Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

RPM is gonna merge again with another team cause it's already the corpse of like 5 teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

iospace posted:

Smithfield wanted to stay with Aric Almirola, where as Petty wanted to go with Bubba Wallace for next year.

Boo gently caress Almirola.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Danica not returning to SHR, Aric not returning to RPM. Connect the dots!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Danica will do better in the 10 than Almirola will

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RIP danica you had a lot of really huge crashes and then you died

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

RIP Danica Patrick's Cup career (unless somebody takes a flyer on her because they like having lots of body guys on staff).

Rode out Irma in Daytona. No power for two days. Rumors are our neighborhood not getting power back until Sunday. That, combined with the airport being closed, has us in a hotel until Saturday (I was supposed to be back at my desk at work right now).

The typical restoration time even after the worst storms was a little over a day because of our location on a power grid which runs right down International Speedway Blvd and eventually connects to a hospital. The rumor on a neighborhood social media site before the storm came in is we were taken off that grid because of One Daytona, Lesa France's legacy project and high-end shopping center, hence this situation. :fuckoff:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
If we lose Danica we lose the eyes!!!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

"Hey, hey, I wanna be a Pearn star." - Chad Kroeger

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Ah, sponsor drama :allears:

Petty
https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/907697278042783744

Smithfield
https://twitter.com/SmithfieldFoods/status/907721974306177024

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Smithfield foods owns petty, no we killed the deal because you suck at racing stop trippin. Gonna sponsor the horse face dude.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ambrose was like the only acceptable driver they've had in that team for a while lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:drat:

Smithfield dropping bombs lol

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
For that reason, and that reason alone. :drat:

SPiTZ
Aug 9, 2004
"Oh yeah, Smithfield Foods? At least I didn't cheat on my wife."
-Richard Petty

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
"at least our cars aren't made with slave labor"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I wasn't aware that pork companies were "performance driven"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Well they sponsored petty for numerous years so they clearly weren't until that very moment.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They were recently bought out by a Chinese company, maybe when the books were audited they realized how poo poo RPM is vs how much they are paying them.

also just lol if you don't demand high performance pork when you eat.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I like how they wanted good performance but wanted Almirola still.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

big nipples big life posted:

They were recently bought out by a Chinese company, maybe when the books were audited they realized how poo poo RPM is vs how much they are paying them.

also just lol if you don't demand high performance pork when you eat.

The "performance" was sexual.

THEY WERE loving THE PIGS.

Richard Petty accepted a tenth of a billion dollars to keep their secret. Then they fled to China, leaving Dear Richard behind holding the jurisdictional bag. Now he's feigning repentance but no apology will wash the stain from his reputation or the shame from his soul.

Now back to DW in the booth.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BOGGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY LET'S GO RACIN BOYS AND DA.. :saddowns:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Like I said a week ago, y'all thought it was cute when Richard Petty ignored instructions on-track at Darlington, when really it was the first sign of dementia.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Who's hand was Petty shaking?!:tinfoil:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

There's talk about Danica Patrick being admitted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

Let's ask Sara Christian, who actually has a Top 5 in Cup:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hall of fame for what lmao

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Norns posted:

Hall of fame for what lmao

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/908075379587297280

https://twitter.com/Kenny_Wallace/status/908076328037048321

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

With that reasoning we could put the turn 4 wall at Daytona into the HoF. It definitely put NASCAR in front of a lot of eyes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

With that reasoning we could put the turn 4 wall at Daytona into the HoF. It definitely put NASCAR in front of a lot of eyes.

:tviv:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Is anyone else in the NASCAR hall of fame for engaging a demographic of fan and promoting the sport while simultaneously being garbage on track?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

:perfect:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Danica's going to get in the Hall of Fame for being a trailblazer and pioneer for women in racing!"

...who rode a wave of ESPN-induced hype she herself eventually bought into, creating an egotistical twat obsessed with her own brand, who made a career out of (to her credit) a tremendous mastery of how to work sponsors and the media, eventually garnering a sponsor who would back anything she wanted to do, won one race in her entire career on a fluke, transitioned to NASCAR and accomplished nothing with JRM dba Hendrick and SHR other than knock down a bunch of walls, and whose career in NASCAR ended, ironically enough, because she couldn't find a sponsor.

If anything, she made it harder for women to succeed in NASCAR because, if she really were a pathfinder, Johanna Long would have a ride but she wasn't hot enough or something and never got anything more than that #70 car in NXS. I literally can't name a female driver anywhere in the NASCAR ladder right now other than Kenzie Ruston.

Oh, and she'll be first-ballot because we're a country, culture, and world which worships celebrity while some guy who actually won races will get passed over.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 13, 2017

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

jesus christ, dude

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

:wow:

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Danica's going to get in the Hall of Fame for being a trailblazer and pioneer for women in racing!"

...who rode a wave of ESPN-induced hype she herself eventually bought into, creating an egotistical twat obsessed with her own brand, who made a career out of (to her credit) a tremendous mastery of how to work sponsors and the media, eventually garnering a sponsor who would back anything she wanted to do, won one race in her entire career on a fluke, transitioned to NASCAR and accomplished nothing with JRM dba Hendrick and SHR other than knock down a bunch of walls, and whose career in NASCAR ended, ironically enough, because she couldn't find a sponsor.

If anything, she made it harder for women to succeed in NASCAR because, if she really were a pathfinder, Johanna Long would have a ride but she wasn't hot enough or something and never got anything more than that #70 car in NXS. I literally can't name a female driver anywhere in the NASCAR ladder right now other than Kenzie Ruston.

Oh, and she'll be first-ballot because we're a country, culture, and world which worships celebrity while some guy who actually won races will get passed over.

Please rename CBJ to "Daytona Inside Wall"

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I do think Danica is done with racing after this year and will do just fine as a professional semi-famous person from there on out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

She'll just release yoga videos or whatever

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Did anybody post that Blaney will also be sponsored by Menards and Motorcraft next year, in effect meaning the 12 and 21 are splitting two sponsorships over one season?

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-menards-ryan-blaney-penske-2018-947075/

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 14, 2017

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Norns posted:

She'll just release yoga videos or whatever

Won't be as good as DDP Yoga. (that poo poo seriously owns)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

"Three or four days ago I had a great plan to do sprint cars, and see if I could do an IndyCar race or two, do a couple of NASCAR races like the [Daytona] 500, the Brickyard, things like that," Kahne said.

That actually sounds really cool if he didn't find a Cup ride. He also said he's talked to SHR but it's not going to happen:

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/144077-kahne-considering-partial-indycar-program-in-2018

e- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPfHdZzn2nQ

We're having fun with this video in Discord right now.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

It's the appropriately matching quality to the game.

• Locked thread