Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So who beat the raid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
Anyone wanna try the raid on PS4 right now? 288 light level titan, psn name: Mando250

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Waffle House posted:

Man, I'm really glad I just expended a ton of effort creating a central chillzone so that people could find matchmaking partners without feeling stuffed in lockers.

edit:

Try Goon Batallion Six, Big Dumb Salt Miners:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2464175

Is this the latest overflow clan? The ones in the OP are full.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

FishBulb posted:

So who beat the raid

I just beat it on my vita

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Do public events not count toward clan xp? I did a bunch yesterday for the milestone and they didn't give any clan xp.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm wearing Calus's rear end for a hat right now, ama

elpaganoescapa posted:

Do public events not count toward clan xp? I did a bunch yesterday for the milestone and they didn't give any clan xp.

They're supposed to but there are caps on both personal and total weekly clan XP contribution. If you play a lot and so does everyone else in your clan either of those may have been hit.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i own a 'make americanas great again' hat but it's a jiu jitsu joke i didn't give money to a racist

https://bungiestore.com/collections/all/products/bombsheller-hunter-leggings

Buying these for nogi

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Veritas posted:

Anyone wanna try the raid on PS4 right now? 288 light level titan, psn name: Mando250

I'm surprised the requirements are so low, I'm at 263 without really trying. Still can't yet I mean, but still.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

haveblue posted:

I'm wearing Calus's rear end for a hat right now, ama

They're supposed to but there are caps on both personal and total weekly clan XP contribution. If you play a lot and so does everyone else in your clan either of those may have been hit.

I tried getting Clan XP from doing public events but it wouldn't work, I ended up having to do a bunch of patrols.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

SniperWoreConverse posted:

kids should not be on something awful and prob not the internet

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Where do cliff notes raid strats get posted? I will want to read up a little bit before my group starts tonight.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

actionjackson posted:

I just beat it on my vita

I haven't tried remote play on D2. I wonder if it works as well as D1

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

poor life choice posted:

Where do cliff notes raid strats get posted? I will want to read up a little bit before my group starts tonight.

I'd check reddit for huge infodumps, it's the only thing the place is good for really. But not for at least several more hours.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Waffle House posted:

Man, I'm really glad I just expended a ton of effort creating a central chillzone so that people could find matchmaking partners without feeling stuffed in lockers.

edit:

Try Goon Batallion Six, Big Dumb Salt Miners:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2464175

I just updated the other thread yesterday :sbahj:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What are the blue crown icon quests that popped up post story completion?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

elpaganoescapa posted:

I think PEs only count if you're in a fireteam.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kilometers Davis posted:

What are the blue crown icon quests that popped up post story completion?

Quests (bonus mission chains basically). Most of them will eventually give you an exotic weapon.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Nightfall down and got the Salty emote, which I am never taking off.

I know nobody's actually finished it yet, but generally speaking are raids meant to be substantially more difficult than the Nightfall strikes? None of the Nightfall was actually all that hard, except for dodging those giant drills while trying to jump through rings / not get murdered by enemies, and also the gigantic pile of enemies at the very end that leave you no place at all to recover, but it sounds like a pretty big time investment so I'm not sure how much I should prepare ahead of time.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
Requested to join big salt man clan as pumpy666.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I know nobody's actually finished it yet, but generally speaking are raids meant to be substantially more difficult than the Nightfall strikes? None of the Nightfall was actually all that hard, except for dodging those giant drills while trying to jump through rings / not get murdered by enemies, and also the gigantic pile of enemies at the very end that leave you no place at all to recover, but it sounds like a pretty big time investment so I'm not sure how much I should prepare ahead of time.

If Raids in D1 are indication, yes they will be considerably trickier. Especially if the gorgons keep removing you from loving reality.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Significantly harder. A raid with experienced team members and no surprises can take 2 hours or more, or much longer while everyone's still learning and trying to figure everything out. You don't get instructions, everything must be puzzled out essentially through trial and error and reasoning about the cryptic messages you get when certain things happen or are triggered. The encounters require the whole team to actively work together, calling out commands and sharing information. It's not at all like going through a strike.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 13, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Raids are basically michael jackson music videos with all the choreography that goes on.

