Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
A single gamer death is a tragedy; a million gamer deaths is a statistic. -- Brutalist Joe McDonalds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
In my town:

https://twitter.com/dentonaut/status/908083434228248582

There's a debate over a Confederate monument here. Then this days before one of the city's more prominent African-American cultural events.

The park is where the black community was forcibly evicted from in the 1920s to make room for an expansion of the women's university because the whites didn't want blacks nearby.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 00:48 on Sep 14, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lol its made of glass but they couldn't even manage to smash it up

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

lol its made of glass but they couldn't even manage to smash it up
In fact, it's made out of bulletproof safety glass. Tough stuff. Which means whoever did it took a real hammering to it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

In fact, it's made out of bulletproof safety glass. Tough stuff. Which means whoever did it took a real hammering to it.

lol nazis cant do anything right

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/menshumorXtreme/status/908119117814677504

:smug:

Edit:

https://twitter.com/bobbark03517862/status/908098698122493952

https://twitter.com/Dcdied320/status/908099452732416000

GEORGIA

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 02:07 on Sep 14, 2017

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

Not true they are the world's foremost experts on hilarious failure

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

logikv9 posted:

the future was killed when an entire generation played so many games that they became fat and socially inept, leading them to become nazis

unironically matt christman's position and hell he makes a good argument

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I was about to ask how you missed that, but I guess if you never saw his original tweet then you wouldn't know, because he never commissions accurate portraitures.

love that he basically wants to be spider jerusalem

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ScrubLeague posted:

Not true they are the world's foremost experts on hilarious failure

They're also really good at getting themselves massacred

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Al! posted:

the massively falling birth rates from millennials literally not having enough money to survive on, let alone raise a family is the other half

No, the entirely of the problem is definitely because of this new form of entertainment that their parents did not have, and thus must be sinful and harmful to the brain and soul

Millennials would be fine if they spent all their free time staring at the television without interacting with it, like good red blooded Americans

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Al! posted:

a nazi killed hitler :smug:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Blizzard sez they can't make new content because they are so busy fighting gamer toxicity

https://kotaku.com/blizzard-says-fi...dium=Socialflow

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

Blizzard sez they can't make new content because they are so busy fighting gamer toxicity

https://kotaku.com/blizzard-says-fi...dium=Socialflow

i knew nazis were responsible for why overwatch only has like six maps

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

In my town:

There's a debate over a Confederate monument here. Then this days before one of the city's more prominent African-American cultural events.

The park is where the black community was forcibly evicted from in the 1920s to make room for an expansion of the women's university because the whites didn't want blacks nearby.

ah man gently caress that. if any of these loving chuds goes for the lightnin hopkins statue in crockett gently caress

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i need alt right tears https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/908276308265795585

augias
Apr 7, 2009

E: though i was emptyquoting i trupm thread

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but is he actually, honestly senile?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Randalor posted:

Geniuses often seem insane to their contemporaries.

This has nothing to do with that. I actually don't know why I even brought it up.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Randalor posted:

it's possible he's sundowning but it could just be that he is very stupid

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Randalor posted:

He's trying to gently caress with McConnel and Ryan.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

"baw" posted:

he is very stupid

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's an article from last year where I think Trump's ghostwriter did a psychoanalysis of him, and basically Trump lives entirely in the present. He ignores past failures and lets mistakes and issues slide like water off a duck's back, sometimes with such speed that it seems like he has amnesia, but he also doesn't think any farther into the future beyond what he's getting from his current actions.

He desires praise and attention and doesn't give a poo poo where it's from, so he'll simultaneously pander to his base and the Democrats (even if this makes no sense and he swings wildly between pissing off each side) depending on how much praise it'll get him.

Basically, don't view Trump as anyone with a plan or solid views on any position.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

[

Taintrunner posted:

it's actually really funny how they think the past few years of developers or more importantly publishers have let them put up their product for free with worthless commentary over it on youtube because it seems to move product is some established standard and not a bunch of IP holders trying to make money off their backs which will end the instant the constant drama bombs start to hurt their revenue
That's honestly the part that confuses me the most about this "controversy." I'm not a big fan of IP law and all the bullshit it gets used for but this is pretty much open and shut, right? Game dead have allowed LPs on YouTube out the kindness of their heart (and because it boosts sales), they don't actually have even the tiniest obligation to allow it. So people losing their poo poo and acting like it's some sort of criminal offense for Campo Santo to DMCA a video from a guy they have no desire to be associated with is ridiculous.

"I've seen some poo poo, man. I watched her die right in front of me. I don't think I'll ever be the person was before. drat near ever night I see it happen again and again in my loving dreams. Most of the time I wake up in a cold sweat, screaming her name.

Aeris..."

Origami Dali posted:

rlm is one of the three channels im subscribed to. the other two are farmers who just post videos of them scything their fields because i find it relaxing.

...Link?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

They are either stunned, rationalizing it, or not commenting.

LOL

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

chitoryu12 posted:

There's an article from last year where I think Trump's ghostwriter did a psychoanalysis of him, and basically Trump lives entirely in the present. He ignores past failures and lets mistakes and issues slide like water off a duck's back, sometimes with such speed that it seems like he has amnesia, but he also doesn't think any farther into the future beyond what he's getting from his current actions.

He desires praise and attention and doesn't give a poo poo where it's from, so he'll simultaneously pander to his base and the Democrats (even if this makes no sense and he swings wildly between pissing off each side) depending on how much praise it'll get him.

Basically, don't view Trump as anyone with a plan or solid views on any position.

This was his greatest strength in his campaign, and I say this entirely unironically.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

baw posted:

it's possible he's sundowning but it could just be that he is very stupid

He is very stupid.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

InequalityGodzilla posted:

That's honestly the part that confuses me the most about this "controversy." I'm not a big fan of IP law and all the bullshit it gets used for but this is pretty much open and shut, right? Game dead have allowed LPs on YouTube out the kindness of their heart (and because it boosts sales), they don't actually have even the tiniest obligation to allow it. So people losing their poo poo and acting like it's some sort of criminal offense for Campo Santo to DMCA a video from a guy they have no desire to be associated with is ridiculous.
Anyone saying that Campo Santo is doing anything illegal is an idiot. They're exercising a right currently given to them under law and that they haven't chosen to exercise that right up to now isn't some kind of legally binding agreement to never exercise that right.

That said, this is a pretty obvious example of someone doing something good through a mechanism that is typically used for all kinds of egregious bullshit. So I think a lot of people who hate the DMCA end up in a real uncomfortable position and some end up siding against Campo Santo because their hate of the DMCA outweighs the good it does in this one circumstance. Not saying I agree, just that's where folks are coming from.

An analogy for something more serious might be if a tip from an unconstitutional CIA domestic surveillance operation prevented a kidnapping because the person being surveiled happened to walk by the location where the kidnapping was occurring. Anyone with half a brain is glad the kidnapping didn't happen, but it doesn't ameliorate the underlying problem of unconstitutional surveillance.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

In my town:

more like crackertown

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i do like that bmds local twitter commentary appears to be some kind of rootin tootin cowboy. in texas no less!!!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lol

https://twitter.com/michaelarria/status/908343199386755072

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

man this is great because it nakedly shows the petty terribleness of the right. normal republicans try to couch this thinking in rhetoric about lawfulness or how they really like immigrants but we can't help the entire world"

alt-right is sometimes useful tbh

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

They are either stunned, rationalizing it, or not commenting.

LOL

It doesn't even matter what Trump says, because ICE is only interested in realizing the maximum amount of human misery.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

comingafteryouall posted:

man this is great because it nakedly shows the petty terribleness of the right. normal republicans try to couch this thinking in rhetoric about lawfulness or how they really like immigrants but we can't help the entire world"

alt-right is sometimes useful tbh

Trump was the worst thing to happen to them before but it's going to get even worse

Giving a bunch of attention starved sociopaths recognition and then immediately betraying them is gonna continue to cause all sorts of self owns

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Let me check Breitbart on the news...

2477 comments. Jesus

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

They'll vote for him again

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

They'll vote for him again

well yeah they're not going to suddenly be ok with voting for hillary in the general in 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

2477 comments. Jesus

How many aren't bots or Russian trolls though

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

In my town:

I dont know what it looked like originally but it looks to me like the racists hosed up again and made it look like a rad stained glass window

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

2477 comments. Jesus

quote:

In the recent issue of Action Comics #987, "The Oz Effect," released Wednesday, Superman arrives in the nick of time to protect a group of undocumented immigrants from a white man sporting an American flag bandanna, wielding a machine gun, who is going to shoot them for taking his job.

Superman blocks the bullets before they hit the terrified people.

"Stop this!" Superman orders the gunman.

"Why?!" he responds. "They ruined me! Stole from me!"

Grabbing the gunman by the collar and pulling him in close, Superman says, "The only person responsible for the blackness smothering your soul — is you!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lib dipshit superman heaps the burden of responsibility on the disenfranchised individual, instead of assigning blame to the capitalist that exploits illegal labor