Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Cait Sith uses a megaphone as a weapon, so :confuoot:
It's pretty silly how few people can use Bard skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Tyro also gets a pass since that's his gimmick. He's basically what would happen if an idiot kid wanted to enter the Matrix. He downloads all the skills into his brain, but he's still an idiot kid.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Deuce being a bard is her entire identity, killing imperial troops with musical notes while you slow march around

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HPanda posted:

Anyone else think it's weird how selective FFRK is about who gets to be a bard and who has access to the best bard abilities? Because Kefka gets to have full access to bard without having sung a single thing in his game, yet Yuna has no bard, and Eiko doesn't get natural 5* (so no 6*). Some of the others get full bard access due to being more general talents, like Sarah and Gogo. And yet Celes doesn't get a nod, even with her opera outfit.

Is Edward the only character who actually sings in his game that gets full bard access? I'm not familiar with Type 0. Cait Sith is supporty so he gets a pass (also maybe he sings? Haven't played 7 in a while).

On that note, Squall should get at least 3* dancer.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Kefka has generally been given instruments in Dissidia specifically so they can call one of them Dancing Mad. I would have given him Dancer 5/Bard 4 instead of the other way around for that reason, but I suppose they really wanted another bard.

Sarah (FF1) does at least give you the Lute in-game, and it's the only thing she does other than get kidnapped, so that they gave her the Ancient Lute as her SSB relic and thus instrument/bard access doesn't surprise me.

Prism fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 13, 2017

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I didn't even realize Kefka was still waiting on his record spheres. Was he the last one, or did Mog or some other poor instrument using sap get screwed over again?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Mog is the only remaining non-core roster member without a record sphere in global.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Turns out Sea lion is very sub 30s doable with legend dived bsb papa and terra with enfire ssb and osb.

3 sub 30s clears now with water fire and ice. Looking at wind next

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

ApplesandOranges posted:

Garnet is going to get Bard 5 (thus 6) access in a few months.

Misread that as Barret and was really drat confused for a moment.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

HPanda posted:

Is Edward the only character who actually sings in his game that gets full bard access? I'm not familiar with Type 0. Cait Sith is supporty so he gets a pass (also maybe he sings? Haven't played 7 in a while).

Deuce doesn't sing, but her main weapon is a flute, very similar to Eiko. Sarah actually gives you the LUTE in FF1 and arguably uses it herself in endgame plot, Cait Sith uses megaphones, Kefka's entirely because of what Prism said.

Cattail Prophet posted:

I didn't even realize Kefka was still waiting on his record spheres. Was he the last one, or did Mog or some other poor instrument using sap get screwed over again?

Now that bard motes (and Kefka Record Sphere) have hit, the "Screwed by BRA*BRA" ladder is has moved upwards to:

Mog's missing his Record Sphere, Mog and Edward are still both waiting on their Legend Spheres, and we're waiting on the stacking 5* Bard Boostga/Faithga skills. These all came out (except for Mog's Record Sphere) in the BRA*BRA event that happened during 30th Anniversary, but I would not expect any of these changes to hit at the same time, if at all.

Mog doesn't get his LMR/USB in either of the upcoming FF6 events, either, so he'll probably be screwed a very, very long time. As usual.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Sep 13, 2017

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Adel posted:

Misread that as Barret and was really drat confused for a moment.

You know you want the Sultry Lounge Singer Barret dress record. :v:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I keep banging my head against a wall on magicites. Even with spamming mag-blinks, BSB/SSB heals, radiant shield, and top tier relics I can't even get close to what should arguably be the easiest one for me, the fire one. What am I doing wrong?

SB List: https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/FTe5#tab_soulstrikes

OSB
Earth- Rinoa Angelstar
Wind- Cloud Finishing Touch
Water- Tidus Energy Rain

CHAIN
Wind- Zack Lucky Stars

USB
Lightning- Lightning Army of One
Wind- Faris Pirate Princess
Heals- Vanille Convalescence

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Liquid Flame is arguably the second hardest, at least as far as I see it, because he demands heavy DPS and doesn't really feed a lot of SB bars.

Try Bismarck/Hydra/Sealion first, who are more demanding in terms of healing output, but don't have as many gimmicks - it's a matter of outliving them.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

djfooboo posted:

I keep banging my head against a wall on magicites. Even with spamming mag-blinks, BSB/SSB heals, radiant shield, and top tier relics I can't even get close to what should arguably be the easiest one for me, the fire one. What am I doing wrong?

