Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

SirPhoebos posted:

RIP President Fleet Consciousness.

I hope that's a day 1 mod that specifically allows President Fleet Comciousness again.

It'd vote for you if you were running for president. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The "real" patch notes are up on Reddit.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Bloodly posted:

The danger being that Minerals Control Everything(Potentially giving a real concrete advantage to the cold-lovers that can spiral) and mixed resources tend to be a pain because no building by default exploits the combos. So you tend to leave them clear.

I already mostly played arctic penguins, just gives me another excuse to never start on not snow.

Though since I probably won't touch non-robots for a while, sand is also tempting. Energy is good.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

As a bonus, here is a picture of all the new portraits in the Synthetic Dawn story pack, one for each species class

Stellaris Dev Diary #80 - Machine Empires posted:

All in all, ~12 new machine portraits are planned, including one themed on each existing species class (Fungoid bots, Avian bots, etc) as well as some portraits that are themed around specific roles, such as worker bots or combat bots.

do they not teach arithmetic in sweden no more? cause thats 8 new portraits i see there, not 12

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Kitchner posted:

What is the rate of decay on the fanatical purifier/devouring swarm mauls to diplomacy?

If it just disappears it's pretty hosed up you can be a threat to all life in the galaxy and you just say "nah I'm not into that anymore" and everyone goes "ahh cool"

- The Devouring Swarm and Fanatical Purifier civics can no longer be added or removed after game start

Welp, well that answered that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Soup du Journey posted:

do they not teach arithmetic in sweden no more? cause thats 8 new portraits i see there, not 12

Planned, not necessarily implemented

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

Planned, not necessarily implemented

yeah i can see that. maybe they can implement a price thats lower than planned too, right?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Soup du Journey posted:

yeah i can see that. maybe they can implement a price thats lower than planned too, right?

You can implement your dick into my mouth

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
oh my god i finally found that glory hole. shalom!

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
It's kind of weird they removed plantoid gender since, y'know, plants can actually be gendered.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
In the glorious future, everyone is a hermaphrodite.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

darnon posted:

It's kind of weird they removed plantoid gender since, y'know, plants can actually be gendered.

Gender is a false bourgeois construct and should be removed from all portrait types

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Actually in the future no one has any gender, or sex. You keep your hands to yourself. Reproduction is handled via mitosis.

Edit:

Nevets posted:

Is this the new way to insult people now that gay isn't a put down anymore? Offering blowjobs to your enemies?
He use his teeth... or so I hear.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 14, 2017

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

You can implement your dick into my mouth

Is this the new way to insult people now that gay isn't a put down anymore? Offering blowjobs to your enemies?

Or is assuming your internet opponent is a man now an insult?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There are mods for that. :q:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Nevets posted:

Or is assuming your internet opponent is a man now an insult?

It's ironic and I'm gay, but not ironically

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
And somehow people still wonder why developers are reluctant to discuss anything that isn't 100% nailed down and finalized. v:shobon:v

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
yo mune, they're dev diaries, not love letters.

they're meant to drum up excitement so you get more sales when a thing gets released. attention & expectation from the consumers aren't a side effect of the diaries, they're p. much the reason you guys write them in the first place. not sure there's a reason or need to get coy about that

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Good to know that not having the exact number of portraits is the main thing that will ruin your excitement.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i like to hold my vendors to their ad material :shrug:

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

LordMune posted:

And somehow people still wonder why developers are reluctant to discuss anything that isn't 100% nailed down and finalized. v:shobon:v

I'm starting to understand why you guys haven't been around here much, lately. Please try to ignore that person, he is probably not well.

Do you have any comment on that whole 'homeworld trait' thing we were discussing earlier today? Is that a suggestion that could fit into your overall vision?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Soup du Journey posted:

You aren't though

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

quote:

- Government Authorities now support a localization_postfix, allowing for custom renaming of Technologies, Policies, Edicts, Spaceport Modules, Buildings and Strategic Resources depending on the player's governing authority

I get that this is being done for hive minds and machine consciousnesses primarily but are there any plans to allow this kind of prefixing for other conditions besides authority? Ethics, civics, etc.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Soup du Journey posted:

Dev Dairies are not meant to be ad material. Even if you take it that way.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

You aren't though
sure i am.

Tormented posted:

Dev Dairies are not meant to be ad material. Even if you take it that way.
yo if they didnt have an effect on sales or consumer loyalty or whatever then they wouldn't bother writing them. they're ads :/

anyway it weirds me out that so many of the threads here turn into hugboxes favoring the developer. like, why? it's just a thing you sometimes buy. it's okay to be a little critical. if some outfit puts out promo material and the finished product doesn't deliver on it (by a little or by a lot), then the burden is on them to run a tighter ship; there's nothing wrong with the buyer for wrinkling their nose at any disparity between the two.

