Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

psydude posted:

Lmao what is Trump doing? I mean I'm sure Pelosi and Schumer are pleased, but what the gently caress is his strategy here?

He's punishing GOP leadership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Godholio posted:

They invented vending machines. Impressive.

It's actually more insane than that because the contents of their dumb vending machine will be based on location and consumer purchasing habits so god knows how they're gonna manage updating the unique contents of every single machine on a regular basis and how many thousands of individual SKUs they're gonna have compared to a regular vending machine that has the same poo poo always.

Also I can't get over the loving shameless way they appropriate the name of ethnic corner stores and in the same breath say they plan to run them all out of business.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

psydude posted:

Lmao what is Trump doing? I mean I'm sure Pelosi and Schumer are pleased, but what the gently caress is his strategy here?

The Nixon Madman Gambit. If everyone thinks he's crazy enough to suspend posse comitatus and seize Chicago by force, then he can negotiate tax reform.

And then he'll seize Chicago by force anyway because he's batshit loving insane.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

psydude posted:

Trump strategy:

1. Get elected
2. Wing it
3. America Great Again

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lmfao if Trump's lasting legacy is passing single loving payer as a desperation move he got corralled into by Schumer and Pelosi because he saw the news coverage tick mildly positive the week prior when he agreed to gently caress over Ryan and McConnell with a poo poo sandwich on the debt ceiling.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

FrozenVent posted:

Trump strategy:

1. Get elected
2. Wing it
3. America Great Again

And there are a lot of people that think this is legitimate politicking because they hate what they think the status quo is.

Also if that happens, I will actually give the credit. I won't be happy about the motivations and it's more of the broken clock analogy, but I'll still be loving happy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

FAUXTON posted:

Lmfao if Trump's lasting legacy is passing single loving payer as a desperation move he got corralled into by Schumer and Pelosi because he saw the news coverage tick mildly positive the week prior when he agreed to gently caress over Ryan and McConnell with a poo poo sandwich on the debt ceiling.

Trump's gonna MAGA out of spite.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Godholio posted:

"Mr. President, know what would really piss off McConnell and Ryan? Withdrawing from Afghanistan."

BigDave fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 14, 2017

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I dunno if I'd be more angry or more happy if Trump does a 180 just out of spite and a want to not be known as the most unpopular president in recent history. On one hand good job for taking america to the hospital, but bad job for shooting it in the foot repeatedly for the last 9 months.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Godholio posted:

It'd be even funner, in that hypothetical, if he then proceeded to lose Congress in 2018 and get impeached. Just the most bigly "your money's on the dresser, get out before the neighbors see you" to his face.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'd kill to see Trump go 180 from his path, and also work with the Dems and moderate republicans.

Never gonna loving happen in this timeline, guys. We're on the darkest timeline.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I'd kill to see Trump go 180 from his path, and also work with the Dems and moderate republicans.

Never gonna loving happen in this timeline, guys. We're on the darkest timeline.

Except it kind of is? I dunno, but killing the border wall and striking up an amnesty plan with the Democrats for the DACA people is something I never expected from Trump. Was Bannon really that influential? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around WTF he's doing.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

psydude posted:

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around WTF he's doing.

Don't worry, so is he, and everyone else.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Hardcore Trump voters on Facebook have switched to "now THIS is the president we voted for!".

Haha I also forgot that I've been having crazy conversations with Trump voting farmers as I have just moved in with my liberal Aunt married to an Indian uncle in a conservative college town in California.

The conversation went something like "Well he won't touch our illegals, noone is going to bother with them. We've tried to get them legal every which way but it's just impossible! Also, some of them with free housing have gone back to Mexico can you believe it!? Also, gently caress that Jerry Brown and his $15/hr minimum wage, who needs $15/hr!? *drinks more wine in $3+ million freshly renovated house* Also, who is going to pick all this poo poo!?" Etc. It's going to be an interesting time.

Edit: "If they just gave us enough water we could feed the country! They just waste that water and let it go out to the ocean!" *grows water intensive crop for export during drought*

lightpole fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 14, 2017

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
A few months ago he was literally threatening Republicans that if they didn't fall in line and produce what he wanted (ACA repeal etc), he would go and work with Democrats instead. Not saying that this represents a conscious consummation of that threat, but it's pretty funny and hosed up that "bipartisanship" has become the ultimate boogeyman to congressional Republicans.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

psydude posted:

Except it kind of is?

I see these occasions as extreme outlier events. The exceptions that prove the rule if you will.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

watch trump legalize weed and get reelected off that alone

PookBear fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 14, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I wouldn't vote for him, but I would think about it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

He'd get my vote. But I'm deep in the red state world, and I'm a one issue voter when it comes to weed. If either of the parties ever nominated someone that was going to re/de-schedule marijuana I'd vote for that person. Yes even if that person were Hitler. I'd literally vote Hitler for legal weed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shim you're uninvited from my mocktail party.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

420 smoke jews erryday

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I'd literally vote Hitler for legal weed.

He'd get you baked and then he'd bake you.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hitler would promise to legalize "weed" and then on day one be like "ALL THE DANDELION GREENS YOU CAN SMOKE, AMERICA" and people would rationalize it as "well at least he promised" despite clearly being Hitler the whole time.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
xXx420weedhitler420xXx

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie sees a ton of positives in the DACA deal poo poo.

- he gets to yell at Republicans that hosed over his first months with healthcare bullshit
- he gets the good press of "bipartisanship"
- he hated how negative the press was on being anti-DACA
- his voters are actually pro-DACA except for the breitbarters
- he gets to stick a needle in the eye of Sessions
- he gets to sign a bill and he loves that poo poo
- he "made a deal" and he couldn't give two shits about how much he gave away
- Obama couldn't make DACA permanent
- personally he likes Schumer and Pelosi more than Ryan and McConnell

So watch Republicans never bring that deal to the floor and make Donnie angry :laugh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ded posted:

xXx420weedbonerhitler69xXx

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie is working towards another early morning twitter tantrum denying that any deal has been reached.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/908276308265795585

Ahahahahahaha

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Its still not passing the Turing test I see

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

You could've found out yourself.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Wasabi the J posted:

You could've found out yourself.

Who knew making just under a million people illegal and threatening to deport them in six months could be so complicated?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

holy poo poo pissss

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

The gently caress?

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

We have always been at war with Eastasia!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I think we just watched trump put the triangle peg through the triangular hole, now to see if trump makes the logical connection between his actions and the positive reinforcement

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

The Aristocrats!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Chaser

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/908278070611779585

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Who would've thought Trump is probably the nation's best chance at passing single payer healthcare?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Listen at this point the chaos is very entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Looking forward to the 2020 Trump slogan of "Bernie would've won, but Trump got it done!"

• Locked thread