Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoldfishStew posted:

I don't get it

United 93’s last words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

GoldfishStew posted:

I don't get it

on 9/11 the plane that had the pax take over and rush the hijackers, dude was on the phone with an operator because his call didn't go through (and was well aware the ac had been hijacked etc) and they learned about the attacks on wtc and pentagon, and the last thing he said before they tried to take over the plane was "let's roll"

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Ouhei posted:

- I'm surprised at people's reactions to the cutout, like what did you expect? They have to have an earpiece and the cameras there so it can't be screen. Doing a top bezel makes the phone awkwardly lopsided and what they did allows you to gain extra screen space by throwing the traditional top bar into the corners.

Someone did a mockup for a top bezel

Right looks 1000% better than the piece of poo poo on the left.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But that's not EDGE TO EDGE!! :byodood:

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

I like the mockup someone did where they just made the system bar black background.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I kind of like the cutout look.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
I like the cutout look too, and I think the idea with OLED is to make the top bar whatever you want, including flat black to look like the above mockup.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The cutout look is just fine.

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(

.Z. posted:

I like the mockup someone did where they just made the system bar black background.

This is so obvious and so much better. Why do they want the phone to Look Bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“Boris Galerkin”" post="“476360736”"]

[/quote]

The left one is actually better and looks nicer, hope this helps.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Alright here's my situation. The gf and I both have 16gb 6s Plus phones new. We're on T-Mobile Jump. I don't know poo poo about Jump and I'm still unable to tell if it's even worth it. We're past our midpoint with it so it's not as valuable but we want to get 8 Plus phones. Is there anything we should know about upgrading (about the plan and upgrade, not data backups etc) before we go to the store on Friday? If you have opinions on Jump I'd like to hear them. It's hard to get straight answers around the internet.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
The cutout looks dumb stop making compromises in your life.

Also yeah funny to mock people who died in 9/11 I lost a childhood neighbor to 9/11

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Kilometers Davis posted:

Alright here's my situation. The gf and I both have 16gb 6s Plus phones new. We're on T-Mobile Jump. I don't know poo poo about Jump and I'm still unable to tell if it's even worth it. We're past our midpoint with it so it's not as valuable but we want to get 8 Plus phones. Is there anything we should know about upgrading (about the plan and upgrade, not data backups etc) before we go to the store on Friday? If you have opinions on Jump I'd like to hear them. It's hard to get straight answers around the internet.

I talked to them yesterday and they said if you want the iPhone 8/8+ you should most likely preorder it this friday morning at 3 AM EST or 12 AM PST. They said that they will send the phone to you and once you get it and activate it, either mail your old phone back in or take it to a T-mobile to tear up the current contract. You're going to be paying for whatever the price of the phone is, minus the down payment that divided by 24 every month.

Tmobile has a nice messaging feature in its app where you can chat to someone so they might be able to give you a more specific number.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GoldfishStew posted:

Well ok but

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

GoldfishStew posted:

Also yeah funny to mock people who died in 9/11 I lost a childhood neighbor to 9/11

Dude, do you realize what website you're even posting on...?

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

cage-free egghead posted:

Dude, do you realize what website you're even posting on...?

lol tribute.wmv

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GoldfishStew posted:

Lmao

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL

Wait i only use the awful.app, do I really have that custom text? What the gently caress is wrong with you people. I didnt mind when it was just the pic

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

GoldfishStew posted:

GoldfishStew posted:

Wait i only use the awful.app, do I really have that custom text? What the gently caress is wrong with you people. I didnt mind when it was just the pic

Okay this thread just got really good

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

GoldfishStew posted:

:lol:

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

GoldfishStew posted:

lol

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
5'd and subscribed

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

GoldfishStew posted:

Ahahahahahahahaha

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.

GoldfishStew posted:

Oh dear...

lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Over There posted:

I talked to them yesterday and they said if you want the iPhone 8/8+ you should most likely preorder it this friday morning at 3 AM EST or 12 AM PST. They said that they will send the phone to you and once you get it and activate it, either mail your old phone back in or take it to a T-mobile to tear up the current contract. You're going to be paying for whatever the price of the phone is, minus the down payment that divided by 24 every month.

Tmobile has a nice messaging feature in its app where you can chat to someone so they might be able to give you a more specific number.

Interesting, thanks. When you say preorder you mean from the T-Mobile through our current account, yeah?

Every time I deal with carriers + buying new phones I pretty much want to die.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

Interesting, thanks. When you say preorder you mean from the T-Mobile through our current account, yeah?

It's the worst. My last three phones dating back to the 5S I have bought through the Apple Store app and it's been a pleasure.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Kilometers Davis posted:

Go to either the tmobile website or the app and sign into your account. Look for the shop, find the phone you want and it walks you through Jump. I tested it with the s8 and it seems pretty easy.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

GoldfishStew posted:

i was honoring the heros of united 93 with that photoshop tyvm

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GoldfishStew posted:

You should probably also know it's hyperlinked to your post about the doll you gently caress.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

GoldfishStew posted:

So you know what it looks like for the rest of us.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
This thread sure as hell doesn’t deserve a 5 but today I must change my mind.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GoldfishStew posted:

Seriously? I asked you about loving real dolls point blank in another thread.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Over There posted:

Go to either the tmobile website or the app and sign into your account. Look for the shop, find the phone you want and it walks you through Jump. I tested it with the s8 and it seems pretty easy.

Oh that's awesome, I didn't realize you could do it all online. I appreciate it, you've saved me a lot of frustration.

Sock The Great posted:

It's the worst. My last three phones dating back to the 5S I have bought through the Apple Store app and it's been a pleasure.

It really is. Even with my local T-Mobile store being a pretty decent one it's still a huge headache.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

GoldfishStew posted:

bellissima

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

GoldfishStew posted:

hahahahahahahahaha
not only is it custom text but its a hyperlink to your post admitting to your gf buying you a realdoll and how much you love it

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

buglord posted:

This thread sure as hell doesn’t deserve a 5 but today I must change my mind.

Steve has truly smiled on us today.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

GoldfishStew posted:

I can't BE with my girlfriend while she's away but I can still be with a vaginal facsimile

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Great meltdown 10/10

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

stew you've had the link in there for months fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010