OSB
Earth- Rinoa Angelstar
Water- Tidus Energy Rain

CHAIN
Wind- Zack Lucky Stars

USB

I'd give a team of Tidus, Paine, Onion Knight, Ramza, and Vanille a try against Liquid Flame. Gear up on resist instant ko. If you have some empower water magicites, all the better.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Liquid Flame is arguably the second hardest, at least as far as I see it, because he demands heavy DPS and doesn't really feed a lot of SB bars.

Try Bismarck/Hydra/Sealion first, who are more demanding in terms of healing output, but don't have as many gimmicks - it's a matter of outliving them.

By fire one, I mean sealion

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

djfooboo posted:

OSB
Earth- Rinoa Angelstar
Water- Tidus Energy Rain

CHAIN
Wind- Zack Lucky Stars

USB

You have amazing relics, you can definitely handle some. I'm honestly a little jealous, especially of that Strago BSB. Your only weird blank seems to be Medica BSBs, but a Wrath spamming Rosa SSB can do amazing.

I would go for Bismark first with a mage team:

Desch BSB/Ashe BSB/Rapha BSB/Mog BSB/Rosa SSB

Desch can wrath up to BSB, Ashe goes Sudden Thunder into BSB with maybe Orlandeau's RM3 to set up Wall fast, Rapha with Dr.Mog, Mog with Mako Might to cover ST healing with Shellga, Rosa with Protectga and Wrath. You've got 4 healers, a MND boost and a Magic Blink snuck into this party; it'll be easy to clear and you can work on good times later. Maybe swapping Mog for Onion BSB if it's too much healing for a faster clear, Shantotto instead of Ashe for the self-Memento Mori, ect.)

~~~

Honestly, you might be able to got (Mage 1)/(Mage 2)/(Faithga)/[Mog/Onion BSB]/Rosa SSB every single Magicite, you've got lots of nice mage stuff. Focusing on BSBs since I have no idea about your hones. Lots of Lightning options and a little weak on Ice, but tackling them in order should get you started on clearing them.

Lightning vs. Bismark: Desch BSB / Ashe BSB / Rapha BSB / Shantotto BSB
Water vs. Liquid Flame: Not full mage team, but Strago BSB / Rikku BSB / Edge SSB (spam Water Veil/Phantasm) / Onion BSB (spam Water Veil/Phantasm/or Instant BSB commands) / Rosa SSB should clear it easy.
Fire vs. Sealion: Vivi BSB / Papalymo BSB
Ice vs. Fenrir: Shantotto BSB / Rinoa BSB
Wind vs. Golem: Strago BSB / Alphinaud BSB
Earth vs Hydra: Strago BSB / Rydia BSB

pichupal fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 13, 2017

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I'll just throw out that I made my first several tries at various magicite using Rosa wrathing into SSB, and couldn't do it. I switched over to Vanille BSB (even before legend diving her) and got them much easier. Rosa's SSB is certainly good for an SSB, but she still has a hard time keeping up with only that and maybe an extra curaja on someone else for healing.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Guys Golbez is really hard, don't underestimate him. Damage racing the Black Dragon when you don't have the proper BSBs or USBs is nearly impossible.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Schwartzcough posted:

I'll just throw out that I made my first several tries at various magicite using Rosa wrathing into SSB, and couldn't do it. I switched over to Vanille BSB (even before legend diving her) and got them much easier. Rosa's SSB is certainly good for an SSB, but she still has a hard time keeping up with only that and maybe an extra curaja on someone else for healing.

I was thinking the MND boost and Instant Curaja from Mog BSB combined with Rosa SSB should be able to cover healing, but not having it made it hard for me to guess how it would work in practice. I'll take your word for it.

I did miss Eiko's BSB on their list the first time through so she can definitely replace Rosa. It might mean you'll have an easier time with physical teams rather then magical for the extra DPS. Maybe Sealion with Auron, Refia, Ramza, Eiko and either an extra healer or Steiner with his Imperil SSB? Lightning USB would work well for Bismark, either paired with good Thundering Twinstrike hones or an Entrust battery.

I still think the mage Lightning team I listed should have no trouble getting a clear - Ashe can self heal, Rapha can heal with her CMD 1, Mog has Instant Curaja and Rosa has her SSB. Should be fairly safe as long as you keep your defensive buffs up.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I've unlocked level 99 on all the magicites with special entries from bosses I can actually beat.

I'm tempted to get a second Wendigo, my terrible Ice mage team is close to beating Fenrir and it might be the final push I need.

But how useful will that be long term? I'm just one decent ice bsb from beating Fenrir already and Edea's BSB is on the selection banner in a few weeks.

Plus there is the new inheritance system to consider. Any advice on what I should do?

The alternative to a second Wendigo would be farming up one of the 3* magicites without an entry but I don't see the point in them. Am I missing something about them?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

Damage racing the Black Dragon when you don't have the proper BSBs or USBs is nearly impossible.

If you're not worried about CMs, all you need is someone with Enholy and Guardbringer. And maybe a second somebody with Enholy and Saint Cross, if you really want to be sure. Imperil helps (especially in the D300) but it's not mandatory.

