Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Oh that's pretty nice, h1z1 is a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Anyone pick up Samurai Shodown V Special? How is it?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Attitude Indicator posted:

It's an online shooter that is apparently good

E: it's like TLoU multiplayer, but with more people, i think?

TLoU multi with more people is basically just SOCOM, which was badass fun back in the day. Also, not really applicable to current voice chat standards...but everyone on the team shared one comm channel in that game and could only talk one at a time, which was hilarious, frustrating, and sort of amazingly tense, too.

Regardless, the cool design concepts of SOCOM are just waiting to be reinvented in a new context now that the IRAQ WAR MODE media decade has moved on to new things.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/09/13/bruce-straley-director-of-uncharted-2-and-the-last-of-us-is-leaving-naughty-dog.aspx

Bruce Straley is departing Naughty Dog, which pretty much means that TloU 2 represents the swan song of Naughty Dog's 3rd development generation, after Balestra, Richmond, Nate Wells, and Amy Hennig's departure.

Evan Wells remains as pres, but I gather he'll be out after Tlou 2 or at least be looking to Druckman to step up as co-pres, which will likely spell a new direction for the studio.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"and while we bid a fond farewell to our TLoU staff, we're really excited to share the new direction this project has been going in. We've brought on David Cage to handle the story and Peter Molyneux will be handling the game systems back end. Now if you'll just look here, you'll see players using their mobile app to score lootcrates for the campaign..."

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

they could hire that dude who worked on mass effect 3's ending and then somehow still got invited back to dumpster andromeda

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
poo poo yeah, Uncharted LL came out in Japan finally and we do indeed get the same deal others do about the U4 deluxe edition. The newest and I guess best Uncharted game unexpectedly for free.

edit: and this time, starring actual mercenary warriors!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jimbot posted:

Anyone pick up Samurai Shodown V Special? How is it?

Great

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I'm probably missing something stupidly obvious, but I've "purchased" the Star Wars Battlefield Season Pass, it shows as both downloaded and installed. It doesn't show up in the game other than the multiplayer screen which shows them all locked. What have I missed?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/09/13/bruce-straley-director-of-uncharted-2-and-the-last-of-us-is-leaving-naughty-dog.aspx

Bruce Straley is departing Naughty Dog, which pretty much means that TloU 2 represents the swan song of Naughty Dog's 3rd development generation, after Balestra, Richmond, Nate Wells, and Amy Hennig's departure.

Evan Wells remains as pres, but I gather he'll be out after Tlou 2 or at least be looking to Druckman to step up as co-pres, which will likely spell a new direction for the studio.

They'll be alright, they have done well after previous significant turnover, and it sounds like he has been MIA for awhile anyway. UC4 was great, I still have to play LL, but need to beat Horizon first (ya, I am behind). I have heard that LL was still amazing even though it was a B team's baby, so that is promising anyway.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
sup gang

I bought a switch and mario kart is fuckin neat on it, and since I have a PC i'm gonna hock my ps4 on CL

thing is I am 100 hours into persona 5, currently at the second to last palace Shido's cruise

I have a pretty good idea of where the game goes from here and how it will play out, should I still push through and really, really finish this game I put 100 hours into already? I'm thinking of just youtube'ing the last chapter or so because after 100 hours of p5, and another 60 on SMTIV and SMTIV in between palaces, I might just be completely burned out

now I have to decide whether I want to push through the next 20 hours (another week or two given my sched), or sell my console this weekend to get some sweet switch games (other than MK)

What Are Your Thoughts?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

KingSlime posted:

sup gang

I bought a switch and mario kart is fuckin neat on it, and since I have a PC i'm gonna hock my ps4 on CL

thing is I am 100 hours into persona 5, currently at the second to last palace Shido's cruise

I have a pretty good idea of where the game goes from here and how it will play out, should I still push through and really, really finish this game I put 100 hours into already? I'm thinking of just youtube'ing the last chapter or so because after 100 hours of p5, and another 60 on SMTIV and SMTIV in between palaces, I might just be completely burned out

now I have to decide whether I want to push through the next 20 hours (another week or two given my sched), or sell my console this weekend to get some sweet switch games (other than MK)

What Are Your Thoughts?

