Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doom, 2016 GOTY, coming to the Switch, the perfect system?

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Doom 2016 is like one of the best FPS games of the modern era and if you've never played it before then you should definitely give it a go. I dunno how well the Switch version will perform but the gameplay, that aesthetic, the SOUNDTRACK are all top notch. drat game made my PS4 basic sound like it was about to explode from fan death though.

Modus Pwnens posted:

It's interesting that they low balled demand that severely, and I wonder how severely that will impact overall sales.

I can remember a few games that had insane momentum even after constant sell outs. Demon's Souls immediately comes to mind. If there really is a huge stock shortage on XV2 I'm excited to see it maybe take off further.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Thank god sport ball comes out tomorrow

Madden when?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Seriously broken record etc but the new Doom is one of the absolute best shooters ever. Everything about it is loving awesome. If you haven't played it yet then you're in for a treat when it drops on the Switch.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Man I never finished Doom on my xbone so I’m down to buy it on the switch.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Doom is cool but where is Resident Evil 4

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Seriously broken record etc but the new Doom is one of the absolute best shooters ever. Everything about it is loving awesome. If you haven't played it yet then you're in for a treat when it drops on the Switch.

I generally dislike twitch FPS's but seriously this. The game oozes personality and so very clearly a labor of love that it's impossible not to appreciate it on an artistic level, even if it's not something you'd generally enjoy. There is something pleasing in seeing something so very well made when even some of the best AAA games these days have to come with caveats.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is Doom coming out before Skyrim wouldn't that be funny?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I gotta say I'm not liking the direction XB2 is taking with the titans being talking and sentient instead of the inscrutable mythological god beings Mechonis and Bionis were in the first game

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Zaggitz posted:

Also does anyone know if the lady looking for monuments to the king's Quest can be done in the demo? I managed to do the other quest I found by beating up an old man in a bar.

From a page back but yeah, you can clear that one. You need both characters for it.

Allure the historian into following you, then head east to the cave that's blocked off by an NPC and duel him to get in. There's a bunch of good treasure in the cave and stronger enemies then anywhere else in the demo. The monument you want is to the south once you're inside.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/steveyurko/status/908092650808516608

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I gotta say I'm not liking the direction XB2 is taking with the titans being talking and sentient instead of the inscrutable mythological god beings Mechonis and Bionis were in the first game

Just going by the trailers and the gameplay stuff it seems like they're focusing on all the wrong parts of what made Xenoblade really good in the first place. Was there some sort of team turnover or something?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Policenaut posted:

Doom 2016 is like one of the best FPS games of the modern era and if you've never played it before then you should definitely give it a go. I dunno how well the Switch version will perform but the gameplay, that aesthetic, the SOUNDTRACK are all top notch.

My buddy watched me play via SharePlay and apparently I was laughing the whole time.

It's the perfect amount of self aware and consistently fun for hours on end. Being able to play it on the toilet at work will reduce nationwide stress by 30%.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
wow mario kart has a ton of courses

why does it have so many courses???

i am not complaining btw this just seems excessively generous

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Just going by the trailers and the gameplay stuff it seems like they're focusing on all the wrong parts of what made Xenoblade really good in the first place. Was there some sort of team turnover or something?

Xenoblade Chronicles 1 was extremely anime
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks to be extremely anime
Also XB1 had some bad trailers too so I'm still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt
But it looks like Pyra was being transported in that one monolith thing the Xenogears guy loves to insert into all of his games

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And I don't mean his dick I think

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

KingSlime posted:

wow mario kart has a ton of courses

why does it have so many courses???

i am not complaining btw this just seems excessively generous

everything ported from the wii u so far has had all dlc includee

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

grandfather voice titan guy was the best part of that trailer so I'm on board for the titans being less unknowable beings-y

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Bethesda are really, really bad at marketing.

IIRC their argument was basically "if it looks like a generic shooter (Halo) cover it'll get the attention of people who play shooters."

Which, sure, isn't entirely wrong, but I'm pretty sure a guy in hell choking a demon with one hand and holding a shotgun with the other is going to get their attention too.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Also what if Doom has gyro aiming? That'd be pretty nice for a twitchy shooter on a console

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

The only thing that makes this gif better is that the dog is wearing a tiny cowboy hat

Super Mario Odyssey looks insanely polished. I mean that snapshot feature holy poo poo that picture they took looked incredible with Cappy's expression and Mario's animation and everything

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A boy got kidnapped from the village and I immediately duel and knock out his mother.:lol:

This Octopath game may have something to it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mario's hat shrinks as soon as the dog catches it.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Mario's hat shrinks as soon as the dog catches it.

well yeah it expands so it's easier to jump on

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

everything ported from the wii u so far has had all dlc includee

ohhh thats right, good deal

drat and i remember people bitching about it being full price near release :lol:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m going to have so much fun playing Mario dress up. I really hope there’s a ton of crossover costumes from amiibo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

IIRC their argument was basically "if it looks like a generic shooter (Halo) cover it'll get the attention of people who play shooters."

Which, sure, isn't entirely wrong, but I'm pretty sure a guy in hell choking a demon with one hand and holding a shotgun with the other is going to get their attention too.

They also seemed to think that people would want it for the (outsourced?) multiplayer and seemingly wanted people to think it was a lot slower paced.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
god mario looks even better than zelda Breath Of the Wild

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mario looks great.

octopath looks like they have no idea how they're gonna pull it off and the crowdsourced focus testing demo seems kinda strange at such an advanced stage of development.

arcade classics is salt in the wound.

Doom/Wolf are totally dependent on performance reviews

XB2 looks like a game i'm not gonna feel bad waiting 4 years to play

Don't remember much else. the 3ds support continues to be strong and good

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

god mario looks even better than zelda Breath Of the Wild

it makes zelda look like dog poo poo. it looks like loving goty

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/rturpeach/status/908112844801032192

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just got done watching that direct and i'm fuckin HYPED

but goddamn it Nintendo, I need money to buy games and I can't NOT buy that wedding Bowser amiibo

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

That is really cool looking. I think I'll get a switch before it comes out. Wanted to wait for smash bros to be announced but it's seeming like it'll definitely happen at some point so whatever.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
hello my name is azurda. that's me right there.

and this little troublemaker is rex, who lives on my back

I suppose you could say he-

*game shows half naked girl with huge tits*

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
As someone who has never pre-ordered anything that may be difficult to get later: When should I expect to be able to put in a pre-order for the Mario/Switch bundle? Was planning on getting one in the next month anyway and it's not like I save any money getting a used one.

if this is an unknown then i'll just keep tabs on the thread.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Switch has been in stock at Amazon Canada for a few hours now without selling out.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Seeing the additional worlds teased in Odyssey is the exact relief I needed.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Doom and Wolfenstein is a great surprise, I've somehow managed to avoid playing doom so far because I've always been into something else when it goes on sale. This will be a good opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

the Gaffe posted:

As someone who has never pre-ordered anything that may be difficult to get later: When should I expect to be able to put in a pre-order for the Mario/Switch bundle? Was planning on getting one in the next month anyway and it's not like I save any money getting a used one.

if this is an unknown then i'll just keep tabs on the thread.

Regularly check nowinstock.net for when they put up the listing for the bundle, and then set up email and text alerts.

less than three posted:

Switch has been in stock at Amazon Canada for a few hours now without selling out.

I am surprised they have the Splatoon 2 Bundle with the green/pink joycon in stock at Walmart right now

• Locked thread