Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It is from moment rift opens to moment you turn it in to Orek. In a 4-man, all end game builds will be viable. You need an open rift with good elite density and you guys split up and kill all the things. The less you are reliant on long cooldowns, the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
When you have to figure out how to get your dps low enough to do the set dungeon:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Can anyone give me some pointers on where to improve my character? It's a Rathma Singularity build: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Node-1599/hero/93648539 . I'm using this build http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91398-rathma-faceroll-summoner-gr100-new-video-gr100 and it's gotten me as far as greater rift level 87. The only way I can theoretically progress is if I get rifts that consist of really stupid monsters like zombies, and no leapers or monsters that spew projectiles, which is really rare. Absolutely anything kills me. I could switch out the Esoteric Alteration with a Zei's like the build says, but then I have no room for error. One thunderstorm will kill me, stepping in Plagued for a tiny bit will too without the Esoteric.

Should I work on augmenting more ancient items? Change out to the Zei's? Try to level my gems with the 30% chance rate? Be more liberal in quitting grifts that have annoying enemies? Do something completely different?

Node fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 12, 2017

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Node posted:

Can anyone give me some pointers on where to improve my character? It's a Rathma Singularity build: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Node-1599/hero/93648539 . I'm using this build http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91398-rathma-faceroll-summoner-gr100-new-video-gr100 and it's gotten me as far as greater rift level 87. The only way I can theoretically progress is if I get rifts that consist of really stupid monsters like zombies, and no leapers or monsters that spew projectiles, which is really rare. Absolutely anything kills me. I could switch out the Esoteric Alteration with a Zei's like the build says, but then I have no room for error. One thunderstorm will kill me, stepping in Plagued for a tiny bit will too without the Esoteric.

Should I work on augmenting more ancient items? Change out to the Zei's? Try to level my gems with the 30% chance rate? Be more liberal in quitting grifts that have annoying enemies? Do something completely different?

I took a look but you were wearing trag gear - if you have a screenshot of your gear or log back out in rathma I'll see if I can help

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Toshimo posted:

When you have to figure out how to get your dps low enough to do the set dungeon:

It was fun. You can take the chest/leg gems out too.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Woo!!! Had a good night last night!

Made a bunch of Reaper's Wraps last night and one of them rolled Primal!

And a few hours later in a grift, I had a primal Jesseth's shield drop! It was a great night!

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jolinar-1232/hero/92453545 - I rolled the shield socket into CHC and the Wraps int into %Cold damage. If anyone has any alternatives, I'm all ears.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Those reapers are junk IMO. The stats on them aren't great since there's no crit or Vit. :(

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Encountered this guy who was very upset about what people call the Wrath of the Wastes set (aka the whirlwind set)

He went on for over 10 minutes

It was great.

But wait, there's more! It's been over 15 minutes of this!

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 13, 2017

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
You're in general chat, there's your problem.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Swilo posted:

You're in general chat, there's your problem.

If I hadn't read general chat, I would've missed this though!

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008
What necro builds are ppl using to farm Bounties, DBs, and speedrun GRs? My Rathma build (profile linked above) is doing alright for pushing into the 80s, and I like the weird Pestilence/Sage's Corpse Lance build for farming DBs on T9, but I am curious what other ppl are running effectively.

I've had a hard time getting any of the Bonestorm/Auramancer builds to work, but I think mostly because my Inarius and Scythe of the Cycles are crap.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
My Inarius uses a shadowhook in the cube and a Trag'Oul's Fang in hand with a Lost Time. I use it for speedfarming, though. Frostburn and RoRG in the cube and the Blind Faith helmet.

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

GoingPostal posted:

My Inarius uses a shadowhook in the cube and a Trag'Oul's Fang in hand with a Lost Time. I use it for speedfarming, though. Frostburn and RoRG in the cube and the Blind Faith helmet.

That's like the Lazymancer-type build, right? Something like this? http://www.diablofans.com/builds/93984-lazy-mancer

And what type of speedfarming - Bounties, T13 rifts, GRs? Sorry if these are noob questions. This season is my first time back with the game since release.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
That's exactly it, with swapping out Spreading Maladiction for the... Final Service? Whatever the cheat death one is.

I use it for mostly regular rifts and bounties, and it chews through things at a good clip. I'm not sure about grifting with it though. But that may just be me being a bad.

Although swapping out for the Aquila's will do wonders for your toughness. My essence bubble didn't move at all with the Lazymancer.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I tried lazymancer and didn't like the speed I was getting and switched to Auramancer and had a much better time. I use it for everything that isnt a GR75+.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 13, 2017

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
It's about drat time the thread title recognizes the best set for the best class in the history of D3.

Spin to win, baby! SPIN. TO. WIN. :black101:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

WarMECH posted:

Spin to win, baby! SPIN. TO. WIN. :black101:

WAAALAAA! :black101:

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

Dameius posted:

I tried lazymancer and didn't like the speed I was getting and switched to Auramancer and had a much better time. I use it for everything that isnt a GR75+.

yeah, wow. I just tried out the Auramancer last night, and with crap gear and gems (https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/firebad-1275/hero/92077660), it was running GR 60s in like 3:30. Should be really handy for farming. Thanks, goons!

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

New PTR patch. More YUGE numbers on sets and items, but globe generation and a few items that were found to be too strong on PTR were nerfed.

