Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I can't wait to see Garrison's spin on Trump agreeing to do even more things for the Democrats
I think you'll find it was actually Trump who got the Democrats to do everything he wanted! :smug:

Or, y'know, Hillary was in the news recently, so he might just milk that for a few more weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I can't wait to see Garrison's spin on Trump agreeing to do even more things for the Democrats

He gonna draw them all playing chess where Pelosi and Schumer have one checker piece on the board and are saying "we got him now!"

Although Trump's base is actually angry at him this time so maybe we'll get a conclusion to the tug of war cartoon.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

THEY ASKED HIM IF HE WANTED TO CHANGE GAMES SO HE WOULDN'T BE MOCKED ON SOCIAL MEDIA
THEY ASKED HIM IF HE WANTED TO CHANGE GAMES
THEY ASKED HIM

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

D.N. Nation posted:

THEY ASKED HIM IF HE WANTED TO CHANGE GAMES SO HE WOULDN'T BE MOCKED ON SOCIAL MEDIA
THEY ASKED HIM IF HE WANTED TO CHANGE GAMES
THEY ASKED HIM
That's not the way it was presented basically everywhere on the internet until quite a bit later.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Trump's agreeing then denying schtick reminds me of how Nixon attempted to confuse the North Vietnamese, except that Trump is the confused party and not the media.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ashsaber posted:

... The crosshatching threw me.
haha what an idiot who would think that

I did too :ssh:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If the past is any indication, hell either ignore it despite how important it is or he'll do "poor innocent Trump getting dragged into The Swamp by (((globalists)))"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lord Hydronium posted:

I think you'll find it was actually Trump who got the Democrats to do everything he wanted! :smug:

Or, y'know, Hillary was in the news recently, so he might just milk that for a few more weeks.

"haven't you noticed how Domal Tromp hasn't implemented any of the stuff help said he would implement? I knew he was lying selectively about only certain things, and I'm not a monster for voting fur him! "
-My father, ex husband of the cancer patient woman who signed her death warrant holding out on signing up for the ACA, my mother

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Dr. VooDoo posted:

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/908324630217105408

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:newlol: the very idea that Trump is a crafty chessmaster.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Garrison must be the straight up most delusional of our regular staff here, jesus christ.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I'm the "3D" label at the bottom of the 3D chessboard

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!

I'm the wall between Texas and Oklahoma that Trump is going to build.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gotta love the baldfaced propaganda tactic of making Trump like 3x the size of the Mexican president

Garrison has never really done subtlety

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

:newlol: the very idea that Trump is a crafty chessmaster.

Bill Mitchell et al have latched onto this as an explanation for why their strongman champion spends so much of his time apparently bumbling around randomly and loving everything up: he's simply so smart, such a tactical genius that mere mortals cannot comprehend his strategies

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Has this thread reached a consensus on whether or not Garrison actually believes the bullshit he draws and writes? To me, it doesn't seem very genuine, and more of a desperate appeal to the part of Trump's base that practically worships him as a god. Once that base inevitably evaporates, he'll just go back to doing nothing but commissions for alt-right YouTubers.

But, maybe I'm just giving him too much benefit of the doubt. You'd think that anyone drawing Trump as a strong-jawed manly superhero has at least SOME amount of self-awareness, but by this point in American politics, who knows.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

loquacius posted:

Bill Mitchell et al have latched onto this as an explanation for why their strongman champion spends so much of his time apparently bumbling around randomly and loving everything up: he's simply so smart, such a tactical genius that mere mortals cannot comprehend his strategies
Look at Trump masterfully maneuvering these rakes to get them exactly where he wants:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Has this thread reached a consensus on whether or not Garrison actually believes the bullshit he draws and writes? To me, it doesn't seem very genuine, and more of a desperate appeal to the part of Trump's base that practically worships him as a god. Once that base inevitably evaporates, he'll just go back to doing nothing but commissions for alt-right YouTubers.

But, maybe I'm just giving him too much benefit of the doubt. You'd think that anyone drawing Trump as a strong-jawed manly superhero has at least SOME amount of self-awareness, but by this point in American politics, who knows.

It's so hard to tell, right?

For me, signs point to him having actually gone off the deep end. His rants have become progressively more and more unhinged and Dee's-like through this period. He's been radicalized by immersing himself in that world for so long, even though he might not have gone into it buying all of it. It's not an unknown process, I've seen plenty of people I know that have gone from reasonable individuals to full on frothing conspiracy lunatics by slowly being drawn into an opinion bubble that constantly stokes their anger and fuels their theories.

Even Toblerone Triangular became afraid of what he'd become in the end, right?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

He absolutely believes it, but, he's personally fueled more by money than ideology.
The fact that he's paid to draw racist troll cartoons is just icing on the cake.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Erenthal posted:

For me, signs point to him having actually gone off the deep end. His rants have become progressively more and more unhinged and Dee's-like through this period.
I think I brought this up before - Dee and Garrison have the exact same worldview, except Garrison is still lucid enough to replace his Magen Davids with (((Globalists)))). We tend to assume that Dee believes what he believes because he is mentally ill, and refuses to take his meds. What do we make of Garrison then?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, we've seen that garrison has some real daddy issues, and a common result of that is worshipping in others the very same things you hated in dad. Some go the other way and hate the things they associate with dad, but humans are weird.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

Read "Art of the Deal"

The guy who actually wrote that said Trump's an idiot

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Xander77 posted:

I think I brought this up before - Dee and Garrison have the exact same worldview, except Garrison is still lucid enough to replace his Magen Davids with (((Globalists)))). We tend to assume that Dee believes what he believes because he is mentally ill, and refuses to take his meds. What do we make of Garrison then?

