Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 15 days!)

Venom Snake posted:

no I said she was the opposite of that and pretending to be a nice grandma was dumb

edit: like Iv posted multiple times that bengazhi hearing "i don't give a poo poo" hillary probably would have done better than "hi im nice fake grandma" hillary

What's that? "Hillary Clinton is my mom?" Maybe you should follow through on your dwarf fortress thread then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/908160218995068928

not wrong

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Read the quotes I selected. That don't seem all in on it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > C-SPAM: Piss Tape! Piss Tape! > Suck Zone: Crooked Hillary Clinton blames everybody (and every thing) but herself

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
DjT beat me to that hot take.

As a bonus for the book tour, Trump gets to play the old hits for a little while.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

otoh I feel like that's a fair complaint since the soviets were shooting women into space almost from the get go

otoh

maybe they just didn't want hillary

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
the best part about the berniecare plan is he’s introducing it from an extreme (relatively) and will probably meet somewhere near the middle, as opposed to democrats starting with a compromise position and settling for basically nothing.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Didn't Barry Goldwater fracture the Republican party after he lost the presidential race to Johnson? Maybe she learned a lot from Goldwater, who she literally campaigned for as he was trying to prevent blacks from voting.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Hilario Baldness posted:

Didn't Barry Goldwater fracture the Republican party after he lost the presidential race to Johnson? Maybe she learned a lot from Goldwater, who she literally campaigned for as he was trying to prevent blacks from voting.

no because the establishment republicans only had nelson rockefeller to run in '68 and literally no one liked him

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/AP/status/908147079758925825

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm assuming that Trump is dumb enough to sign this bill if it ever gets out of Congress, but how does it get out of Congress?

This isn't a Concerned Citizen "haha well it's easy for Dems to sign onto it now knowing that it's never going to pass" kind of take, but are there enough Republicans to peel off to get it passed? How watered-down might it eventually be if it does?

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

consider this: president camacho would have been a better president than either of the choices in 2016

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
She said it's easier to win the presidency if you're black than if you're a woman. Jesus she Sucks.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Don't think they care what Vox says

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm assuming that Trump is dumb enough to sign this bill if it ever gets out of Congress, but how does it get out of Congress?

This isn't a Concerned Citizen "haha well it's easy for Dems to sign onto it now knowing that it's never going to pass" kind of take, but are there enough Republicans to peel off to get it passed? How watered-down might it eventually be if it does?

this would be catnip to a lot of the people trying to look like sensible moderates

plus you have the gop folks who dont know if racism or trump is the stronger force to ally w to curry their bases favor

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

I like how Vox tries to throw shade on the M4A financing by bringing up Vermont's failed attempt at single payer. State != Nation. Stephanie Kelton was an economic adviser to Sanders during his primary campaign. It's a practically a given Sander knows the financing is done through MMT which is why it'll work.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
[quote="Wraith of J.O.I." post=""476380131" "]the aokigahara forest
[/quote]

:drat:

i totally caught that, brutal~

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

tell trump he'll be so popular that theyll put his head on mt rushmore

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Matt Zerella posted:

the best part about the berniecare plan is he’s introducing it from an extreme (relatively) and will probably meet somewhere near the middle, as opposed to democrats starting with a compromise position and settling for basically nothing.
We all know it's best to pre-compromise on your planned compromise and compromise again.

I was ranting a lot about this last year, and here we are now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Matt Zerella posted:

Whole

Loaf

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

otoh I feel like that's a fair complaint since the soviets were shooting women into space almost from the get go

russia...good? someone tell louise mensch

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

Yeah, this whole process reminds me of what annoyed me about the "incremental vs. transformative" change dichotomy in the primary. Propose as bold a program as you can and yeah, sure, it'll get watered down as part of the give and take, but we'll still end up with something halfway decent. I doubt that even the most stubborn Bernie fans would reject some version of M4A as a starting point at least.

I dislike the Clinton-types' view of incremental change (or in Obama's case, compromise) as a desirable end in and of itself rather than an unfortunate inevitability of attempts to reach more ambitious goals

e: In other words:

SKULL.GIF posted:

Whole

Loaf

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Dairy Days posted:

consider this: president camacho would have been a better president than either of the choices in 2016

:agreed:

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 05:16 on Sep 14, 2017

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Don't think they care what Vox says

They seem to be praising the article (to be fair in a "oh my gosh I can't believe Vox said something good about Bernie" kind of way), when they shouldn't though. :(

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

today in the fascinating and magical realm of Left-Punching Democrat Cognitive Dissonance, I learned that (a) the M4A cosponsors are not actually sincere in their support and are merely pandering to BernieBros; (b) that leftists are still Bad People if they don't trust Democrats' commitment to shared progressive values

I'm firmly in the "Dems are a gently caress camp." But they're supporting MfA and shifting the window so, heck yeah!

Bernie, like our Lord Jesus Christ, is of open heart and open mind. He turns the other cheek if Dems do him wrong and he forgives and is willing to work with them if they'll work with him.

I think that's the correct attitude. As much as I want hot 'n' spicy gay luxury space communism, I think we need to remain grounded, but also enjoy victories. This is definitely something to celebrate.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

p much this. convinced myself she'd be an okay prez after bern bowed out, now thinks she needs to leave the chappaqua woods for the aokigahara forest

pls don't talk about anime

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

vox also put out a much better bernie article

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/9/13/16296390/bernie-sanders-democratic-single-payer

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's going to be hilarious to watch democrats run from single payer when Trump decides it's the popular thing to support.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is the one upside of this week. She's burning a thousand bridges, it's almost like watching a public suicide.

Sounds like she is having a.....

Nice Meltdown.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

:cool:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

No I get that they don't want that stuff, but all the things they don't like I do. No co-pays except prescription drugs, dental and vision covered. Seems great.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:siren: OMFG :siren:

Hurricanes ruined Richard Branson's whore island ahahahah

Everything Obama touches turns to poo poo lolol

https://twitter.com/DuckSpeech/status/907513165964910592

:holy::holy::holy:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

No I get that they don't want that stuff, but all the things they don't like I do. No co-pays except prescription drugs, dental and vision covered. Seems great.

Is there a nation that covers all that? I believe Iceland does. Or am I mistaken for another country?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hilario committed suicide, Bernie Sandwiches gave me free healthcare, and Virgin Johnson lost his island ahahaha

This is the best week ever!!!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Frijolero posted:

I'm firmly in the "Dems are a gently caress camp." But they're supporting MfA and shifting the window so, heck yeah!

Bernie, like our Lord Jesus Christ, is of open heart and open mind. He turns the other cheek if Dems do him wrong and he forgives and is willing to work with them if they'll work with him.

I think that's the correct attitude. As much as I want hot 'n' spicy gay luxury space communism, I think we need to remain grounded, but also enjoy victories. This is definitely something to celebrate.

yeah, I was talking specifically about the usual HRC-cultist dead-ender types I know. the Dem establishment is lovely in its own way, but at least the most toxic elements of the center-left don't seem to be running the show

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Frijolero posted:

:banjo:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is there a nation that covers all that? I believe Iceland does. Or am I mistaken for another country?

The United States of America will.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

holy poo poo she actually literally needs to be silenced, lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

eh, she tied the debates at worse, probably won (should have been easy takes tho)

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Frijolero posted:

savin this pic for when jezza nationalizes the trains

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997