Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I played a 6'11 Rebounding/Slashing PF and it felt pretty good even with low ratings. I was able to make a pretty big impact on both ends, and was able to get in some pretty satisfying dunks on my defenders in the post in a way that the game has really struggled with in previous years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hopterque posted:

I played a 6'11 Rebounding/Slashing PF and it felt pretty good even with low ratings. I was able to make a pretty big impact on both ends, and was able to get in some pretty satisfying dunks on my defenders in the post in a way that the game has really struggled with in previous years.

that is appealing, I was gonna make my big dude in Live and go for a fast one in 2k but I think I'll switch that up and stick with my usual big dunk monster in 2k if they finally made contested dunks feel cool to pull off.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

sexpig by night posted:

so apparently they said playing a big in the paint is a much more satisfying experience in 2k18, anyone make one in the prelude to test that out? I'm torn between making a shorter and speed focused guy or a big center rear end kicker for my Driving & Finishing/Post Scorer

I did. I rarely do post moves just alley oops and put backs. I'm a nerd who likes defense and rebounding but ya a big was way more fun in the prelude my pg was trash

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

sexpig by night posted:

yea apparently 2k guys on twitter are specifically saying the post stuff is a big improvement, I typically play bigs too but this time I tried something new so I got no clue.

Good thing we can only play the prelude once

You can play it again if you go offline -> delete the prelude data -> reload the prelude offline -> reconnect and start again.

Specifically for big guys there's supposed to be better post animations and finesse for playing a lighter guy in the post.

Rebounding looks really strong, with the rebounding badge now giving a shooting bonus to the person you kick the ball out to after getting the board, and putbacks being easier for faster SFs and PFs.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 13, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/908064403735674882

Cool as gently caress.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dreylad posted:

You can play it again if you go offline -> delete the prelude data -> reload the prelude offline -> reconnect and start again.

Specifically for big guys there's supposed to be better post animations and finesse for playing a lighter guy in the post.

Rebounding looks really strong, with the rebounding badge now giving a shooting bonus to the person you kick the ball out to after getting the board, and putbacks being easier for faster SFs and PFs.

Sweet

Sweeter

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
That's a huge gently caress you to Live 😂

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Switch too?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Seems to be all platforms, seeing people say the steam release time has already been updated.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
the gently caress, Switch is same date

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Edit: vvvv better late then never

zelah fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 14, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztMGTTAjsAQ&t=1711s

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/908108135218397190

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Steve lied to me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

um what the gently caress 2k?

I can't pre-order the normal version on steam....

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

That's fuckin weird I was looking at it an hour ago and it was available for preordee

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

What did this say?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

What did this say?

I think it was him getting the release time wrong

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Lockback posted:

What did this say?

I believe it was the tweet that said that NBA2k18 digital preorders unlock at 9PM local time tomorrow for all systems. Maybe it was removed because it'll unlock at 9pm PST?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Or maybe not all systems

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm gonna play the basketball game

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
46 gigs wtf!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

verbal enema posted:

46 gigs wtf!

Which version?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Yeah, that sounds small

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
PS4 so yeah p tame

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Any difference between pc and ps4 versions of 2k18?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Wiltsghost posted:

Any difference between pc and ps4 versions of 2k18?

No, but the PC version is generally full of hackers if you play online at all and the online community is very small.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oi Glumslinger tell your dudes to put WNBA in 2K19 pls.

EDIT: Including like historic teams so I can play as Lauren Jackson, please and thank you.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'll play the open world haircut rpg mode if we can plan heists with tanks and helicopters.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

um what the gently caress 2k?

I can't pre-order the normal version on steam....

This was resolved at some point over night

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
10 hours

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

For the first time in a long time I'm not pre ordering 2k

I shall live vicariously through you guys during the launch. I expect it'll be a disaster

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
2k18 preload on PC is 56GB so be prepared for that.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If you pre ordered the physical at gamestop you can pick it up after 9 tonight too

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is anyone changing regions to unlock early?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/908321384509722625

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I want to clarify that is Live 18, not 2K18

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Glumslinger posted:

I want to clarify that is Live 18, not 2K18

Lol. I'm sorry Glum; I guess this is why you guys have owned them for a decade, but I can't stop laughing. It looks like a flying oompa loompa.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Here's the longer uncensored video, https://v.redd.it/dldeajx06jlz

Makes more sense that he's playing Live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

It's Bynum Jesus all over again

• Locked thread