Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So, "Human Ada" as in "stretched a human corpse over Ada's robot body," yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

pulp rag posted:

Sort of like the one defective loader in Borderlands 2, now that you mention it.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Looks like a cardboard cutout.

Now I want a cardboard cutout mod.

It moves around when you aren't looking but does nothing else

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Magmarashi posted:

It moves around when you aren't looking but does nothing else

So the default behavior of the armor mannequins in Skyrim?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Schubalts posted:

Human Ada. A mod for Fallout 4.

But Ada is already prime Waifu material.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Uh, I wouldn't say they've "figured out" facial expressions.

You can see 12 of 16 of her lower teeth, hahaha

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

pulp rag posted:

Automatron is really missing the ability to put human parts onto a robotic frame. Would go perfectly with that raider dlc.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

quote:

She will not hesitate to dual wield her victim

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Schubalts posted:

that's ada wong from re6

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Fereydun posted:

that's ada wong from re6

gently caress.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Fereydun posted:

that's ada wong from re6

It's Ada Wong after several rounds of plastic surgery and having the corners of her mouth fused together.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Terraria modding can be fun. I've been playing through using a few convenience mods, as well as four big ones:
Fargo's mutant mod, which adds characters who sell boss summoning gear, as well as recipes to create some God items by collecting a lot of stuff throughout your play time.
Experience and Classes, which adds scaling bonuses that you choose and which can get really silly since its based on vanilla only.
Calamity mod, which sounds dumb but has a lot of content and a lot of really cool weapons, and some neat armors that take way too many resources to make. The bosses can be loving difficult and kinda unfair though.
Thorium, one of the other big content mods, which is much better balanced towards vanilla, and which adds two new player classes, mostly based around mutiplayer. I've been using armor from this.

With all of them together, and using the cheat sheet to help reduce the grind and add accessory slots so I have a chance I have gotten to the endgame. I still need a lot of stuff to make most of the Fargos god items, but I have completed the latest one, which when combined with some of the other items I have now has turned me into a bullet hell boss. Every throwing weapon I use will 20% of the time split into three, ever hit spawns a bunch of homing knives, every time I am hit there are a dozen giant scythes that split into smaller scythes that burst out of me, I have a damage aura, multiple projectiles randomly fly around the screen hurting stuff for me, a super bee that fires faster than a machine gun, and a holy sword I legitimately don't remember any of my items creating sometimes randomly pops out to kill poo poo. I have like 300% bonus damage on my weapons of choice, have like 50% more HP than the vanilla max, a bunch of mechanical super worms following me around, and I regain all my health in like a second if I'm attacking.

I am nearly Godhead and still some of the Calamity bosses are bullshit. Taking off nearly all my health in a single hit on the more difficult setting (required if you actually want some of their material drops), difficult to damage, and launching many, many projectiles that blend in with the filter they put over the background.

Still, I need to give them props for making a boss who's role seems to be entirely to die repeatedly so you don't have to go searching for the mods minerals in the game world like you used to. That reduces the grind a whole lot.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
About to restart Darkest Dungeon after a while, and I've just found out there's Workshop support. While there are your usual tittymonster mods, some look good.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

turn off the TV posted:

It's Ada Wong after several rounds of plastic surgery and having the corners of her mouth fused together.

Getting smacked in the face by bio-weapons will do that to you

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

New Concept Hole posted:

Getting smacked in the face by bio-weapons will do that to you

Chris still looks good for his age.

Then again if the plot is to be believed, he was smacked around by Wesker way more than any virus-born monster.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Lunethex posted:

Chris still looks good for his age.

Then again if the plot is to be believed, he was smacked around by Wesker way more than any virus-born monster.

That's probably how he built up all that muscle.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

we all know who is boss of the gym

Orv
May 4, 2011

Schubalts posted:

Lucy Jawless.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

More like Ada Wrong

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Glagha posted:

More like Ada Wrong

nice av/post combo imo

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Schubalts posted:

"Human" eh?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Waifu mods are low-hanging fruit, but just look at this hot mess:

What is this bleached, washed-out version of Skyrim? It makes me think of Poser comics.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Mizuti posted:

What is this bleached, washed-out version of Skyrim? It makes me think of Poser comics.

