Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Since there's been a plenty of interest in the recent WFRP recruitment threads, here's another one:

Game: More Warhammer? More Warhammer.
System: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 2nd Edition
Format: Play-by-Post
Players: 6

Description: You are travelling to Altdorf, the capital of the Empire, for one reason or another. So far you're journey has been safe and uneventful. So far...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Playing 5e to justify my sunk costs in this edition.

Game: Tomb of AnalInhalation
System: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition
Format: Discord voice + Fantasy Grounds
players: 4/6
When: Weekly, 6.30pm NZT
Description: Once-dead people are dying. Weird poo poo is going on. There's dinosaurs in this adventure. gently caress yes,

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 14, 2017

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Would it be useful to update the template for this thread to include the approximate play frequency for campaigns that have synchronous sessions?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Subjunctive posted:

Would it be useful to update the template for this thread to include the approximate play frequency for campaigns that have synchronous sessions?

Also timezones.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Timezones would also be useful for asynchronous games, because when one player ends up posting eight hours offset against the rest of the group, there can be issues. Probably better as a reminder for something to consider rather than a mandatory feature.

e: next time I'll check if the "no discussion" guideline I half remember existing actually does exist before I post, sorry :(

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Game: Red Markets: Capitalism is the real monster.
System: Red Markets
Format: Skype
Players: 4

Description: A game of zombies, poverty and escaping across the river with you and your loved ones. That takes money though. So it's time to loot the wasteland known as the loss and hope you live to tell the tale.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

e: next time I'll check if the "no discussion" guideline I half remember existing actually does exist before I post, sorry :(

Further discussion can go in the chat thread, but play frequency and timezones where relevant sound like good additions to me!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Game: Space Gods!
System: PDQ variant
Format: Play-by-Post
Players: Hard cap at 8

Description: For Kalpa, civilizations and their gods have struggled for galactic dominance. Who will prosper in the current age?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Game: The Nexus Incidents! - A Masks game of cross dimensional crime stopping
System: PBTA: Masks
Format: Discord PBP
Players: 4-5

Description: In the City of Nexus, every day life is a little different. Ever since the cross dimensional rift opened there, beings of all kinds have come to earth, some in peace, some in war. 60 years have passed, and now, teams of superheroes fight to protect a city where your waitress could be a sentient mass of ants, while the guy hitting on you has three heads. Cars fly in the sky, while people make their morning commute to another dimension though a vast network of portals. Life in this city is never dull! That goes double for the superheros trying to keep the peace!

Recruitment has now closed.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Oct 4, 2017

SKINer
Sep 15, 2017
Game: Masks Recruitment (Title pending)
Format: PBP
Players: 5

Description: Strikeforce, an established team of heroes, has put out an open call for other heroes in the city to help fill up their ranks in order to help combat a growing wave of crime. Teenagers answered the call.

What could possibly go wrong?

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
Game: Masks: A New Age Of Heroes
Players: 4-6
Description: Fight crime, make friends, save the world: define the modern generation of heroes through your existence alone.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Game:

System: Homebrew - roll 1d100 and add your roll to your allies in the horde. Roll high for glory in combat, roll low to be a garbage failure.
Format: PBP/CYOA
Players: Up to 100! The Horde begins one hundred strong, though mostly they're NPCs. As people join - any time in the game, mind you - the faceless mooks that have been there the whole time turn out to have been PCs! This also means if you die you can just take up another slot - and you probably WILL die.
Description: Alright maggots, get your rears in gear! The Horde needs your warm bodies to defend the sacred kingdom of Tö! Throw yourselves up against the savage Fröman hordes and save your country... or die in glorious battle! Individuals play as members of the Horde, and take actions in battle or in preparation that will influence the fate of the Horde itself. Players ALSO get to vote on the Horde's strategies in a weirdly non-digetic manner, regardless whether they currently have a character in the game or not. Any number of people can join, as many times as they want (though only one active character at a time), and post as much or as little as they want. If I feel like updating, I'll just roll for stragglers, so the game won't slow down due to player truancy.

Also, you look like this:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Game:

System: Homebrew RPG-like system.
Format: Sent to Another World Genre CYOA
Players: Vote at anytime you want!

Description: isekai, a popular genre of being sent to another world or universe. The genre can be found in classical literature to modern novel and tv shows. It Generally consist of the modern protagonist being sent to a fantasy world of sword and magic or a fictional world on tv or game made real. He have to progress and reach to the top with the unique law of the universe.

