Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Michaellaneous posted:

I watched a few streams and wow, RAID looks really bad.

Bear in mind it's an actual beta, not just a pseudo beta promotion. The devs have been completely reworking things with each update, and the game is already way better than it was when this started.

A lot of the design is built off of payday 1, rather than 2- or is entirely its own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Discendo Vox posted:

Bear in mind it's an actual beta, not just a pseudo beta promotion. The devs have been completely reworking things with each update, and the game is already way better than it was when this started.

A lot of the design is built off of payday 1, rather than 2- or is entirely its own thing.

Yeah, there's still work to be done, but the game is already better than what it started as. Especially because they gave me the ability to use a BAR.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

In WW2 related talk, the Aldstone's Heritage guns are fun as hell now that I finally played with them. The luger's pretty much revolver damage but with more rounds, the MP40 is just fun to spray around and hot drat the garand is legit great.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The Garand is what happens when you secretly slip a Speed Pull Mag onto the M308.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

maswastaken posted:

The Garand is what happens when you secretly slip a Speed Pull Mag onto the M308.

Unless you do a tactical reload.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.
The Garand: the one rifle where it's faster to reload by emptying it first.

Wish I could find a 23 round en bloc clip for one.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

God yes. I'm not much of one for the M308, but the Galant is loving great. (And I continue to still smile a little when I hear that reload ping.) Not so hot on the MP40 or the Parabellum, though.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I still don't get why every new SMG gets like a mag and a half of ammo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Plan Z posted:

Yeah that's the biggest buzzkill, it's ammo pickup doesn't feel great either, it's a fun gun but it's got that dumb feeling where I can use it for a while, then I put it in my back pocket for a while until it's got it's two magazines back.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Plan Z posted:

because it's 80 damage, woah needs a serious drawback to be doing 80 damage. Think of how BE would work with eighty damage on Deathwish, it'd be too much

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I like that the stealth in Raid is a lot more forgiving than PD2 as well. Sneaking around the woods bum-rushing camps of Nazis and knifing them for gold is fun.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

ArkInBlack posted:

because it's 80 damage, woah needs a serious drawback to be doing 80 damage. Think of how BE would work with eighty damage on Deathwish, it'd be too much
Why, with that ammo capacity, MP40 could kill a whole sixteen heavies!

Liquid Communism posted:

I like that the stealth in Raid is a lot more forgiving than PD2 as well. Sneaking around the woods bum-rushing camps of Nazis and knifing them for gold is fun.
It's only forgiving if you manage to murder absolutely everyone who notices everyone else screaming and shooting. Of course, camping the radios and murdering absolutely everyone probably isn't so difficult on Hunters.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 12, 2017

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

maswastaken posted:

It's only forgiving if you manage to murder absolutely everyone who notices everyone else screaming and shooting. Of course, camping the radios and murdering absolutely everyone probably isn't so difficult on Hunters.

Oh poo poo, there are actual physical radios on Hunters? I assumed the yelling and shooting just alerted everyone.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So we're having Crimefest 2017 right? Or are they just going to avoid that and make up some other event?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Gort posted:

Oh poo poo, there are actual physical radios on Hunters? I assumed the yelling and shooting just alerted everyone.
Enemies have to actually call in for back up to end stealth and they don't have anything more portable.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Crabtree posted:

So we're having Crimefest 2017 right? Or are they just going to avoid that and make up some other event?

Yes, and Overkill has promised to gently caress up fix the difficulties.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

UnknownMercenary posted:

One Down: Added an extra down.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

maswastaken posted:

Enemies have to actually call in for back up to end stealth and they don't have anything more portable.

Yeah, it completely makes sense. I guess I just underestimated the game and expected the enemies to have ear-radios like they do in Payday.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

UnknownMercenary posted:

Right, its just we've got three more weeks of September left and they haven't spoken anything about it in months. Usually they kick off late September, right?

Gort posted:

Yeah, it completely makes sense. I guess I just underestimated the game and expected the enemies to have ear-radios like they do in Payday.

They sort of do in the sense that they will hear screams of people getting killed and panic from that if you stab a goose stepper too close to other nazis.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Well they already did their awful "use a constantly crashing website to redeem a code for an in-game cosmetic" for the WW2 cross-promotion, so maybe they've gotten it out of their system for this year's Crimefest. :v:

If not, I'd expect that to be happening soon.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Crabtree posted:

They sort of do in the sense that they will hear screams of people getting killed and panic from that if you stab a goose stepper too close to other nazis.

