Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OMFG you caught it mid-transformation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z1yLO9C-Q

e: WTF the wheels don't turn? My memory is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

What? Yeah man, my basically-a-sports-car ute can totally carry a ton of concrete sacks on the back, why do you ask?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

zoux posted:

https://i.imgur.com/PbnSryo.gifv

Who could have possibly foreseen

Lucky one of these guys didn't end up with an intubation and some escharotomies.

(Look up "escharotomy".) Maybe kerosene would have been slightly safer?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

I'm surprised he found someone to load that much.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

ahh, Queensland.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Liar liar!
And it's always good schadenfreude when someone loses their pants.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

zoux posted:

i wish i could get this in slow motion so i can watch how close that tank comes to actually exploding and killing them all

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Memento posted:

What? Yeah man, my basically-a-sports-car ute can totally carry a ton of concrete sacks on the back, why do you ask?

720kg payload for that one, which is 36 bags. Pleasingly, Holden never deliberately underbuilt their utes* to increase higher-margin 4x4 sales.

*: meaning that payloads for (except the 1 tonner) never went down appreciably from the HQ.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

At what point in history did stanced and broken become indistinguishable.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Memento posted:

You can’t even load fill most truck beds level with water without overloading them. Only some duallies can handle it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Platystemon posted:

You can’t even load fill most truck beds level with water without overloading them. Only some duallies can handle it.

it works if you're just making a redneck swimming pool :banjo:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Must be tired, puppers do the same thing when they're exhausted :3:

Wondering if it's stock, or had a modified axle(for :airquote: aesthetics :airquote: )
Also wondering if blowing out the springs on the back axle nearing max load is covered under warranty.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mistle posted:

Wondering if it's stock, or had a modified axle(for :airquote: aesthetics :airquote: )
Also wondering if blowing out the springs on the back axle nearing max load is covered under warranty.

Who cares, it's borrowed anyway. (In my experience, people only do that to other people's pick-ups.)

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

ethanol posted:

i wish i could get this in slow motion so i can watch how close that tank comes to actually exploding and killing them all

gasoline doesn't explode unless it's within a fairly narrow fuel to air ratio, which they approximated by atomizing it in front of a vacuum exhaust. the tank would just sit and burn until it melted.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

VectorSigma posted:

gasoline doesn't explode unless it's within a fairly narrow fuel to air ratio, which they approximated by atomizing it in front of a vacuum exhaust. the tank would just sit and burn until it melted.

Unless you have a sealed container and heat it a lot, at which point you can get a BLEVE.
A BLEVE involving flammable liquid can be spectacular.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 14, 2017

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

VectorSigma posted:

Then it would spread rapidly and uncontrollably across the lawn, and also set fire to those trees next to the house, followed by the house itself. Water won't stop it, they'd need a big enough fire extinguisher, and you know that nobody doing this kind of thing has one of those on hand.

Unfortunately for us it doesn't look like there's enough gasoline on the ground to burn through that jerry can.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

Unless you have a sealed container and heat it a lot, at which point you can get a BLEVE.

9/11 Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF78Fibz6r0&t=275s

e: drat can't find that crying zerg korean flag emoticon

Dave Grool fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 14, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is this safe?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SelenicMartian posted:

Is this safe?

at least she'd be more at risk of heat stroke working in hot, humid conditions in head to toe robes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SelenicMartian posted:

Is this safe?

Don’t make a habit of it.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Jesus didn't wear chaps

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Peetown Manning posted:

Jesus didn't wear chaps

Eh, he probably did

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Platystemon posted:

Most trucks can't even handled a half-load of water:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Is this safe?

Hell no. Work clothes should never have all those loose bits flapping about. I hope they don't have lathes at her convent.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
For real. Hire a contractor, Mother Superior.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Memento posted:

For real. Hire a contractor, Mother Superior.

Rule of st. Benedict says they gotta do manual labor in the fields

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Rule of st. Benedict says they gotta do manual labor in the fields

Yeah if she were using judo chops to cut wood that would be fine.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A Staffordshire bull terrier that killed its owner by crushing his larynx in its jaws in front of a BBC documentary crew had probably taken crack cocaine, an inquest has heard.

The dog’s owner, Mario Perivoitos, died at his home in Wood Green, north London, in an incident in March that was seen but not filmed by BBC journalists making a programme about drugs.

An inquest at North London coroner’s court heard that the behaviour of the dog, called Major, could have been triggered by crack cocaine.

Nicholas Carmichael, a veterinary toxicologist, told the inquest that samples indicating high levels of cocaine and morphine were discovered in the dog’s urine.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/sep/12/mario-perivoitos-inquest-dog-mauled-owner-probably-took-crack-cocaine

Dont give your dogs crack!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

MisterOblivious posted:

solution: put jackstands under the frame

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MisterOblivious posted:

This is awesome even if it is an ad of sorts.

VectorSigma posted:

solution: put jackstands under the frame

I doubt the vast majority of people think that far and they would want to show off like in every other video by driving it around like the limos with a spa.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hell no. Work clothes should never have all those loose bits flapping about. I hope they don't have lathes at her convent.

She would change into something more suited to safety, but that can be difficult once you've gotten into a habit

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

EKDS5k posted:

Unfortunately for us it doesn't look like there's enough gasoline on the ground to burn through that jerry can.

That's not a jerry can. Doesn't have the right shape, doesn't have the three handles.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Strollin' to Home Depot like my name is El ninio 

Loaded tons of sand and concrete in the back of an El camino 

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mistle posted:

Probably, those rims are the exact kind of dogshit someone who lowered their VS ute would buy.

The Bloop posted:

Strollin' to Home Depot like my name is El ninio 

Loaded tons of sand and concrete in the back of an El camino 

Real shame they never made it to America as a reborn El Camino, I knew a fair few people who would have loved one.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
Everybody's favorite Finns playing with fire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd8zpaX9GW4

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
This felt relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvim4rsNHkQ

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

oohhboy posted:

I doubt the vast majority of people think that far and they would want to show off like in every other video by driving it around like the limos with a spa.

Then their truck will be fine because half the water will end up on the ground when they accelerate, steer, or brake.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zopotantor posted:

Everybody's favorite Finns playing with fire:

The Dudesons are everybody's favorite Finns :colbert:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

Then their truck will be fine because half the water will end up on the ground when they accelerate, steer, or brake.

Assuming they are the less than 50% of people that have a truck that can take half the water in the first place and they don't over stress it with a dynamic load from moving.

I will gladly like to see additional videos or pictures of broken overloaded trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

ekuNNN posted:

The Dudesons are everybody's favorite Finns :colbert:

We don't need to fight, we can have both
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSshKw3eoSY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEdEuTNGlE8