-Journal

I'm gonna be honest, if the signature wasn't exactly the same I would have never guessed it was the same artist.

Jan 29 1986 Reno Gazette-Journal

This was a great post. I just want to point out for context: these two Gorrells are attacking President Reagan for daring to enter into nuclear disarmament discussions with the Soviet Union. So if anyone wants an example of how the actual Reagan was too left-wing for modern Republicans, here you go.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Lurdiak posted:

Look, it's obvious drinky-duck is anti-education and anti-intellectual as well as being anti-things that are good. But being an intellectual doesn't automatically make you intelligent or vice versa.
I always thought that an "intellectual" is a learned and intelligent person. Is that not the case?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
an "intellectual" is a wanker

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

toanoradian posted:

Have you considered...not being a Republican?

But then my morals and Ideals!?!?!?! Democrats or other parties don't have those! Those are a Republican thing only.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hope 2020 gives us a sea of GOP challengers to Trump so we can watch Stantis pinball from losing candidate to losing candidate again.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Proposed budget next year for...

Department of Defense: $639 billion

Department of Energy science R&D: $6.4 billion
NASA Earth science: $1.8 billion

Why won't the President sit around and twiddle his thumbs while we fight amongst ourselves? :qq:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Proposed budget next year for...

Department of Defense: $639 billion

Department of Energy science R&D: $6.4 billion
NASA Earth science: $1.8 billion

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looks like after his long summer vacation, Kelly took the week off :(

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Gotta make up for lost whiskey sours.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

God I forgot about this guy and his massively antisemitic Gore caricatures. Does he still do cartoons, or has death mercifully claimed him?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

seiferguy posted:

Looks like after his long summer vacation, Kelly took the week off :(

Where does Kelly live anyway?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Iron Crowned posted:

Real America. :911:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Erenthal posted:

God I forgot about this guy and his massively antisemitic Gore caricatures. Does he still do cartoons, or has death mercifully claimed him?

Wait, that's not an edit? It looks like the same style as the "no not my butt" cartoon.

Disclaimer: memory is a fallible thing, so they're probably not as similar as I think.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

Wait, that's not an edit? It looks like the same style as the "no not my butt" cartoon.

Disclaimer: memory is a fallible thing, so they're probably not as similar as I think.

https://www.oneimage.org/Images/pages/01cartoon271.htm

Also that site answered my question, since he keeps trucking on in 2017. These might have been posted already, my eyes must just have glanced of off them in that case.

His website is also a majestic thing, straight outta 1998.

Why do the good like Duke Neosanders die young while people like this guy here just keep going?

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 13, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Kopijeger posted:

Actual photo of Mexican president in his office:

Now what kind of books does a president keep behind his desk

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vib Rib posted:

I always thought that an "intellectual" is a learned and intelligent person. Is that not the case?

It's more like a... mindset, I wanna say? An intellectual is someone who puts value in increasing their knowledge for its own sake, and thinking about complex things, trying to understand issues that don't directly affect them, etc. Someone can be an intellectual while not being particularly intelligent, in my view. And someone can be really smart and have no interest in that sort of thing and just apply themselves to more pragmatic pursuits, like, I dunno, fixing cars.

That's my understanding of the term, anyway. It's like the difference between being really strong and being "into fitness".

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

That being said, anyone who declares themselves to be "intellectual" deserves swirlies forever.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Nice strawman there. Even Al Gore gets that biofuels are NOT the solution (he's been backing solar and wind). In fact I don't recall Gore even mentioning biofuels in his documentaries.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
He's a jewish slave driver what more do you want

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I wish I was as principled a child as Carmen, sticking to her conservative values after repeated savage beatings from her political brethren

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Yeah, plus the term "intellectual" nowadays has a growing connotation of wanting to divorce any non-"objective" statements from any sort of discussion. This ranges from a general disdain for the "soft" sciences, to alt-right trolls declaring ideological victory whenever they make someone angry.

This sort of thinking leads to Garrison's portrayal of gays, trans people, liberals, and anyone working for any sort of social change as screaming, crying, thrashing idiots. They're emotional, therefore they have lost the argument, unlike me, an intellectual. :smug:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

*sits in bathrobe, drinking arbor mist from a plastic glass*

"Why do these libs even act so oddly? They can't even see the evidence in front of them, demonstrating the Black's reduced mental capacity"

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
:siren: This post contains lots of Gorrell :siren:

Here is a collection of mostly forgettable Gorrell. Fun irrelevant fact, my hometown had a highly regarded educator named Bob Gorrell. This made searching for his name less painful, but also less useful.

You can ignore any clipped headlines, they aren't relevant to the comic.

May 20 1985
(caption) Things sure have been peaceful, since the Israelis pulled out...

July 8 1985

March 8 1987
(caption) By golly, it's true... he is more open..."

August 31 1988

November 2 1988

June 7 1989

August 17 1989
(caption) It's just their flag that gets them mad... you can desecrate Americans all you want!...

November 4 1989

February 19 1990

And a sneak preview.

January 1994

Throwing Turtles fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 13, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Plagiarism lawsuit from Ramirez incoming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Depends, it seemed like the vacation trip began in New Orleans, so Kelly and his son's family might live relatively close. On the other hand, the accent they gave him in this video doesn't sound very Southern:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGVrd1ih6cs

• Locked thread