Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Now the real question is how TayTay feels about face farting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah fair enough

ESPN's rankings put Jokic at 25. Wow! What a crap set of rankings. I can't believe these rankings

They have Nurkic at 44th, which is honestly the most insane thing I have ever seen in my life. The gently caress are these rankings lmao

JAY CROWDER IS 38 WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

euphronius posted:

Ming is fat as gently caress.

Hey man, don't talk about my boy like that

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So will Embiid play more or less games than his rank this year?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What was his rank?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

32 is way too high and he will play 65 games .

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Embiid is going to play 83 regular season games this year, book it baby.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

I agree but I can sort of see it because he was really good when he was actually able to play.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

he'll be top ten after this season if he plays 65 games

where'd they rank Ben Simmons?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Embiid is going to play 83 regular season games this year, book it baby.

I wonder who will trade for him?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
If Embiid is exactly as good as he was last year without any improvement, but plays 30+ mpg and 70 games then yes he would be a top 30 player in the league.

I don't think that will happen though sadly.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
he's already a top 5 defensive player

the impact he had on defense last year was ridiculous

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

I wonder who will trade for him?

I wonder if anyone will trade for Jahlil "the wheel" Okafor

They have Richuan Holmes so they're up a backup center. They'll probably showcase Jahlil in hopes of getting an okay pick. He's the ideal Stanchion to build your tanking/ never win a game team around

News:
The Hornets are going to wear their original Charlotte uniforms for a few games this season
http://www.nba.com/hornets/hornets-unveil-classic-uniform-2017-18-season

Westbrook signed a 10 year xxxtencion with Jordan Brand with no dollar value disclosed, just "richest Jordan brand contract"

The Wolves are trying to sign Dante Cunningham

The Morris's assault trial begins today
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2017/09/12/aggravated-assault-trial-begins-marcus-markieff-morris-twins-phoenix/657369001/

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 13, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

tanglewood1420 posted:

If Embiid is exactly as good as he was last year without any improvement, but plays 30+ mpg and 70 games then yes he would be a top 30 player in the league.

Stevie Lee posted:

he's already a top 5 defensive player

the impact he had on defense last year was ridiculous

Usually your defensive impact regresses as you play more minutes. But if he played 30+ & 70+ like he did last year (say a little lower usage and a little less defense to account for fatigue) he'd be a top 10 player. Even if he does play 2000+ minutes, I'd expect some performance regression as teams learn how to defend him better.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah these are nice but the ad makes it look like poo poo.

If they make an Iverson one of these I would be tempted.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tanglewood1420 posted:

something tells me he won't triple his amount of minutes played.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Metapod posted:

Okc blew a 3-1 lead to warriors in the wcf

Whoops I knew that

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Kevin Durant is the third most important player on the Warriors behind Steph and Draymond.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bashez posted:

Kevin Durant is the third most important player on the Warriors behind Steph and Draymond.

Uh oh you did it, I can feel him shaking from across the country.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kevin Durant's biggest contribution to the Warriors' championship prospects, despite being the best player on the team, was removing OKC as a competitor.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

r/sixers seems to hate it which just confirms that it's pretty awesome to me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Usually your defensive impact regresses as you play more minutes. But if he played 30+ & 70+ like he did last year (say a little lower usage and a little less defense to account for fatigue) he'd be a top 10 player. Even if he does play 2000+ minutes, I'd expect some performance regression as teams learn how to defend him better.

Yeah

Embiid has potential but when you are talking about best players you need to actually play in the NBA for awhile - in my opinion - before you can get ranked high. Having rookies on that list is mind boggling .

Oh well .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man I may have to buy one of those

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Bigass Moth posted:

Uh oh you did it, I can feel him shaking from across the country.

Next KD shoes are gonna have BASHEZ and THIRD BEST PLAYER written on the soles

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

aBagorn posted:

r/sixers seems to hate it which just confirms that it's pretty awesome to me

It looks like a fun holiday jersey to me.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I want the record books to show I do not support the over saturation of the shook meme

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

leftist heap posted:

I would just like to make it very clear that I draw a strong distinction between "best" and "important".

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Kibner posted:

It looks like a fun holiday jersey to me.

Flip the blue to green and it’s a perfect jersey for the Christmas game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Metapod posted:

I want the record books to show I do not support the over saturation of the shook meme

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
SAS met his match

https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/908007783475433472

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Five sounds about right

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

not the only visions they had in his backyard i'm guessing

do you guys think nba players get weirded out about how long their limbs are when they take acid

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SAS met his clickbait partner more like it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

SAS met his clickbait partner more like it

Sounds like a match to me

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/908031578441428995

Big baller moves

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lavar Ball stay OFF the WEEDUH

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
One of the funniest things about this offseason is we are starved for basketball yet it seems like nobody here is watching EuroBasket beyond twitter highlights.

Cool Buff Man posted:

ARe you guys really arguing about whether Taylor Swift is more "shook" than Kevin Durandal. And did someone say Becky version of Limonad

Fuckin season needs to start

You can tell we are getting near the end of the offseason when chat devolves into this.

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's a totally fine opinion but I don't know how I'm supposed to prove something by debating fake situations so you win
Run it 100 times each in 2k18 and Live 18. It's the most scientific way we have.

leftist heap posted:

If KD read this forums and was more shook by a Bashez post to the point of putting his name on the shoes, I would wake up early to buy those shoes on release.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Miami's definitely committed to their dudes

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/908086432996229120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

By p much any metric KD was better than Lebron in that series.

Even having It/The Look/Mamba mentality. With that Dagger he shot calmly with Lebron right in his loving face.

And actually probably not. Lebron wouldn't fit on that GSW team cleanly like KD was able to.

Lebron would require them to change their system. which is doable sure, but it'd be different.

KD stared down LeBron and hit a three in his face during the OKC v. MIA finals too. I bet Metapod remembers it clear

But I dunno about the second thing it's hard for me to imagine LeBron not fitting into basically any system, especially one that moves the ball. It'd probably let him focus more on defense. LeBron and Draymond defending together sounds like a world-class nightmare to play against.

I thought LeBron still looked overall better and more impactful of a player out there during the finals, especially during those final few minutes when the series was over and everyone on the Cavs had kinda given up except LeBron

I think NBA's best player still goes:
LeBron
Kawhi
(hold this slot for Jokic)
KD

but I wouldn't be surprised if LeBron finally fell off some this season. Also I been saying it for like half a decade now but I think KD is the most talented individual scorer I've ever watched. His spider body lets him do things nobody else in the league except Giannis can do, and Giannis is an all-star despite shooting .277 from 3

• Locked thread