Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: Oh my God Pete Dunne is the absolute loving best. :lol:

That was Kevin Owens level heeling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It's a comedy forum for jokes

Nothing we could come up with would be funnier or more of a bomb than than team name

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I should be doing work but instead I did a thing

Sigma fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 14, 2017

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whatever happened to the whole Burch/Oney thing?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Phenix Rising posted:

Whatever happened to the whole Burch/Oney thing?

Paired for the Dusty Classic, they had a segment last week I think

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It's a comedy forum for jokes

That would require them actually being funny. Like making actual jokes about it is different than going LMAO at something. RGL is a good example re: his take on Lunatic Fringe. That was funny.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sigma posted:

The Pittsburgh Penguins will win the 2018 Stanley Cup and beat *spins wheel of teams that have a chance to win their first cup* huh Vancouver wow.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
they should named them O'Really Cold Fish

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Must watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrsk-wwYHfI

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Accident Underwater posted:

Paired for the Dusty Classic, they had a segment last week I think

I remember Burch having a segment backstage talking about doing one more match, then they were training together in that PC clip where Ruby demanded the Billie/Peyton match. Been holding out hope for a third match because I wanna see them punch each other until they officially become best friends.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I like how the crowd uses cell phone pics of solo cups for the Street Profits because they don't want to buy the Official Street Profits Solo Cup TM

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

achillesforever6 posted:

I like how the crowd uses cell phone pics of solo cups for the Street Profits because they don't want to buy the Official Street Profits Solo Cup TM

If I remember from the tapings correctly, someone at Full Sail brought a whole bunch of red cups and passed them out beforehand. Security, I guess, didn't like that so they confiscated them. That's where the pictures of cups on phones comes in.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Observer reported that Izzy handed them out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
That troublemaker.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

That was Kevin Owens level heeling

Somehow, some day, I so very badly want to see Owens and Dunne team up, if only for how great it's going to be when one of them stabs the other in the back.

CFO vs. the UK crew should be fantastic, if they're actually angling towards that. I'll be happy to see them put the UK guys to work finally. Gotta say though, as talented as Wolfgang is, he's just not clicking with me for some reason.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Street prophets rule. Push em to the moon.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is the Dusty Classic happening this year? Last year's tourney kinda got tanked by injuries, but it's a good idea and I was hoping it would keep being a yearly thing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just spitballing a potential Dusty tournament this year, looking at the current roster:

Sanity
Authors of Pain
Fish/O'Reilly
Bate/Seven
Heavy Machinery
Street Profits
Lorcan/Burch

Throw some singles guys together (Itami, Ohno, Black, Almas, Gargano, Jose, Sullivan, Velveteen Dream, maybe include Drew and Dunne since Finn/Joe established that singles champs can enter and win) and PC jobbers to fill out the numbers, and I think that's a pretty good field.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I really like the whole Ruby/Nikki angle, mostly because I want to hear Nikki say "Ruuubbyyy... Ruuubbbyyy!!" in her accent again. Not a spectacular match but it's hopefully building the feud again into something nice. Ideally, a title feud (as much as I love Kairi, maybe they need to hold off on her getting the title just yet).

I also like the possibility of the ex-ROH guys fighting the UK guys, though the Pete Dunne thing was great. A question though: can someone point me to a really good Adam Cole match? I know little about him and I think you all would point me to something better than a Google search would.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
As I've said in the past Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake have been green lit for TV. Expect them in the Dusty if/when there is one.

I had reliable info on TM61 returning imminently about a month ago at this stage but obviously, that hasn't come to pass on live events yet.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
good ep tonight. bonus clip, seems like we'll get Fish & O'Riley vs Bate & Seven at the next taping

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/908133374656602112

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Aleister speaks?

I honestly can't recall him speaking before, I hope he has a cool voice.

He does indeed.

Does anyone think Riddick Moss looks like a big Shia Labeouf?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

rovert posted:

As I've said in the past Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake have been green lit for TV. Expect them in the Dusty if/when there is one.

I don't know why they broke up Blake and Murphy, that was a perfectly decent midcard team (if only interesting when they had Alexa around) and the tag division can always use reliable hands. They would've been a perfect filler feud during AoP's title run -- enough credibility to challenge and put them over strong, while giving the green workers important ring experience on the house shows. Oh well.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Auritech posted:

I really like the whole Ruby/Nikki angle, mostly because I want to hear Nikki say "Ruuubbyyy... Ruuubbbyyy!!" in her accent again. Not a spectacular match but it's hopefully building the feud again into something nice. Ideally, a title feud (as much as I love Kairi, maybe they need to hold off on her getting the title just yet).

