Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i really enjoyed the time ezra interviewed her before the election and she had to slowly explain to him why citing a whitepaper wouldn't convince voters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

shook nate was right

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

loquacius posted:

r/s4p has posted this handy infographic

drat right he's got both MA senators :wrongcity:

lol every1 who is thinking about 2020 signed on to it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Al! posted:

it suddenly occurs to me that the only reason hamilton is even a thing is that hillary saw it, really liked it, and then ordered the dems to promote it at every opportunity

Nah, it was a big Theatre Nerd thing her in NY and just kind of ballooned from there. Ive seen it and the only good parts are the Schuyler sisters songs and Groff as King George was funny as poo poo.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Hamilton was a mistake

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/GhostPanther/status/907855439764881408

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Nah, it was a big Theatre Nerd thing her in NY and just kind of ballooned from there. Ive seen it and the only good parts are the Schuyler sisters songs and Groff as King George was funny as poo poo.

The New York hypernationalism parts annoy me

like, colonial NYC wasn't the greatest city in the world, it wasn't even the greatest city in America and America was a backwater :rolleyes:

Lessail posted:

Hamilton was a mistake

--Hayao Miyazaki

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Al! posted:

it suddenly occurs to me that the only reason hamilton is even a thing is that hillary saw it, really liked it, and then ordered the dems to promote it at every opportunity

It's not a bad show as musicals go, but historically I'll just politely say that takes a few liberties with its namesake character.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lessail posted:

Hamilton was a mistake

Like... centrists and libertarians love it... I wonder why... hmmm.... $5k per ticket...hmmmm.... POC playing white characters.... now I get it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Lin Manuel Miranda is a giant herb and he sucks.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Matt Zerella posted:

wasn't there another "what if the founding fathers rapped" musical like 3 or 4 years before hamilton

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

tower time posted:

I have been very consistent in my support for universal healthcare, but only for rural whites with confederate flags on their trucks. This was and continues to be my sole reason for supporting one Bernard Sanders

if this was what was required to pass a form of universal healthcare I'd still take it even though I wouldn't qualify.

maybe eventually we could include people who were non-white non-confederate flag fliers.

Buy a truck, receive healthcare.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Al! posted:

wasn't there another "what if the founding fathers rapped" musical like 3 or 4 years before hamilton

paging GalacticAcid

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Compare and contrast Bernie post candidacy to Hillary post candidacy.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

People concerned about stoking Hillary v Bernie should bend the knee, problem solved

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Stoked 4 bernie and his growing influence on poltic's

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol the gloria steinem line

oh no wait steinem said women only voted for sanders because they were all hornt up and boy crazy

Boy crazy for:
Husbands and Boyfriends? :ocelot::smuggo:
Fathers and Bernie Brothers? :psyduck:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Typo posted:

lol every1 who is thinking about 2020 signed on to it

and the obama & clinton camps are gonna bend over backwards making sure none of the people who support this are on the ballot in 2020

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
even though every democrat senator could 100% assure their donors that they aren't really for MFA because there's no chance of it passing, most democrats still aren't on board. lol if you see this as a hopeful sign, most dems won't even take a meaningless position on this issue like harris did

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

stoking myself thinking about bernie

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

call to action posted:

even though every democrat senator could 100% assure their donors that they aren't really for MFA because there's no chance of it passing, most democrats still aren't on board. lol if you see this as a hopeful sign, most dems won't even take a meaningless position on this issue like harris did

reminder 2 the suck zone this guy is some kind of weirdo alt right infiltrator type, dont bother arguing with him

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Joementum posted:

yes, incumbent industries suffer job loss after innovation removes their position in the market

this is a problem inherent to capitalism that can easily be solved through government intervention

bring back livery jobs
make liveries great again

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Polo-Rican posted:

and the obama & clinton camps are gonna bend over backwards making sure none of the people who support this are on the ballot in 2020

It's distressingly likely, but of the two of them I could see Obama seeing which way the wind was blowing and realizing that getting on board (or at least out of the way) would help to solidify his own legacy as the guy who got the ball rolling on healthcare.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Al! posted:

reminder 2 the suck zone this guy is some kind of weirdo alt right infiltrator type, dont bother arguing with him

the good thing about the democrats are a waste thread is curating a good block list of people with brainworms/really bad d&d posters.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Matt Zerella posted:

the good thing about the democrats are a waste thread is curating a good block list of people with brainworms/really bad d&d posters.

All DnD posters are really bad

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Phi230 posted:

Can Hillary and her cult gently caress off and die already

Lyndon LaRouche is still alive and needs someone to take his place as crazed candidate cult :confuoot:

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

reminder 2 the suck zone to check out my rap sheet for what this coward probated me for

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=471573749

lolllll

call to action has issued a correction as of 19:26 on Sep 13, 2017

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Compare and contrast Bernie post candidacy to Hillary post candidacy.

Tbf he had a 4 month head start

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Man Musk posted:

It doesn't, though. You don't need a fancy college education to see the rampant white privilege on display throughout both the Democratic Party as well as itt

It does. The persistence that libs have in misunderstanding white privilege is truly remarkable. White Privilege is not a golden ticket to economic success and social health, it's the baseline of what any other society would consider "normalcy" - which is denied to people of other races. Being born normal is not being born into an elite club. Whites are just as susceptible to the corrosive forces of capitalism as anybody else when they don't inherit wealth, are born into poor districts with bad schools, and so on.

You are, again, abusing averages to erase the underclasses.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

call to action posted:

reminder 2 the suck zone to check out my rap sheet for what this coward probated me for

Can't you just give us the rundown yourself?

Let's bring the Al! vs call to action case to the floor of the Suck Zone Court.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

hilary is a russian plant, continuing to slander bernie in her new book. we must stop her at all costs

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

zegermans posted:

Tbf he had a 4 month head start

It's almost been a year.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

call to action posted:

It's funny watching the rest of y'all in retarded states play with your dicks re: marijuana while Colorado cleans up. Please continue this, I like my schools getting new buildings paid for by tourists.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

just a normal leftist making normal posts

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:siren: The MfA Bill is out :siren:

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/medicare-for-all-act?id=6CA2351C-6EAE-4A11-BBE4-CE07984813C8&download=1&inline=file

eyy, i'm socializin' 'ere

Frijolero has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Sep 13, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

just a normal leftist making normal posts

they won't post in the spooky ghost thread :mad:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zhulik posted:

Can't you just give us the rundown yourself?

Let's bring the Al! vs call to action case to the floor of the Suck Zone Court.

i think i made my case on his rap sheet pretty clearly

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

call to action posted:

lolllll

lol fukken :owned:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
you will be shocked to hear who doesn't like Bernie's single-payer bill

https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/908003986388615168

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Al! posted:

i think i made my case on his rap sheet pretty clearly

swooped by the probation hawk or falcon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

call to action posted:

lolllll

Al was a really really bad IK and probably let the power go to his head a bit too much

Kinda like when squizzle first tasted the power and immediately demanded that the Suck Zone stop posting anti-hillaynthjmgs because too many goons were complaining about it lol

• Locked thread