I think this was patched out day 2 or so, actually

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Crabtree posted:

Right, its just we've got three more weeks of September left and they haven't spoken anything about it in months.

Remember the skill trees revamp, where they (effectively) engaged the community and built actual hype for a previewed, tested, and polished rebalance which went over extremely well and generally improved the game far more than not?

jules, apparently, does not :allears: and to be honest, that concerns me about October's annual "change the entire way you play this game without any warning, deal with it" pattern

I hope it's actually all his fault because boy do I sure blame him for everything! The new Goldfarb.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

Remember the skill trees revamp, where they (effectively) engaged the community and built actual hype for a previewed, tested, and polished rebalance which went over extremely well and generally improved the game far more than not?

jules, apparently, does not :allears: and to be honest, that concerns me about October's annual "change the entire way you play this game without any warning, deal with it" pattern

I hope it's actually all his fault because boy do I sure blame him for everything! The new Goldfarb.
Hell at this point I'd take another weapon rebalance mixup where it's spotty when dropped but fixed most of the glaring issues pretty fast and continued constantly working on it over time instead of dropping the difficulty update, seeing everyone talk about how it's terrible and, uh, do nothing I guess?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

UnknownMercenary posted:

Well they already did their awful "use a constantly crashing website to redeem a code for an in-game cosmetic" for the WW2 cross-promotion, so maybe they've gotten it out of their system for this year's Crimefest. :v:

If not, I'd expect that to be happening soon.

Speaking of constantly crashing, how's the stability on RAID?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

My favourite part is they spent a lot of that time also refining things that people thought were bad and giving them dedicated trees (most automatic guns, turrets) and then turning around and making GBS threads all over that development progress in favour of catering to a very vocal hardcore minority.

FAUXTON posted:

Speaking of constantly crashing, how's the stability on RAID?

Doesn't crash that often but it has a lot of networking problems.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, I get a few really lovely moments where it loses sync at the end of a map and you don't get any rewards because you lost the host before the game delivered them.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
So I haven't played Payday 2 in the longest time but now there's like 2 new heisters and a bunch of new maps and I'm back in. All my mods are broken and although BLT seems to have been updated it looks like Goonmod and Pocohud are gone for good? What's the current replacement for these things to get a HUD that isn't rear end and some nice quality-of-life improvements?

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Doodmons posted:

So I haven't played Payday 2 in the longest time but now there's like 2 new heisters and a bunch of new maps and I'm back in. All my mods are broken and although BLT seems to have been updated it looks like Goonmod and Pocohud are gone for good? What's the current replacement for these things to get a HUD that isn't rear end and some nice quality-of-life improvements?

Nothing yet. They changed the LUA mods to be some other code base, so it will take a while to convert them over.

darkcloud
Sep 22, 2006
I own both games on Steam but haven't got round to playing either one yet. What's the single player like?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darkcloud posted:

I own both games on Steam but haven't got round to playing either one yet. What's the single player like?

Basically nonexistent.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Doodmons posted:

Pocohud is being maintained by someone else now but for some reason uses Dropbox and only talks about it here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/15/1457328846183663967/

I like to use HUDList in addition to it. It tracks active buffs, joker/sentry status and a bunch of other stuff: https://bitbucket.org/pjal3urb/gameinfomanager (dependency) and https://bitbucket.org/pjal3urb/hudlist (actual mod).

darkcloud posted:

Payday 2: Very sturdy but very stupid bots whose very existence makes you unreasonably powerful.
RAID: Kind of sturdy but kind of stupid bots who are a little better about scoring kills, I guess.

Play with goons. They're also kind of stupid but they're much better at carrying bags.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Join us on the goon discord, too!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
How viable is a saw, gruber kruz, ECM feedback, yakuza build for one down?

Asking for a friend.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
not

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Delete friend.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

EorayMel posted:

Asking for a friend.

:sever:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

EorayMel posted:

Asking for a friend.
Not even for Transport.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

swims posted:

Delete friend.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/SNIPEorDIE360/status/908807517404323840

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU