Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

An imp amiibo that's a flat 2D sprite from OG Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Bean posted:

Look I'm the first up at the plate to get irritated at scantily clad video game ladies but that argument of "half naked men? well she has an rear end" is weak af.

If anything Nintendo has just decided that they're committed to bringing us sexy video game characters of all genders.

I hate myself for typing that sentence. Do I have to start a DeviantArt account now?

Self flagellation while watching Sarkeesian videos is your only repentance.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doom amiibo needs to be the little dolls you find in DOOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGjA0O-PsI

winner

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Viewtiful Jew posted:

One of the replies:

https://twitter.com/thelastofsim/status/908324341150109697

That Samus is doctored right? I don't remember her acquiring a badonkadonk expansion in Smash 4.

It's for sure a mod, Samus has a rack I could mount a server on and an rear end to match but nothing like that.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Octopath tickles me just right; I tend to hate faux-retro aesthetics but it manages to really look fantastic. I like how it carries itself overall. Also, I guess we're to the point with JRPGs that I was actually pretty surprised it has full on random encounters in the field instead of dudes wandering around that you run into to engage.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Phantasium posted:

An imp amiibo that's a flat 2D sprite from OG Doom.

They already perfected the tech for it with the Mr Game and Watch amiibo

FireMrshlBill posted:

Self flagellation while watching Sarkeesian videos is your only repentance.

At least Anita's videos make sense

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also I’m not exaggerating when I say that Doom is easily GOTY 2016 and if you haven’t played it you’re missing out. Arcade mode on it is AMAZING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6CbBhsQPM8

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Compared to?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FireMrshlBill posted:

Compared to?

That tweet

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Don't.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Doomguy amiibo in the classic stance where he is shooting downwards with that weird belly shirt/armor

It's not a belly shirt, his armor is torn open :eng101:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Octopath a stealth SaGa game?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i didn't play DOOM because i didn't have a good computer when it launched and now that i have access to a better one i'm beyond the launch window event horizon and might as well wait until it's on sale for $10

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Bravely Default was a stealth Final Fantasy game, so chances are good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

No, it seems good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SaGa Frontier 2 seemed good until I got to the final dungeon....

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also I’m not exaggerating when I say that Doom is easily GOTY 2016 and if you haven’t played it you’re missing out. Arcade mode on it is AMAZING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6CbBhsQPM8

Can’t wait. I wanted to play it just for the soundtrack and audio design.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

Thats pretty much exactly what I thought of while watching the direct. I can't imagine it'll be as bad as the early SaGa games though.

Imagine if SaGa exchanged its mechanical obscurantism for higher production values. This is my impression.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can’t wait. I wanted to play it just for the soundtrack and audio design.

The game is sex for soundtrack and audio design. The intro syncing the shotgun to music as you start the first level tells you you’re going to have an amazing time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW6X1TFRvI0

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this loving owns.

I wonder when From Software will be releasing their Dark Souls ports to Switch, last I heard they were "waiting to see sales numbers"

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Octopath owns.

I'm glad they lifted NPC dueling from Radiata Stories so I can go around obsessively beating up every townsperson.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

this loving owns.

I wonder when From Software will be releasing their Dark Souls ports to Switch, last I heard they were "waiting to see sales numbers"

I would kill everyone in this thread and then myself if it meant that I could play Dark Souls Switch in heaven

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Heaven can't even get switches because of the shortages.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's the dark souls of ports

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

GreenNight posted:

Plus I'd definitely be in hell for murdering

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
The best part of DOOM coming to Switch is the extremely slim, but still possible, chance that Doom Guy With Various Demon Sidekicks will be a playable character in Smash 5.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

I would kill everyone in this thread and then myself if it meant that I could play Dark Souls Switch in heaven

wellll they did have from software on the list of developers supporting the system when they first showed it off

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Octopath post-demo spoiler: Is there anything interesting in the post-demo cave? It was nice to go up against some tougher fights but the items there were basically the same stuff and a shield I had already bought. Did I miss a hidden boss or something?

Modus Pwnens fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 14, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
BJ Blazkowicz for Smash Bros and you hear his internal monologue the whole fight

Sometimes Christmas... sometimes birthdays... sometimes mayhem, suffering and death... sometimes you just need to feel... to smash.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I can't find the Etrian Odyssey demo, eshop just keeps giving my EoU2.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Imagine if SaGa exchanged its mechanical obscurantism for higher production values. This is my impression.

I don't know if I would call it "higher production values".

Saga Frontier 2's hand drawn backgrounds and pixel sprites beat the hell of Octopath's - Let's splatter bloom over otherwise good pixel art -

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

[quote="“Polo-Rican”" post="“476395916”"]
The best part of DOOM coming to Switch is the extremely slim, but still possible, chance that Doom Guy With Various Demon Sidekicks will be a playable character in Smash 5.
[/quote]

I’d be down with this. I couldn’t think of a better character to be the first American designed guest character.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

BJ Blazkowicz for Smash Bros and you hear his internal monologue the whole fight

Sometimes Christmas... sometimes birthdays... sometimes mayhem, suffering and death... sometimes you just need to feel... to smash.

I can hear it

Wendell
May 11, 2003

DalaranJ posted:

I can't find the Etrian Odyssey demo, eshop just keeps giving my EoU2.

I searched "etrian" and then it was at the end.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Night Blade posted:

I don't know if I would call it "higher production values".

Saga Frontier 2's hand drawn backgrounds and pixel sprites beat the hell of Octopath's - Let's splatter bloom over otherwise good pixel art -

On some technical level perhaps but it scratches a different itch. Octopath satiates my nostalgia for OG FF while SF2 looks like the manual/poster art for Secret of Mana or something.

Both good, but aiming at different targets.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Switch... is good

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

GreenNight posted:

Untrue, Jesus can turn Wii Us into Switches. It's in his updated miracle list. In the Second Coming everybody with a Wii U gets a free Switch from Jesus.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

In Hell everyone just gets a virtual boy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gonna :lol: if Octopath outsells the latest Final Fantasy Road Trip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Gonna :lol: if Octopath outsells the latest Final Fantasy Road Trip

FFXV was the fastest selling game in the series history and made back it's budget on day one on two separate systems, somehow I don't think the niche SaGa-alike that is only available on the Switch is going to do that.

• Locked thread