If people aren't on point it's going to be a bad time for everyone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Significantly harder. A raid with experienced team members and no surprises can take 2 hours or more, or much longer while everyone's still learning and trying to figure everything out. You don't get instructions, everything must be figured out essentially through trial and error. The encounters require the whole team to actively work together, calling out commands and sharing information. It's not at all like going through a strike.

Yeah, and for God's sake don't go in at less than it recommends, it'll be a bad time. I could gear up and go this weekend but frankly I don't have that time anymore so instead I'm waiting a month and seeing where things are at. :v:

I'm trying to figure out if getting guided through the NF gets you the milestone, though I don't think so, but man the queue is not working at all.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
One of the D1 raid encounters was,

"Form 3 pairs of battle buddies and guard the Left, Right, and Center lanes of the map. Each pair kills a Captain, and one guy takes the dead Captain's weapon to hunt down a Servitor and blow it up. The other battle buddy picks up a bomb inside the Servitor's corpse and throws it at the boss. 3 randomly selected players become Empowered and must be getting into position to cover 4 areas on the map. After all bombs have been thrown, the boss teleports to one of the 4 areas and one of the 3 Empowered Guys must QUICKLY donkey punch him"

Repeated 3x, anywhere from 2 to 5 times.

That's a rough idea of how different it is from the Strikes, which are "Kill the sponge" and "Press X on a Glowing Area"

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ugh I seriously have zero interest in that kind of thing and want a baby mode sight seeing version real bad. Plz Bungo plz

haveblue posted:

Quests (bonus mission chains basically). Most of them will eventually give you an exotic weapon.

Makes sense, nice

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xzzy posted:

Raids are basically michael jackson music videos with all the choreography that goes on.

If people aren't on point it's going to be a bad time for everyone.

Did MJ ever have to smack his backup dancers?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do you guys like the raid so far

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

el B posted:

Did MJ ever have to smack his backup dancers?

Whenever Michael missed a step all the backup dancers ran away and jumped off a cliff.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kilometers Davis posted:

Ugh I seriously have zero interest in that kind of thing and want a baby mode sight seeing version real bad. Plz Bungo plz

Makes sense, nice

Luckily as an individual, you don't need to do All The Things. That same encounter goes like this for the Cannon Man:

1. Kill a Captain
2. Pick up his cannon
3. Find a servitor and kill it
4. If you get Empowered, go stand in your special spot

Much more reasonable!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I trust we have gentleman's agreements to spoiler raid mechanics/tips for completion... At least until after the weekend!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Adregan posted:

Bro, what the hell! Your dead to me now.

Had to sell the Xbox man.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Luckily as an individual, you don't need to do All The Things. That same encounter goes like this for the Cannon Man:

1. Kill a Captain
2. Pick up his cannon
3. Find a servitor and kill it
4. If you get Empowered, go stand in your special spot

Much more reasonable!

This is what it boils down to when you're experienced and know what you're doing. Getting to that point takes a lot of learning though. And jesus the empowered/not empowered clusterfuck was frustrating as gently caress when it first released.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

People on Reddit are saying there's no checkpoint and going to orbit resets your progress, which, lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

acumen posted:

This is what it boils down to when you're experienced and know what you're doing. Getting to that point takes a lot of learning though. And jesus the empowered/not empowered clusterfuck was frustrating as gently caress when it first released.

I just want my BOY Kilometers Davis to know there's hope!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Am I seeing right that there's a 30 second doom timer where if someone dies and you don't get him up you auto-lose? lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Please do spoiler raid TVIV thanks

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

acumen posted:

the best was getting 2 guys call out empowered left and then neither one reacting to the double stack and both just standing there.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I just want my BOY Kilometers Davis to know there's hope!

:hfive: but is there really?

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

el B posted:

I trust we have gentleman's agreements to spoiler raid mechanics/tips for completion... At least until after the weekend!

Kill something - Stand somewhere - Shoot something probably

E: dance

ReverendDre fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Stop with the spoilers assholes