Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Lol the Panthers best offensive player was the Bucs special teams captain last year.

i didnt even know we got him this offseason until that TD.

I'm guessing he wasn't much to write home about last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

boxcarhobo posted:

i didnt even know we got him this offseason until that TD.

I'm guessing he wasn't much to write home about last year?

He's awesome on ST but wanted a bigger role on offense and he obviously wasn't going to get that in Tampa. He's always looked good when on the field tho.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cam was way off in the first half but he came good in the second. 6/6 for 66 yards and a touchdown. I think he was just antsy and hadn't had any live fire at all for a while. I think getting hit and running around a bit was actually beneficial to him dude looked dialed in the the 2nd half.

Bills next week might be a bit of a trap game, if there's anyone out there who knows how to scheme for the Panthers and knows their defensive system and how to exploit it it'll be Buffalo's staff.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
You can't script this...

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/907344816471789568

Go Vikes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saints going to probably lose, but luckily I have Destiny and a bottle of Bathtub Whiskey to drown myself in so its honestly all smooth sailing

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It's OK, with our defense we'll never see a 25 point lead anytime soon.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

That Works posted:

It's OK, with our defense we'll never see a 25 point lead anytime soon.

They're overrated tbh

The key to victory is the elusive 26 point lead

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 11, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

thomas davis is a grown rear end man

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Thisisfine.jpg

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/907408474233065472

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
drat, but the preseason had me hopeful that the D had turned a corner.

Should've known better.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

drat, but the preseason had me hopeful that the D had turned a corner.

Should've known better.

We warned you. On the plus side, only 8 more of those til your season is over!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

We warned you. On the plus side, only 8 more of those til your season is over!

15-1.

I believe.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

15-1.

I believe.

I admire your conviction. Stay strong brother.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

I knew the Saints defense would be bad and the offense probably worse than last year, but yikes. This looked like a 5-11 team.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

i love that loving man

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

holy poo poo Carlos Hyde got -hosed-.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I'm pretty pissed over that game.

I will always only be a Saints fan but that poo poo has me thinking about taking a pass more or less on the season. It's several years straight of the same problems. Defense can't cover, inconsistent pressure, moronic penalties and now sprinkle in a shitload of fancy RB bits that don't do poo poo while your OL continues to decline.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

In other news Duke Riley is from my home town and I went to HS with his mom. His cousins were some of my better friends growing up and I followed his entire career so far so I can't even summon up the hate for the Falcons like in the past.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
When I go to the grocery store I'm going to need to make sure I get paper bags more often.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

In other news Duke Riley is from my home town and I went to HS with his mom. His cousins were some of my better friends growing up and I followed his entire career so far so I can't even summon up the hate for the Falcons like in the past.

Duke Riley is cool and good. Thank you for your sacrifice :shobon:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Duke Riley is cool and good. Thank you for your sacrifice :shobon:

You need to get a new avatar with Brooks Reed saving Ryan from choking to death.

gently caress it, someone just take that av, put Brooks Reed's face over Julio and give him googly eyes.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 12, 2017

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

That Works posted:

I'm pretty pissed over that game.

I will always only be a Saints fan but that poo poo has me thinking about taking a pass more or less on the season. It's several years straight of the same problems. Defense can't cover, inconsistent pressure, moronic penalties and now sprinkle in a shitload of fancy RB bits that don't do poo poo while your OL continues to decline.

Welcome to the past 14 years of being a Bucs fan.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Welcome to the past 14 years of being a Bucs fan.

Been a fan of this team my whole life. There were a lot of bad years in there. Just especially frustrated now because the window on this team has been closing for a long-rear end time and last night showed that literally nothing has changed from the past 4-5 seasons.

Edit: Like, a close loss with some solid defense and maybe some 1st game offensive miscues would have been fine. Instead we got a defense throwing up dumb penalties everywhere, getting outplayed by a mediocre opponent and an offense and offensive line that look nothing like the powerhouse they are supposed to be.

Edit: This is probably going to be a 3-4 win team.

That Works fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 12, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The line was hosed when Strief went down. They could have probably worked around Armstead being out by providing help on that side, but they couldn't help both sides against a pretty good Vikings front.

Despite being an awful game to watch it was still somehow winnable if they could have gotten anything at all going in the red zone.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Vikings D line is really really good and they'll make a lot of good olines look bad this year, much less a banged up one.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

Edit: This is probably going to be a 3-4 win team.

nah, at least 6 or 7 imo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Predicition was accurate, enjoyed time with my family as well as a bottle of booze instead.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Barudak posted:

Predicition was accurate, enjoyed time with my family as well as a bottle of booze instead.

This is actually very good advice I should also heed. That Bears game was way too stressful.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

wandler20 posted:

much less a banged up one.

Yeah, in game 1.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This is me on this team right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2WALIes_84&t=375s

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Nah, more like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Barudak posted:

We are your family.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
no team in the nfl is going to do good if their starting qb eats it obviously but the saints seem like one of the teams most primed to go to bottom-tier dumpster fire if brees misses a step coming off an airplane and breaks his leg

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sword_man.gif posted:

no team in the nfl is going to do good if their starting qb eats it obviously but the saints seem like one of the teams most primed to go to bottom-tier dumpster fire if brees misses a step coming off an airplane and breaks his leg

What, you have no faith in Chase Daniel?

Bwahahahahaha. If Brees is ever hurt, tank the season and go for the #1 pick. I'm sure a new coach would probably be thrilled with that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if Brees is ever hurt there's gonna be a Jonestown level event in New Orleans but there are worse backups than Daniel

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

if Brees is ever hurt there's gonna be a Jonestown level event in New Orleans but there are worse backups than Daniel

Well become the Browns, but with a ring.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Barudak posted:

Well become the Browns, but with a ring.

"At least we're not the Browns" will be hollow comfort, but something.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/908069533549780998

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thomas davis is benjamin button except tearing his ACL also makes him more powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This owns

https://twitter.com/TBBuccaneers/status/908315277221392386

• Locked thread