That's a good point and another one that you mention that I too have wondered over at times. Is Dee's an antisemite who happens to be schizophrenic, or is it entirely based on his schizophrenic paranoid delusions and jews just happened to be one of the main things he latched on to?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I don't think that Garrison has gone full Dees yet, he never wrote about government agencies who send agents to rearrange his shoes.

Come to think of it Dees got crazy and then anti-Semitic, Garrison feels like the other way around.

E: page 777

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 14, 2017

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Erenthal posted:

That's a good point and another one that you mention that I too have wondered over at times. Is Dee's an antisemite who happens to be schizophrenic, or is it entirely based on his schizophrenic paranoid delusions and jews just happened to be one of the main things he latched on to?

That isn't really a meaningful distinction because he's so profoundly influenced by these delusions that have been feeding into themselves for years.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Erenthal posted:

From my knowledge of conspiracy theories, most of them aren't inherently anti-semitic, but it's very easy for followers to fall off of the "And y'know who's behind it all? The JEWS!" cliff if they're not careful. You don't have to be an anti-semite to believe that the government is putting fluoride in the water to keep the population dumb and fat, for example, but the longer you buy into that idea, the more and more likely you're going to be exposed to someone who blames Known Zionist Cabal Leader George Soros for it all.

So, if your brain is hard-wired towards conspiracy thought and paranoia, it's only a matter of time before you step on a "The Jews did it!" landmine in an attempt to explain everything. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes with Dees.

It's why Dees draws photoshops jumbo jets with Stars of David on them flying into the Twin Towers, and Garrison still hides behind (((globalist))) dog-whistles. To Dees, "The Jews are behind it all" is the ultimate explanation for the state of the world, and it essentially an undeniable fact he's trying to wake up the sheeple to realize. To Garrison, "The Jews are behind it all" is just an insinuation, something that needs to be said with a layer of plausible deniability in case he's called out on it. It's not the key to his entire worldview, it's just his way of saying "Hey, gently caress the Jews, am I right?"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Time to WIN BIG, BABY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCGAOjXXZD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WN-zg0PYb8

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I don't think that Garrison has gone full Dees yet, he never wrote about government agencies who send agents to rearrange his shoes.

Come to think of it Dees got crazy and then anti-Semitic, Garrison feels like the other way around.

But he is obsessed with missing shoes.

Some quotes I took from Garrison's AMA on the_Donald, where among other things we learn his dad was The Real Fascists:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Colander Crotch posted:

I'm the wall between Texas and Oklahoma that Trump is going to build.
it's clearly a movable chess piece don't be absurd

he's going to build it there and then move it north to Canada :black101:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Another slot machine:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh yeah Kim Dot Com was totally going to blow the Seth Rich conspiracy wide open :laffo:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Time to WIN BIG, BABY

It's always astounding just how incredibly bad Garrison is at visual metaphors. So you have a poker game. In this context, how could you show that somebody is duplicitous and not to be trusted? You could show them outright cheating, with cards up their sleeves. Or you might show them bluffing, with their cards showing something else than what they pretend to have. But no, Garrison opted to have his opposition literally with their cards on the table. And those cards spell out exactly what they claim. That's the opposite of a bluff.
So next up, how would you convey that your guy has the upper hand in a game of poker? That his side is stronger and that he has something that would beat his opposition? You'd do it by giving him a better hand of cards? Hah, get out of here. Garrison, who definitely knows how poker works, does it by giving him a shitload of money. Because as well all know, whoever throws the most money on the table wins at poker.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Trump plays on a Star Trek inspired chessboard. So, time for the regular reminder that a great many paedophiles are Trekkies.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I still get a lot of disgusting hate mail from the lefties.

Anyway, here's Michelle Obama with a bulge, get it, because she's got a dick, see.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

D.N. Nation posted:

I still get a lot of disgusting hate mail from the lefties.

Anyway, here's Michelle Obama with a bulge, get it, because she's got a dick, see.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
I am really glad there hasn't been a Garrison cartoon about the Norwegian election, because I was expecting something deranged about the right win winning has saved Norway from turning into Sweden.

I never stop being astounded how much insane right-wingers think Sweden has turned into a hellzone comparable to Syria.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

and Obama is gay.

Well, he's got us there, folks

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

She made those kids eat food, when they should be subsisting on these tasty memes :discourse:

e: *is cataclysmically sexist & transphobic* "What? It wasn't racist!!"

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 14, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

D.N. Nation posted:

and Obama is gay.

Well, he's got us there, folks
Obama gay, so what

alt: Obamaphone, more like Obamahomo
edit: wait poo poo there's an "Obama Homophone" joke there if I was smarter

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

Please forgive me for asking for a Rosh Hashana gift. I need your support. For info on how to make a donation to Dry Bones click on

Labels: 5778, donation, Jewish New Year, shana tova

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Lurdiak posted:

Time to WIN BIG, BABY

This did not age well

• Locked thread