Voting is still in progress and currently leaning towards a fantasy world or one with the aim to cause a magic chariot industrialization.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 20, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Game: Gunpowder Treason and Plot
System: WFRP 2e, Children of the Horned Rat
Players: 5-6

Description: Figure out how to survive your orders to cooperate with each other and take down the Rat Catchers of Nuln. You have minimal backup, are considered expendable, and have been ordered not to kill each other...but also to make sure your clan comes out on top. Good luck with that.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Game: [MHRP] To Me, My X-Men!
System: Marvel Heroic
Format: Forums PbP

Description: Be the X-Men! Explore and develop a brand new continuity where mutants (and mutants only) save the world with strange powers, have complex character arcs, fall in love, and do all the other things that X-Men are known to do. Expect adventures in the Savage Land, trips to outer space, fights against genocidal robots, and maybe a little time travel on the side.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Game: Zeitgeist
System: 4th Edition DnD
Format:Discord Voice + Fantasy Grounds (no license required)
Players: Currently need 1 to make 5

Description:
This is a long-running game, currently about to complete adventure 3 of 13(12?). We have had a player that has had to pull out, and would love another one to fill in the spot. Zeitgeist is a critically acclaimed Adventure Path that takes players through a story filled with intrigue, excitement, excellent combat, and fantastic world building, spanning level 1-30 in 4th Edition DnD. Come turn over conspiracies and change the fate of Lanjyr

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Game: Havis: Smallgods Redux

System: PDQ Homebrew variant with D20 elements

Format:PbP

Players: Looking for 8-10.

Description:
A new player friendly godgame that models after some of the best and most successful games our community has had. Play as low-tier Gods gaining power in a world ravaged by catastrophe an Age ago. Explore ruins, recovering settlements, and various other encounters with mortals and other powers to become the mythic figures you were destined to be. Come join the fun while the opportunity lasts!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Game: Iron Kingdoms Introduction/One-shots
System: Iron Kingdoms 2E
Format: Discord Voice + Roll20
Players: 3-5 at a time, planning multiple one-shots so expecting some rollover.

Description:
Iron Kingdoms is a fantasy steampunk RPG with an interesting but familiar setting, nice balance of accessible mechanics and engaging crunch, and neat ideas from tabletop wargaming. I've run it a few times in the past, but I want to get better at running it, so I'm going to run some one-shots and maybe a short campaign. Come join in and be a gatorman who can punch through steel and eats bones for power or a troll who can literally yell people apart! It's pretty great, come enjoy it with us.

Rip_Van_Winkle fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 26, 2017

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Game: Ye Olde Fantastickal Realm
System: Microscope
Format: Discord text
Players: 3-5

Description: Young kingdoms grow from the ashes of a magical catastrophe...

This is an attempt at world building for a fantasy game. I'm thinking of Dungeon Fantasy, specifically the new box set, but I'm flexible in my adaptation. Ideally completing this would segue into a normal RPG campaign set in the world with the people involved in Microscope, but if you're just interested in the Microscope part that's cool with me.

Timezones: Eastern, generally during the day, but I don't expect this to be super fast paced.

children overboard
Apr 3, 2009
Game: Like it's 1999
System: All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Format: Pbp

Description: The millenium bug isn't the worst bug going around :eek:

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Game: No Sense of Right and Wrong
System: Dungeon World
Format: PbP
Players: 3-6

Description:
Wizards! Warlocks! Sorcerers! Witches! Magical workers of all kinds! You really messed things up this time! Now it's your responsibility to fix things, either that or bicker and squabble, and perform self-serving tasks for your own societies like you've always done but this time under the pretence that you're actually helping!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Game: A Monster Mask(s)
System: Masks
Format: Discord PbP

Description: Come be a Hero in a spooky Halloween world where you're probably neighbors with a Vampire, and work with at least one ghost. Protect people from Monsters, save innocents from dangers, and maybe be a little spooky - and cheesy!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Game: Gutermuth Academy
System: 1e Monsterhearts

Description: You've enrolled in an isolated private school and also you're a teen monster. Nothing can go wrong here!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Game: Bells of War: A Second Let Thrones Beware Playtest
System: Let Thrones Beware
Format: Discord PbP
Players: 4-5
Frequency: ~1/post day
Timezone: I'm posting in Eastern (UTC-05:00), but knock yourself out!

Description: Come join the second Let Thrones Beware pbp playtest, fight some brigands, free some villagers, and discover a terrible monstrosity lurking in the Deep Wood.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Game: Save the Day
System: PbtA Hack
Players: 3-4
Description: The sun has been kidnapped, and the night grows long and cold. Can you travel to the underworld and bring her back?

