Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Probs should have put that penalty away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
What did gomez get a red card for?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

CyberPingu posted:

Late tackle, second yellow

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

A 2nd booking

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Well Spartak couldn't even beat whoever that other team is and will probably be punished for the attempted murder so a top two finish is looking good for pool.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

ozmunkeh posted:

Don't think UEFA can just take over the etihad at that short notice

I don't get this reference. Does spartak play in "the etihad"?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Dirk Pitt posted:

I don't get this reference. Does spartak play in "the etihad"?

I think it works better with the Emirates stadium. Not Etihad tbh.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Tortuga posted:

Well Spartak couldn't even beat whoever that other team is and will probably be punished for the attempted murder

What?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

You fuckin heard me, Liverpool are gonna qualify

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Spartak fans fired a flare at the ref, op.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I guess the draw is fine. Anxiously looking forward to our 1st round knockout elimination.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Dirk Pitt posted:

Spartak fans fired a flare at the ref, op.

lol gently caress me

https://twitter.com/James_Dart/status/908070198468595712

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Tortuga posted:

You fuckin heard me, Liverpool are gonna qualify

Liverpoo will not qualify, same as their last foray in the CL. Pretending a point at home to Sevilla is good is loving delusional, so much for 'Fortress Anfield' and those magical European nights with the 12th man proving an advantage. Really needed 3 points there. Liverpool are more than capable of absolutely making GBS threads the bed away against the poorest sides, never mind any side that is well drilled.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao what kind of punishment do you even give for this? Like it should be immediate ejection from the tournament.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Decisive from Spurs except for Vertonghen going a bit mental at the end. In such a difficult group those are the crucial games to win.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I'm with Bacon. Liverpool seem to have been running on adrenaline to get them qualified for the CL and now the fuel that propelled Liverpool through that initial hurdle is gone and the results are reflecting that. Klopp can get the players to be better than their actual level for stretches at a time, but the real quality level eventually shows through because Klopp's style counts so much on fitness and aggression.

The Coutinho saga has screwed the midfield balance up and the midfield being screwed up is making the defense look even worse than it actually is.

Klopp can work through it, but it's definitely not a given that he'll be able to work through it before the group stage point tally is beyond salvaging.

I'm also having another meltdown about spending money on Oxlade-Chamberlain. I think Henry was right about him. What is his purpose?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
john stones... goal machine!?!

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

blue footed boobie posted:

lmao what kind of punishment do you even give for this? Like it should be immediate ejection from the tournament.

Definitely a fine and a game or two behind closed doors, which is par for the course for UEFA.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Liverpoo will not qualify, same as their last foray in the CL. Pretending a point at home to Sevilla is good is loving delusional, so much for 'Fortress Anfield' and those magical European nights with the 12th man proving an advantage. Really needed 3 points there. Liverpool are more than capable of absolutely making GBS threads the bed away against the poorest sides, never mind any side that is well drilled.

You people talk about Liverpool fans overreacting. Jesus christ. Sevilla are a very good team. We should have won that game but we are not a very good team. We will not get far in the tournament. We will most likely finish second. That is fine.

Brony Car posted:

I'm with Bacon. Liverpool seem to have been running on adrenaline to get them qualified for the CL and now the fuel that propelled Liverpool through that initial hurdle is gone and the results are reflecting that. Klopp can get the players to be better than their actual level for stretches at a time, but the real quality level eventually shows through because Klopp's style counts so much on fitness and aggression.

The Coutinho saga has screwed the midfield balance up and the midfield being screwed up is making the defense look even worse than it actually is.

Klopp can work through it, but it's definitely not a given that he'll be able to work through it before the group stage point tally is beyond salvaging.

I'm also having another meltdown about spending money on Oxlade-Chamberlain. I think Henry was right about him. What is his purpose?

I'm not sure Klopp knows how to sort this issue out. He's messed up the chance to fix the defence. There's committing to a style of attack which compromises your defence, and then there's the current clowncar we have. Constant individual mistakes are costing us games.

Ox was good when he came on to be fair. Should have been on fifteen minutes earlier and given the chance to run against the defence.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Bacon Terrorist posted:

lol chill out man this group is insanely easy

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

straight up brolic posted:

-Manchester United, 11/12

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Hoops posted:

Think they're the hardest team in the group by a country mile and I don't know if we can get anything away. Say 11 points gets you second, if we don't win this then we probably need to win both legs against the other teams. Which is possible, but when's the last time Liverpool went more than two games without loving something up

4 points against each of the other 2 would clinch 2nd unless one of them sweeps the other AND gets a win/2 draws against Sevilla, I think.

Fake Edit: And now I see Spartak didn't win so that should settle that!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Lol. Calm down, you clown.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Pushing out and then selling Sakho was a stupid power-play by Klopp.

Granted, he probably thought VVD was coming in, but he could have tried to mend fences and have at least one competent defender. Klavan is a joke and Lovren can't seem to stop giving up goals with rec league defending.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Klavan is fine. the impression of him sucking is because when he's rotated in, that generally means the midfield and fullbacks have been rotated, too, and he and his CB partner have basically zero protection. he's being tactically hung out to dry.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Reprisal posted:

Klavan is fine. the impression of him sucking is because when he's rotated in, that generally means the midfield and fullbacks have been rotated, too, and he and his CB partner have basically zero protection. he's being tactically hung out to dry.

Klavan would be a good fourth choice at any top six side. Unfortunately he's third (and occasionally second) choice.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
http://mvp.uefa.com/en/uefachampionsleague/results

Salah is voted UEFA Champions League player of the week by fans

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

straight up brolic posted:

Like the Ludogorets Basel Real Madrid group :allears:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

http://mvp.uefa.com/en/uefachampionsleague/results

Salah is voted UEFA Champions League player of the week by fans
I read a post on Reddit by an Egyptian guy explaining that because they haven't had a breakthrough Egyptian player basically ever, Egyptian fans are super excited to see Salah being a big name in the Premier League and Serie A and he's become an absolute megastar back home. So every Egyptian with an internet connection is voting for him to win every poll over and over again.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 15, 2017

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

I read a post on Reddit by an Egyptian guy explaining that because they haven't had a breakthrough Egyptian player basically ever, Egyptian fans are super excited to see Salah being a big name in the Premier League and Serie A and he's become an absolute megastar back home. So every Egyptian with an internet connection is voting for him to win every poll over and over again.

How quickly they forget fat gently caress Mido.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
hossam ghaly never forget

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

How quickly they forget fat gently caress Mido.

I was watching a documentary on Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mido gets interviewed pretty extensively due to his time at Ajax (and throwing scissors at Zlatan during a locker room argument). Mido attributes some of his acting out to not dealing well with the weight of expectations placed on him back in Egypt.

It's a pretty weak excuse on Mido's part,, but Salah seems to be working with that kind of pressure.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Amr Zaki was a glorious flash in the pan.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Amr Zaki was a glorious flash in the pan.

I just remember Steve Bruce growing to hate him after he had a dynamite start to that one season but can't recall the reasoning.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sticksy posted:

I just remember Steve Bruce growing to hate him after he had a dynamite start to that one season but can't recall the reasoning.

He would come back late from international breaks.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

sticksy posted:

he called him the most unprofessional player he ever worked with, wouldn't learn the language, late for training etc

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

chuggo is BACK posted:

he called him the most unprofessional player he ever worked with, wouldn't learn the language, late for training etc

and zaki was pretty bad too

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Some tasty games look to be upcoming this afternoon, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Liverpool will fail to get all three points.

• Locked thread