Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Looking forward to the 2020 Trump slogan of "Bernie would've won, but Trump got it done!"

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

mlmp08 posted:

Looking forward to the 2020 Trump slogan of "Bernie would've won, but Trump got it done!"

Oh Christ that's really good.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Yeah so Donny is denying he made a deal now. So much for that brief glimmer of hope

Trump denies deal on DACA but sympathizes with dreamers - CNBC
https://apple.news/AU-XNB-GrRbii3DiqSaxo9Q

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use veteran go want to do work more like?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use veteran go want to do work more like?

are you having a stroke or am i

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Wasabi the J posted:

What?

NSA wizard is wasabi a foreign agent whose google translate broke?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more enlisted to use even go need to do work more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

Edit: man I thought that dumb poo poo was more well known than that

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 14, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I am loving dying right now

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Wasabi the J posted:

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more enlisted to use even go need to do work more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

"I've been further even more enlisted to use even go need to do work more as anyone can."

Is my favorite enlisted statement maybe in history

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

BUG JUG posted:

The Aristocrats!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

mlmp08 posted:

"I've been further even more enlisted to use even go need to do work more as anyone can."

Is my favorite enlisted statement maybe in history

My brain is attempting to divide by 0 when reading his post.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Wasabi the J posted:

I got it, but the reaction was almost funnier than the joke.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

How drunk were you when you made this post?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wasabi is drunk and it rules.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I MADE NO DEAL

https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/908308257223176192

HERE ARE THE TERMS OF THE DEAL IF THERE WAS A DEAL, WHICH THERE IS NO DEAL THAT I MADE

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/908319360808353793

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

facialimpediment posted:

I MADE NO DEAL

https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/908308257223176192

HERE ARE THE TERMS OF THE DEAL IF THERE WAS A DEAL, WHICH THERE IS NO DEAL THAT I MADE

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/908319360808353793

I'm walking to the train right now and laughed to myself like a crazy person reading this.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I think we just watched trump put the triangle peg through the triangular hole, now to see if trump makes the logical connection between his actions and the positive reinforcement

mlmp08 posted:

:vince:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Fidget pivoter- the national tool millennials are obsessed with killing

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Trump's sundowning kicking off early today.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

No deal, no deal, you're the deal.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
words are kind of like onions, if you peel them back

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/908337462845505536

wait what the gently caress

For more content, an American ISIS dude just surrendered: http://www.thedailybeast.com/us-military-american-isis-fighter-reportedly-surrenders

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I wonder if Trump even knows about that. Or if he'll watch Fox & Friends and drastically change his mind when they mock him for being a *minority* lover.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Godholio posted:

I wonder if Trump even knows about that. Or if he'll watch Fox & Friends and drastically change his mind when they mock him for being a *minority* lover.

I want to make Dreamers citizens, Obama only wanted to give them amnesty! Sad!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
"Incident" at Bragg with multiple injuries, soldiers hurt, no details.

http://abc11.com/soldiers-hurt-in-incident-at-fort-bragg/2415899/

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

facialimpediment posted:

"Incident" at Bragg with multiple injuries, soldiers hurt, no details.

http://abc11.com/soldiers-hurt-in-incident-at-fort-bragg/2415899/

My money is on super hosed up jump

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

My money is on super hosed up jump

Hurry up and jump, the wind is already at 12 knots and Irma's just making it worse!

*dudes leave the door with 20 knot surface winds*

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The logical conclusion of the Fox News coverage will be "Democrats commit elder abuse by forcing man with early onset Alzheimer's to sign documents he doesn't understand."

At this point they have to realize that Trump doesn't care about anything but being on whichever side "wins," even if it's the Democrats.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Je suis tres confused

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Slim Pickens posted:

Hurry up and jump, the wind is already at 12 knots and Irma's just making it worse!

*dudes leave the door with 20 knot surface winds*

It's been updated to explosion during training so I was way off

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Pesticide20 posted:

It's been updated to explosion during training so I was way off

Was someone playing hot potato with a 105 round?

(I kid, those don't detonate on direct impact)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Says vehicle rollover now

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Says vehicle rollover now

drat. We had one of those happen back in 2008 I think, gun tractor rolled and a troop died when the gun locker smashed her head in.

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

drat. We had one of those happen back in 2008 I think, gun tractor rolled and a troop died when the gun locker smashed her head in.

LAV or Stryker(less common due to lower CoG happen quite a bit. Every couple of years they kill someone in training in Canada.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just :lol: that Dems got burned for believing Trump when Trump said a thing and they didn't get it in writing and on camera.

His Nazi loving rear end in a top hat brain is so full of Swiss cheese holes he might actually believe he made a great deal, the best deal, you're gonna be so happy believe me.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Just :lol: that Dems got burned for believing Trump when Trump said a thing and they didn't get it in writing and on camera.

It doesn't matter. The fact that he even met with them and discussed it pissed off the very people who voted for him. Politically, that's powerful. If they actually manage to get him to follow through with it, then doubly so.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
More details on Sanders' bill including how to fund it:

https://peoplespolicyproject.org/2017/09/14/the-contents-of-the-new-medicare-for-all-bill/

quote:

1. A 7.5 percent employer-side payroll tax. This tax is intended to impound the money employers currently pump into the healthcare sector through private insurance premiums.

2. A 4 percent income tax surcharge. This tax is intended to impound the money individuals currently pump into the healthcare sector through private insurance premiums. Because the tax is being collected through the federal income tax code, the standard deduction can be applied towards it, meaning that families making less than $29,000 would pay nothing, and families making $50,000 would pay just $844 per year, far less than they currently pay in private insurance premiums.

3. Higher income taxes on the very rich. The plan calls for creating more tax brackets for higher earners with marginal tax rates spanning from 40 percent for income made between $250,000 and $500,000 to 52 percent for income made over $10 million.

4. Elimination of capital gains preference. Currently capital gains are taxed at a lower rate than ordinary income. This reform would tax capital gains as ordinary income.

5. Capping deductions for the very rich. For households with incomes over $250,000, the value of particular itemized deductions would be capped at 28 percent. Currently the value of an itemized deduction is based on your highest marginal tax rate. So, someone whose highest marginal tax rate is 39.6 percent would receive 39.6 cents of value for every 1 dollar of tax deduction they claim. Under this reform, high-income families would only be able to receive at most 28 cents of value for every 1 dollar of tax deduction.

6. Increase the estate tax. Under this proposal, the current 40 percent estate tax would be replaced with a progressive estate tax with rates ranging from 45 to 65 percent. There would be a 0 percent rate for the first $3.5 million (single person) or $7 million (married couple) of an estate.

7. A 1 percent wealth tax for wealth over $21 million. This would mean wealthy individuals would have to annually add up their net worth and pay 1 percent of any net worth exceeding $21 million to the government.

8. Close S-Corp dividend loophole. There is not much detail as to how, but the proposal is to make it harder for business owners to abuse S-corp status to report what is really ordinary labor income as dividends. It is worth noting that if the capital gains preference is eliminated (another of the proposals), this would not be strictly necessary.

9. Tax offshore profits. This would apply the corporate tax to money corporations are currently holding “offshore” to avoid paying tax on it. This would be a one time thing.

10. A 0.07 percent tax on big financial institutions. Particularly, the proposal calls for a 0.07 percent tax on the covered liabilities of financial institutions with $50 billion or more of total assets.

11. Change treatment of corporate inventories. This would forbid the last-in, first-out accounting method that allows corporations to overstate the cost of their inventories in order to claim a lower profit and pay less tax.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Were I a Dem with money I'd be organizing an ostensibly conservative PAC to hammer Trump from the right on this. His base is pretty livid.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/BluegillRises/status/908283684016447488

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
When they meet with him and then lay out their specific view on how it went they force the White House to clarify. Trump has spent his entire campaign avoiding specifics so actually being able to force him to take a position is pretty huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Seems reasonable, so it won't pass of course

• Locked thread