YouTube and sell that poo poo. I did the same thing with Zelda, stopping at the last level and not even bothering with the final boss. Some new and shiny game was distracting me so I moved on since I was bored.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

"and while we bid a fond farewell to our TLoU staff, we're really excited to share the new direction this project has been going in. We've brought on David Cage to handle the story and Peter Molyneux will be handling the game systems back end. Now if you'll just look here, you'll see players using their mobile app to score lootcrates for the campaign..."

I know you are just joking but he's referring to pre TLOU Naughty Dog members.

I dunno, I feel like I'm fine with where Naughty Dog has ended up. I really like the whole Uncharted series, and I can understand why some people think Neil Druckmann era stuff is too serious or long winded, but really their more recent stuff is what has impressed me the most so I think they'll remain great. poo poo, I didn't really even like Uncharted until I played TLOU and decided the series was worth another playthrough (and it is indeed great).

I just hope they do TLOU 2 and then ditch both their main IP's for something totally new. Uncharted is great but it's run it's course, and TLOU 2 is one of my most anticipated games, but it didn't really need to happen. I want to see them tackle something else.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KingSlime posted:

sup gang

What Are Your Thoughts?

Dont sell a console with like 10 good looking exclusives coming next year

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What are these sweet switch games you are referring to? Zelda, mario rabbids maybe and....what? $50 cave story or Binding of issac?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Splatoon 2 is kinda fun even if I dropped it to keep playing Destiny 2, Tekken 7, and Friday the 13th for my MP fixes. ARMS is cool. But in the near future they got that cool Fire Emblem game, I'm down for Xenoblade 2, and Mario Odyssey is guaranteed to be good.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Dont sell a console with like 10 good looking exclusives coming next year

I have a PC :)

Honestly I don't use my PS4 much and I just really wanted the new Vita w Nintendo Games

I don't need to sell my PS4 financial wise but yeah it's just sitting there, if I really want one later I'll get a Pro :shrug:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I would like to buy an entire game of just Yakuza 0's cabaret club minigame. I sat down last night to put a dent in the main story and ended up making a few hundred million yen over a few hours of playing softcore pimp. This game makes GTA look really lazy at times.

Policenaut posted:

Splatoon 2 is kinda fun even if I dropped it to keep playing Destiny 2, Tekken 7, and Friday the 13th for my MP fixes. ARMS is cool. But in the near future they got that cool Fire Emblem game, I'm down for Xenoblade 2, and Mario Odyssey is guaranteed to be good.

Today's Direct was nuts. Switch already has a decent library for being 6 months old, but it's gonna be an unqualified good library by the end of the year. And Nintendo is forecasting supply shortages for the holidays, so now might be the best opportunity to buy one for some time.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

acksplode posted:

Switch already has a decent library for being 6 months old, but it's gonna be an unqualified good library by the end of the year. And Nintendo is forecasting supply shortages for the holidays, so now might be the best opportunity to buy one for some time.

as someome who favors portables like crazy and has a PC that runs circles around even the Pro, that's exactly my rationale

I mean for gently caress's sake they announced DQ Builders for it right after I bought a copy on PS4

it's a sign

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I have DOOM sitting unfinished on my PS4 but I'm already anticipating picking up the Switch port. And people out here wondering how Nintendo could threaten Sony......

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
why lie we both know my bitch rear end is gonna get skyrim on release for full price

portables are good

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FireMrshlBill posted:

They'll be alright, they have done well after previous significant turnover, and it sounds like he has been MIA for awhile anyway. UC4 was great, I still have to play LL, but need to beat Horizon first (ya, I am behind). I have heard that LL was still amazing even though it was a B team's baby, so that is promising anyway.

Oh, yeah, I know they'll be alright. It just signals a coming shift in focus, similar to the switch between Crash >> Jak >> UC/TLoU >> ??? eras. Straley was never confirmed to be involved in TLoU 2, but he was co-director for the first game and has been there since the 2nd gen of the studio.

Naughty Dog doesn't have a 'B-Team', to be honest. They only work on one project at a time, with future projects usually spending extensive time in pre-production. Now that LL has launched expect the studio to go all in on TLoU 2 development, though I'd be surprised to see anything solid before GDC. PSX, perhaps, but that feels like a stretch.

veni veni veni posted:

I know you are just joking but he's referring to pre TLOU Naughty Dog members.

I dunno, I feel like I'm fine with where Naughty Dog has ended up. I really like the whole Uncharted series, and I can understand why some people think Neil Druckmann era stuff is too serious or long winded, but really their more recent stuff is what has impressed me the most so I think they'll remain great. poo poo, I didn't really even like Uncharted until I played TLOU and decided the series was worth another playthrough (and it is indeed great).

I just hope they do TLOU 2 and then ditch both their main IP's for something totally new. Uncharted is great but it's run it's course, and TLOU 2 is one of my most anticipated games, but it didn't really need to happen. I want to see them tackle something else.

I think it's highly likely that new IP is the road forward for them, especially as older members of the dev team phase out, and given all that I'd say TLoU 2 is most definitely their last project for PS4.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 14, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

acksplode posted:

I have DOOM sitting unfinished on my PS4 but I'm already anticipating picking up the Switch port. And people out here wondering how Nintendo could threaten Sony......

I am worried how it will look and perform on the Switch. There was some benefit to going to the PS4 Pro and using boost mode, I cranked the field of view and still felt smoother. Will be interested to see how they pull it off.

KingSlime posted:

why lie we both know my bitch rear end is gonna get skyrim on release for full price

portables are good

I am tempted to as well. Though I skipped the PS4 release since I had it on PC and got the Special Edition for free... saw how crappy it looked compared to mods and then returned to the older version. However, on the Switch... its tempting

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

don't kinkshame me please

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

FireMrshlBill posted:

I am tempted to as well. Though I skipped the PS4 release since I had it on PC and got the Special Edition for free... saw how crappy it looked compared to mods and then returned to the older version. However, on the Switch... its tempting

Yeah it's extremely easy for me to justify it since I have yet to play any version of Skyrim.

Obviously a modded version would run absolutely beautifally on my PC in contrast to the switch (and probably play better too) but I can always save that for a future playthrough

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh, yeah, I know they'll be alright. It just signals a coming shift in focus, similar to the switch between Crash >> Jak >> UC/TLoU >> ??? eras. Straley was never confirmed to be involved in TLoU 2, but he was co-director for the first game and has been there since the 2nd gen of the studio.

Naughty Dog doesn't have a 'B-Team', to be honest. They only work on one project at a time, with future projects usually spending extensive time in pre-production. Now that LL has launched expect the studio to go all in on TLoU 2 development, though I'd be surprised to see anything solid before GDC. PSX, perhaps, but that feels like a stretch.

They'll cheese it... Crash and Jak have to survive zombies while searching for the lost treasure of Keef the Thief

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

KingSlime posted:

don't kinkshame me please

If it can't be shamed then it's not a kink.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Yeah it's extremely easy for me to justify it since I have yet to play any version of Skyrim.

Obviously a modded version would run absolutely beautifally on my PC in contrast to the switch (and probably play better too) but I can always save that for a future playthrough

Ya, if you don't have a comparison, then the Switch may be the way to go. Tons of people played it on the PS3 and 360, so you know it will be as good as those or better. Plus, the Master Sword. As long as the frame rate is acceptable that is

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Did anyone else get the Dragonball Fighter Z closed beta code?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I got an e-mail saying I didn't get accepted.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I am really curious to see how Doom will perform on the Switch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FireMrshlBill posted:

Did anyone else get the Dragonball Fighter Z closed beta code?

denied

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got in. I'm looking forward to a hot DBZ weekend.

The invite code spot let me put whatever, so I typed in "Akira Toriyama personally said I could play this." I'm hoping someone got a laugh and gave me the code.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I want to make fun of people for buying Skyrim on the Switch but I'm chomping at the bit to play it n PSVR so I'm just as bad.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I bought a PS4. What is the secret to making the store show up?

The answer is apparently reboot it a bunch and let it sit on nothing for ten minutes while you bitch at strangers.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Are you sure you didn't buy a Sorny PlayStation 4 by mistake?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Maybe, I thought I was getting a white Destiny 2 one but it's kind of off-white dirty egg color.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are you sure you have the internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I'm probably missing something stupidly obvious, but I've "purchased" the Star Wars Battlefield Season Pass, it shows as both downloaded and installed. It doesn't show up in the game other than the multiplayer screen which shows them all locked. What have I missed?

The add ons will now be marked as free for you in the PS Store - you still need to "purchase" and download them.