Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Shoulda been called rear end-Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

one might say key-man

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

baby came. she's awesome. comes home from hospital friday. i got 2 post-visiting-hrs nights of life as a zero responsibility gamer left. gonna go hard at ys8

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Phantasium posted:

one might say key-man

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

I always liked that the explanation for the gunblade was that you pulled the trigger and it violently shakes the blade, making your swings way more damaging. It's actually a really boring and realistic answer for something that looks so loving goofy.

Motors just don't loving exist

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cdpr said that cyberpunk is 4 times bigger than witcher 3 in terms of content. perfect for passing the time before their next game in 2235

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Real hurthling! posted:

cdpr said that cyberpunk is 4 times bigger than witcher 3 in terms of content. perfect for passing the time before their next game in 2235

When did they say that? they've been tight-lipped on that project for god knows how long.

Not to hype it, but if it has the same attention to detail Witcher 3 had, it's an instant GOTY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

:stoked:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fargin Icehole posted:

When did they say that? they've been tight-lipped on that project for god knows how long.

Not to hype it, but if it has the same attention to detail Witcher 3 had, it's an instant GOTY

oh sorry, i checked its an anonymous company insider leaker so its bullshit (but probably still true)

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

oh poo poo cook serve delicious 2 is out

:getin:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Congrats to the new goonparents! Here's hoping your new ones sleep well at night as that's the only way I get game time any more.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I could just pick up the books secondhand and do an entire cyberpunk campaign but that would require talking to real human beings face to face

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
SHENZHEN I/O

yusss

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Real hurthling! posted:

oh sorry, i checked its an anonymous company insider leaker so its bullshit (but probably still true)

I hope so, because that's too big. Hell, Witcher 3 was already too big considering how middling its gameplay systems were.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So did Nintendo announce Smash, new F-Zero and Earthbound, I just woke up?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

So did Nintendo announce Smash, new F-Zero and Earthbound, I just woke up?

even better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mario nips

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no he's italian, also wow racist

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

even better

The next Mario x game will be Mario X DOA Volleyball

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like the implication that mario's casual swimwear still includes his hat

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i might've said this already but i don't even have a switch yet and mario odyssey is seriously making me want one

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

i might've said this already but i don't even have a switch yet and mario odyssey is seriously making me want one

I literally bought a Switch on launch solely because I wanted to make sure I had one whenever Odyssey came out

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

I literally bought a Switch on launch solely because I wanted to make sure I had one whenever Odyssey came out

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Also fire emblem:warriors

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Re:gunblade chat

The female rangers in dungeon fighter online eventually get a skill that lets them turn their revolvers into revolverblades that they can use like yo-yos where they fire them out and do all kinds of acrobatic poo poo with them while the guns keep firing. Also they're connected by a chain so they're gunchuk revolverblades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JaFklRwdq8

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm legit impressed that new Doom and Wolfenstein are coming out for Switch though I won't get them for it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I literally bought a Switch on launch solely because I wanted to make sure I had one whenever Odyssey Splatoon 2 came out

Mario will be good though

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Splatoon 2 underwhelmed me more than I was expecting but as high as my expectations for Mario are, I also have trouble believing it won't live up to them. The game just looks insane in the best possible ways

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also I bought Star Wars Battlefront because despite how bad and probably dead it is, $5 for all the content seemed worth it just to look at the nice visuals and play through the VR mission

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Also I bought Star Wars Battlefront because despite how bad and probably dead it is, $5 for all the content seemed worth it just to look at the nice visuals and play through the VR mission

It is. Its a dumb game that cost too much for not enough content, but its easily one of the best looking games of all time. DICE's new method of photo/laser scanning real-world objects into not just textures but entire profiles of reflection and sheen and things like that is really amazing. The artists actually went on-location to the places where Lucas filmed Star Wars and sourced the same trees and dirt and sand. And it shows.

Also the sound design is phenomenal. Everything sounds exactly as it should if you were watching a Star Wars film. Even the screen transition when you respawn is a classic Lucas style corner screen slow wipe.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Re:gunblade chat

The female rangers in dungeon fighter online eventually get a skill that lets them turn their revolvers into revolverblades that they can use like yo-yos where they fire them out and do all kinds of acrobatic poo poo with them while the guns keep firing. Also they're connected by a chain so they're gunchuk revolverblades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JaFklRwdq8

How arcane and inscrutable is this game? I tried it a couple years back and had no idea what I was doing, so I stopped. On the other hand, every time I see it mentioned, it sounds insane and right up my alley.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh what the hell Amazon isn't getting my Samus Returns copy to me until Monday. :smith:

Oh well it happens I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Never order Nintendo stuff from Amazon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

How arcane and inscrutable is this game? I tried it a couple years back and had no idea what I was doing, so I stopped. On the other hand, every time I see it mentioned, it sounds insane and right up my alley.

What did you find arcane and inscrutable about it? It's just a beat em up RPG where you can input custom button inputs to do an attack or you can press a hotkey to do an attack and you have way more control over your character than you would in a typical mmorpg that has your standard skill hotkey layout thing.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

What did you find arcane and inscrutable about it? It's just a beat em up RPG where you can input custom button inputs to do an attack or you can press a hotkey to do an attack and you have way more control over your character than you would in a typical mmorpg that has your standard skill hotkey layout thing.

I don't know. It felt like there were a bunch of things flashing on screen and a whole mess of mechanics that I had no idea what they did. Maybe I'll just sit down and give it an earnest try.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You'll definitely eventually reach a point where there is a fuckload of poo poo on screen and you'll be dealing all the damage with all the numbers, but you start off small, getting spoonfed skills quickly enough that you'll figure out whatever combos work best for you and by the time you do that, you'll find you've gotten accustomed to the explosion overload and, in some cases, may not have even noticed that you're p much constantly surrounded by them.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I just wanna chime in and say my wife successfully delivered a brand new gamer into the world. This gamer dad couldn't be more proud of his son Morph Ball. Can't wait for lil Morphy to be old enough to appreciate his dad's sick gaming skills.

Real hurthling! posted:

baby came. she's awesome. comes home from hospital friday. i got 2 post-visiting-hrs nights of life as a zero responsibility gamer left. gonna go hard at ys8
drat, 2 new gamer babies on 2 chat pages. Congratulations!

Palpek fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 14, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Congrats to all of the new babies :) Raise them well, don't be jerks to your kids.

I'm sorry, I know this is incredibly inappropriate given the context but gaming and kids just reminded me of this comic.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

That baby would have been almost ten by now.

Just think of all the ways he could have kept the original strip going if he actually added a baby to the comic.

Gamer babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I like the implication that mario's casual swimwear still includes his hat

He needs it to play with the dog

• Locked thread