Trying to use BSB commands on it was what got me killed in my first attempt; the added potency from actual abilities is starting to make a difference.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I have Guardbringer, and I have Enholy, but I don't have both on one character. Guess that was my issue.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I have cecil's USB which is really only good for making guardbringer work better

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Just BARELY beat the D200 CM. Cecil and Kain both with BSBs and Cloud USB RW. Boost skill for boostga. Cecil was the only guy left standing and his last Paladin Force did the trick.

people diss paladin force but i'll be damned if it doesn't keep putting in work

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Got Bismark to 50%, I egged Desch for my next go at it.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
3CM down.

Agrias SSBx2, BSB
Ramza SSB, SSB2, USB Banising Strike Armor Breakdown

Golbez BSB Memento Mori Meltdown
70 Gilbert Shellga Full Break
72 Porom SSB Curada Protectga

RW Cloud USB

Typical Ramza and Cloud fueled mega beatdown. Golbez BSB was useless as expected but he did some damage with Meltdown. Bonus points for summoning my own Shadow Dragon if you ask me.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Prav posted:

people diss paladin force but i'll be damned if it doesn't keep putting in work

Yep. It's the only reason I was able to beat the FFT torment.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i typically don't bother with the Torment D200 5 man CMs if I dont have some sort of native medica

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Missed this before, but

KPC_Mammon posted:

The alternative to a second Wendigo would be farming up one of the 3* magicites without an entry but I don't see the point in them. Am I missing something about them?

Most of the esoteric bonus effects (Fast Act, crit boosting, things like that) are on the no-entry 3*s. The ones with entry effects just have stat and elemental boosts.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Ok yeah I tried to bring Ceodore w/ BSB to the 200 CM, and the damage is just pitiful. On the flip side, not really sure how I'm supposed to kill both these fuckers using single-target stuff to burn down the dragon without relying on my only BSB to stretch hones. Maybe this CM is just beyond me. Rosa USB should make me near immortal but auto-kills is auto-kills, and Edward, as always, is real bad without any SB.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Ahhhh goddammit this sucks I can't beat any of the other magicites and I don't know why. I'm not sure if it's a relic issue or team issue or not optimizing my choices during the fights or what but other than spamming Terra OSB on Sealion with 2 healers and Last Stand I can't seem to find anything that does enough damage to any of the other bosses.

The trade-offs suck too. If I add more boostgas for more damage I lose something else important and I always end up falling short. This is really annoying. I even have a Sealion magicite at 99 along with a 99 Taharka and some other ice boost magicite but it doesn't seem to help much. Like on Fenrir the wind blink is great but when he just spams AoE it's really hard to keep up with Ovelia's SB for blinks. As he gets lower on hp he does AoE a lot more frequently and sometimes I have no idea when he's going to do it and I end up wasting a big damage attack on his stupid physical blink.

Then I tried Bismarck and while I can spam Orlandeau and Lightning OSBs I can't get them to do even close to 99999 without more boostgas which means less healing which means Bismarck wins the damage race. It's really frustrating because I feel like I should be able to do at least one other magicite besides Sealion.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Ahhhh goddammit this sucks I can't beat any of the other magicites and I don't know why. I'm not sure if it's a relic issue or team issue or not optimizing my choices during the fights or what but other than spamming Terra OSB on Sealion with 2 healers and Last Stand I can't seem to find anything that does enough damage to any of the other bosses.

The trade-offs suck too. If I add more boostgas for more damage I lose something else important and I always end up falling short. This is really annoying. I even have a Sealion magicite at 99 along with a 99 Taharka and some other ice boost magicite but it doesn't seem to help much. Like on Fenrir the wind blink is great but when he just spams AoE it's really hard to keep up with Ovelia's SB for blinks. As he gets lower on hp he does AoE a lot more frequently and sometimes I have no idea when he's going to do it and I end up wasting a big damage attack on his stupid physical blink.

Then I tried Bismarck and while I can spam Orlandeau and Lightning OSBs I can't get them to do even close to 99999 without more boostgas which means less healing which means Bismarck wins the damage race. It's really frustrating because I feel like I should be able to do at least one other magicite besides Sealion.

