Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

seiferguy posted:

with no regard for the democrats
It doesn't sound like she blames the election on the Dems being a bad party or anything.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Also, I'm kind of boggled that Stiglich, who is generally a vile rear end in a top hat, published this when pretty much no other cartoonist bothered.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"I can beat this." is loving inspired.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Has there ever been so long of a focus on the losing candidate? I mean we're closing on a year since the election.

I know they have to point and go "Look over there!" to avoid thinking about the winner and how horrendous he is, but, gently caress are they obsessed!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MrUnderbridge posted:

Has there ever been so long of a focus on the losing candidate? I mean we're closing on a year since the election.

I know they have to point and go "Look over there!" to avoid thinking about the winner and how horrendous he is, but, gently caress are they obsessed!

I know it wasn't even remotely as long, but, didn't they harp on Gore for awhile after the election due to the bullshittery surrounding his loss there, and the Right Wing's attempts to discredit THAT dubious loss.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Bernie bros will use it as evidence that she's still a corporate shill, right wingers will use it as evidence that she refuses to blame herself, and Hillary fans will use it to strengthen their belief that all the odds really were against her.

I really do want to read it, especially if she has taken a gloves-off approach.

Same; Frank Hillary is Best Hillary IMO. Even if I absolutely disagree with her on many things.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Andy Marlette has moved up to being one of my least favorite cartoonists. He was never good, but his hurricane cartoons are absolutely awful. It's like he's not trying to offend the hurricanes by being to harsh on them.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Pope #1:

Massive security fence erected at Parliament House (Canberra Times)
Giurgola designed Australia's parliament with lawns directly over the chambers so the people can symbolically walk over their representatives heads. Now they have been blocked off by a massive ugly fence for security concerns that can't be explained also for security concerns.

Pope #2:

Power problem: Trust neither the electricity generators nor the Prime Minister (Canberra Times)
Liddell runs a coal plant that the government wants to keep running despite Liddell itself wanting to move to renewable because apparently now coal now even trumps the free market.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Two Bulls is still drawing cartoons!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

the_steve posted:

I know it wasn't even remotely as long, but, didn't they harp on Gore for awhile after the election due to the bullshittery surrounding his loss there, and the Right Wing's attempts to discredit THAT dubious loss.
Not really. It helps that Gore maintained a low profile for years after, until he reinvented as an environmentalist.

Of course, 9/11 was also another major difference.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

IMO, Gore should have raised much more poo poo and Hillary should as well. Dems are frustratingly conciliatory.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Believe it or not you piece of poo poo, you're still gonna burn!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Wait wait wait.... Is Ramirez actually saying Trump is criminal? Or is there some sort of metaphor I'm missing here?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ashsaber posted:

Wait wait wait.... Is Ramirez actually saying Trump is criminal? Or is there some sort of metaphor I'm missing here?

That doesn't look like Ramirez' signature?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

What is holding that pencil? A foot? A weird animal?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I guess Tinsley's drawing skills aren't that bad for a mass of mutated thumbs.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Probably Gary Johnson. Though I'd prefer Kirk Johnson.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Third Panel: A Giant Butt

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe she finally found John Galt?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zemyla posted:

Probably Gary Johnson. Though I'd prefer Kirk Johnson.

It probably IS Gary, seeing as how they did this exact same arc during the election last year.
poo poo, are we sure these aren't reruns?

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
It's gonna be Ted Cruz giving a sermon about family values.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Cat Puke posted:

It's gonna be Ted Cruz giving a sermon about family values.

Oh god i loving hope so, please let the fortnight bite him right on the rear end again

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Saying they wouldn't "let" him cover a game is a pretty loving lovely and inaccurate way of reporting on what happened. No wonder this guy got fired.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

She found the tape! It was out in the desert all along!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Selachian posted:

Also, I'm kind of boggled that Stiglich, who is generally a vile rear end in a top hat, published this when pretty much no other cartoonist bothered.

Local interest. Stiglich and Windsor are both from Pennsylvania. As to why nobody else did an obit, they probably don't even know who Edith Windsor was.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Mitch McConnell lies on his back, belly baking in the hot sun - beating his legs, trying to turn himself over.

But he can't, not without your help. But you're not helping.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Had to do it

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Avirosb posted:

Had to do it

Still funny

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I should be used to loss edits by now :roflolmao:

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

Saying they wouldn't "let" him cover a game is a pretty loving lovely and inaccurate way of reporting on what happened. No wonder this guy got fired.

As I understand it, the way it shook out was that Robert Lee's bosses said "hey uh, given your name and the area, this could be a Thing, would you like us to take you off it so it doesn't become a Thing" and he said no, and then Charlottesville happened, and he said "okay yeah maybe I should do something else."

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Avirosb posted:

Had to do it

:chanpop:

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Believe it or not you piece of poo poo, you're still gonna burn!

I love it.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

INCISIVE COMMENTARY

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

less than three posted:

That doesn't look like Ramirez' signature?

... The crosshatching threw me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I can't wait to see Garrison's spin on Trump agreeing to do even more things for the Democrats

• Locked thread