Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I am smashing my Switch to pieces if they don't announce ports of PS4 exclusive games to the switch and also a vr headset to mount the switch in and play psvr games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i can't wait to see the direct!!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rufio posted:

Wow Thanks in advance Reggie for announcing I can download and play Rocker League and Stardew Valley RIGHT Now on Nintendo Switch, perfect console.

Nintendo misheard, instead of Rocket League you're getting a sequel to Rocket: Robot on Wheels.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Uniracers when

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sorry no Disney's Pixar's Uniracers for you

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I am excited to see new games I can play while pooping in today's Direct

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hoped Rocket League was a spinoff of Guardians of the Galaxy but car soccer seems fun too. Will buy if unrestricted crossplatform

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo misheard, instead of Rocket League you're getting a sequel to Rocket: Robot on Wheels.

gently caress yes

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

I hoped Rocket League was a spinoff of Guardians of the Galaxy but car soccer seems fun too. Will buy if unrestricted crossplatform

It's semi-restricted. You can only party up to queue with players on your platform, but you can matchmake and private lobby with PC and Xbone players.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm not gonna stay up 'til midnight to not hear about [my favorite game]

Direct live streams should air at the same local time everywhere :colbert:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Manky posted:

It's semi-restricted. You can only party up to queue with players on your platform, but you can matchmake and private lobby with PC and Xbone players.

Also to be clear, this is how it is on every platform.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Manky posted:

I am apparently a dumbass because I don't understand what this means. Of course, I also haven't ever played RL before.

If I have two friends on XB and one on PC what can I do with them and what can't I?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Uniracers when

Uniracers was originally done by DMA designs which became Rockstar North of GTA fame. I guess Nintendo owns the right to the brand though?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cartoon Man posted:

Uniracers was originally done by DMA designs which became Rockstar North of GTA fame. I guess Nintendo owns the right to the brand though?

They had to pull it from shelves because they were sued (and lost) for copyright infringement by Pixar for a short film they made.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

The Bloop posted:

I am apparently a dumbass because I don't understand what this means. Of course, I also haven't ever played RL before.

If I have two friends on XB and one on PC what can I do with them and what can't I?

The four of you can play 2v2 against each other, no internet strangers involved. You can't be a team of four and play against internet strangers.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Neddy Seagoon posted:

only if we also get Glover 2 HD based on the original half-finished leaked ROM

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I'm waiting for the EA early 2000s arcade sports game HD remaster box set featuring SSX Tricky, Burnout 3 and NBA Street vol 2 tbh.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
If I could play a mobile version of Burnout 3 in HD I'd probably die but it'd be worth it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

I'm waiting for the EA early 2000s arcade sports game HD remaster box set featuring SSX Tricky, Burnout 3 and NBA Street vol 2 tbh.

Make it ssx 3, still the greatest snowboarding game of all time, and I'm in

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah but you forgot about NHL Hitz.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Max Peck posted:

The four of you can play 2v2 against each other, no internet strangers involved. You can't be a team of four and play against internet strangers.

Thanks for the explanation. That is unfortunate.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If I don't get a squishy Metroid amiibo Friday I'm taking a poo poo on the best buy register.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Hi folks I recently got a Nintendo Switch along with Breath of the Wild and MK8. What are some smaller, cheaper games on the eshop that are recommended? Thanks.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ManSedan posted:

Hi folks I recently got a Nintendo Switch along with Breath of the Wild and MK8. What are some smaller, cheaper games on the eshop that are recommended? Thanks.

Lego worlds, it’s wonderful.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ManSedan posted:

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Sonic Mania, Blaster Master, and Kamiko

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ManSedan posted:

shovel knight

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo misheard, instead of Rocket League you're getting a sequel to Chu Chu Rocket League.

Come oooooon Sega

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

[quote="“ManSedan”" post="“476365533”"]
[/quote]

Blaster Master is only $10 and really good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
http://sendvid.com/90eo5548

Switch goat

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wasn't the Direct supposed to be at 3pm?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

RCarr posted:

Wasn't the Direct supposed to be at 3pm?

PST, 2.5 hours from now

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Blaster Master is only $10 and really good.

This is true. You'll need another game or two once you've played zelda for 300 hours but probably not before that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

PST, 2.5 hours from now

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

PST, 2.5 hours from now

stardew then?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Accounting for Labor Day weekend, in which my Switch sat in a UPS store for three days before they picked it up, I got my Switch back from Nintendo Repair in 10 days. They repaired it (I think they just gave me new Joycons) and sent it back out the same day they received it. And despite my having forgotten to take out the SD card, they put it in a nice little crack baggy and taped it to the inside of the box for me. Very happy with the service there. Gonna save the nice box and packaging they used in case I ever have to ship it again.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You have FAST RMX and RedOut coming soon. What more could you want?! :pseudo:

Maybe a racing game with track design that doesn't require maximum vehicle upgrades to even make them navigable without sliding along the walls, in a misguided attempt to pad gameplay length and add faux "replayability".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Puyo Puyo Tetris is $24.99 on US eShop right now

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris is $24.99 on US eShop right now

That's super tempting. I enjoyed the demo version a lot. What does the full game offer that makes it all the more worthwhile?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That's super tempting. I enjoyed the demo version a lot. What does the full game offer that makes it all the more worthwhile?

anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That's only the vita version

• Locked thread