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 15, 2017

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It helps when the dev who most often comments in the thread is actively from the community of the board and was hired(Seemingly) due to what he'd done whilst on the board.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Soup du Journey posted:

sure i am.

yo if they didnt have an effect on sales or consumer loyalty or whatever then they wouldn't bother writing them.

anyway it weirds me out that so many of the threads here turn into hugboxes favoring the developer. like, why? it's just a thing you sometimes buy. it's okay to be a little critical. if some outfit puts out promo material and the finished product doesn't deliver on it (by a little or by a lot), then the burden is on them to run a tighter ship; there's nothing wrong with the buyer for wrinkling their nose at any disparity between the two.

They said they have 12 planned. Planned does not mean currently ready.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Soup du Journey posted:

sure i am.

yo if they didnt have an effect on sales or consumer loyalty or whatever then they wouldn't bother writing them. they're ads :/

That's not how any of this works

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

They said they have 12 planned. Planned does not mean currently ready.
and im registering my disappointment that they dont have their act together. it's fine. i made a little crack about arithmetic.

anyway, i ate a probe from games for being bad in the friday the 13th thread over something similar (i ended up passing on that game), so i guess i should quit this topic while im very, very far ahead & correct. im right by the way. namaste & jai bhagwan. i love you all.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Soup du Journey posted:

and im registering my disappointment that they dont have their act together. it's fine. i made a little crack about arithmetic.

anyway, i ate a probe from games for being bad in the friday the 13th thread over something similar (i ended up passing on that game), so i guess i should quit this topic while im very, very far ahead & correct. im right by the way. namaste & jai bhagwan. i love you all.

The "ad material" (not what a dev diary is) just says that they have 12 portraits planned. It's not "holding them to their promises" to be a can of Campbell's Bitch Soup to whine about not all of the portraits being ready. What are you not understanding here?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I wished they'd buffed some of the other perks instead of nerfing Mastery of Nature.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The "ad material" (not what a dev diary is) just says that they have 12 portraits planned. It's not "holding them to their promises" to be a can of Campbell's Bitch Soup to whine about not all of the portraits being ready. What are you not understanding here?
dude, im very much over this right now. why are you doing this? this shouldnt be happening...

they write those things to get customers interested so they'll buy a thing. its promo material, and they goofed on it, so i made a crack. it saddens, arouses, frightens & excites me that you're choosing to project your upset feelings onto me over this. please try yoga. i want to be back on track.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fintilgin posted:

I wished they'd buffed some of the other perks instead of nerfing Mastery of Nature.

Free tile blocker removal took all thinking out of how to deal with them. It shouldn't be surprising that it was nerfed.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

hobbesmaster posted:

Free tile blocker removal took all thinking out of how to deal with them. It shouldn't be surprising that it was nerfed.

It was FUN though. FUN.

I noticed they basically removed any penalties to interacting with sectors, which seems like a HUGE change. I wonder if it's a sign of even bigger sector changes going forward in the next expansion.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

LordMune posted:

Well, yeah. Setting expectations is pretty important. When a developer suggests they're going to do X and then doesn't fully deliver on that, customers tend to be disappointed. Especially when X is part of a paid DLC that you're charging money for. This isn't some crazy thing that only insane videogame addicts do - ordinary business clients buying boring-as-hell enterprise software do it too. Next time, underpromise and overdeliver, instead of overpromising and under-delivering.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Main Paineframe posted:

Well, yeah. Setting expectations is pretty important. When a developer suggests they're going to do X and then doesn't fully deliver on that, customers tend to be disappointed. Especially when X is part of a paid DLC that you're charging money for. This isn't some crazy thing that only insane videogame addicts do - ordinary business clients buying boring-as-hell enterprise software do it too. Next time, underpromise and overdeliver, instead of overpromising and under-delivering.

But they didn't promise anything. That's literally the whole point here.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
At first I was thinking SHODAN would be a driven exterminator, but on reflection she's definitely a cyborg assimilator.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is surprising how many people find 4 portraits to be a deal breaker in what appears to be a pretty crunchy DLC otherwise?

Like they're good portraits but, I mean, is that really the appeal?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Oh boy time to hook my robortraits up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Wiz said on other boards, either Reddit or Plaza, that the decision was made to do 8 high quality portraits rather than 12 medium quality ones.

I'll take that trade.

• Locked thread