I was able to clear bismark with a double entrust strat and Orlandeau's OSB + a single +lightning armor. What did you team look like? I have Noctis SSB, shout, and a healer BSB to round out the team. With two lightning OSBs, you may be able to get around missing the noctis SSB.

What does your team look like?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Stirdog posted:

I was able to clear bismark with a double entrust strat and Orlandeau's OSB + a single +lightning armor. What did you team look like? I have Noctis SSB, shout, and a healer BSB to round out the team. With two lightning OSBs, you may be able to get around missing the noctis SSB.

What does your team look like?

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong :)

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

If you have Lightning's USB and OSB you don't need any other DPS, take a second healer instead of cid. Give Ramza entrust as well.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

KPC_Mammon posted:

If you have Lightning's USB and OSB you don't need any other DPS, take a second healer instead of cid.

I have every Lightning relic except for her USB. I keep trying to build 2.5 bars then doing enLightning SSB then spam OSB but, well, death. :shrug:

Would it be better to use her BSB2 instead of her SSB before spamming OSB? I have no idea what to do.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Your setup looks okay. You have really nice stuff assuming you have shout for Ramza. You could put some elemental resistance on, but if I remember bismark does more than one element.

Is the problem that you get to 1:20 without killing him or that you die due to incoming damage? You have an instant cast medica, so you could consider shifting some entrusts over to your healer. The goal is to finish by 1:20ish when the rage timer hits, so if you're dying you may be playing too aggressive. I doubt you can't get enough OSBs out in time. you'll need somewhere in the order of 10 or so. Another option would be to go with a healer that has an AOE heal command or to LD Vanille for some double cast action. I will admit that I have a full LD Y'shtola and doublecast medica commands are simply outrageous for keeping the team at full health.

If that armor for lightning provides her en-lightning SSB you should deffinately use that before the OSBs and then focus entrusts to her. the +80% damage on SSBs from en-element is enough to offset the lower potency that Orlandeau. Consider making another R2 entrust and giving it to Ramza in place of life siphon. This will provide you 2-3 more OSBs over the course of the battle.

It's sometimes hard to gauge for me how much of a difference party instant cast from Noctis SSB makes. It feels like it gives you 30% more turns which is effectively a 30% DSP and healing boost for the other 4 members of the party. I made that number up, but regardless I highly recommend it. It makes this a way different game because you don't have to wait for cast times which changes the decision making dynamic a lot.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have every Lightning relic except for her USB. I keep trying to build 2.5 bars then doing enLightning SSB then spam OSB but, well, death. :shrug:

Would it be better to use her BSB2 instead of her SSB before spamming OSB? I have no idea what to do.

SSB should still be enough prior to the OSB. I'd still use 2 entrust bots and 2 healers with her.

Edit: I have her use life siphon until she can en-Lightning and then spam OSBs through both entrust bots, only using twinstrike when she doesn't have soul meter available (usually 2-3 times, but that should be even rarer for you, since you don't have the reduced action time).

I'm under 45 seconds, without the USB I'd think you'd still get it before 2 uses of wall wear off.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 14, 2017

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

ZiegeDame posted:

Ok yeah I tried to bring Ceodore w/ BSB to the 200 CM, and the damage is just pitiful. On the flip side, not really sure how I'm supposed to kill both these fuckers using single-target stuff to burn down the dragon without relying on my only BSB to stretch hones. Maybe this CM is just beyond me. Rosa USB should make me near immortal but auto-kills is auto-kills, and Edward, as always, is real bad without any SB.

Meanwhile the JS CM was a loving joke because the only thing better than a legend dived Cid Raines is a legend dived Cid Raines with Agrias BSB backup. Also Kain was there.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Weak to holy?

Now this is a torment I'm likely to not have issues with...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Tried to CM the 200 Torment with 67 Cecil, 99 Ceodore/Kain/Edward, 90 Rosa, couldn't do the damage race against the dragon even with Cloud USB active, so I said screw it, swapped in Agrias, Cat, and Ramza for Cecil, Rosa, and Edward, and the difference was night and day.
Wish we had the drat +atk songs for bards besides the crappy 3* ability, it would've been the edge I needed to CM that.

On the plus side, Agrias doing Holy Knight Charge - Cloud USB - (Ramza USB goes here) - BSB entry - BSB entry is like running them both over with a dump truck, which was satisfying. Maybe I should finally say screw it and dive her, I've already got over 200 each of the motes she needs, and I have all her relics.

• Locked thread