JackMann fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 4, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Game: Thou dastardly deeds, done dirt cheep!
System: Capers! (Masks hack, PBTA)
Format: Discord PBP
Description: You are a teenage villain! In a fantasy world. Do you have what it takes to blow up the moon with an infernal ritual so you can finally impress that cute girl living the street over?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Game: Over the Wall
System: Blades in the Dark
Format: PBP, organizing on Discord, may play there or forums depending on player choice
Players: Need 1 more
Description: A Blades in the Dark game about spies doing spy things, based on the show Princess Principal. You will need to have watched the show (not entirely, but at least the first few episodes) for it to make much sense. If you're interested check out the Discord link above.

Already set.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 4, 2017

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Game: Blood & Darkness
System: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 2nd Edition
Description: A group of adventurers are caught up in the Storm of Chaos while traveling to Middenheim. Short adventure with the potential for a longer campaign.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Game: Tokyo: Behind the Times
System: Urban Shadows
Players: 4+
Description: I wanted to run a game where I could follow characters around as they go about their political maneuvering in the biggest city in the world. Hopefully will be quite open and play to find out. The city is currently at high alert because of rumors that an emperor from pre-shogunate times has risen from his grave to reclaim his throne. Whether he will bring about the end of the city or find out he's a small fish in a big pond we'll see!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Game: One Short Sleep Past
System: Shadow of the Demon Lord
Players: 4–6
Description: In a world slowly succumbing to the hideous demonic influx of the Void, a world reeling in the aftermath of an empire's violent end, the village of Ravensfield seems much too mundane to be troubled by such matters of life and death. Quaint in a faintly provincial kind of way, Ravensfield is at best noteworthy for the ingeniously constructed automata which serve and toil for its denizens; it's the kind of place you'd never expect trouble to strike…until it does, of course, and unlikely heroes must rise to the occasion!

Recruitment has closed.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 16, 2017

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Exmond posted:

Game: Storm Clouds over Vancouver
Game Thread: Vancouver Stormfront
System: Urban Shadows, a Powered By the Apocalypse game
Players: Anyone is accepted, from newbie to veteran.
Description: Urban Fantasy adventure set in Vancouver, characters will be dirtying their hands with competing factions

Had 1 player drop out so we are looking for a replacement!

Discord link is here:
https://discord.gg/PVqADC3

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Not So Blessed Isle
System: Exalted 3rd Edition
Format: Voice/Discord/Roll20
Players: 4–6
Date: Wednesdays at 9PM EST to 12AM EST
Description: Be a Solar trying to survive in the Blessed Isle, center of the Realm, and stronghold of the Dragonblooded dominion.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 2, 2018

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Game: Annihilation Redux
System: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Description: Annihilus wants to destroy the universe. Join up with other superheroes and weird alien civilizations and try not to let that happen.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Spiteski posted:

Game: Zeitgeist
System: 4th Edition DnD
Format:Discord Voice + Fantasy Grounds (no license required)
Players: Currently need 1 to make 5

Description:
This is a long-running game, currently about to complete adventure 3 of 13(12?). We have had a player that has had to pull out, and would love another one to fill in the spot. Zeitgeist is a critically acclaimed Adventure Path that takes players through a story filled with intrigue, excitement, excellent combat, and fantastic world building, spanning level 1-30 in 4th Edition DnD. Come turn over conspiracies and change the fate of Lanjyr

Still need a player for this. We've just finished Adventure 3

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Game: Out With the Old
System: Masks
Description: Older heroes are disappearing, and villainous activity is on the rise. You should probably do something about those things.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Game: [MHR] The Great Plains Avengers are recruiting!
System: MHR
Description: Most of the superpowered action goes on in the northeast, where the greatest heroes and villains clash in titanic struggles that at times will determine the fate of reality itself. Unfortunately, you're in the midwest, and most struggles couldn't be defined as 'titanic' and typically determine the outcome of the state fair.

Be the thin caped line defending the little Kansas city you call your homebase and its population of 50,000. Fight supervillains that aren't exactly inspired but likely just as deadly as the big guys fight in the big cities.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Game: Lights! Cameras! Monsters!
System: 2e Monsterhearts

Description You're on the set of a b-movie. Oh and you're a monster. Surely nothing can go wrong?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Game: Streets of Altdorf

Description i wanted to do a game in the WHFRP universe but more focused on the politicking than being impaled on a hung over goblin’s spear. Not that a little sudden mortality and dark humour won’t be appreciated.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Game: Marienburg
System: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying
Format: Roll20/Discord
Players: 2-3 more

Description Sandbox adventure starting in the Greatest Port in the Old World! Will you end up aiding criminals, joining Witch Hunters, or plain old burning it all to the ground and running to the nearest Karak for safety?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Game: Shadows Over The Big Apple
Format: Traditional PbP + Potentially Discord PbP
Description: An Urban Fantasy tale in New York City, of mudanes, monsters and everything in-between.