I also like the possibility of the ex-ROH guys fighting the UK guys, though the Pete Dunne thing was great. A question though: can someone point me to a really good Adam Cole match? I know little about him and I think you all would point me to something better than a Google search would.

Look up the O'reily vs Adam Cole matches in ROH. Those are really good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

I don't know why they broke up Blake and Murphy, that was a perfectly decent midcard team (if only interesting when they had Alexa around) and the tag division can always use reliable hands. They would've been a perfect filler feud during AoP's title run -- enough credibility to challenge and put them over strong, while giving the green workers important ring experience on the house shows. Oh well.

I don't know why either. They weren't great but they were better than the Ascenion, Vaudevillians and the Hype Bros. I do know that Buddy Murphy has a bad reputation internally for having a bad attitude, not listening etc.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Full Sail

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

rovert posted:

I don't know why either. They weren't great but they were better than the Ascenion, Vaudevillians and the Hype Bros. I do know that Buddy Murphy has a bad reputation internally for having a bad attitude, not listening etc.

Didn't stop them from pushing Enzo, though he's obviously a much better talker.

And I honestly wonder if questioning the PC's methods is a bad thing these days. CJ Parker was a random heel geek -- not terrible, but clearly slotted into a prelim ceiling with no upward mobility. He left and did time in the NJPW Young Lion system, and suddenly Juice Robinson is this awesome babyface with tons of charisma. He's not a top guy, but developed into a solid fan favorite who lives up to his push when he gets the chance, and he can have a great match with pretty much anyone.

Now that's only one example, and probably an extreme one, but the fact that NXT saw nothing in Juice (a minor indie background, but mostly a homegrown talent) is hardly a ringing endorsement for the PC.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I just want some kind of long match with Cole, Fish and O'Reilly against British Strong Style

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I want every team to lose to the bald bruising buddies of lorcan and burch

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Look up the O'reily vs Adam Cole matches in ROH. Those are really good.

They also had a great match in PWG. I'd say Cole's best match was his 60 minute iron Man match vs. Sami Callahan from PWG's Is Your Body Ready?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

abraham linksys posted:

good ep tonight. bonus clip, seems like we'll get Fish & O'Riley vs Bate & Seven at the next taping

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/908133374656602112

What a great thumbnail for that video.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Riddick Moss is trash and he hasn't improved at all since I saw him at house shows in 2015. I'd imagine that Tino is similarly stagnant cause it's insane that WWE has a former NFL guy with a body like that and he can't even get a match jobbing on NXT.

I love everything about Street Profits except their finisher. There's too many frog splashes and I feel like Montez is athletic enough to do something better than that.

Also I liked that Pete Dunne attacked the ROH guys and they didn't do the all heels are automatically friends thing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/WWENXT/videos/1448372955212264/

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Benne posted:

Didn't stop them from pushing Enzo, though he's obviously a much better talker.

And I honestly wonder if questioning the PC's methods is a bad thing these days. CJ Parker was a random heel geek -- not terrible, but clearly slotted into a prelim ceiling with no upward mobility. He left and did time in the NJPW Young Lion system, and suddenly Juice Robinson is this awesome babyface with tons of charisma. He's not a top guy, but developed into a solid fan favorite who lives up to his push when he gets the chance, and he can have a great match with pretty much anyone.

Now that's only one example, and probably an extreme one, but the fact that NXT saw nothing in Juice (a minor indie background, but mostly a homegrown talent) is hardly a ringing endorsement for the PC.

So what you're saying is they should never have fired Bill DeMott and replaced him with Albert?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Reigning Olympic wrestling champion Erica Wiebe visits the WWE Performance Center
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/olympic-gold-medalist-erica-wiebe-wwe-performance-center

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lacey Evans‏'s home was destroyed in the hurricane.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
they should start an excursion program like njpw and send tino and riddick to a toilet

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/908501258784428032

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sigma posted:

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Stale Saltines posted:

I love everything about Street Profits except their finisher. There's too many frog splashes and I feel like Montez is athletic enough to do something better than that.

True but his frog splash is nice.

I'm really loving Street Profits. Partly because it's fun to see Dawkins in something people like after being around forever, but mostly because Montez Ford has a poo poo ton of charisma. If he's any good on the mic the guy's going to go far. I also enjoy how they keep celebrating with their superfan, fat dude in a red shirt with glasses.

• Locked thread