Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao. There was a bit on this week's podcast where Brad vehemently defends some UI decision in Destiny 2 saying that it makes it more of a thinking man's shooter, requiring better teamwork, more active whatever. And then they got a live correction saying it's a bug and I personally Brad should be fired for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

In Training posted:

Lmfao. There was a bit on this week's podcast where Brad vehemently defends some UI decision in Destiny 2 saying that it makes it more of a thinking man's shooter, requiring better teamwork, more active whatever. And then they got a live correction saying it's a bug and I personally Brad should be fired for it.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lmao

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

had a big belly laugh on the train this morning about it

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Brad: Mmm... it's really too much of a good thing, if you think about it.. ;)

Brad: Yep, Destiny's problem remains that there isn't enough of it. :argh:

Brad: People don't understand: If this game were good it would be the greatest game ever made.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Brad: People don't understand: If this game were good it would be the greatest game ever made.

Brad's instant concession of Mario and Rabbids being horrible when he was enjoying it because Jeff said so was pretty funny.

I'm in the middle of world 3 and if they are getting confused by these dumb puzzles, I don't know what to say. Plus I don't think Jeff picked up on the fact you can respec skills at any time whenever you enter HQ (which you can also access when at the beginning of a fight). Lesser Luigi (non Rabbid) can be changed from Ultra Tap-Tap Overwatch Golgo 13 to Speedy Gonzales can't-stop-me-now with speed buffs hitting everyone and launching out of pipes at Mach 10 for the battles where you just need to get to the end or somewhere in between.

The puzzles when going back through the worlds are very interesting with some trick puzzles. One has you facing against 9 enemies in a small area. You first think how do I kill these all quickly before you check the goal and it's just get one of your mates in the endzone which is, since it's a small area, easily accessible with Speedy Lesser Luigi.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 13, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Destiny 2 is complete AIDS and they purposefully held the pc port back a month to get brain damaged rear end in a top hat gamers to double dip, which they absolutely will

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For people who didn't listen this is a direct quote lol.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

well, i mean in a way hes right

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Destiny 2 is complete AIDS and they purposefully held the pc port back a month to get brain damaged rear end in a top hat gamers to double dip, which they absolutely will

the success of destiny 1 still pisses me off in a very primal way

In Training posted:

jesus christ

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
im hardly surprised though from the guy that has been explained like 5 different times how to hold pieces in a tetris game and messing even that up

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

im hardly surprised though from the guy that has been explained like 5 different times how to hold pieces in a tetris game and messing even that up

brads ideal game of tetris lets you hold as many pieces as you want and has thousands of unique blocks

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

glad i havent heard any west coast stuff in awhile. not missing a thing

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

They spent an hour on destiny poo poo and only gave Jason 60 seconds to talk about monster hunter stories.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

brads ideal game of tetris lets you hold as many pieces as you want and has thousands of unique blocks

Lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't know why anyone bothers with west anymore. Brad is audio ambien and they're all 40 year old bores who only play lovely AAA western games

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't know why anyone bothers with west anymore. Brad is audio ambien and they're all 40 year old bores who only play lovely AAA western games

i want to believe that the second new hire will be good but i mean honestly why would you watch kingdom heartache over exquisite corps or steal my sunshine

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/ Pitiful.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

EVIL Gibson posted:

Brad's instant concession of Mario and Rabbids being horrible when he was enjoying it because Jeff said so was pretty funny.

Tender Bender posted:

My favorite Bradism is when he says something and then Jeff expresses the opposite opinion and Brad's like "Oh yeah, for sure."

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

On the latest Bombcast Jeff said he would love if Blizzard made a Destiny-like with the Overwatch characters and I almost crashed my car

Lmao again

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Fluffdaddy posted:

They spent an hour on destiny poo poo and only gave Jason 60 seconds to talk about monster hunter stories.

ughhh

lol

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fluffdaddy posted:

One jasonism thing that is getting grating is his complaining he can't play games because of his baby or put in enough time because of it.

Well ... Welcome to parenthood??? What were you going to expect? His cries of anguish of the destiny power level being so low compared to the others and how unfair that was came across as childish to the point of tantrumy.

it's looks like he can't put together that he is raising a small human and that means you have, no, need to give a lot of poo poo up. You are comparing yourself to three others that have nowhere close to the responsibility you have so who cares?

Vinny handles having and raising kids right. He never , never, makes his kids seems like obstacles.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

In Training posted:

You leave my big beautiful brad alone :cry:

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

In Training posted:

lol what was it?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

sunshine seems bad

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/908432333505568768
Make it stop, please

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Pumprag posted:

lol what was it?

I guess certain elements are stronger at certain times and the only way to know which is to keep an eye on a scrolling combat log. Brad said Bungie would argue this added an element of teamwork because you need to call it out, and some nice tension management because you had to keep reading this combat log instead of paying attention to the game. Turns out it's a bug and it's supposed to be displayed on screen at all times.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Combat log.... :|

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Tender Bender posted:

I guess certain elements are stronger at certain times and the only way to know which is to keep an eye on a scrolling combat log. Brad said Bungie would argue this added an element of teamwork because you need to call it out, and some nice tension management because you had to keep reading this combat log instead of paying attention to the game. Turns out it's a bug and it's supposed to be displayed on screen at all times.

God drat it.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Thinking about this post I read years ago.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:negative:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Less than I expected tbqh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Shoehead posted:

Less than I expected tbqh

(Smiles at u w/1 finger up) Ah but the pc version has yet to whilst. *poofs into smoke leaving behind a Halo 9 lootbox*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
gotta leave room for the $60 dlc expansion that everyone who plays it will say 'finally makes the game fun'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Brad knows he could never give a Destiny game a perfect score because the amount of daily flaming he would receive would increase ten fold. But in his heart it's a 5/5

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Giant bomb also uses the 5 star system because fuuuuck metacritic which proves itself, over and over, a blight on the industry.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 19, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Granted I've never played the games, but just going on the reactions from other ppl it sounds like they just made the same exact game with a lowered gate to their endgame "raid". And coloring your armor is worse

Basically all it's done is reinforce my belief that if a game is described as needing a group of people to be enjoyable -- it's garbage from an rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Granted I've never played the games, but just going on the reactions from other ppl it sounds like they just made the same exact game with a lowered gate to their endgame "raid". And coloring your armor is worse

Basically all it's done is reinforce my belief that if a game is described as needing a group of people to be enjoyable -- it's garbage from an rear end

Destiny 1 and 2 was marketed as a open MMO shooter and I still find it funny people are still reacting to the fact... You need to work with other real people. The horror... :vince: