Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I have to pick one of these WRs. 0ppr

Corey Coleman @ Bal
Martavis Bryant v Min
Tyrell Williams v Mia
Golladay @ NYG
Agholor @ KC

Really not sure what to do here. Leaning Williams, especially after Bryant did nothing last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Cotton Candidasis posted:

1 PPR, pick one for Flex:

TY Hilton
Carlos Hyde
Martavis Bryant
Kenny Golladay

Hyde

dxt posted:

Corey Coleman @ Bal
Martavis Bryant v Min
Tyrell Williams v Mia
Golladay @ NYG
Agholor @ KC

Really not sure what to do here. Leaning Williams, especially after Bryant did nothing last week.

Golladay

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TY Hilton
Carlos Hyde
Martavis Bryant
Kenny Golladay

I'd probably go Golladay since the Lions are facing a team that while they have a good secondary, their CBs will be covering Tate and Jones and probably leaving Golladay open.

dxt posted:

Corey Coleman @ Bal
Martavis Bryant v Min
Tyrell Williams v Mia
Golladay @ NYG
Agholor @ KC

Tyrell probably.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

TY Hilton
Carlos Hyde
Martavis Bryant
Kenny Golladay

Hyde

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

dxt posted:

Corey Coleman @ Bal
Martavis Bryant v Min
Tyrell Williams v Mia
Golladay @ NYG
Agholor @ KC

Yeah, I'd go Williams, especially as someone who also has Bryant.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

pubic works project posted:

I'd probably go Golladay since the Lions are facing a team that while they have a good secondary, their CBs will be covering Tate and Jones and probably leaving Golladay open.

Thanks, I appreciate all the advice! If nothing else, it's narrowed down to Golladay vs Hyde.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I nominally say Hyde as well. Hyde is the absolutely undisputed bell cow back, on an offense where they're clearly trying to run the ball often, in a matchup against a team with legendarily good corners and safety. The only issue with Hyde would be the likelihood that the niners wind up down three scores in the third quarter and are forced to throw the ball, plus the likelihood that Hyde isn't going to see the end zone.

So Hyde gives you a solid floor from a lot of touches and being good enough to stack up yards, but his floor could be 125 yards and zero touchdowns.

Golladay probably has a lower floor potential, if the Lions wind up favoring Tate, Marvin Jones, T.J. Jones, Ebron, Riddick, etc. - there's a lot of targets. But he's probably got more touchdown upside. If I was feeling behind on points in my matchup and going for a highest-upside option, I might start Golladay over Hyde.

e. Note: Sherman probably played injured week 1 and may not be 100%, which gives San Francisco slightly more potential in the passing game, and by extension, more options for Hyde to stay on the field for touchdown drives.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Sep 13, 2017

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

FantasyPros says I should starts Davante Adams as my WR2 over Dez Bryant, and start Lamar Miller as my Flex over Dez Bryant. They want me to bench Dez.

I thought the rule was "always start your studs" so I feel conflicted. Is the Flex position a coinflip? I guess, uh,

Pick two out of these three for WR2 and Flex:
Davante Adams
Dez Bryant
Lamar Miller

Standard scoring.

I just want to better understand the arguments for benching Dez, or have someone go "always start your studs!"

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 13, 2017

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

FAT BATMAN posted:

FantasyPros says I should starts Davante Adams as my WR2 over Dez Bryant, and start Lamar Miller as my Flex over Dez Bryant. They want me to bench Dez.

I thought the rule was "always start your studs" so I feel conflicted. Is the Flex position a coinflip? I guess, uh,

Pick two out of these three for WR2 and Flex:
Davante Adams
Dez Bryant
Lamar Miller

Standard scoring.

I just want to better understand the arguments for benching Dez, or have someone go "always start your studs!"

Noticed that fantasypros has a massive erection for Adams on my lineups to. Bryant and Miller are no brainers.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Noticed that fantasypros has a massive erection for Adams on my lineups to. Bryant and Miller are no brainers.

Same here but mine is between Adams, Gillislee, & Watkins in flex for my 1 ppr league.

It's also telling me to play (with all experts selected) Mark Ingram over J Stewart and (with only top 20 selected) Tevin Coleman over J Stewart in my Flex spot 0ppr.

Me thinks something is broken at least for the second one.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I nominally say Hyde as well. Hyde is the absolutely undisputed bell cow back, on an offense where they're clearly trying to run the ball often, in a matchup against a team with legendarily good corners and safety. The only issue with Hyde would be the likelihood that the niners wind up down three scores in the third quarter and are forced to throw the ball, plus the likelihood that Hyde isn't going to see the end zone.

So Hyde gives you a solid floor from a lot of touches and being good enough to stack up yards, but his floor could be 125 yards and zero touchdowns.

Golladay probably has a lower floor potential, if the Lions wind up favoring Tate, Marvin Jones, T.J. Jones, Ebron, Riddick, etc. - there's a lot of targets. But he's probably got more touchdown upside. If I was feeling behind on points in my matchup and going for a highest-upside option, I might start Golladay over Hyde.

e. Note: Sherman probably played injured week 1 and may not be 100%, which gives San Francisco slightly more potential in the passing game, and by extension, more options for Hyde to stay on the field for touchdown drives.

Ok, thanks for highlighting the up (and down) sides for Hyde and Golladay. I'm slightly projected to win, so I'll probably start Hyde.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alfalfa posted:

Same here but mine is between Adams, Gillislee, & Watkins in flex for my 1 ppr league.

It's also telling me to play (with all experts selected) Mark Ingram over J Stewart and (with only top 20 selected) Tevin Coleman over J Stewart in my Flex spot 0ppr.

Me thinks something is broken at least for the second one.

I'm praying to God that Ingram has a great game because he's now my RB2.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

TY Hilton
Carlos Hyde
Martavis Bryant
Kenny Golladay

For me it's a tie between Bryant and Golladay just based on who's throwing to them. Don't trust the QB for the other two, and Hyde isn't likely to rip off a bunch of run yards against the Seahawks.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Sorry if this is the wrong thread... didn't see anything for trade advice.

My RB situation in one league is pretty iffy. RB1 is Dalvin Cook (who had a decent start), and 2 is Bilal Powell who I hoped would get the bulk of the work but in reality they're splitting between him and Forte... plus the Jets suck.

My bench is pretty bleak.

My WR list is much better off (especially when OBJ comes back), and I have a trade offer on the table for Amari Cooper (mine) for Lamar Miller (his) and a "something small" (need to determine what).

That'd leave me with OBJ, Alshon Jeffery, Willie Snead (when back) and Rishard Matthews as my main group of WR.

So should I take the trade? Or should I stay the course with Powell knowing my RB's are likely to give me subpar performances but hope for big numbers from OBJ and Amari?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

TheFace posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread... didn't see anything for trade advice.

My RB situation in one league is pretty iffy. RB1 is Dalvin Cook (who had a decent start), and 2 is Bilal Powell who I hoped would get the bulk of the work but in reality they're splitting between him and Forte... plus the Jets suck.

My bench is pretty bleak.

My WR list is much better off (especially when OBJ comes back), and I have a trade offer on the table for Amari Cooper (mine) for Lamar Miller (his) and a "something small" (need to determine what).

That'd leave me with OBJ, Alshon Jeffery, Willie Snead (when back) and Rishard Matthews as my main group of WR.

So should I take the trade? Or should I stay the course with Powell knowing my RB's are likely to give me subpar performances but hope for big numbers from OBJ and Amari?

Don't trade for Miller... Especially Cooper for Miller. Everyone here in Houston is saying with how bad the line is they are going to start playing Foreman a ton and transition more so back to a Kubiak style zone blocking scheme which will take some work.

Miller won't do much for you this season.

Also - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818837

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Don't trade for Miller... Especially Cooper for Miller. Everyone here in Houston is saying with how bad the line is they are going to start playing Foreman a ton and transition more so back to a Kubiak style zone blocking scheme which will take some work.

Miller won't do much for you this season.

Also - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818837

Thanks and thanks (for the thread), guess I didn't look too hard, just searched for "Trade"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, 0ppr, but 1 point per first down for WRs, 2.5 points per first down for tight ends. Choose my fourth flex spot:
Brandon LaFell vs. Houston (thursday game)
Mohamed Sanu vs. Green Bay
Jesse James vs. Minnesota

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

OK, 0ppr, but 1 point per first down for WRs, 2.5 points per first down for tight ends. Choose my fourth flex spot:
Brandon LaFell vs. Houston (thursday game)
Mohamed Sanu vs. Green Bay
Jesse James vs. Minnesota

I'd go with straight up targets in this case.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sanu, then? I'm already leaning Sanu, but Jesse James with that 2.5 point thing is tempting, even if he doesn't score two touchdowns again. How is Green Bay against tight ends?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Sanu, then? I'm already leaning Sanu, but Jesse James with that 2.5 point thing is tempting, even if he doesn't score two touchdowns again. How is Green Bay against tight ends?

Both are ~3rdish in their respective pecking orders, on productive offenses. Also, James is up against MIN, not GB. To best answer the question would require a look at how many first downs James got last game and how many MIN gave up to TEs last season.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 13, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
James White over Andre Ellington, Joe Mixon and Derrick Henry? .5ppr

Also, Watkins and Martavis Bryant over Hopkins? I hate these Thursday night games

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 13, 2017

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Bryant and Miller are no brainers.

Is Bryant a no brainer? He struggled mightily last week against Jenkins and Denver's CBs are really pretty good too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Both are ~3rdish in their respective pecking orders, on productive offenses. Also, James is up against MIN, not GB. To best answer the question would require a look at how many first downs James got last game and how many MIN gave up to TEs last season.

drat I was looking at the wrong thing, MIN is right.

James' scoring last week:
7.50 3 Receiving First Downs
10.00 2 Receiving TDs
4.10 41 Receiving Yards
21.60 Total

Which reminds me that it's 5pt touchdowns (because a TD also counts as a first down, I think).

How relevant is MIN's performance against TEs last year? Anyway I don't know where to find "first downs given up to X position" by year or week, regardless.

It's a tough decision. My inclination is to go with Sanu, but that's probably borne at least in part from aversion to tight ends, but with these scoring options... well as you can see, even without the TDs, three first downs and some yards are enough to beat a decent WR performance.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

drat I was looking at the wrong thing, MIN is right.

James' scoring last week:
7.50 3 Receiving First Downs
10.00 2 Receiving TDs
4.10 41 Receiving Yards
21.60 Total

Which reminds me that it's 5pt touchdowns (because a TD also counts as a first down, I think).

How relevant is MIN's performance against TEs last year? Anyway I don't know where to find "first downs given up to X position" by year or week, regardless.

It's a tough decision. My inclination is to go with Sanu, but that's probably borne at least in part from aversion to tight ends, but with these scoring options... well as you can see, even without the TDs, three first downs and some yards are enough to beat a decent WR performance.

I was just wondering aloud whether the MIN defense was stingy or not against receiving yards. Less yards = less first downs kinda thing.

Turns out that they were middle of the pack in terms of yards per game, and tied with HOU and BAL in shortest average yards per reception ("bend but don't break").

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/receiving/year/2016

So maaaybe one could extend that to indicate a tendency to keep the ball in front, which lends itself more to slot receivers and TEs?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I need a WR and FLEX in .5 PPR:

Jeremy Maclin v CLE
Emmanuel Sanders V DAL
Corey Coleman @ BAL
Kenny Golladay @ NYG
Thomas Rawls v SF
Javorius Allen v CLE

First two are my gut choices, but I'm not sure if someone else could be safer picks.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

I need a WR and FLEX in .5 PPR:

Jeremy Maclin v CLE
Emmanuel Sanders V DAL
Corey Coleman @ BAL
Kenny Golladay @ NYG
Thomas Rawls v SF
Javorius Allen v CLE

First two are my gut choices, but I'm not sure if someone else could be safer picks.

Go with your gut.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
1 PPR 6pt TDs

My RB are in shambles after loseing DJ and Woodhead.

Pick 2 for RB 1 and 2

Kerwynn Williams
Ameer Abdullah
Javorius Allen
Joe Mixon
Doug Martin

Kerwynn v Colts seem like the smart pick.

but

Should I gamble on Mixon put it together against Huston more then Abdullah against NYG?

Looking through the FAs
Shane Vereen
Alvin Kamara
Matt Forte
Chris Carson
are all available too...

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 14, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

I was just wondering aloud whether the MIN defense was stingy or not against receiving yards. Less yards = less first downs kinda thing.

Turns out that they were middle of the pack in terms of yards per game, and tied with HOU and BAL in shortest average yards per reception ("bend but don't break").

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/receiving/year/2016

So maaaybe one could extend that to indicate a tendency to keep the ball in front, which lends itself more to slot receivers and TEs?

When I switch the chart you linked to defense, and sort by average yards per reception, Minnesota is 12th, so a bit above average but not startlingly so. They were fourth from best in receiving yards per game, though. I take those stats to mean the MIN defense as a whole encourages offenses to run the ball, but gives up first downs fairly regularly when they do get thrown on.

But again, 2016 stats, and I'm just not sure how much that's relevant, it's a new year with new players and so forth. Although it's interesting!

Anyway I'm not particularly closer to making a decision. Probably Sanu has the safer floor, I might just go with him on that basis.

RAR!
Oct 21, 2005
rabble babble
0.5ppr need flex

bilal powell @ oak
ted ginn jr vs ne

Powell didn't get as many touches as I'd like last week so it doesn't make me super confident against the Oakland defense. Ginn had a good amount of targets and KC recievers did pretty well against New England last week but Brees has so many options.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
No PPR need an RB

Miller @ CIN
Montgomery @ ATL
CJA vs DEN

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I need one of these three in a standard non-ppr format:

CJ Anderson vs DAL
Mark Ingram vs NE
Terrence West vs COE

I'm leaning Anderson but West is a bit of a temptation.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Ben Nevis posted:

No PPR need an RB

Miller @ CIN
Montgomery @ ATL
CJA vs DEN
Montgomery

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I need one of these three in a standard non-ppr format:

CJ Anderson vs DAL
Mark Ingram vs NE
Terrence West vs COE

I'm leaning Anderson but West is a bit of a temptation.
Anderson

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Trying to figure out my Flex spot this week (if OBJ is actually back):

Rishard Matthews @ Jax
Alshon Jeffery vs Oak
Rob Kelley @Rams

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Maybe Kelly for floor, Jeffrey for ceiling?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

TheFace posted:

Trying to figure out my Flex spot this week (if OBJ is actually back):

Rishard Matthews @ Jax
Alshon Jeffery vs Oak
Rob Kelley @Rams

Alshon is up against the Chiefs. With Eric Berry out, I'd play him.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

That's weird, my app said Oakland and I don't follow the Eagles so didn't know any better, you're right! Thanks!

Edit: nope I'm just a dumb and read the player above him in my list. Oops

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Flex in .5 PPR:
John Brown @ IND
Tyrell Williams vs MIA
Tarik Cohen @ TB

WR in 0 PPR:
Dez Bryant @ DEN
Golden Tate @ NYG
Randall Cobb @ ATL

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have all these mid-level wide receivers. I just know one of them is going to go for 28 on my bench like Stefon Diggs did last week. Thoughts? .5 PPR

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Thomas Rawls v SF or Darren Sproles @ KC for my flex? Seems like it should obviously be rawls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Berry is a safety. Alshon will be facing up against Marcus Peters. Berry's replacement Eric Murray is pretty good.

I'm not sure about playing Eagles receivers considering their coach was a Chiefs assistant. You may think it will give Doug Pederson an advantage but I think it actually gives Bob Sutton an advantage.

• Locked thread