It's like they wanted to mod in their favorite part of Morrowind, but their favorite part of Morrowind was the lighting engine.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The people who upload pictures for mods are always the ones running potato laptops, or the ones with supercomputers running a billion overlapping ENBs so that the picture is either washed out of obscured by two foot thick Vaseline lenses.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Mizuti posted:

Looks kinda like when you turn on tlb in Oblivion - basically it disables all shaders and makes everything fullbright.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

m2pt5 posted:

Looks kinda like when you turn on tlb in Oblivion - basically it disables all shaders and makes everything fullbright.

Yes, that's exactly what they did, and it makes the game look horrendous. He probably doesn't even know ENB is a thing he can do.

Also note the aliasing on those cabinets and the shoes. Something is horribly broken with his setup.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You know what the hosed up part is? I don't think they have fullbright unabled. That might be an intentional ENB setup, maybe? Check out on the horrible beasts's skin, there's lighting information that can't be baked into the AO. There's also colored lighting emitting from the fireplace on the left

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I know the eyes on these are usually bad but that one says "Please help me I've been abducted" more than anything else in the thread I think.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

The people who upload pictures for mods are always the ones running potato laptops, or the ones with supercomputers running a billion overlapping ENBs so that the picture is either washed out of obscured by two foot thick Vaseline lenses.

My money is on "Potato Laptop", as I have a potato laptop and the max resolution is exactly the resolution of that picture.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
TLB apparently does nothing. Maybe he used ToggleEOFImageSpace, which disables a lot of post processing. In that case, Potato Laptop makes sense, and he forgot to turn it back on for the screenshots.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

It's definitely potato laptop. Just take a look at trees in the distance in other screenshots... how can anyone play the game with those eyesores is beyond me. Probably :nws:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Well 75% of the polygons it can render without melting are being taken up by that one model so there's not a lot of resources left to go around

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Why do they always have disproportionately small heads?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

SplitSoul posted:

Barbies

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Real-talk, as a person who draws things, proportions are hard, and the proportion of the skull to the rest of the body is just the worst loving thing. A quarter-inch too large, and congrats, you have a freakish giant toddler or weird cartoon person, a quarter-inch too small and now they're a seven foot tall weird statue person. People tend to go with heads that are WAY too small because if you're going to gently caress it up one way or the other then at least that gives you the illusion of height and accentuated proportions (...on their sad digital waifus that are usually five-foot-nothing tall). That and the weird skinny necks that seem to be so common would look even worse contrasted with an appropriately-sized dome. It's weird and not-good, but it at least makes organic sense how they ended up there.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Real-talk, as a person who draws things, proportions are hard, and the proportion of the skull to the rest of the body is just the worst loving thing. A quarter-inch too large, and congrats, you have a freakish giant toddler or weird cartoon person, a quarter-inch too small and now they're a seven foot tall weird statue person. People tend to go with heads that are WAY too small because if you're going to gently caress it up one way or the other then at least that gives you the illusion of height and accentuated proportions (...on their sad digital waifus that are usually five-foot-nothing tall). That and the weird skinny necks that seem to be so common would look even worse contrasted with an appropriately-sized dome. It's weird and not-good, but it at least makes organic sense how they ended up there.
This is something that is consistently annoying with some character creators that give you a wide range of height options.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

But the regular Skyrim models look nothing like that and they still use the same character creator and head meshes, don't they? So they have to be actively trying for that look. There are much more striking examples of waifu microcephaly throughout this thread, I just think it's hilarious how the hideous boob monsters so often have tiny heads.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
if you make your own custom model you can't use those skyrim modeling tools so you're either using the character creator (which disallows you from getting the specific hourglass shape they're looking for, and i imagine facial structure as well) or you're doing your own model (which means that you're gonna dive right into uncanny valley unless you know precisely what you're doing).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SplitSoul posted:

Beep boop how do people work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Coolguye posted:

if you make your own custom model you can't use those skyrim modeling tools so you're either using the character creator (which disallows you from getting the specific hourglass shape they're looking for, and i imagine facial structure as well) or you're doing your own model (which means that you're gonna dive right into uncanny valley unless you know precisely what you're doing).

I thought head and body meshes had always been separate in these games, hence the problem of neck seams?