Good stuff from CR Cache:

Increased the amount of materials that the Challenge Rift Cache drops
The Challenge Rift Cache now always drops 10 Death’s Breath

This should make the start of S12 even easier.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 14, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

DrSeRRoD posted:

New PTR patch. More YUGE numbers on sets and items
Except for the Blessed Shield-buffing items and the Grand Vizier legendary power but who cares about that. :rip:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Whirlwind damage just got buffed from 1700% to 3400%, and Inarius' bonestorm went from 750% to 1000% damage with enemies taking 3750% increased damage now. My two favorite lazy builds just got even more ludicrous :woop:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

Except for the Blessed Shield-buffing items and the Grand Vizier legendary power but who cares about that. :rip:

Dang, was hoping to play as Captain America during next season. Hopefully it's still decent. Nice that multishot DH got a bigger buff. That's probably my favorite class/build.

Notes for anybody who was looking for them: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20976068/patch-261-ptr-patch-notes-8-15-2017

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 14, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LOL @ Season 11 being the most anticipated Diablo 3 event in years due to necromancer and now we're all just loving sick of it and chomping at the bit to go back to normal playing as monks and witch doctors again.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

This is one of the biggest balance changes in recent memory bringing more parity to some of the lesser used builds. It's cool and good.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

T1g4h posted:

Whirlwind damage just got buffed from 1700% to 3400%, and Inarius' bonestorm went from 750% to 1000% damage with enemies taking 3750% increased damage now. My two favorite lazy builds just got even more ludicrous :woop:

The gently caress at that second change, imma be farming GR90s with auramancer in off season.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Shield Bash build literally never ever :smith:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Yay Condemn buffs!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Toshimo posted:

I just took both rings off and was just low enough to get the bone ripping req

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

quote:

Might of the Earth
(6) Set
Increase the damage of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam by 5600%.

This is going to make Boulder Toss a humongous nuke. :getin:

I don't know if it'll be possible to have enough fury regen to make it work though.

And with the Raekor's buffs, it won't be worth it to use this. But damnit I want it to. Just leaping, quaking, and tossing boulders.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Vomik posted:

I took a look but you were wearing trag gear - if you have a screenshot of your gear or log back out in rathma I'll see if I can help

Woops, that's my speedfarming set. It should be updated now. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Node-1599/hero/93648539 should show the Rathma build I want to improve.

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

Node posted:

Woops, that's my speedfarming set. It should be updated now. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Node-1599/hero/93648539 should show the Rathma build I want to improve.

Wow. It's crazy how similar this is to almost exact level of gear/build on my necro (https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/firebad-1275/hero/92077660).

edit: oh wait, I JUST changed out the ring/ammy set now that I found a Haunted Visions. It's pretty sweet, even w/out great stats.

Curious about the speedfarming set/build. I'll have to check that out.

firebad57 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 14, 2017

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

LOL @ Season 11 being the most anticipated Diablo 3 event in years due to necromancer and now we're all just loving sick of it and chomping at the bit to go back to normal playing as monks and witch doctors again.

It is mostly about them opening up a lot of options for every class. Which sounds really fun. Pony around with perma AC and condemn vacuum every mob to you, god yes.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

firebad57 posted:

Wow. It's crazy how similar this is to almost exact level of gear/build on my necro (https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/firebad-1275/hero/92077660).

edit: oh wait, I JUST changed out the ring/ammy set now that I found a Haunted Visions. It's pretty sweet, even w/out great stats.

Curious about the speedfarming set/build. I'll have to check that out.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91220-gr-90-blood-for-the-blood-god-pet-build-updated is the speedfarming build I use.

It's fun. It won't push you to high level grifts, but its nice just zipping around making GBS threads out decently powerful mages and not have them drain your entire essence bar. It's a durable build, too.

Node fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 14, 2017

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

Node posted:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91220-gr-90-blood-for-the-blood-god-pet-build-updated is the speedfarming build I use.

It's fun. It won't push you to high level grifts, but its nice just zipping around making GBS threads out decently powerful mages and not have them drain your entire essence bar. It's a durable build, too.

whew. this is weirdly brain-breaking to play after playing like 4 other necro builds, esp lots of Rathma Singularity, in the last day. So far, I'm way slower with it than with the Auramancer, but I'll keep working at it.

Also, just found my first Ancient Scythe of the Cycle, and now I really don't have any builds that want to use it...

firebad57 fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 14, 2017

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

twice burned ice posted:

This is going to make Boulder Toss a humongous nuke. :getin:

I don't know if it'll be possible to have enough fury regen to make it work though.

And with the Raekor's buffs, it won't be worth it to use this. But damnit I want it to. Just leaping, quaking, and tossing boulders.

Leapquake generates a ton of fury. What you'll probably end up doing is using a girdle of giants and the rumble rune on seismic slam for a buff to EQ though.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Bust Rodd posted:

This is my first season and I didn't play the Necro since that's what everyone else was doing. Looks like I'm doing Barbarian and Crusader next season.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
You should, it's a really fun class. Very visceral visually and audibly, I love it.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

pyromance posted:

Leapquake generates a ton of fury. What you'll probably end up doing is using a girdle of giants and the rumble rune on seismic slam for a buff to EQ though.

Enough to deal with the fury dumps of boulder toss?

Either I'm tossing boulders or I'm not playing. :colbert:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
With all the buffs happening on the PTR, what would be a good class to start up next season? I've already played crusader and necromancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Read what the sets do and pick what sounds fun.