Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Who would fire someone for such a tame and obvious joke? Dude sounds like a joyless rear end in a top hat, Dustin dodged a bullet. But of course it just means he's a lazy millennial and blah blah blah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
But see, he should take what he can get and be thankful he's getting a paycheck and this mentality is definitely not why so many workplaces are hellholes.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BC

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Baby Blues

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Spirit of the Staircase

Barkeater Lake

Bad Machinery

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Lucky Cow

Back to B.C.

Random Acts of Nancy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

That panel order is execrable.

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Tunicate posted:

That panel order is execrable.

Agreed.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space GUy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

Do I want to know?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Evil Mastermind posted:

Do I want to know?

You should always use a condom when playing with produce.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Zits

Reply All

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Mea Culpa posted:

Bad Machinery

I'm a huge fan of Bad Machinery. Please always be posting.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Haifisch posted:

2002 Spiderman

Thanks for just abandoning your car in the street, rear end in a top hat, that's really going to help with the whole traffic situation.

There is a sandworm emerging to eat them, right? That's what Jam Esallen was attempting to draw?

quote:

Apartment 3-G

Well that sounds like quite an ordeal, Bart! Thank goodness you managed to survive!

"That's wonderful, Bart! Welp, that's my bus! My lawyer will be in touch!"

Sometimes I like to write my own endings when the comics won't cooperate. :gbsmith:

It doesn't happen very often, but up through the middle panel I was like, gently caress yeah, Luann! And then the last panel brought me right back to the familiar "gently caress you, Luann" territory. It gives me the distinct impression that Luann likes Tara Starr not because Tara's a nice person or because Luann believes in second chances or because of any reason that has to do with treating a human being like a human being rather than a means to an end, but because Luann's suddenly decided to be adventurous and "Befriend hardened criminal for KICKS because I am BAD AND WILD" is on her Itch List.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Mastermind posted:

Do I want to know?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is an acquired taste.

Working Daze is back on this for some reason.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix goes viral.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
So is it a web comic eligibility debate time again? (Bad Machinery)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Haifisch posted:

2002 Spiderman
Ah yes, drinking it will make it work quicker than injecting it! This is definitely how science works.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Brewster Rockit Space GUy
But if you overpay your bills they just reduce the next bill by that amount. He'd still only be 5 cents down no matter how long it went on for.

Kennel posted:

I was going to say, I like Bad Machinery but isn't it a webcomic?

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Huh, so according to Rex Morgan, it's easier for me to adopt an abandoned child than it was for me to adopt my current kitten hell-beast from the local cat-protection league. Good to know.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ms Boods posted:

Huh, so according to Rex Morgan, it's easier for me to adopt an abandoned child than it was for me to adopt my current kitten hell-beast from the local cat-protection league. Good to know.
I think the mother already had a lawyer do all the paperwork in advance, on the assumption that the Morgans would go along with it?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (January 26, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (January 26, 1996)

Garfield Classic (January 26, 1986)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

What's the deal with... *rolls dice* ...paint colors?!

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Sep 13, 2017

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Yesssss. Let the meddle flow through you.

Miss Mary with this weak-rear end "asking for a friend" poo poo. smh.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

TofuDiva posted:

Ballard Street

What a silly question. Clearly, it is.

Julet Esqu posted:

There is a sandworm emerging to eat them, right? That's what Jam Esallen was attempting to draw?
Yeah I think that was especially hard to make out because of how the gradient just shows through it.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Grab your partner do-si-do
While the wind blows horses too and fro

Mary Worth

"There's also this guy who is available but he's a total weenie."

The Phantom

Bold?!? You want bold?!?! Cowboy Diana's Own Original Red-Hot Ri-co-chet Barbecue Sauce!

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Tiggum posted:

I think the mother already had a lawyer do all the paperwork in advance, on the assumption that the Morgans would go along with it?
It appears so, but I still don't think realistically it works that way.

