Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol £36 for Issac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sakurazuka posted:

lol £36 for Issac

I'm pretty sure it's close in price to the PC version if you add both the DLC packs that are included.

No one buy Double Dragon 4, please. It's an absolute piece of poo poo. I wish it was Neon getting a release instead.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Isaac just got to non-US places? gently caress Nicalis so hard. They are legit the worst developer that owns a game worth anything. Isaac is a 7 year old game with no language. How the gently caress can they justify a 6 month release of a game that has like 15 words to be translated?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Fremry posted:

Isaac just got to non-US places? gently caress Nicalis so hard. They are legit the worst developer that owns a game worth anything. Isaac is a 7 year old game with no language. How the gently caress can they justify a 6 month release of a game that has like 15 words to be translated?

Nicalis isn't releasing it outside the US. They only operate in the US as dealing with distribution in the EU etc isn't trivial for a minor player.

Headup games is doing it in the EU, and I imagine it took a bit of time getting that deal worked out.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's also the updated version from 2014 with the current add-ons.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

drat, last night I booted up my Wii U for the first time all year and really wanted to get Fatal Frame. I loved the free demo I played of it when it came out, but never got it. Didn't realize it was still full price in the eshop. That might be a little steep. Here's hoping for a Halloween sale on it?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Isaac is good. I never played it until I got my Switch. $40 seemed steep but I ended up playing it just as much as BotW.

Is that NeuroVoider game going to be good?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

If you have ever contemplated getting a WiiU, even for just one or two games, EB Games is flogging refurbished Premium WiiU's on their eBay page for $163.40 AUD. It's listed at $200, but put in the code PICNIC at checkout and you'll get it the lower price. Do it now, while you can get one intact with a working gamepad for a decent price.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ausgoons

If you have ever contemplated getting a WiiU, even for just one or two games, EB Games is flogging refurbished Premium WiiU's on their eBay page for $163.40 AUD. It's listed at $200, but put in the code PICNIC at checkout and you'll get it the lower price. Do it now, while you can get one intact with a working gamepad for a decent price.

That seems like a pretty good price.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

MarcusSA posted:

That seems like a pretty good price.

I thought so too, until I noticed that it was :australia: :20bux:, in which I'd say it's a fantastic loving deal.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ausgoons

That's about $113.40 more than I'm willing to pay for one

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

EB Games is having yet another clearance sale, except there's some decent bargains this time. Like Wind Waker HD for $12AUD.

SMTIV: Apocalypse is also all of $35AUD for the 3DS.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

wind waker hd for prices far greater than that is worth it, with or without miiverse

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

wind waker hd for prices far greater than that is worth it, with or without miiverse

holy hell that is a confusing sentence

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Augus posted:

holy hell that is a confusing sentence

sorry i was a bit drunk on cheap beer

wind waker hd good, buy it

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

alf_pogs posted:

sorry i was a bit drunk on cheap beer

wind waker hd good, buy it

Can I just note how amused I am that WWHD is $20 while TPHD is still $50 :allears:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Can I just note how amused I am that WWHD is $20 while TPHD is still $50 :allears:

TPHD came out 2 and half years after WWHD did.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Announced in the Direct that Hamster's Arcade Archives will be releasing Nintendo's old games. That's pretty rad! Shame the legal issues around the code mean we won't get Donkey Kong but :shrug:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

[quote="“Box of Bunnies”" post="“476373755”"]
Announced in the Direct that Hamster’s Arcade Archives will be releasing Nintendo’s old games. That’s pretty rad! Shame the legal issues around the code mean we won’t get Donkey Kong but :shrug:
[/quote]

I’m sure we’ll get Donkey Kong. Nintendo paying off that dude would outweigh how much it would sell for them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also Project Octopath Travelers (Working Title) has a demo on the Switch eShop now, for people curious about the game.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Box of Bunnies posted:

Announced in the Direct that Hamster's Arcade Archives will be releasing Nintendo's old games. That's pretty rad! Shame the legal issues around the code mean we won't get Donkey Kong but :shrug:

DK Jr is under that same issue isn't it?

But lets be honest this is all worth it so we can finally get proper re-releases of Sheriff and Radarscope

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Looks like Axiom Verge for the Switch was pushed back a month or so.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

JustJeff88 posted:

Looks like Axiom Verge for the Switch was pushed back a month or so.

Given that it seems to be $20 now and I could have sworn it was 30-40 on first announce, I'm pretty okay with that

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Given that it seems to be $20 now and I could have sworn it was 30-40 on first announce, I'm pretty okay with that

Where did you see that? Amazon is still showing the Switch version at $30 for the regular edition and $40 for the Multiverse edition, not including the Prime discount for physical copies.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What issue are you talking about? They've released arcade Donkey Kong on the 3ds as a limited promotion and they've released DK64 on WiiU which contains an arcade port of Donkey Kong. I'm pretty sure they can put out loving Donkey Kong if they wanted. They didn't let god drat Universal pictures stop them.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
They're also including Super FX games with the SNES Classic, they can deal with this poo poo if they want to

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

JustJeff88 posted:

Where did you see that? Amazon is still showing the Switch version at $30 for the regular edition and $40 for the Multiverse edition, not including the Prime discount for physical copies.

Why can't you screencap the store, nintendo :negative:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What issue are you talking about? They've released arcade Donkey Kong on the 3ds as a limited promotion and they've released DK64 on WiiU which contains an arcade port of Donkey Kong. I'm pretty sure they can put out loving Donkey Kong if they wanted. They didn't let god drat Universal pictures stop them.

The contractors that programmed the arcade version of Donkey Kong, Ikegami Tsushinki, sued Nintendo over ownership of the game's code in the early 80s and it was eventually settled out of court. The "Original Edition" Donkey Kong that was available promotionally was actually the NES version with the missing level hacked back in rather than an arcade port, and the version in DK64 was presumably recreated from scratch by Rare.

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 14, 2017

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

FAST rmx update is pretty cool, they added multiple sensitivities instead of just on/off for HD rumble, and now you can see people you played with recently like every other game and send friend requests.
The 6 tracks added are really good, they're all remixes where they take two stages and mix them together so I guess they're not brand new courses but they really feel like it.

Not to mention the Japanese release should add some more online players

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Box of Bunnies posted:

The contractors that programmed the arcade version of Donkey Kong, Ikegami Tsushinki, sued Nintendo over ownership of the game's code in the early 80s and it was eventually settled out of court. The "Original Edition" Donkey Kong that was available promotionally was actually the NES version with the missing level hacked back in rather than an arcade port, and the version in DK64 was presumably recreated from scratch by Rare.

If they managed to recreate it from scratch holy poo poo its pretty much on point.

But this doesn't explain all those machines with DK, DKJr and Mario Bros that had to have been made after the 80s.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
The addiction begins all over again with Picross S hitting Switch next week.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Box of Bunnies posted:

Ah jeez. I'll buy this day one and play it to completion just like I did with every single iteration of Picross on the 3DS, but I'm not convinced it'll work as well as the DS's "d-pad + stylus" control scheme. This is why no iOS version of Picross has stuck for me..

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

omg I still haven't finished all the puzzles in Picross 3D Round 2, or any of the Picross-e games except the first one. :stare:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Box of Bunnies posted:

hnnngggh

Thank you for my life, Jupiter.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Froist posted:

Ah jeez. I'll buy this day one and play it to completion just like I did with every single iteration of Picross on the 3DS, but I'm not convinced it'll work as well as the DS's "d-pad + stylus" control scheme. This is why no iOS version of Picross has stuck for me..

Picross is an intuitive game with just button controls

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Box of Bunnies posted:

$8? That is a no brainer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Box of Bunnies posted:

Finally!!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fremry posted:

$8? That is a no brainer.

Oh yeah $8? Easy buy.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Here's this week's drop.

Switch
ACA Neo Geo Art of Fighting | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Arcade Archives Mario Bros. | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only) (Sept 27)
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 | NA | PAL | $49.99 / £54.99 / €59.99 (eShop / Retail) (Sept 22)
Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game | NA | PAL | $59.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop / Retail) (Sept 22 NA / Oct 6 PAL)
Pokken Tournament DX | NA | PAL | $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (eShop / Retail) (Sept 22)
Sine Mora EX | NA | PAL | $29.99 / £ ? / € ? (eShop / Retail) (Sept 26 NA / ? PAL)
SteamWorld Dig 2 | NA | PAL | $ ? / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Thimbleweed Park | NA | PAL | $19.99 / £14.99 / €19.99 (eShop Only)

WiiU
Chew Man Fu (TG16 VC) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)
Shockman (TG16 VC) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)
Super Ultra Star Shooter | NA | PAL | $ ? / £1.79 / €1.99 (eShop Only) (Sept 28 NA / Sept 21 PAL)

3DS
Frutakia | NA | PAL | $3.95 / £ / € ? (eShop Only)
Pokemon Gold (GBC VC) | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only) (Sept 22)
Pokemon Silver (GBC VC) | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only) (Sept 22)

New 3DS
36 Fragments of Midnight | NA | PAL | $ ? / £2.69 / €2.99 (eShop Only) (? NA / Sept 21 PAL)
Guide the Ghost | NA | PAL | $1.49 / £1.39 / €1.49 (eShop Only)

Fairly meaty week.

The first title in the Arcade Archives series, Mario Bros, is dropping this week. Announced during last week's Nintendo Direct, these are ports of Arcade versions of NES titles. Note that this is lovely, regular Mario Bros. The ports are by Hamster, who are handling the ACA NeoGeo games. They seem to be priced the same, which seems a bit steep for what are essentially still NES games, though. Also note that this is dated for Sept 27 - not sure why it's dropping on a Wednesday, although that could be the Japanese date (even though both the NOA and NOE sites are reporting it also).

A few retail Switch games are also dropping tomorrow - Not only Pokken Tournament DX, but also Dragonball Xenoverse 2 and the Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame. On the eShop front, Thimbleweed Park is a point and click adventure by Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, who worked on early LucasArts adventure titles. It was released on other platforms earlier this year after a successful Kickstarter, and has pretty positive reviews. I haven't had a chance to play it yet myself, but I'm definitely interested in it. SteamWorld Dig 2 is also releasing on Switch this week, and is also getting good reviews. Also, apparently Sine Mora EX is releasing on Tuesday in NA - according to NOA's site, anyway.

WiiU is getting some more TG-16 Virtual Console games in NA, with a shovelware-looking shoot-em-up releasing in PAL region. That's apparently coming next week in NA, which I'm sure you're all excited about.

3DS is getting Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver on the Virtual Console. You can pre-purchase/pre-load it, and it will be unlocked on Friday. Also, if you pre-purchase, you get a one-use code to obtain a Celebi in Pokemon Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
How is SteamWorld Dig for the 3DS? SteamWorld Dig 2 hit the Switch shop today and reviews look great, but I missed the first one and am curious if it's worth playing first.