Aparrtment 3-G

Booooooo!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Johnny Walker posted:

The Phantom

Bold?!? You want bold?!?! Cowboy Diana's Own Original Red-Hot Ri-co-chet Barbecue Sauce!

This isn't bold, it's decidedly unbold! :mad:

BigDave fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 13, 2017

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

It appears so, but I still don't think realistically it works that way.

Free boat, free money, free cars, free children.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Kennel posted:

The hard and fast rule has always been that webcomics are OK if they are drawn by either the writer or the artist of a nationally syndicated comic strip (such as Edge of Adventure :barf:, Medium Large, or Pibgorn :barf:). As far as I know, Bad Machinery is neither, it's just the Scary Go Round guy who does a few other webcomics, so it is not appropriate for the thread no matter how good (or bad) it may be.

I don't see a reason to change that rule. There already is a webcomics thread for webcomics, no matter how trash it may be.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Zippy

Ripley's

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 18, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (February 3, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (March 3, 1924)

Lil' Abner (November 1, 1937)

Barney Google (March 5, 1923)

Alley Oop (June 4, 1934)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

OK Piraro doesn't bring up his being a vegetarian much but he is preachy when he does.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Is this the girl that he ends up marrying?

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Kennel posted:

I did weigh the decision, because I don't want to see the thread inundated in web comics either (not that some of them aren't brilliant), but it is published on GoComics (OP sez fair game).

Also, I just discovered it a couple of days ago and binge-read everything...I really wanted to share it, and I don't follow the web comics thread.

It's quite good!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

brb changing my screen name to Necropants

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Is this the girl that he ends up marrying?

It is not. Elizabeth is the one who gets stuck marrying her dreary first boyfriend.

And if Bad Machinery is ineligible for this thread I should stop posting Buni.

Rhymes with Orange

Is Pros and Cons even in newspapers anywhere?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2002 Spiderman

Yes, fight over the girl like this is a spaghetti western. That's how it works in New York Palm City.

The Amazing Kala

Nancy

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

An early Gilchrist cameo.

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

shortspecialbus posted:

The hard and fast rule has always been that webcomics are OK if they are drawn by either the writer or the artist of a nationally syndicated comic strip (such as Edge of Adventure :barf:, Medium Large, or Pibgorn :barf:). As far as I know, Bad Machinery is neither, it's just the Scary Go Round guy who does a few other webcomics, so it is not appropriate for the thread no matter how good (or bad) it may be.

I don't see a reason to change that rule. There already is a webcomics thread for webcomics, no matter how trash it may be.

It's nationally syndicated via GoComics by Universal Uclick, which was created in 2009 when Universal Press Syndicate merged with Uclick, so I'm going to keep posting it. *nyah nyah*. Anyway, let's face it, comic syndication and national readership has changed since this thread began over a decade ago. Barkeater Lake is also a webcomic, and was first published directly to GoComics.

However, I admire your purism, ShortSpecialBus, and it just so happens that I have been planning on bringing on some old-school content to bring us back to the true roots of this thread: For Better or For Worse.

As far as I've seen, on September 13, 2010, Lynn Johnston started writing up running commentary on some of the strips that are being republished, on the official website. It's interesting reading.

Lynn Johnston posted:

Balancing my checkbook was and still is one of my least favorite things to do. My daughter will chase down a discrepancy to the penny. I’m happy if my cheques don’t bounce. When I worked for my dad in the jewelry store, I was fine with clients, cleaning and window displays, but I was kept away from the till. My guess is- that even with today’s electronic calculators I would still find ways to make mistakes!

Lynn Johnston posted:

When I wrote about the children in the strip, I tried to create situations that were very obviously not about my own children. Nonetheless, Aaron had to explain over and over that Martha didn’t exist! He even got a letter from a Martha, wondering if she was "the one."

Mea Culpa fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Aaron was the one who had to photograph the scene of a grisly car crash that involved an old girlfriend while Michael heroically pulled said girlfriend out of the wreck and later married her right

• Locked thread